FoodBanter.com

-   -   Bird Eating Spider? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/163396-bird-eating-spider.html)

merryb 30-10-2008 11:24 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

Any of you see this? It's all over the news-I can't believe spiders
could get that big. I bet they have a tough time finding stuff strong
enough to build their webs from. Happy Halloween!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=655741

cybercat 30-10-2008 11:30 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

"merryb" > wrote in message
> Any of you see this? It's all over the news-I can't believe spiders
> could get that big. I bet they have a tough time finding stuff strong
> enough to build their webs from. Happy Halloween!
>
> http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=655741

He's an Australian spider, is why.

On a happier note:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/polardog.asp

Golden One 31-10-2008 01:24 AM

Bird Eating Spider?

On Oct 31, 8:24*am, merryb > wrote:
> Any of you see this? It's all over the news-I can't believe spiders
> could get that big. I bet they have a tough time finding stuff strong
> enough to build their webs from. Happy Halloween!
>
> http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=655741

Spiders do not find stuff to make their webs from, they produce the
web from a spinnaret in the end of their abdomen.

JB

PeterLucas[_5_] 31-10-2008 01:27 AM

Bird Eating Spider?

merryb > wrote in news:bc2fe3ba-337c-4b28-9b80-9eda6afa17b4
@b38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

> Any of you see this? It's all over the news-I can't believe spiders
> could get that big.

That's usual for a bird eater.

Wait till you're walking through the bush of a night, walk between two
trees that are about 8-10' apart, and walk straight through one of their
webs!!

And then 20secs later feel 8 legs crawling over your head!!

And you're not allowed to make any noise :-)

> I bet they have a tough time finding stuff strong
> enough to build their webs from. Happy Halloween!

The 'stuff' they need to build their webs comes out of their bum.

This spiders web was about 3' across.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?

merryb 31-10-2008 01:43 AM

Bird Eating Spider?

On Oct 30, 6:24*pm, Golden One > wrote:
> On Oct 31, 8:24*am, merryb > wrote:
>
> > Any of you see this? It's all over the news-I can't believe spiders
> > could get that big. I bet they have a tough time finding stuff strong
> > enough to build their webs from. Happy Halloween!

> >http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=655741

> Spiders do not find stuff to make their webs from, they produce the
> web from a spinnaret in the end of their abdomen.
>
> JB

I'm sorry- I meant stuff to hang their webs from...

merryb 31-10-2008 01:47 AM

Bird Eating Spider?

On Oct 30, 6:27*pm, PeterLucas > wrote:
> merryb > wrote in news:bc2fe3ba-337c-4b28-9b80-9eda6afa17b4
> @b38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Any of you see this? It's all over the news-I can't believe spiders
> > could get that big.

> That's usual for a bird eater.
>
> Wait till you're walking through the bush of a night, walk between two
> trees that are about 8-10' apart, and walk straight through one of their
> webs!!
>
> And then 20secs later feel 8 legs crawling over your head!!
>
> And you're not allowed to make any noise :-)
>
> > I bet they have a tough time finding stuff strong
> > enough to build their webs from. Happy Halloween!

> The 'stuff' they need to build their webs comes out of their bum.
>
> This spiders web was about 3' across.
>
> --
> Peter Lucas * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> Brisbane * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> Australia * * *
>
> If we are not meant to eat animals,
> why are they made of meat?

No fair!!! I used to live in CA as a kid- when I moved here to WA, my
ideas of spiders totally changed...maybe with all the rain here, they
swell up? Nothing worse than walking face first into a big sticky
web...well, I'm sure there are others, but YIKES- I hate big spiders!

PeterLucas[_5_] 31-10-2008 02:00 AM

Bird Eating Spider?

merryb > wrote in
:

> No fair!!! I used to live in CA as a kid- when I moved here to WA, my
> ideas of spiders totally changed...maybe with all the rain here, they
> swell up? Nothing worse than walking face first into a big sticky
> web...well, I'm sure there are others, but YIKES- I hate big spiders!

