Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tried a new flavor...

I saw a new Hägen-Dazs flavor at the supermarket today, Caramelized Pear and
Toasted Pecan. I couldn’t resist a try, and it was delicious!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 11(XI)/09(IX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
1dys 2hrs 36mins
Confucius say: Man who run behind
truck get exhausted.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I saw a new Hägen-Dazs flavor at the supermarket today, Caramelized Pear and
> Toasted Pecan. I couldnÂ’t resist a try, and it was delicious!

I still miss their discontinued - long ago - peanut butter vanilla.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

And here I thought maybe you sex with a woman...

I tried the pear and it was OK if you like pear. definately a pear
flavor. Supposedly this one was the winner in some sort of Gourmet
magazine poll, according to Sarah Moulton.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> I saw a new Hägen-Dazs flavor at the supermarket today, Caramelized Pear and
>> Toasted Pecan. I couldnÂ’t resist a try, and it was delicious!

> I still miss their discontinued - long ago - peanut butter vanilla.

Never had Hägen-Daz but Blue Bell had a wonderful flavor eons ago -
"Peanutty Fudge." I tried to eat enough of it then to convince the
company to make it a regular instead of the one-year only flavor but it
didn't work out that way.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> I saw a new Hägen-Dazs flavor at the supermarket today, Caramelized
> Pear and Toasted Pecan. I couldn’t resist a try, and it was
> delicious!

That sounds really yummy; I'll be keeping an eye out for it!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 10 Nov 2008 06:49:08a, flitterbit told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> I saw a new Hägen-Dazs flavor at the supermarket today, Caramelized
>> Pear and Toasted Pecan. I couldn’t resist a try, and it was
>> delicious!
>>

> That sounds really yummy; I'll be keeping an eye out for it!

I’m assuming it’s new, as I had not seen it before. Definitely worth looking
for.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 11(XI)/10(X)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
17hrs 10mins
A belly button is for salt when you
eat celery in bed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Mon 10 Nov 2008 06:49:08a, flitterbit told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> I saw a new Hägen-Dazs flavor at the supermarket today, Caramelized
>>> Pear and Toasted Pecan. I couldn't resist a try, and it was
>>> delicious!
>>>

>> That sounds really yummy; I'll be keeping an eye out for it!
>>

> I'm assuming it's new, as I had not seen it before. Definitely worth
> looking for.

If you like pear, Target carries a Swiss brand of chocolate, Frey, that
includes a pear flavor. It seems to use that dried, powdered fruit
concentrate stuff. Very tasty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 06:43:29 -0600, George Shirley wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>> I saw a new Hägen-Dazs flavor at the supermarket today, Caramelized Pear and
>>> Toasted Pecan. I couldn’t resist a try, and it was delicious!

>> I still miss their discontinued - long ago - peanut butter vanilla.
>>

> Never had Hägen-Daz but Blue Bell had a wonderful flavor eons ago -
> "Peanutty Fudge." I tried to eat enough of it then to convince the
> company to make it a regular instead of the one-year only flavor but it
> didn't work out that way.

even in failure, we salute your heroic effort!

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 10 Nov 2008 07:27:13a, Janet told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> That sounds really yummy; I'll be keeping an eye out for it!
>>>

>> I'm assuming it's new, as I had not seen it before. Definitely worth
>> looking for.

> If you like pear, Target carries a Swiss brand of chocolate, Frey, that
> includes a pear flavor. It seems to use that dried, powdered fruit
> concentrate stuff. Very tasty.

Thanks, Janet, I’ll have to look for that!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 11(XI)/10(X)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
15hrs 50mins
I'm not mooning, I'm obsessing.
There's a difference. -Dick, 3rd Rock
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> I saw a new Hägen-Dazs flavor at the supermarket today, Caramelized Pear and
> Toasted Pecan. I couldn’t resist a try, and it was delicious!

My husband likes to treat me to the Cherry Garcia as a treat, but
recently the store only had pints contained half Cherry Garcia and half
Chocolate Fudge. What a disappointment! I'm not into chocolate ice
cream at all.
Goomba- who can embarrassingly polish off a pint of cherry Garcia
instead of a meal now and then.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 10 Nov 2008 08:25:59a, Goomba told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> I saw a new Hägen-Dazs flavor at the supermarket today, Caramelized
>> Pear and Toasted Pecan. I couldn’t resist a try, and it was delicious!
>>

> My husband likes to treat me to the Cherry Garcia as a treat, but
> recently the store only had pints contained half Cherry Garcia and half
> Chocolate Fudge. What a disappointment! I'm not into chocolate ice
> cream at all.
> Goomba- who can embarrassingly polish off a pint of cherry Garcia
> instead of a meal now and then.

I like both Cherry Garcia and Chocolate Fudge, but I would certainly prefer
them separately, not together.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 11(XI)/10(X)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
15hrs 28mins
Stability brought about by force is
not stability at all.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:51:24 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>I’m assuming it’s new, as I had not seen it before. Definitely worth looking
>for.

