Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Weird pie crust instructions

This is from the epicurious website. It is the tart crust instructions
for the "creme brulee tart" from the October issue of _Gourmet_.

It is a fairly straightforward recipe. The technique is very odd to me -
something I have never seen. I just want to make sure I am reading it
correctly.

I think I am supposed to - after you combine the ingredients - divide
the dough into 8 pieces then bring them all back together again. Is that
correct? I have never seen pie crust/tart instructions like these. It is
a recipe for a 9 inch tart.

I'll probably just make the crust the way I usually do since I don't see
a whole lot of benefit from doing it this way.

Here is the line I am talking about:

Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8
portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a forward
motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then flatten
into a 5-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, at
least 30 minutes.

-Tracy
having a major blond moment right now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:

> Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8
> portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a forward
> motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then flatten
> into a 5-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm,
> at least 30 minutes.

Maybe it's a method where you don't overwork the dough as
you might trying to knead a whole dough.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:
> This is from the epicurious website. It is the tart crust instructions
> for the "creme brulee tart" from the October issue of _Gourmet_.
>
> It is a fairly straightforward recipe. The technique is very odd to me -
> something I have never seen. I just want to make sure I am reading it
> correctly.
>
> I think I am supposed to - after you combine the ingredients - divide
> the dough into 8 pieces then bring them all back together again. Is that
> correct? I have never seen pie crust/tart instructions like these. It is
> a recipe for a 9 inch tart.
>
> I'll probably just make the crust the way I usually do since I don't see
> a whole lot of benefit from doing it this way.
>
> Here is the line I am talking about:
>
> Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8
> portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a forward
> motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then flatten
> into a 5-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, at
> least 30 minutes.

Is this the recipe you should have linked?
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...ee-Tart-350238

I don't see a lot of benefit from doing it that way either, but does
look like they press out each of the 8 balls with the palm of the hand
and then roll it back into a ball. FWIW, when I make pie pastry I
usually press the dough ball into a disc roughly that size, wrap in in
Saran and cool it before rolling it out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> Tracy wrote:
>
>> Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8
>> portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a forward
>> motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then flatten
>> into a 5-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm,
>> at least 30 minutes.

> Maybe it's a method where you don't overwork the dough as
> you might trying to knead a whole dough.
> nancy

I was thinking that maybe it helped promote flakiness. Not the kind of
flakiness that I am experiencing right now for having to read the
instructions over and over again to fully understand them. ;-)

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>> Tracy wrote:
>>
>>> Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8
>>> portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a
>>> forward motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball,
>>> then flatten into a 5-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic
>>> wrap, until firm, at least 30 minutes.

>> Maybe it's a method where you don't overwork the dough as
>> you might trying to knead a whole dough.
>> nancy

> I was thinking that maybe it helped promote flakiness. Not the kind of
> flakiness that I am experiencing right now for having to read the
> instructions over and over again to fully understand them. ;-)

(laugh) It does look like What am I missing.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> Tracy wrote:
>> This is from the epicurious website. It is the tart crust instructions
>> for the "creme brulee tart" from the October issue of _Gourmet_.
>>
>> It is a fairly straightforward recipe. The technique is very odd to me
>> - something I have never seen. I just want to make sure I am reading
>> it correctly.
>>
>> I think I am supposed to - after you combine the ingredients - divide
>> the dough into 8 pieces then bring them all back together again. Is
>> that correct? I have never seen pie crust/tart instructions like
>> these. It is a recipe for a 9 inch tart.
>>
>> I'll probably just make the crust the way I usually do since I don't
>> see a whole lot of benefit from doing it this way.
>>
>> Here is the line I am talking about:
>>
>> Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8
>> portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a forward
>> motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then flatten
>> into a 5-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm,
>> at least 30 minutes.
>>

> Is this the recipe you should have linked?
> http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...ee-Tart-350238
>
> I don't see a lot of benefit from doing it that way either, but does
> look like they press out each of the 8 balls with the palm of the hand
> and then roll it back into a ball. FWIW, when I make pie pastry I
> usually press the dough ball into a disc roughly that size, wrap in in
> Saran and cool it before rolling it out.