As a young 'Digger', I soon learnt to avoid going between trees that were
any closer together than about 10'..... especially of a night-time.

sylvania 31-10-2008 02:21 AM

Bird Eating Spider?

"PeterLucas" > wrote in message
.25...
> merryb > wrote in
> :
>

>> No fair!!! I used to live in CA as a kid- when I moved here to WA, my
>> ideas of spiders totally changed...maybe with all the rain here, they
>> swell up? Nothing worse than walking face first into a big sticky
>> web...well, I'm sure there are others, but YIKES- I hate big spiders!
>>

> As a young 'Digger', I soon learnt to avoid going between trees that were
> any closer together than about 10'..... especially of a night-time.

Grave digger?

merryb 31-10-2008 04:04 AM

Bird Eating Spider?

On Oct 30, 7:00*pm, PeterLucas > wrote:
> merryb > wrote :
>

> > No fair!!! I used to live in CA as a kid- when I moved here to WA, my
> > ideas of spiders totally changed...maybe with all the rain here, they
> > swell up? Nothing worse than walking face first into a big sticky
> > web...well, I'm sure there are others, but YIKES- I hate big spiders!

> As a young 'Digger', I soon learnt to avoid going between trees that were
> any closer together than about 10'..... especially of a night-time.
>
> --
> Peter Lucas * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> Brisbane * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> Australia * * *
>
> If we are not meant to eat animals,
> why are they made of meat?

I'm sure it only took once or twice...

PeterLucas[_5_] 31-10-2008 04:06 AM

Bird Eating Spider?

merryb > wrote in
:

> On Oct 30, 7:00*pm, PeterLucas > wrote:
>> merryb > wrote
>> innews:ef7c2b6e-780b-4336-9982-27b85c6da9c

> :
>>

>> > No fair!!! I used to live in CA as a kid- when I moved here to WA,
>> > my ideas of spiders totally changed...maybe with all the rain here,
>> > they swell up? Nothing worse than walking face first into a big
>> > sticky web...well, I'm sure there are others, but YIKES- I hate big
>> > spiders!

>> As a young 'Digger', I soon learnt to avoid going between trees that
>> were any closer together than about 10'..... especially of a
>> night-time.
>>

> I'm sure it only took once or twice...

Once....after feeling those legs crawling all over my neck and
head........ NEVER AGAIN!!! :-)

devoid[_2_] 31-10-2008 01:12 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

On Oct 31, 12:06 am, PeterLucas > wrote:
> merryb > wrote :
>

> > On Oct 30, 7:00 pm, PeterLucas > wrote:
> >> merryb > wrote
> >> innews:ef7c2b6e-780b-4336-9982-27b85c6da9c

> > :

> >> As a young 'Digger', I soon learnt to avoid going between trees that
> >> were any closer together than about 10'..... especially of a
> >> night-time.

> > I'm sure it only took once or twice...

> Once....after feeling those legs crawling all over my neck and
> head........ NEVER AGAIN!!! :-)
>
> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia
>
> If we are not meant to eat animals,
> why are they made of meat?

In the Nam they were a way of knowing when someone had been there
before

Phred 31-10-2008 01:20 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

In article >, "sylvania" > wrote:

>"PeterLucas" > wrote in message
0.25...
>> merryb > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> No fair!!! I used to live in CA as a kid- when I moved here to WA, my
>>> ideas of spiders totally changed...maybe with all the rain here, they
>>> swell up? Nothing worse than walking face first into a big sticky
>>> web...well, I'm sure there are others, but YIKES- I hate big spiders!

>> As a young 'Digger', I soon learnt to avoid going between trees that were
>> any closer together than about 10'..... especially of a night-time.

>Grave digger?

