Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default cyber**** shows its proficiency at hypocrisy

"Ophelia" > wrote
>>> Oh yes, and believe me, I would rather cut my own throat that come
>>> within a thousand miles of you, you supturating bag of stinking
>>> green pus and excrement!

>> NICEly done, Ms. O!

> Well I can't claim it as my own. My mind doesn't go in that direction
> But I thought the help I had was appropriate.

Mind if I use it? It appears to fit Terwiliger rather nicely.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 15:36:22 -0600, "Gregory Morrow" >
> wrote:
>
>>A few of those Usenet malcontents have even given up on
>>Usenet *completely* because of my relentless hammering of their utter
>>stupidity and phoniness...

> I never thought you'd sound as self righteous as -sw.... but I guess
> there's always a first time.

I should add that Wertz at least has an intelligence level above plant life.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote
>>>
>>> NICEly done, Ms. O!

>> Well I can't claim it as my own. My mind doesn't go in that
>> direction But I thought the help I had was appropriate.
>>

> Mind if I use it? It appears to fit Terwiliger rather nicely.

You may use it if you wish, but it wasn't mine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I am not from India; just trying to cook high protein non-eatdishes (hence Indian but not as much spice) with the least amount of oil

On Nov 7, 4:49 am, "cshenk" > wrote:
> "amandaF" wrote
>
> "cshenk" > wrote:
> >> Sure! Lots of us can be pretty airheaded though! After all, It was *my*
> >> comments that had folks thinking you were possibly from India!

> >What I meant by airhead was more of an attitude/behavior towrad me
> >than making the wrong assumption.

> That's something I wouldnt worry about at all. I'd just ignore those folks.

> Not worth your time or effort to reply to them.

Exactly; I only replied as much as I did to let them know that they
wouldn't be successful in intimidating me which they did after they
made themselves look like a fool claiming to be flamed and what not.

> > The only crime, if it could be considered a crime, I committed was
> > that when I am in a rush, I tend to ignore spelling, grammer, and
> > sentence structure, in situations where I can afford to not worry
> > about such as posting in ngs. As a non native speaker of English, it
> > takes a little extra effort to make sure of all that which I choe not
> > to when I don't have time. To thoise who think it is the end of the
> > world, sue me.

> Ah, it's no biggie really. Folks here like to chat about cooking and not
> all of us are all that careful always with spelling.
>
> >I am extremely pressed with time to cook; I only bogutht hose veges
> >and steaned them because that way, I won't have to do grocery shopping
> >for veges till my claas is over, i.e till X'Mas time.

> Humm, not sure I totally follow as you wont make the batch last til Xmas
> vacation unless I misunderstood the quantities.

I bought a lot of veges that I could get in asian market only; along
with that I also bought some I could get in regular store to save a
trip to the regular store. That area is not close to where I live.

> Freezing will help make it
> last (some things freeze really well) but it just wasnt enough, even for one
> person. Then again, I eat a high veggie diet.
>
> >I will send you an email and give you my other email address. About
> >the lady you mentioned. Right now, I won't have time to communicate.
> >May be later.

> No problem!

I did that already. Did you get it?

> > No one can add a life story in a query post or 2. I'm just waiting for
> > someone to call me on my spelling (evil grin).

> > Diagnosed with medium-high dyslexia age 7. Per records, 'sorry, but this
> > kid needs special ed and will never learn to read or write, remand to
> > special ed classes for duration of schooling years'. I was in 1st grade.
> > They were right that I have it, but wrong on how I would learn my way past
> > it. I do occasionally cause problems to folks where english came later in
> > life though due to my spelling. Thats the only reason I mentioned it in
> > the
> > thread. If I spell something so 'wierd' you can't figure it out, just ask
> > and don't be embarrassed about it as I'm not, nor will I be offended.

> Oh, and do *not* learn spelling from me! I have corresponded with many
> folks who have said my errors make me unreadable to them as 'english is a
> second language' but actually those folks were just being a pain in the ass
> (could read me fine, were wanting to start a fight and it was the ammo of
> choice).
>
> Generally my spelling is right but then you get these odd ones that I never
> get right and never notice. I literally do not 'see' that I am spelling
> some words different (or was that differnt? diferent? oh the hell with it
> 'not the same' ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 7, 6:19 am, "Ms P" > wrote:
> "amandaF" > wrote in message

> On Nov 6, 4:04 pm, "Ms P" > wrote:
>

> > "amandaF" > wrote in message

> > >You are more of a fool to assume that I set up to receive the posts
> > >from this group. I don't come here often enough if you care to pay a
> > >little attention. I have spent as much time as I have recently only
> > >because I decided to out the airheads in their place. This is me
> > >talking condesceningly. Don't like it? Then, don't read it.