Ya know, I thought about posting the link - yes that is the one btw -
but I figured the only pertinent part was the one sentence so I copied
and pasted. I know a lot of folks don't like to click on links. I
don't have a problem with it though, usually.

As for the technique, I think it is unnecessary. I just had to reread
the darn instructions a million times and I had to recheck that it was
for one tart not 8 individual tarts.

For the record - my son wants to make this for his new girlfriend and he
wants us to practice beforehand - maybe this Sunday.

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 23, 10:01*am, Tracy > wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
> > Tracy wrote:
> >> This is from the epicurious website. It is the tart crust instructions
> >> for the "creme brulee tart" from the October issue of _Gourmet_.

> >> It is a fairly straightforward recipe. The technique is very odd to me
> >> - something I have never seen. I just want to make sure I am reading
> >> it correctly.

> >> I think I am supposed to - after you combine the ingredients - divide
> >> the dough into 8 pieces then bring them all back together again. Is
> >> that correct? I have never seen pie crust/tart instructions like
> >> these. It is a recipe for a 9 inch tart.

> >> I'll probably just make the crust the way I usually do since I don't
> >> see a whole lot of benefit from doing it this way.

> >> Here is the line I am talking about:

> >> Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8
> >> portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a forward
> >> motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then flatten
> >> into a 5-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm,
> >> at least 30 minutes.

> > Is this the recipe you should have linked?
> >http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...ee-Tart-350238

> > I don't see a lot of benefit from doing it that way either, but does
> > look like they press out each of the 8 balls with the palm of the hand
> > and then roll it back into a ball. *FWIW, when I make pie pastry I
> > usually press the dough ball into a disc roughly that size, wrap in in
> > Saran and cool it before rolling it out.

> Ya know, I thought about posting the link - yes that is the one btw -
> but I figured the only pertinent part was the one sentence so I copied
> and pasted. *I know a lot of folks don't like to click on links. *I
> don't have a problem with it though, usually.
>
> As for the technique, I think it is unnecessary. I just had to reread
> the darn instructions a million times and I had to recheck that it was
> for one tart not 8 individual tarts.
>
> For the record - my son wants to make this for his new girlfriend and he
> wants us to practice beforehand - maybe this Sunday.
>
> -Tracy- Hide quoted text -

I think it's simply a means of distributing the fat evenly without
overworking, as nancy or someone said. Doing it in 8 bits would keep
you from overworking 7 of those bits.

Me? I'd use a FP and skip the fussy hand-working.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 23, 7:40*am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> Tracy wrote:
> > Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8
> > portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a forward
> > motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then flatten
> > into a 5-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm,
> > at least 30 minutes.

> Maybe it's a method where you don't overwork the dough as
> you might trying to knead a whole dough.
>
> nancy

I think you are exactly right! A co- worker emailed me a cookbook with
a lot of copycat recipes- you know, restaurants and Hostess pie
stuff....anyway, my son & I decided to make pop tarts- we called them
poop toots! The dough was perfect for this application as it was on
the stiff side, but still a little crumbly, and needed a little
kneading to make it stay together when rolling out. To tell the truth,
they tasted pretty close to the real thing!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tracy" > wrote in message
> This is from the epicurious website. It is the tart crust instructions for
> the "creme brulee tart" from the October issue of _Gourmet_.
>
> It is a fairly straightforward recipe. The technique is very odd to me -
> something I have never seen. I just want to make sure I am reading it
> correctly.
>
> I think I am supposed to - after you combine the ingredients - divide the
> dough into 8 pieces then bring them all back together again. Is that
> correct? I have never seen pie crust/tart instructions like these. It is a
> recipe for a 9 inch tart.
>
> I'll probably just make the crust the way I usually do since I don't see a
> whole lot of benefit from doing it this way.
>
> Here is the line I am talking about:
>
> Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8 portions.
> With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a forward motion to
> help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then flatten into a 5-inch
> disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, at least 30
> minutes.
>
> -Tracy
> having a major blond moment right now.