Nah... Pete's the life of the party.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

blake murphy[_2_] 31-10-2008 03:23 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 04:06:43 +0000 (UTC), PeterLucas wrote:

> merryb > wrote in
> :
>
>> On Oct 30, 7:00*pm, PeterLucas > wrote:
>>> merryb > wrote
>>> innews:ef7c2b6e-780b-4336-9982-27b85c6da9c

>> :

>>> As a young 'Digger', I soon learnt to avoid going between trees that
>>> were any closer together than about 10'..... especially of a
>>> night-time.
>>>

>> I'm sure it only took once or twice...
>>

> Once....after feeling those legs crawling all over my neck and
> head........ NEVER AGAIN!!! :-)

i thought you were a he-man.

blake

merryb 31-10-2008 03:55 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

On Oct 31, 9:27*am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
>

> " > wrote:
> > On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:24:06 -0700 (PDT), merryb > wrote:

> > >Any of you see this? It's all over the news-I can't believe spiders
> > >could get that big. I bet they have a tough time finding stuff strong
> > >enough to build their webs from. Happy Halloween!

> > >http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=655741

> > Reminds me of something that happened in Viet-Nam in 1969. We were taking a
> > break near
> > a cane hedgerow when somebody noticed a monster web ( about 12 feet across)
> > between
> > two segments of cane. The spider in the center was more than a foot across
> > the
> > outspread legs. We cut off a piece of cane and teased the spider into
> > dropping from
> > the web. Using the piece of cane to catch the strand the spider was dropping
> > from we
> > set it down in front of one of the guy's pet monkey. ( Thought it would scare
> > the
> > monkey.) It surprised the hell out of us by running up to the spider,
> > grabbing it by
> > bunching up the legs near the body and eating it. *SERIOUS Yukk.

> > Never did find out what kind of spider it was. But it looked sort of like
> > this one.

> We have some large native spiders here commonly referred to as "Banana
> spiders". *They are only maybe an inch or two long, but they spin some
> HUGE webs. *I've personally seen them anywhere from 1 to 2 meters in
> width.
>
> Many people (including myself) often feed them just for fun and
> encourage their presence in the garden as they are excellent predators:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEZg4HC4AXo
>
> Back when we used to do regular wildlife rescue volunteer work, I was
> called out to pick up an injured nighthawk. *Turns out the poor bird was
> simply exhausted and tangled in spider webbing! *I cleaned her off and
> let her rest for a day, then took her back out where she was found and
> set her free. :-)
>
> My heart soared into the air with her...
>
> http://birdweb.org/birdweb/bird_details.aspx?id=255
>
> Night hawks can be difficult due to their dietary requirements. They are
> purely insect eaters and eat on the wing scooping insects out of the air
> with a large gape, so they have to be force fed in rehab. I was relieved
> her case was so simple!
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> "Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama- Hide quoted text -

We have Wolf Spiders- I've seen one that was probably 3 inches
across...ever see a camel spider? Uggggg.......

Omelet[_7_] 31-10-2008 04:27 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

Omelet[_7_] 31-10-2008 04:48 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 04:06:43 +0000 (UTC), PeterLucas wrote:
>
> > merryb > wrote in
> > :

> >> :

> >> I'm sure it only took once or twice...
> >>

> > Once....after feeling those legs crawling all over my neck and
> > head........ NEVER AGAIN!!! :-)

> i thought you were a he-man.
>
> blake

I've seen many a manly man turn into a screaming girly man when spiders
were involved. <g>

Snakes too.

merryb 31-10-2008 05:03 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

On Oct 31, 10:58*am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *merryb > wrote:
> > We have Wolf Spiders- I've seen one that was probably 3 inches
> > across...ever see a camel spider? Uggggg.......