I wish you hadn't told us this. I am trying to eat healthy these
days, and now you go and tell me about a new ice cream that sounds
wonderful. I love pear....

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 10 Nov 2008 08:43:34a, Christine Dabney told us...

> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:51:24 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>I’m assuming it’s new, as I had not seen it before. Definitely worth
>>looking for.

> I wish you hadn't told us this. I am trying to eat healthy these
> days, and now you go and tell me about a new ice cream that sounds
> wonderful. I love pear....
>
> Christine

Pears are healthy, Christine. Think positive!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 11(XI)/10(X)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
15hrs 14mins
URA Redneck if your funeral has more
pickup trucks than cars.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:51:24 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>I'm assuming it's new, as I had not seen it before. Definitely worth
>>looking
>>for.

> I wish you hadn't told us this. I am trying to eat healthy these
> days, and now you go and tell me about a new ice cream that sounds
> wonderful. I love pear....

Everything in moderation, my dear!

TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I’m assuming it’s new, as I had not seen it before. Definitely worth looking
> for.

I first had it about 6-8 weeks ago.

I'm a sucker for a new flavor of ice cream. Especially Haagen dasz.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Shirley wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>> I saw a new Hägen-Dazs flavor at the supermarket today, Caramelized Pear and
>>> Toasted Pecan. I couldnÂ’t resist a try, and it was delicious!

>> I still miss their discontinued - long ago - peanut butter vanilla.
>>

> Never had Hägen-Daz but Blue Bell had a wonderful flavor eons ago -
> "Peanutty Fudge." I tried to eat enough of it then to convince the
> company to make it a regular instead of the one-year only flavor but it
> didn't work out that way.

Where I give blood (Cedars-Sinai Hospital, Beverly Hills) they give out
movie passes (which I never use) and coupons for a free pint of
Baskin-Robbins.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 06:43:29 -0600, George Shirley wrote:
>
>> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>>> I still miss their discontinued - long ago - peanut butter vanilla.
>>>

>> Never had Hägen-Daz but Blue Bell had a wonderful flavor eons ago -
>> "Peanutty Fudge." I tried to eat enough of it then to convince the
>> company to make it a regular instead of the one-year only flavor but it
>> didn't work out that way.

> even in failure, we salute your heroic effort!

Saaaah...LUTE!

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:51:24 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>IÂ’m assuming itÂ’s new, as I had not seen it before. Definitely worth looking
>>for.

> I wish you hadn't told us this. I am trying to eat healthy these
> days, and now you go and tell me about a new ice cream that sounds
> wonderful. I love pear....

Don't just buy one. Buy a pear!

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM wrote:

> "Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:51:24 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>I'm assuming it's new, as I had not seen it before. Definitely worth
>>>looking
>>>for.

>> I wish you hadn't told us this. I am trying to eat healthy these
>> days, and now you go and tell me about a new ice cream that sounds
>> wonderful. I love pear....

> Everything in moderation, my dear!

Including moderation!

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Shirley > wrote in message
. ..
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
> > Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> >
> >> I saw a new Hägen-Dazs flavor at the supermarket today, Caramelized

Pear and
> >> Toasted Pecan. I couldn’t resist a try, and it was delicious!

> > I still miss their discontinued - long ago - peanut butter vanilla.
> >

> Never had Hägen-Daz but Blue Bell had a wonderful flavor eons ago -
> "Peanutty Fudge." I tried to eat enough of it then to convince the
> company to make it a regular instead of the one-year only flavor but it
> didn't work out that way.

Had a variety many years ago called 'Moose Tracks'. Can't remember the
brand - haven't seen it for years.

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 10 Nov 2008 02:34:15p, JonquilJan told us...

> George Shirley > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Pear and
>> >
>> > I still miss their discontinued - long ago - peanut butter vanilla.
>> >

>> Never had Hägen-Daz but Blue Bell had a wonderful flavor eons ago -
>> "Peanutty Fudge." I tried to eat enough of it then to convince the
>> company to make it a regular instead of the one-year only flavor but it
>> didn't work out that way.

> Had a variety many years ago called 'Moose Tracks'. Can't remember the
> brand - haven't seen it for years.
>
> JonquilJan

I think that was Ben and Jerry’s.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 11(XI)/10(X)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
9hrs 6mins
A girl and a boy bump into each other
-- surely an accident. A girl and a
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:03:00 -0800, "TammyM" >
wrote:

>Everything in moderation, my dear!
>
>TammyM

I know.....I know....

This is so hard!!

However, the food blogs and the recipes that come out of here, plus
all my cookbooks help.

I have been thinking of the Afghan dish (chicken with the lentils)
lately...and wondering if the rice pairing would be good made with
barley, or a brown basmati rice....

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

JonquilJan wrote:

> George Shirley > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Blinky the Shark wrote:

> > Caramelized

> Pear and
> > >
> > > I still miss their discontinued - long ago - peanut butter
> > > vanilla.
> > >

> > Never had Hdgen-Daz but Blue Bell had a wonderful flavor eons ago -
> > "Peanutty Fudge." I tried to eat enough of it then to convince the
> > company to make it a regular instead of the one-year only flavor
> > but it didn't work out that way.