The "smearing" with the heel of the hand is a technique used when making a
French sugar-cookie-style crust. But they are very, very tender because of
all the sugar.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:
> "Tracy" > wrote in message
>> This is from the epicurious website. It is the tart crust instructions for
>> the "creme brulee tart" from the October issue of _Gourmet_.
>>
>> It is a fairly straightforward recipe. The technique is very odd to me -
>> something I have never seen. I just want to make sure I am reading it
>> correctly.
>>
>> I think I am supposed to - after you combine the ingredients - divide the
>> dough into 8 pieces then bring them all back together again. Is that
>> correct? I have never seen pie crust/tart instructions like these. It is a
>> recipe for a 9 inch tart.
>>
>> I'll probably just make the crust the way I usually do since I don't see a
>> whole lot of benefit from doing it this way.
>>
>> Here is the line I am talking about:
>>
>> Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8 portions.
>> With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a forward motion to
>> help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then flatten into a 5-inch
>> disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, at least 30
>> minutes.
>>
>> -Tracy
>> having a major blond moment right now.

> The "smearing" with the heel of the hand is a technique used when making a
> French sugar-cookie-style crust. But they are very, very tender because of
> all the sugar.

Interesting..the crust mentioned has 2 tablespoons of sugar. I wouldn't
consider that a lot of sugar though.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...ee-Tart-350238

-Tracy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"merryb" > wrote in message
On Oct 23, 7:40 am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> Tracy wrote:
> > Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8
> > portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a forward
> > motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then flatten
> > into a 5-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm,
> > at least 30 minutes.

> Maybe it's a method where you don't overwork the dough as
> you might trying to knead a whole dough.
>
> nancy

>>I think you are exactly right! A co- worker emailed me a cookbook with
>>a lot of copycat recipes- you know, restaurants and Hostess pie
>>stuff....anyway, my son & I decided to make pop tarts- we called them
>>poop toots! The dough was perfect for this application as it was on
>>the stiff side, but still a little crumbly, and needed a little
>>kneading to make it stay together when rolling out. To tell the truth,
>>they tasted pretty close to the real thing!

Hey Merryb, could you please post that recipe under cover of a separate (pop
tarts copycat) recipe subject header?

thanks!

TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 23, 11:32*am, "TammyM" > wrote:
> "merryb" > wrote in message

> On Oct 23, 7:40 am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>

> > Tracy wrote:
> > > Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8
> > > portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a forward
> > > motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then flatten
> > > into a 5-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm,
> > > at least 30 minutes.

> > Maybe it's a method where you don't overwork the dough as
> > you might trying to knead a whole dough.

> > nancy
> >>I think you are exactly right! A co- worker emailed me a cookbook with
> >>a lot of copycat recipes- you know, restaurants and Hostess pie
> >>stuff....anyway, my son & I decided to make pop tarts- we called them
> >>poop toots! The dough was perfect for this application as it was on
> >>the stiff side, but still a little crumbly, and needed a little
> >>kneading to make it stay together when rolling out. To tell the truth,
> >>they tasted pretty close to the real thing!

> Hey Merryb, could you please post that recipe under cover of a separate (pop
> tarts copycat) recipe subject header?
>
> thanks!
>
> TammyM- Hide quoted text -

I'll try to post the whole cookbook...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:

> Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8
> portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a
> forward motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then
> flatten into a 5-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap,
> until firm, at least 30 minutes.

This is similar to the America's Test Kitchen recipe for Apple Gallette.

This link might require registration:

<http://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipe.asp?recipeids=4530&>

The relevant portion is:

4. FRAISAGE AND CHILL: Starting at farthest end, use heel of hand to
smear small amount of dough against counter, pushing firmly down and
away from you, to create separate pile of dough (flattened pieces of
dough should look shaggy). Continue process until all dough has been
worked. Gather dough into rough 12 by 5-inch mound and repeat smearing
process. Dough will not have to be smeared as much as first time and
should form cohesive ball once entire portion is worked. Form dough
into 4-inch square, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate until cold and
firm but still malleable, 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 23, 9:27*am, Tracy > wrote:
> This is from the epicurious website. It is the tart crust instructions
> for the "creme brulee tart" from the October issue of _Gourmet_.
>
> It is a fairly straightforward recipe. The technique is very odd to me -
> something I have never seen. I just want to make sure I am reading it
> correctly.
>
> I think I am supposed to - after you combine the ingredients - divide
> the dough into 8 pieces then bring them all back together again. Is that
> correct? I have never seen pie crust/tart instructions like these. It is
> a recipe for a 9 inch tart.
>
> I'll probably just make the crust the way I usually do since I don't see
> a whole lot of benefit from doing it this way.
>
> Here is the line I am talking about:
>
> Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8
> portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a forward
> motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then flatten
> into a 5-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, at
> least 30 minutes.
>
> -Tracy
> having a major blond moment right now.