> Evidently I haven't. *As a general rule, I like and protect spiders, but
> find no joy in walking thru webs at night. <g> *I don't like them
> scrabbling around on my neck and shoulders either!
>
> <shudders>
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> "Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

Try googling an image....

merryb 31-10-2008 05:32 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

On Oct 31, 11:11*am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>

> *merryb > wrote:
> > On Oct 31, 10:58*am, Omelet > wrote:
> > > In article

> > > Evidently I haven't. *As a general rule, I like and protect spiders, but
> > > find no joy in walking thru webs at night. <g> *I don't like them
> > > scrabbling around on my neck and shoulders either!

> > > <shudders>
> > > --
> > > Peace! Om

> > > "Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity
> > > cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

> > Try googling an image....

> Some of those came up as jumping spiders.
> They don't spin webs. They are active hunters. :-)
>
> I encourage those.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> "Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama- Hide quoted text -

I would NEVER encourage anything of that size!!

Omelet[_7_] 31-10-2008 05:58 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

In article

Omelet[_7_] 31-10-2008 06:11 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

In article

cybercat 31-10-2008 07:05 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

"merryb" > wrote
>We have Wolf Spiders- I've seen one that was probably 3 inches

across...

What is frightening is how fast they move AND how big they are.

notbob 31-10-2008 07:22 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

On 2008-10-31, cybercat > wrote:

> What is frightening is how fast they move AND how big they are.

perfect size for target practic.........

Omelet[_7_] 31-10-2008 07:27 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

In article
merryb > wrote:

> I would NEVER encourage anything of that size!!

<lol> They are small at only 1" max. :-)

Lou Decruss[_2_] 31-10-2008 07:55 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:55:07 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
wrote:

>We have Wolf Spiders- I've seen one that was probably 3 inches
>across...ever see a camel spider? Uggggg.......

To keep this On topic, Louise was out gathering berries and ran across
this one. It's pretty big for central Illinois. I have no clue what
kind it is.

http://i38.tinypic.com/2805wkp.jpg

Lou

Pennyaline[_7_] 31-10-2008 09:39 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

merryb wrote:
> Any of you see this? It's all over the news-I can't believe spiders
> could get that big. I bet they have a tough time finding stuff strong
> enough to build their webs from. Happy Halloween!
>
> http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=655741

When I first saw the subject of this thread, I thought it might be one
of those great typos a la "Police Help Dog Bite Victim." I mean, what's
so great about a bird eating a spider, right?

Glad I read the thread and saw the pics. Damn, you got some monster
arachnids down there!

Omelet[_7_] 01-11-2008 02:34 AM

Bird Eating Spider?

In article >,
Lou Decruss > wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:55:07 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
> wrote:
>
> >We have Wolf Spiders- I've seen one that was probably 3 inches
> >across...ever see a camel spider? Uggggg.......

> To keep this On topic, Louise was out gathering berries and ran across
> this one. It's pretty big for central Illinois. I have no clue what
> kind it is.
>
> http://i38.tinypic.com/2805wkp.jpg
>
> Lou

Banana spider.

[email protected] 01-11-2008 03:43 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 14:55:21 -0500, Lou Decruss > wrote:

>On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:55:07 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
>wrote:
>
>>We have Wolf Spiders- I've seen one that was probably 3 inches
>>across...ever see a camel spider? Uggggg.......

>To keep this On topic, Louise was out gathering berries and ran across
>this one. It's pretty big for central Illinois. I have no clue what
>kind it is.
>
>http://i38.tinypic.com/2805wkp.jpg
>
>Lou

Argiope, common garden spider, Golden Orb Weaver.

cybercat 01-11-2008 03:46 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

> wrote
> Argiope, common garden spider, Golden Orb Weaver.

These are beautiful. We get them this time of year.

merryb 01-11-2008 09:10 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

On Oct 31, 12:55*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:55:07 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
> wrote:
>
> >We have Wolf Spiders- I've seen one that was probably 3 inches
> >across...ever see a camel spider? Uggggg.......