> > You actually think anyone is keeping track of how often you come to the
> > group? You are waaaaaaaaaay dumber than you look.

> > Ms P
> >It's not necessary to keep track but anyone with decent brain function
> >on memory woudl ntoice those who are here more often than others.
> >Obviously, your memory is not at a decent level of functioning. Do
> >you also use calculator to add 2 and 2?

> I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt but this is the end of
> that

You were going to give me the benefit of the doubt by saying to me
'You are waaaaaaaaaay dumber than you look."?

> You are an obnoxious and rude snot.

Look yourself in the mirror to see that..

> Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael Kuettner" wrote
> "cshenk" schrieb :

>>> Gnocchi ? Fancy ?

>> Well, to *me* it's exotic and fancy! See, it's all relative. On the
>> other hand, there's probably stuff i think of as common place that you'd
>> think 'fancy'.
>>

> Well, I'll grant you exotic.

Yeah, my cookery probably falls more in the exotic (if not used to that sort
of food) than the true 'fancy'.

>> Do you think Pancit is 'fancy'? I've heard-tell others say that but to me
>> it's something the kids make at my house for fun. Suitable for a 6-10
>> year old to make (6YO needs help chopping but 10YO does it all
>> themselves).
>>

> No, over here it's exotic, but not fancy.

To me, it's real normal stuff.

> <snip>

>>> OK, you're weird ;-)

>> Dang, which one of us has the i and the e swapped there?

> You, I'm afraid.

OH NO! LOL! This is a classic symptom of dyslexia. So 'weird' must be an
exception to the 'I before E except after C' and I never noticed it before!
Once pointed out, I'll probably remember that one forever so thanks!

>> Dang. Both look right!
>> Heck with it. ;-)
>>

> Yep.

;-) One trait of dyslexia is repetitive mis-spelling of certain words and
never ever noticing it til someone points it out or something happens like
seing them right next to each other. I had to google it to see which of us
was right.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"amandaF" wrote
> "cshenk" wrote:

>> > The only crime, if it could be considered a crime, I committed was
>> > that when I am in a rush, I tend to ignore spelling, grammer, and

>> Ah, it's no biggie really. Folks here like to chat about cooking and not
>> all of us are all that careful always with spelling.

Have a nice laugh with me. I just found out I'd been spelling 'weird' wrong
all my life. I'll probably recall the right way now forever, but I might
backslip a few times.

>> >I am extremely pressed with time to cook; I only bogutht hose veges
>> >and steaned them because that way, I won't have to do grocery shopping
>> >for veges till my claas is over, i.e till X'Mas time.

>> Humm, not sure I totally follow as you wont make the batch last til Xmas
>> vacation unless I misunderstood the quantities.

> I bought a lot of veges that I could get in asian market only; along
> with that I also bought some I could get in regular store to save a
> trip to the regular store. That area is not close to where I live.

Yes, I can see how that might work. Not sure how to make them last long
though. I used to shop but once a month or even every 6 weeks. Ate many
canned or frozen goods and not so much fresh. I got out of that habit
though when the Tonoo open air market was right on my way home and in a
place were most folks shop at least twice a week (every other day or even
daily on the way home is common there in Sasebo). You buy very fresh small
amounts of things. This of course only works if there's a place to do that
at, and its quick and easy to get in and out.

I liked the change there, and have maintained some of it's habits here, but
it is not as easy. Not enough small 'Mom-n-Pop' stores along my normal
routes here. The local Asian Grocery though works as I have to drive right
by it every 2 weeks on the way back from the chiropracter. (I have
degenertative disc disease and have to see a chiropracter every 2 weeks).
So I'll get a week's worth of fresh stuff there as i pass by everytime.
It's a small enough store I can get in and get out in 5 mins for just a few
fresh things, or I can wander for 2 hours looking over all the goodies
tucked in the corners and plot recipes ;-)

>> >I will send you an email and give you my other email address. About
>> >the lady you mentioned. Right now, I won't have time to communicate.
>> >May be later.