I just checked and that's what it said in my copy of the magazine
itself.
I thought the stuff about the 8 pieces and the heel of your hand
sounded odd.
Do you think they just want to make sure you get the butter evenly
distributed throughout the dough?
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default User wrote:
> Tracy wrote:
>

>> Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8
>> portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a
>> forward motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then
>> flatten into a 5-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap,
>> until firm, at least 30 minutes.

> This is similar to the America's Test Kitchen recipe for Apple Gallette.
>
> This link might require registration:
>
> <http://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipe.asp?recipeids=4530&>
>
> The relevant portion is:
>
> 4. FRAISAGE AND CHILL: Starting at farthest end, use heel of hand to
> smear small amount of dough against counter, pushing firmly down and
> away from you, to create separate pile of dough (flattened pieces of
> dough should look shaggy). Continue process until all dough has been
> worked. Gather dough into rough 12 by 5-inch mound and repeat smearing
> process. Dough will not have to be smeared as much as first time and
> should form cohesive ball once entire portion is worked. Form dough
> into 4-inch square, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate until cold and
> firm but still malleable, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
>

> Brian

Thanks. I watched the video. That is a very interesting technique. I
might have to try it. I've made the apple tart in Baking with Julia a
bunch of times - but this looks way easier. The pie crust in that book
is "no fail" for me.

-Tracy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo wrote:
> On Oct 23, 9:27 am, Tracy > wrote:
>> This is from the epicurious website. It is the tart crust instructions
>> for the "creme brulee tart" from the October issue of _Gourmet_.
>>
>> It is a fairly straightforward recipe. The technique is very odd to me -
>> something I have never seen. I just want to make sure I am reading it
>> correctly.
>>
>> I think I am supposed to - after you combine the ingredients - divide
>> the dough into 8 pieces then bring them all back together again. Is that
>> correct? I have never seen pie crust/tart instructions like these. It is
>> a recipe for a 9 inch tart.
>>
>> I'll probably just make the crust the way I usually do since I don't see
>> a whole lot of benefit from doing it this way.
>>
>> Here is the line I am talking about:
>>
>> Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8
>> portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a forward
>> motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then flatten
>> into a 5-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, at
>> least 30 minutes.
>>
>> -Tracy
>> having a major blond moment right now.

> I just checked and that's what it said in my copy of the magazine
> itself.
> I thought the stuff about the 8 pieces and the heel of your hand
> sounded odd.
> Do you think they just want to make sure you get the butter evenly
> distributed throughout the dough?
> Lynn in Fargo

That's what I thought but after reading some responses it appears to be
a French technique which ensures crisp and flaky crust.

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 23 Oct 2008 01:54:46p, Lynn from Fargo told us...

> On Oct 23, 9:27*am, Tracy > wrote:
>> This is from the epicurious website. It is the tart crust instructions
>> for the "creme brulee tart" from the October issue of _Gourmet_.
>>
>> It is a fairly straightforward recipe. The technique is very odd to me -
>> something I have never seen. I just want to make sure I am reading it
>> correctly.
>>
>> I think I am supposed to - after you combine the ingredients - divide
>> the dough into 8 pieces then bring them all back together again. Is that
>> correct? I have never seen pie crust/tart instructions like these. It is
>> a recipe for a 9 inch tart.
>>
>> I'll probably just make the crust the way I usually do since I don't see
>> a whole lot of benefit from doing it this way.
>>
>> Here is the line I am talking about:
>>
>> Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8
>> portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a forward
>> motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then flatten
>> into a 5-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, at
>> least 30 minutes.
>>
>> -Tracy
>> having a major blond moment right now.