> To keep this On topic, Louise was out gathering berries and ran across
> this one. *It's pretty big for central Illinois. *I have no clue what
> kind it is.
>
> http://i38.tinypic.com/2805wkp.jpg
>
> Lou

Yikes!

PeterLucas[_5_] 02-11-2008 05:18 AM

Bird Eating Spider?

Omelet > wrote in
:

> I've seen many a manly man turn into a screaming girly man when
> spiders were involved. <g>
>
> Snakes too.

Yep, something about getting bitten by both (at seperate times!!) and
ending up *very* sick from the spider, and even sicker from the snake......
tends to make one a tad wary of the little critters.

The only good snake, is a dead snake.

The last one to go to snake heaven was a red bellied black that decided it
was going to have a go at me at 2am one morning when I walked into the room
it was in.
I was in bare feet. It must've thought I was an easy mark because I was
carrying my boots in my hands. First boot knocked it stupid, second boot
finished the 'fight' :-)

PeterLucas[_5_] 02-11-2008 07:23 AM

Bird Eating Spider?

Omelet > wrote in
:

>> The only good snake, is a dead snake.

> Now now Peter, you _do_ know there are snake eating snakes? :-) They
> are non-venemous and eat the bad ones!

Haven't seen any of them over here.

>> The last one to go to snake heaven was a red bellied black that
>> decided it was going to have a go at me at 2am one morning when I
>> walked into the room it was in.
>> I was in bare feet. It must've thought I was an easy mark because I
>> was carrying my boots in my hands. First boot knocked it stupid,
>> second boot finished the 'fight' :-)

> <sigh>

Red Bellied Blacks are *very* aggressive. When you have one of them
sitting up hissing and trying to strike at you, and it's between you and
where you have to be *in a hurry*.... well, there's plenty of snakes
around. One less isn't going to deplete the population.

BTW, a little known fact. Red Bellied Black babies are as venemous (and
deadly) as their parents from the moment they are born.

Omelet[_7_] 02-11-2008 08:17 AM

Bird Eating Spider?

In article > ,
PeterLucas > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote in
> :
>

> > I've seen many a manly man turn into a screaming girly man when
> > spiders were involved. <g>
> >
> > Snakes too.

> Yep, something about getting bitten by both (at seperate times!!) and
> ending up *very* sick from the spider, and even sicker from the snake......
> tends to make one a tad wary of the little critters.
>
> The only good snake, is a dead snake.

Now now Peter, you _do_ know there are snake eating snakes? :-) They
are non-venemous and eat the bad ones!

> The last one to go to snake heaven was a red bellied black that decided it
> was going to have a go at me at 2am one morning when I walked into the room
> it was in.
> I was in bare feet. It must've thought I was an easy mark because I was
> carrying my boots in my hands. First boot knocked it stupid, second boot
> finished the 'fight' :-)

<sigh>

Omelet[_7_] 02-11-2008 08:42 AM

Bird Eating Spider?

In article > ,
PeterLucas > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote in
> :
>

> >> The only good snake, is a dead snake.

> > Now now Peter, you _do_ know there are snake eating snakes? :-) They
> > are non-venemous and eat the bad ones!

> Haven't seen any of them over here.0

We have kingsnakes, milksnakes, and hognose just to name three off the
top of my head.

> >> The last one to go to snake heaven was a red bellied black that
> >> decided it was going to have a go at me at 2am one morning when I
> >> walked into the room it was in.
> >> I was in bare feet. It must've thought I was an easy mark because I
> >> was carrying my boots in my hands. First boot knocked it stupid,
> >> second boot finished the 'fight' :-)

> > <sigh>

> Red Bellied Blacks are *very* aggressive. When you have one of them
> sitting up hissing and trying to strike at you, and it's between you and
> where you have to be *in a hurry*.... well, there's plenty of snakes
> around. One less isn't going to deplete the population.