>> No problem!

> I did that already. Did you get it?

Nope! But I notice when you reply to me your software mungs my address.
try that.

>> > thread. If I spell something so 'wierd' you can't figure it out, just
>> > ask
>> > and don't be embarrassed about it as I'm not, nor will I be offended.

>> Oh, and do *not* learn spelling from me! I have corresponded with many

>> Generally my spelling is right but then you get these odd ones that I
>> never
>> get right and never notice. I literally do not 'see' that I am spelling
>> some words different (or was that differnt? diferent? oh the hell with
>> it
>> 'not the same' ;-)

This is just classic! I was mis-spelling 'weird' above and didnt know it!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" schrieb :

>>> Well, to *me* it's exotic and fancy! See, it's all relative. On the other
>>> hand, there's probably stuff i think of as common place that you'd think
>>> 'fancy'.
>>>

>> Well, I'll grant you exotic.

> Yeah, my cookery probably falls more in the exotic (if not used to that sort
> of food) than the true 'fancy'.

Parts of my cookery, too; especially when the dish explodes, but that's
another story ;-)

<snip>

>>> Dang, which one of us has the i and the e swapped there?

>> You, I'm afraid.

> OH NO! LOL! This is a classic symptom of dyslexia. So 'weird' must be an
> exception to the 'I before E except after C' and I never noticed it before!
> Once pointed out, I'll probably remember that one forever so thanks!

You're welcome, but I didn't point it out.
Sometimes dyslexia can be dangerous.
There's the sad case of the dyslectic Satanist who sold his soul to Santa ...
;-)

>>> Dang. Both look right!
>>> Heck with it. ;-)
>>>

>> Yep.

> ;-) One trait of dyslexia is repetitive mis-spelling of certain words and
> never ever noticing it til someone points it out or something happens like
> seing them right next to each other. I had to google it to see which of us
> was right.

Since English isn't my first language and my spell-chucker is German,
I take extra care with my spledding ;-)

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 16:05:35 +0100, Michael Kuettner wrote:

> Since English isn't my first language and my spell-chucker is German,
> I take extra care with my spledding ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael Kuettner

you seem to me to do pretty well.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Kuettner wrote:
> You're welcome, but I didn't point it out.
> Sometimes dyslexia can be dangerous.
> There's the sad case of the dyslectic Satanist who sold his soul to Santa ...
> ;-)

Thanks for the giggle. LOL

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 09:11:29 -0600, Becca >
wrote:

>Michael Kuettner wrote:
>> You're welcome, but I didn't point it out.
>> Sometimes dyslexia can be dangerous.
>> There's the sad case of the dyslectic Satanist who sold his soul to Santa ...
>> ;-)
>>

>Thanks for the giggle. LOL
>
>Becca

Dyslectics untie!!

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/09
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"amandaF" wrote
>> "cshenk" wrote:

Hi AmandaF!

Here's some recipes to look over. It's just a few ideas to get an idea for
what you like and not yet the motherload catagory. You'll see notes under
each just for your adaptions when there is one needed.

The overall theme is to make extra of some items and freeze it so next time,
you just defrost some and use it. Done right, you end up cooking for about
1 hour a week on a weekend, and just defrost and reheat the rest of the
week.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Asparagus With Herbed Cheese on Toast
Categories: Appetizers, Snaks
Yield: 6 , servings

1 lb Fresh asparagus spears,
(18 large)
1/2 lb Vidalia onions, or other
sweet onion thickly sliced
1 c Part-skim ricotta cheese
2 tb fresh thyme, chopped
2 tb Fresh chives, chopped
2 tb fresh chervil, chopped
1 Loaf round sourdough
french bread
Vegetable cooking spray
1 tb Extra virgin olive oil
1/4 ts Salt
1/4 ts Pepper
Parsley sprigs

Snap off tough ends of asparagus; remove scales with a knife or
vegetable peeler, if desired. Drop asparagus and onion wedges into a
large saucepan of boiling water; cook 3 minutes. Drain and plunge
into ice water; drain well. Pat dry with a paper towel; set aside.
Combine ricotta cheese, fresh thyme, chives, and chervil in a bowl;
stir well, and set aside. Cut bread crosswise into 6 (1-inch-thick)
slices; reserve remaining bread for another use. Toast bread slices
in hot oven or under broiler until golden brown. Spread cheese
mixture evenly over bread and set aside. Heat non-stick skillet with
olive oil. Add onion, salt, and pepper; saute for 4 minutes or until
lightly browned. Add asparagus and heat. Top bread with onions and
asparagus. Place briefly under the broiler to heat. Serves 6.
Calories: 137; Fat: 7 grams.

