FoodBanter.com

-   -   Feta stuffed chicken breast (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/163418-re-feta-stuffed-chicken.html)

Jeßus[_7_] 31-10-2008 07:57 PM

Feta stuffed chicken breast

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:57:40 +0000, AusWendy wrote:

> "D.P Burns" > wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I used to make fetta stuffed chicken breast wrapped in prosciutto. In
>> my old age I have forgotten what herb I used to mix with the fetta.
>>
>> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>>

> I've got 2 recipes for this dish. One uses oregano and one uses basil.
> Take your pick :)

A pesto would complement feta well perhaps?
I used to fill chicken breasts with pesto, then wrap in prosciutto.
Havent done that for a while... hmm.

Jewelbar 01-11-2008 10:41 AM

Feta stuffed chicken breast

Oh yum. I'm buying some breasts with skin on and am going to make a pesto
(or buy one if I cant be bothered), roast some pine nuts, stuff like crazy,
then I'll wrap the whole thing in prosciutto... Oh yum. Makes my mouth water
and my belly grumble just thinking about it!
What would you serve it with?
:0)
Jade.

Omelet[_7_] 01-11-2008 11:44 AM

Feta stuffed chicken breast

In article > ,
"Jewelbar" > wrote:

> Oh yum. I'm buying some breasts with skin on and am going to make a pesto
> (or buy one if I cant be bothered), roast some pine nuts, stuff like crazy,
> then I'll wrap the whole thing in prosciutto... Oh yum. Makes my mouth water
> and my belly grumble just thinking about it!
> What would you serve it with?
> :0)
> Jade.

A simple salad for something that elaborate!
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

Jeßus[_7_] 01-11-2008 09:54 PM

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 20:41:52 +1000, Jewelbar wrote:

> "Jeßus" > wrote in message

>>> I've got 2 recipes for this dish. One uses oregano and one uses
>>> basil. Take your pick :)

>> A pesto would complement feta well perhaps? I used to fill chicken
>> breasts with pesto, then wrap in prosciutto. Haven't done that for a
>> while... hmm.

> Oh yum. I'm buying some breasts with skin on and am going to make a
> pesto (or buy one if I cant be bothered), roast some pine nuts, stuff
> like crazy, then I'll wrap the whole thing in prosciutto... Oh yum.
> Makes my mouth water and my belly grumble just thinking about it! What
> would you serve it with?

As Omelet has already mentioned, a salad goes nicely. Or perhaps some
veggies. I have a sudden craving for asparagus - I reckon that would go
nicely... :)

I've never tried leaving the skin on, but once the prosciutto is wrapped
around the breast, it stays together really well so it should still be
okay.

Good luck