Ok. I DO understand if it was a venomous one! I'm not studied up on
Australian snakes. Just American ones.

blake murphy[_2_] 02-11-2008 05:16 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 05:18:41 +0000 (UTC), PeterLucas wrote:

> Omelet > wrote in
> :
>

>> I've seen many a manly man turn into a screaming girly man when
>> spiders were involved. <g>
>>
>> Snakes too.

> Yep, something about getting bitten by both (at seperate times!!) and
> ending up *very* sick from the spider, and even sicker from the snake......
> tends to make one a tad wary of the little critters.
>
> The only good snake, is a dead snake.
>
> The last one to go to snake heaven was a red bellied black that decided it
> was going to have a go at me at 2am one morning when I walked into the room
> it was in.
> I was in bare feet. It must've thought I was an easy mark because I was
> carrying my boots in my hands. First boot knocked it stupid, second boot
> finished the 'fight' :-)

you didn't strangle it with your bare hands? again, i thought you were a
he-man.

blake

Yeff 04-11-2008 04:30 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 02:21:32 GMT, sylvania wrote:

>> As a young 'Digger', I soon learnt to avoid going between trees that were
>> any closer together than about 10'..... especially of a night-time.

> Grave digger?

Soldier in the Australian Army. Slang.

--

-Jeff B.

"Excuse me.
I don't mean to impose,
but I am the Ocean."

~ The Salton Sea

PeterLucas[_5_] 04-11-2008 10:13 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

Yeff > wrote in
:

> On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 02:21:32 GMT, sylvania wrote:
>
>>> As a young 'Digger', I soon learnt to avoid going between trees that
>>> were any closer together than about 10'..... especially of a
>>> night-time.

>> Grave digger?

> Soldier in the Australian Army. Slang.

"sylvania" is an illegal immigrant new zealander, living in Melbourne. It's
real name is bevan kirkland. It knows what a 'digger' is.

It's just playing at being a pathetic stalker.

I'd say killfile it, but it's one of those pathetic creatures that keeps
changing it's identity to evade peoples killfiles.

Omelet[_7_] 05-11-2008 08:36 AM

Bird Eating Spider?

In article > ,
PeterLucas > wrote:

> Yeff > wrote in
> :

> >> Grave digger?

> > Soldier in the Australian Army. Slang.
> >

> "sylvania" is an illegal immigrant new zealander, living in Melbourne. It's
> real name is bevan kirkland. It knows what a 'digger' is.
>
> It's just playing at being a pathetic stalker.
>
> I'd say killfile it, but it's one of those pathetic creatures that keeps
> changing it's identity to evade peoples killfiles.

There are ways to circumvent that. Just takes a little effort.

It currently resides in my killfiles. It's stinking them up something
fierce! :-P

PeterLucas[_5_] 05-11-2008 01:39 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

Omelet > wrote in
:

>> "sylvania" is an illegal immigrant new zealander, living in
>> Melbourne. It's real name is bevan kirkland. It knows what a 'digger'
>> is.
>>
>> It's just playing at being a pathetic stalker.
>>
>> I'd say killfile it, but it's one of those pathetic creatures that
>> keeps changing it's identity to evade peoples killfiles.

> There are ways to circumvent that. Just takes a little effort.
>
> It currently resides in my killfiles. It's stinking them up something
> fierce! :-P

Yeah well...... I see it's many incarnations and ignore it. But you do
have to wonder at the mental state of anyone who goes to those lengths
to try and make people read what they post. They must lead very sad,
very lonely, lives.

But......... on the subject of stinking......... had a *fantastic*
cheese the other night.

A 1792.

http://www.brunyislandcheese.com.au/cheeses.php

It smells like........ well........ how can I say this nicely??

It smells like a rotting crotch.

But the taste!!! Sublime, smooth, creamy....... and not a hint of rotty
crotch in the mouth!!

