Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My mother is in the hospital (OT)

Just for tests, not a medical emergency. Her doctor wants her to have some
tests.

I thank you all for your well wishes while I've helped take care of her.
She asked me what I was going to have for dinner. I haven't even thought
about dinner. She was teasing me, "You're allowed to have anything in the
refrigerator you'd like." Great, considering I shopped for and cooked all
of it. LOL

I'll know more tomorrow.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Just for tests, not a medical emergency. Her doctor wants her to have
> some tests.
>
> I thank you all for your well wishes while I've helped take care of her.
> She asked me what I was going to have for dinner. I haven't even
> thought about dinner. She was teasing me, "You're allowed to have
> anything in the refrigerator you'd like." Great, considering I shopped
> for and cooked all of it. LOL
>
> I'll know more tomorrow.
>
> Jill

I hope that your Mother's tests all come out without any surprises. You
do not need any more heartaches.

Hugs and good wishes to you and your Mother, Margaret
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Just for tests, not a medical emergency. Her doctor wants her to have
> some tests.
>
> I thank you all for your well wishes while I've helped take care of her.
> She asked me what I was going to have for dinner. I haven't even
> thought about dinner. She was teasing me, "You're allowed to have
> anything in the refrigerator you'd like." Great, considering I shopped
> for and cooked all of it. LOL
>
> I'll know more tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that Jill. I hope that everything goes well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Just for tests, not a medical emergency. Her doctor wants her to have some
> tests.
>
> I thank you all for your well wishes while I've helped take care of her.
> She asked me what I was going to have for dinner. I haven't even thought
> about dinner. She was teasing me, "You're allowed to have anything in the
> refrigerator you'd like." Great, considering I shopped for and cooked all
> of it. LOL
>
> I'll know more tomorrow.
>
> Jill

Good wishes for her and you!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Just for tests, not a medical emergency. Her doctor wants her to have some
> tests.
>
> I thank you all for your well wishes while I've helped take care of her.
> She asked me what I was going to have for dinner. I haven't even thought
> about dinner. She was teasing me, "You're allowed to have anything in the
> refrigerator you'd like." Great, considering I shopped for and cooked all
> of it. LOL
>
> I'll know more tomorrow.
>
> Jill

Too many people in the hospital around here.

Best wishes to get well soon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 29 Oct 2008 03:56:20p, jmcquown told us...

> Just for tests, not a medical emergency. Her doctor wants her to have
> some tests.
>
> I thank you all for your well wishes while I've helped take care of her.
> She asked me what I was going to have for dinner. I haven't even
> thought about dinner. She was teasing me, "You're allowed to have
> anything in the refrigerator you'd like." Great, considering I shopped
> for and cooked all of it. LOL
>
> I'll know more tomorrow.
>
> Jill

Jill, best wishes for all good results!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Wednesday, 10(X)/29(XXIX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
1wks 5dys 5hrs 38mins
Version Rule: Version 1.0 was smaller
and faster.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 29, 6:56�pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> Just for tests, not a medical emergency. �Her doctor wants her to have some
> tests.
>
> I thank you all for your well wishes while I've helped take care of her.
> She asked me what I was going to have for dinner. �I haven't even thought
> about dinner. �She was teasing me, "You're allowed to have anything in the
> refrigerator you'd like." �Great, considering I shopped for and cooked all
> of it. �LOL
>
> I'll know more tomorrow.
>
> Jill

What kind of tests?

I think you should give yourself a treat and go out to eat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Just for tests, not a medical emergency. Her doctor wants her to have
> some tests.
>
> I thank you all for your well wishes while I've helped take care of her.
> She asked me what I was going to have for dinner. I haven't even thought
> about dinner. She was teasing me, "You're allowed to have anything in the
> refrigerator you'd like." Great, considering I shopped for and cooked all
> of it. LOL
>
> I'll know more tomorrow.
>
> Jill

Hope it goes well. Post her phone number and we'll call her.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Just for tests, not a medical emergency. Her doctor wants her to
> have some tests.
>
> I thank you all for your well wishes while I've helped take care of
> her. She asked me what I was going to have for dinner. I haven't
> even thought about dinner. She was teasing me, "You're allowed to
> have anything in the refrigerator you'd like." Great, considering I
> shopped for and cooked all of it. LOL
>
> I'll know more tomorrow.
>
> Jill

Good luck!

--
Dan Goodman
..sig under reconstruction
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> On Oct 29, 6:56�pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> Just for tests, not a medical emergency. �Her doctor wants her to
>> have some tests.
>>
>> I thank you all for your well wishes while I've helped take care of
>> her. She asked me what I was going to have for dinner. �I haven't
>> even thought about dinner. �She was teasing me, "You're allowed to
>> have anything in the refrigerator you'd like." �Great, considering I
>> shopped for and cooked all of it. �LOL
>>
>> I'll know more tomorrow.
>>

> What kind of tests?