> Had a variety many years ago called 'Moose Tracks'. Can't remember
> the brand - haven't seen it for years.
>
> JonquilJan
>
> Learn something new every day
> As long as you are learning, you are living
> When you stop learning, you start dying

It belongs to a company called Denali.

<http://www.moosetracks.com/>

It looks like they license the formula. If you do at store search in a
state, it lists the retailer and the brands that use it.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> I saw a new Hägen-Dazs flavor at the supermarket today, Caramelized Pear and
> Toasted Pecan. I couldn’t resist a try, and it was delicious!

I am going to forget I saw that. In a moment, I may get even though.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 10 Nov 2008 04:41:55p, Jean B. told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> I saw a new Hägen-Dazs flavor at the supermarket today, Caramelized
>> Pear and Toasted Pecan. I couldn’t resist a try, and it was delicious!
>>

> I am going to forget I saw that. In a moment, I may get even though.

Oh, come on, Jean. You *owe* yourself a pint!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 11(XI)/10(X)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
7hrs 17mins
Drive C: Error, (A)bort (R)etry
(I)gnore (K)ick (S)cream

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Mon 10 Nov 2008 08:43:34a, Christine Dabney told us...
>
>> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:51:24 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I’m assuming it’s new, as I had not seen it before. Definitely worth
>>> looking for.

>> I wish you hadn't told us this. I am trying to eat healthy these
>> days, and now you go and tell me about a new ice cream that sounds
>> wonderful. I love pear....
>>
>> Christine
>>

> Pears are healthy, Christine. Think positive!

I like the way you think!

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 10 Nov 2008 04:46:53p, Jean B. told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Mon 10 Nov 2008 08:43:34a, Christine Dabney told us...
>>
>>> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:51:24 GMT, Wayne Boatwright

>>> I wish you hadn't told us this. I am trying to eat healthy these
>>> days, and now you go and tell me about a new ice cream that sounds
>>> wonderful. I love pear....
>>>
>>> Christine
>>>

>> Pears are healthy, Christine. Think positive!
>>

> I like the way you think!

<G>

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 11(XI)/10(X)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
7hrs 6mins
'If people could put rainbows in zoos,
they'd do it.' -- Hobbes
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:53:58 -0800, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:

>Christine Dabney wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:51:24 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>I?m assuming it?s new, as I had not seen it before. Definitely worth looking
>>>for.

>> I wish you hadn't told us this. I am trying to eat healthy these
>> days, and now you go and tell me about a new ice cream that sounds
>> wonderful. I love pear....

>Don't just buy one. Buy a pear!

Groan

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/09
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> > Had a variety many years ago called 'Moose Tracks'. Can't remember
> > the brand - haven't seen it for years.
> >
> > JonquilJan
> >
> > Learn something new every day
> > As long as you are learning, you are living
> > When you stop learning, you start dying

> It belongs to a company called Denali.
>
> <http://www.moosetracks.com/>
>
> It looks like they license the formula. If you do at store search in a
> state, it lists the retailer and the brands that use it.
>

> Brian

Thanks Brian. I live in a rural area and seldom travel too far (disabled)
but will make a note of where I can get this in case I get that far away.

I need informed people like you around!

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" wrote:
> Goomba > : in
> rec.food.cooking
>
>> Goomba- who can embarrassingly polish off a pint of cherry Garcia
>> instead of a meal now and then.

> Yeahbut isn't that one of the perks of being a nurse ;-)
>
> Michael

Oh, I suspect it is a skill many folks in various professions have
mastered. LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:54:21 -0800, Blinky the Shark wrote:

> TammyM wrote:
>

>> "Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:51:24 GMT, Wayne Boatwright

>>> I wish you hadn't told us this. I am trying to eat healthy these
>>> days, and now you go and tell me about a new ice cream that sounds
>>> wonderful. I love pear....

>> Everything in moderation, my dear!

> Including moderation!

extremism in the pursuit of moderation is no vice.

your pal,
barry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:55:16 GMT, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Mon 10 Nov 2008 02:34:15p, JonquilJan told us...
>>
>> Had a variety many years ago called 'Moose Tracks'. Can't remember the
>> brand - haven't seen it for years.
>>
>> JonquilJan

> I think that was Ben and Jerry’s.

look for it to make a big comeback real soon, you betcha!

your pal,
sarah

Go for flavor, not fat [email protected] General Cooking 0 30-05-2008 11:59 AM
Five-Flavor Cake w. Six Flavor Glaze Tom & Kathy Harris Recipes 0 19-11-2007 12:58 AM
REC - Five-Flavor Cake With Six-Flavor Glaze Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 0 04-07-2006 12:11 AM
Explain this flavor Chris Sprague Wine 9 17-12-2004 09:39 PM
extracting flavor Al Davis Winemaking 8 09-12-2004 09:49 PM