Omelet[_7_] 05-11-2008 01:46 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

In article > ,
PeterLucas > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote in
> :
>

> >> "sylvania" is an illegal immigrant new zealander, living in
> >> Melbourne. It's real name is bevan kirkland. It knows what a 'digger'
> >> is.
> >>
> >> It's just playing at being a pathetic stalker.
> >>
> >> I'd say killfile it, but it's one of those pathetic creatures that
> >> keeps changing it's identity to evade peoples killfiles.

> > There are ways to circumvent that. Just takes a little effort.
> >
> > It currently resides in my killfiles. It's stinking them up something
> > fierce! :-P

> Yeah well...... I see it's many incarnations and ignore it. But you do
> have to wonder at the mental state of anyone who goes to those lengths
> to try and make people read what they post. They must lead very sad,
> very lonely, lives.

Well, I can't really talk as I've done it on occasion, but generally for
no more than 2 or 3 days. <g> Then I get bored and decide it's not worth
it. Sometimes it's fun to f*** with people, but I don't get obsessed by
it.

> But......... on the subject of stinking......... had a *fantastic*
> cheese the other night.
>
> A 1792.
>
> http://www.brunyislandcheese.com.au/cheeses.php
>
> It smells like........ well........ how can I say this nicely??
>
> It smells like a rotting crotch.
>
> But the taste!!! Sublime, smooth, creamy....... and not a hint of rotty
> crotch in the mouth!!

Whatever... That's real incentive to try it. <g> NOT!
But then, I've never been a fan of limburger either!

I prefer Brie. Does not smell that good either, but tastes divine.

PeterLucas[_5_] 05-11-2008 02:16 PM

Bird Eating Spider?

Omelet > wrote in news:ompomelet-
:

>> Yeah well...... I see it's many incarnations and ignore it. But you

do
>> have to wonder at the mental state of anyone who goes to those

lengths
>> to try and make people read what they post. They must lead very sad,
>> very lonely, lives.

> Well, I can't really talk as I've done it on occasion, but generally

for
> no more than 2 or 3 days. <g> Then I get bored and decide it's not

worth
> it. Sometimes it's fun to f*** with people, but I don't get obsessed

by
> it.

If I'm going to phuck with people, I do it with my name to it.

Something I've always said..... I put my name to *everything* I post, I
don't hide behind a false name, or do the X-No-Archive thing, because I
back everything I say.

For the people who desperately feel the need to have an anonymous ID,
and X-no-archive everything they post.......... they are the ones living
a complete lie. Scared that something will come back later and bite them
in the arse....... or that someone will actually find out who, and what,
they really are. Meet them in the street and they'll be scared little
fraidy cats..... but put them in front of a screen and a firewall, and
they're 'men/women of the world', and not scared of anything, and they
are all so knowledgable.......... because as we all know, GIYF.

>> But......... on the subject of stinking......... had a *fantastic*
>> cheese the other night.
>>
>> A 1792.

http://www.brunyislandcheese.com.au/cheeses.php

>> It smells like........ well........ how can I say this nicely??
>>
>> It smells like a rotting crotch.
>>
>> But the taste!!! Sublime, smooth, creamy....... and not a hint of

rotty
>> crotch in the mouth!!

> Whatever... That's real incentive to try it. <g> NOT!

Several people at the party the other night smelt it and nearly
heaved....... so I conducted a little experiment.

Blindfolds.

They tasted it without looking at it, or spending too long smelling it,
and were won over.

It's all psychological.

> But then, I've never been a fan of limburger either!

Never tried it, but I'd like to.

I don't like Stilton, or Roquefort(?).

As the SO said during our Blue Cheese making course, when we had to try
all these different 'commercial' blues........ they leave a metallic
taste in the mouth.

Nicks Blue's don't.

> I prefer Brie. Does not smell that good either, but tastes divine.

Try a Double, or Triple, Brie, and let it warm to room temp.........
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :-)

Don't know about your Brie's, but ours don't smell.