The doctor is concerned she may have had some "pinprick" strokes. This
could explain her cognitive difficulties as well as more trouble walking
lately. They're going to do a brain scan (whatever you call that thing) and
whatever other tests are needed to try to figure things out.

> I think you should give yourself a treat and go out to eat.

Yeah, maybe I'll stop somewhere for lunch tomorrow on my way back from the
hospital. She just called; they finally got her into a room. It took hours
and hours for them to get her out of the ER and into a bed. It's a good
hospital, though. I was there myself not so long ago.

Thanks for asking.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> Just for tests, not a medical emergency. Her doctor wants her to
>> have some tests.
>>
>> I thank you all for your well wishes while I've helped take care of
>> her. She asked me what I was going to have for dinner. I haven't
>> even thought about dinner. She was teasing me, "You're allowed to
>> have anything in the refrigerator you'd like." Great, considering I
>> shopped for and cooked all of it. LOL
>>
>> I'll know more tomorrow.
>>
>> Jill

> Hope it goes well. Post her phone number and we'll call her.

ROFL! You figure it out. Then let me know.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 18:56:20 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>Just for tests, not a medical emergency. Her doctor wants her to have some
>tests.
>
>I thank you all for your well wishes while I've helped take care of her.
>She asked me what I was going to have for dinner. I haven't even thought
>about dinner. She was teasing me, "You're allowed to have anything in the
>refrigerator you'd like." Great, considering I shopped for and cooked all
>of it. LOL
>
>I'll know more tomorrow.
>
>Jill

Best wishes to you and your mom. I hope all is well.

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 10/26
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 18:56:20 -0400, "jmcquown" >
fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>I'll know more tomorrow.

Keep us posted, girl. Happy thoughts beamed your way.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"Some weasel took the cork out of my lunch!"

-- W.C. Fields

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown > wrote:

> They're going to do a brain scan (whatever you call that thing)

Even I know it's called an MRI or CT Scan.

Hrmmm.... <scratching head>

I'm sorry. I... must.... resist....

I've promised to be on my best behavior this week
no matter who tries to trump who.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> Hope it goes well. Post her phone number and we'll call her.

<SNORK!>

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 22:38:32 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> They're going to do a brain scan (whatever you call that thing)

>Even I know it's called an MRI or CT Scan.

Uh, those are two separate things. And there are also head
ultrasounds. Could be any one of those 3 things.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney > wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 22:38:32 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>jmcquown > wrote:
>>
>>> They're going to do a brain scan (whatever you call that thing)

>>Even I know it's called an MRI or CT Scan.

> Uh, those are two separate things.

Uh, that's why I used the word "or". Uhhhh.

Do I need one of either of those if I say "uhhh" to often?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 22:38:32 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>> jmcquown > wrote:
>>
>>> They're going to do a brain scan (whatever you call that thing)

>> Even I know it's called an MRI or CT Scan.

> Uh, those are two separate things. And there are also head
> ultrasounds. Could be any one of those 3 things.
>
> Christine

Right! I think it's a CT they're going to do but who the hell can keep up
with medical terms with everything that's been going on? They did chest
x-rays and an EKG, did their best to draw blood for lab work. I felt sorry
for the phlebotomist, her veins are so tiny it's hard for them to draw
blood.

At any rate, her cognition has declined greatly in just the three weeks
since the doctor was out last to see her. (Thank Bast I found a doctor who
makes house calls!) It took 9 hours for them to actually get her to a room
in the hospital rather than stuck in a bed in the ER. I hope she'll be
coming home again. At this point I simply don't know.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Just for tests,

Whew!

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Sheldon wrote:
>>>

>> What kind of tests?
>>

> The doctor is concerned she may have had some "pinprick" strokes.
> This could explain her cognitive difficulties as well as more trouble
> walking
> lately. They're going to do a brain scan (whatever you call that
> thing) and whatever other tests are needed to try to figure things
> out.

Makes sense.

>> I think you should give yourself a treat and go out to eat.

> Yeah, maybe I'll stop somewhere for lunch tomorrow on my way back from
> the
> hospital. She just called; they finally got her into a room. It took
> hours
> and hours for them to get her out of the ER and into a bed. It's a
> good
> hospital, though. I was there myself not so long ago.
>
> Thanks for asking.

I know you said it's a good hospital, but I hope she can go home soon.
Please give her my best and you take care of yourself too...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Just for tests, not a medical emergency. Her doctor wants her to have some
> tests.
>
> I thank you all for your well wishes while I've helped take care of her.
> She asked me what I was going to have for dinner. I haven't even thought
> about dinner. She was teasing me, "You're allowed to have anything in the
> refrigerator you'd like." Great, considering I shopped for and cooked all
> of it. LOL
>
> I'll know more tomorrow.
>
> Jill

Will light another candle for her babe. :-) Best wishes and hugs!
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
> > Hope it goes well. Post her phone number and we'll call her.