MMMMM

Above is not timely for your needs but all hope isnt lost. The base freezes
fairly well and you make up a double batch then freeze it in what seems to
be individual servings in a ziplock baggie. When ready, thaw baggie then
cut the bread and proceed with the broiler phase. Can nuke the baggie to
warm first then use a toaster oven for the bread and top with the mix.
Also, if not too picky, I use canned asaparagus for this. Mushier that way
but we like it.

You don't have to use a fancy bread here but as I make my own in a
breadmaker, I select a french or italian sort and use that.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Watermelon Fire and Ice Salsa
Categories: Diabetic, Appetizers, Fruits
Yield: 6 Servings

3 c Chopped watermelon
1/2 c Green bell peppers, chopped
2 tb Lime juice
1 tb Chopped cilantro
1 tb Chopped green onion
1 tb Jalapeno peppers, chopped*
1/2 ts Garlic salt

* Use up to 2 TBS. chopped jalapenos, depending on taste.

Combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Serve on
sliced oranges or cheese-filled manicotti. Or, top 1 cup sour cream
with 1 cup salsa and serve with chips. PER SERVING: 1/2 cup =
calories ~ 31, protein - 1 g., fat - .4 g., carbohydrates - 7 g.,
cholesterol - 0, sodium - 156 mg. FROM: Light & Easy Meals from
Family Circle Magazine issue August 1992. NOTE: lower sodium figure
by using garlic powder in place of garlic salt and adding lite salt
to taste.

MMMMM

Forget all the fancy extra sourcream topping. Make the base minus the
watermelon (Omit cilantro if it tastes like soap to you, a genetic thing
that makes some of us hate it but others get a differnt taste). Get small
amounts of watermelon at the store (normally sold in wedges for single
people use). Get jarred jalapenos (easier for you and fine in this). Add
watermelon to mix about 1 hour before you want to eat. Will last in fridge
in a covered plastic dish for a day or so then develops liquid you can drain
out. Suggest make a full base, but use it in 2 servings adding watermelon
only 1 hour before serving. Works great on chips or oranges.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Hot and Sour Soup
Categories: Soups, Appetizers, Vegetarian
Yield: 6 Servings

8 Dried chinese mushrooms
8 c Vegetable stock
8 sl Ginger, peeled
1/2 Lime, peeled & sliced thin
4 tb Lime juice
1 tb Lemon juice
2 tb Soy sauce
2 Chilies
1 lb Firm tofu, cut into chunks
Cilantro, chopped

Rinse the mushrooms, put them in a small saucepan and cover with
water. Bring them to a boil on high heat and swish the mushrooms to
remove excess dirt. Discard the water. Rinse. Once again, cover the
mushrooms and bring them to a boil, covered. Let sit 1 hour. Then
drain, remove tough stems, squeeze out excess water and slice or cut
in half. Bring the stock to a boil in a large saucepan on high heat,
add the ginger and lime slices and cook for 2-3 minutes. Lower the
heat and add the lime and lemon juice, soy sauce and chilies. Simmer
for 5 minutes. Add tofu and mushrooms and simmer 5 more minutes.
Taste to check the balance of hot, sour and salt -- none should
overwhelm the other ~- and add more chilies, lime juice or soya sauce
as needed.

Serve garnished with chopped cilantro. Have a side dish of extra
sliced chilies for those who like it hot. Keeps a few days
refrigerated but it is best served fresh.