> I just checked and that's what it said in my copy of the magazine
> itself.
> I thought the stuff about the 8 pieces and the heel of your hand
> sounded odd.
> Do you think they just want to make sure you get the butter evenly
> distributed throughout the dough?
> Lynn in Fargo

Yes, and without overworking the single larger mass.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Thursday, 10(X)/23(XXIII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
2wks 4dys 9hrs 39mins
How does one expect the unexpected?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:27:48 -0400, Tracy > wrote:

>This is from the epicurious website. It is the tart crust instructions
>for the "creme brulee tart" from the October issue of _Gourmet_.
>
>It is a fairly straightforward recipe. The technique is very odd to me -
>something I have never seen. I just want to make sure I am reading it
>correctly.
>
>I think I am supposed to - after you combine the ingredients - divide
>the dough into 8 pieces then bring them all back together again. Is that
>correct? I have never seen pie crust/tart instructions like these. It is
>a recipe for a 9 inch tart.
>
>I'll probably just make the crust the way I usually do since I don't see
>a whole lot of benefit from doing it this way.
>
>Here is the line I am talking about:
>
>Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8
>portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a forward
>motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then flatten
>into a 5-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, at
>least 30 minutes.

It sounds like it's a way to make the pastry flakier without doing the
roll-out-and-fold, roll-out-and-fold thing... I don't really see the
point.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:

> This is from the epicurious website. It is the tart crust instructions
> for the "creme brulee tart" from the October issue of _Gourmet_.
>
> It is a fairly straightforward recipe. The technique is very odd to me -
> something I have never seen. I just want to make sure I am reading it
> correctly.
>
> I think I am supposed to - after you combine the ingredients - divide
> the dough into 8 pieces then bring them all back together again. Is that
> correct? I have never seen pie crust/tart instructions like these. It is
> a recipe for a 9 inch tart.
>
> I'll probably just make the crust the way I usually do since I don't see
> a whole lot of benefit from doing it this way.
>
> Here is the line I am talking about:
>
> Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8
> portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once in a forward
> motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough into a ball, then flatten
> into a 5-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, at
> least 30 minutes.
>
> -Tracy

That is called 'fraisage'. It does precisely what it says: distributes
the fat evenly throughout the pastry dough. Dividing up the dough makes
it easier to 'smear' than the entire piece.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:01:06 -0400, Tracy > wrote:

>For the record - my son wants to make this for his new girlfriend and he
>wants us to practice beforehand - maybe this Sunday.

Oh, maybe he's cooking for a "keeper!" Please keep us posted in that
regard.

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:01:06 -0400, Tracy wrote:

> As for the technique, I think it is unnecessary. I just had to reread
> the darn instructions a million times and I had to recheck that it was
> for one tart not 8 individual tarts.
>
> For the record - my son wants to make this for his new girlfriend and he
> wants us to practice beforehand - maybe this Sunday.
>
> -Tracy

if he wants to practice for the sex part afterward, you must tell him no.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tracy" > wrote in message
<snip>
> Interesting..the crust mentioned has 2 tablespoons of sugar. I wouldn't
> consider that a lot of sugar though.
>
> http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...ee-Tart-350238
>
> -Tracy

Nor would I. The kind of crust I'm thinking of has more like 6-8 tablespoons
of sugar, IIRC. It is also made with all butter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:01:06 -0400, Tracy wrote:
>
>> As for the technique, I think it is unnecessary. I just had to reread
>> the darn instructions a million times and I had to recheck that it was
>> for one tart not 8 individual tarts.
>>
>> For the record - my son wants to make this for his new girlfriend and he
>> wants us to practice beforehand - maybe this Sunday.
>>
>> -Tracy

> if he wants to practice for the sex part afterward, you must tell him no.
>
> your pal,
> blake

<fingers in my ears> lalalalalalalalala

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tracy" > wrote in message
> blake murphy wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:01:06 -0400, Tracy wrote:
>>
>>> As for the technique, I think it is unnecessary. I just had to reread
>>> the darn instructions a million times and I had to recheck that it was
>>> for one tart not 8 individual tarts.
>>>
>>> For the record - my son wants to make this for his new girlfriend and he
>>> wants us to practice beforehand - maybe this Sunday.
>>>
>>> -Tracy

>> if he wants to practice for the sex part afterward, you must tell him no.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> <fingers in my ears> lalalalalalalalala
>
> -Tracy