> <SNORK!>
>
> -sw

That got a chuckle out of me too. <g>
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Christine Dabney wrote:
> > On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 22:38:32 -0500, Sqwertz >
> > wrote:

> >> Even I know it's called an MRI or CT Scan.

> > Uh, those are two separate things. And there are also head
> > ultrasounds. Could be any one of those 3 things.
> >
> > Christine

> Right! I think it's a CT they're going to do but who the hell can keep up
> with medical terms with everything that's been going on? They did chest
> x-rays and an EKG, did their best to draw blood for lab work. I felt sorry
> for the phlebotomist, her veins are so tiny it's hard for them to draw
> blood.
>
> At any rate, her cognition has declined greatly in just the three weeks
> since the doctor was out last to see her. (Thank Bast I found a doctor who
> makes house calls!) It took 9 hours for them to actually get her to a room
> in the hospital rather than stuck in a bed in the ER. I hope she'll be
> coming home again. At this point I simply don't know.
>
> Jill

Been there, done that. :-(
Again, sending best wishes your way babe.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
> I know you said it's a good hospital, but I hope she can go home soon.
> Please give her my best and you take care of yourself too...

I hope so too, Cathy. I think it's everyone's wish to be able to die at
home at peace in their own bed. And that's where she's headed. It's just a
matter of time.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 29, 6:56*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> Just for tests, not a medical emergency. *Her doctor wants her to have some
> tests.
>
> I thank you all for your well wishes while I've helped take care of her.
> She asked me what I was going to have for dinner. *I haven't even thought
> about dinner. *She was teasing me, "You're allowed to have anything in the
> refrigerator you'd like." *Great, considering I shopped for and cooked all
> of it. *LOL
>
> I'll know more tomorrow.
>
> Jill

Good luck. Make sure she doesn't get a humorectomy. That's one thing
that's in good working order!

best,
maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> ChattyCathy wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > I know you said it's a good hospital, but I hope she can go home soon.
> > Please give her my best and you take care of yourself too...

> I hope so too, Cathy. I think it's everyone's wish to be able to die at
> home at peace in their own bed. And that's where she's headed. It's just a
> matter of time.
>
> Jill

We all have to bury our parents someday sweetie. I feel for ya! I
really do.

I still miss mom.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Just for tests, not a medical emergency. Her doctor wants her to have
> some tests.
>
> I thank you all for your well wishes while I've helped take care of her.
> She asked me what I was going to have for dinner. I haven't even
> thought about dinner. She was teasing me, "You're allowed to have
> anything in the refrigerator you'd like." Great, considering I shopped
> for and cooked all of it. LOL
>
> I'll know more tomorrow.
>
> Jill

I hope the test results are not too bad (or bad at all), Jill.
Take care.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Right! I think it's a CT they're going to do but who the hell can keep
> up with medical terms with everything that's been going on? They did
> chest x-rays and an EKG, did their best to draw blood for lab work. I
> felt sorry for the phlebotomist, her veins are so tiny it's hard for
> them to draw blood.

I feel sorry for your mom, too. Stab, stab, stab...

> At any rate, her cognition has declined greatly in just the three weeks
> since the doctor was out last to see her. (Thank Bast I found a doctor
> who makes house calls!) It took 9 hours for them to actually get her to
> a room in the hospital rather than stuck in a bed in the ER. I hope
> she'll be coming home again. At this point I simply don't know.
>
> Jill

That sounds ominous. <<<<<Jill and her mom>>>>>

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> ChattyCathy wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> I know you said it's a good hospital, but I hope she can go home soon.
>> Please give her my best and you take care of yourself too...

> I hope so too, Cathy. I think it's everyone's wish to be able to die at
> home at peace in their own bed. And that's where she's headed. It's
> just a matter of time.
>
> Jill

That is true for all of us....

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Just for tests, not a medical emergency. Her doctor wants her to have
> some tests.
>
> I thank you all for your well wishes while I've helped take care of her.
> She asked me what I was going to have for dinner. I haven't even thought
> about dinner. She was teasing me, "You're allowed to have anything in the
> refrigerator you'd like." Great, considering I shopped for and cooked all
> of it. LOL
>
> I'll know more tomorrow.
>
> Jill

Hmmmm I hope the results are in keeping with your wishes.

Dimitri

Food at Children's Hospital Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 0 24-08-2011 04:38 AM
Hospital Dora General Cooking 20 18-04-2010 02:28 PM
Christy's in the hospital TFM®[_2_] General Cooking 533 06-11-2008 05:47 PM
How does a DM survive the hospital? Janet Wilder[_1_] Diabetic 26 28-07-2008 03:08 AM
Hospital food... Chatty Cathy General Cooking 54 14-10-2006 08:41 AM