Jeanne Marie Martin, "Vegan Delights" Posted by Anne MacLellan

From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini

MMMMM

This recipe needs no adaption except to say Knorrs dry packet vegetable
stock works well here. Make a full recipe then freeze the excess in
individual serving amounts. Adaption possible though to reduce time. Soak
the dried shrooms in hot tap water for 30 mins, change water, then set in
the fridge and use these for a week in various recipes. One time saver is
to make extra of that dried mushroom for other recipes. Do it once, then
use them all week.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
Categories: Appetizers
Yield: 1 Servings

1 16oz pkg (2 C) dried
-Chickpeas, steamed
2 Egg whites (or 1/4 Egg
-Beaters)
1 pk Taco seasoning

Place Chickpeas & taco blend in a large bowl with a tight lid and
shake till Chickpeas are evenly coated.

Evenly distribute Chickpeas on a large cookie sheet sprayed with PAM

BAKE at 325 degrees for 1 hour - stirring occasionally

Store in covered container in the refrigerator

Posted by Jeanne Chappell > to Fatfree
From Fatfree Digest April-May 1994, Formatting by Sue Smith (using
MMCONV)

MMMMM

A slight missing direction but add the egg whites to the taco sauce pack
then roll the chickpeas in that. This one is a real easy and healthy snack.
Can just use one whole egg vice 2 egg whites. High in protein, low in fat.
Taco seasoning is among those packaged dry gravey and such isle where the
spices are.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Taco Rolls
Categories: Appetizers, Mexican, Cyberealm
Yield: 10 Rolls

1/2 lb Taco-seasoned ground beef
1 pk Frozen goya pastries (10)
Shredded cheese
Chopped green chiles
Oil

Place some beef, some cheese and some chiles in the center of each
pastry disc. Roll each disc, and pinch the ends closed with a fork.
Fry each roll in oil until golden brown.

Source: Donna Annazone, Entered in Meal Master format by Lisa Clarke
for Christmas Eve 1995

MMMMM

Adapt this one. Taco seasoned meat is those taco dry packets used in the
chickpea recipe but here, you add it to ground beef then cook the beef.
Forget the frozen goya pastries. Just make the meat up and add the chopped
chiles (the jarred Jalapenos from earlier recipe are fine). Freeze the
excess. I'd use 2 lbs ground beef and 2 packs of taco seasoning. I might
add some dehydrated onions and/or garlic powder. Defrost individual serving
as needed and heat in a microwave. Spread on pre-made soft flour tortillas,
add cheese if desired, and roll them up. Add up to 50% lettuce or nappa
cabbage to roll if desired.

Alternative is to make the base up, then use eggroll wrappers and make up a
big batch. Freeze extras without frying, then fry what you want at the time
of eating.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Baked Grapefruit
Categories: Fruits, Appetizers, Microwave
Yield: 4 Servings

2 md Grapefruit
4 ts Dark brown sugar
2 ts Butter or margarine
4 Maraschino cherries

1. Cut each grapefruit in half crosswise. Remove any pits and cut
around each section with a sharp knife. 2. Sprinkle each grapefruit
with 1 teaspoon sugar. 3. Dot each half with 1/2 teaspoon of butter.
Place grapefruit halves on a paper plate. 4. Heat, uncovered, in
Microwave Oven 4 minutes. 5. Garnish each half with a maraschino
cherry. 6. Serve hot.

From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini

MMMMM

Grin, I'd skip the cherries myself but you can get them in jars. Grapefruit
holds a long time in the fridge. You can just peel the grapefruit which is
easier and use any old microwavable dish (paper plate not required).

-------------

So, different but anything there appeal to you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> [...]

> Yield: 4 Servings
>
> 2 md Grapefruit
> 4 ts Dark brown sugar
> 2 ts Butter or margarine
> 4 Maraschino cherries
>
> 1. Cut each grapefruit in half crosswise. Remove any pits and cut
> around each section with a sharp knife. 2. Sprinkle each grapefruit
> with 1 teaspoon sugar. 3. Dot each half with 1/2 teaspoon of butter.
> Place grapefruit halves on a paper plate. 4. Heat, uncovered, in
> Microwave Oven 4 minutes. 5. Garnish each half with a maraschino
> cherry. 6. Serve hot.
>
> From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini
>
> MMMMM
>
> Grin, I'd skip the cherries myself but you can get them in jars.
> Grapefruit holds a long time in the fridge. You can just peel the
> grapefruit which is easier and use any old microwavable dish (paper plate

Another airhead. Can't you see that I dit rslly wont ny revipes? BLAH BLAH
BLAH.