Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Brunch

Tomato, mushroom, and green pepper omelet with shredded sharp cheddar and
muenster, browned to perfection on the bottom in the Calphalon omelet pan,
then broiled to perfection in the oven, same pan. Apple muffins and thin
bacon, fresh squeezed orange juice. I just made one huge omelet and cut it
into servings.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> Tomato, mushroom, and green pepper omelet with shredded sharp cheddar
> and muenster, browned to perfection on the bottom in the Calphalon
> omelet pan, then broiled to perfection in the oven, same pan. Apple
> muffins and thin bacon, fresh squeezed orange juice. I just made one
> huge omelet and cut it into servings.

Yum! I wish I could eat eggs (allergy). I made mac 'n cheese - yes,
homemade. I didn't use enough salt, though; it tasted a tad bland. I used
the only cheese I had, mozzarella, colby-jack and cheddar. It's still
highly edible.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> Tomato, mushroom, and green pepper omelet with shredded sharp cheddar and
> muenster, browned to perfection on the bottom in the Calphalon omelet pan,
> then broiled to perfection in the oven, same pan.

You don't brown an omelet "to perfection". Burnt eggs are nasty. Good
omelets are cooked more slowly and are light and fluffy, not petrified.

And it seems kinda silly to then throw it under the broiler (to petrify
it even more), when you could have just flipped it like normal people.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> cybercat wrote:
>
> > Tomato, mushroom, and green pepper omelet with shredded sharp cheddar

and
> > muenster, browned to perfection on the bottom in the Calphalon omelet

pan,
> > then broiled to perfection in the oven, same pan.

> You don't brown an omelet "to perfection". Burnt eggs are nasty. Good
> omelets are cooked more slowly and are light and fluffy, not petrified.
>
> And it seems kinda silly to then throw it under the broiler (to petrify
> it even more), when you could have just flipped it like normal people.

But...but...but it was done in a CALPHALON pan...!!!

Lol...

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>
>> Tomato, mushroom, and green pepper omelet with shredded sharp cheddar and
>> muenster, browned to perfection on the bottom in the Calphalon omelet
>> pan, then broiled to perfection in the oven, same pan.

> You don't brown an omelet "to perfection". Burnt eggs are nasty. Good
> omelets are cooked more slowly and are light and fluffy, not petrified.

**** off, Steve. Browned isn't burnt. Some prefer their omelets pale, some
browned.

> And it seems kinda silly to then throw it under the broiler (to petrify
> it even more), when you could have just flipped it like normal people.

Try it before you trash it, dickhead. Under the broiler the eggs puff a bit
and brown lightly, no need for flipping. It's a lot easier.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote

>I made mac 'n cheese - yes, homemade. I didn't use enough salt, though; it
>tasted a tad bland. I used the only cheese I had, mozzarella, colby-jack
>and cheddar. It's still highly edible.

I love those cheeses in mac and cheese. Did you make it on top of the stove
or in the oven?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>
>> Tomato, mushroom, and green pepper omelet with shredded sharp cheddar and
>> muenster, browned to perfection on the bottom in the Calphalon omelet
>> pan, then broiled to perfection in the oven, same pan.

> You don't brown an omelet "to perfection". Burnt eggs are nasty. Good
> omelets are cooked more slowly and are light and fluffy, not petrified.
>
> And it seems kinda silly to then throw it under the broiler (to petrify
> it even more), when you could have just flipped it like normal people.

This is how the perfect omelet looks, dumbass.

http://www.pineapple-girl.com/omelet.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> cybercat wrote:
>>
>>> Tomato, mushroom, and green pepper omelet with shredded sharp cheddar
>>> and muenster, browned to perfection on the bottom in the Calphalon
>>> omelet pan, then broiled to perfection in the oven, same pan.

>> You don't brown an omelet "to perfection". Burnt eggs are nasty. Good
>> omelets are cooked more slowly and are light and fluffy, not petrified.
>>
>> And it seems kinda silly to then throw it under the broiler (to petrify
>> it even more), when you could have just flipped it like normal people.
>>

> This is how the perfect omelet looks, dumbass.
>
> http://www.pineapple-girl.com/omelet.htm

The author of that page says those eggs are too brown.....

"My omelet today was little too browned for my personal preference, but
that's because I was taking pictures while I cooked. If you follow my
guidelines, yours should turn out a little lighter, which is perfect. "

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tvor" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message

>>> You don't brown an omelet "to perfection". Burnt eggs are nasty. Good
>>> omelets are cooked more slowly and are light and fluffy, not petrified.
>>>
>>> And it seems kinda silly to then throw it under the broiler (to petrify
>>> it even more), when you could have just flipped it like normal people.
>>>

>> This is how the perfect omelet looks, dumbass.
>>
>> http://www.pineapple-girl.com/omelet.htm
>>

> The author of that page says those eggs are too brown.....
>
> "My omelet today was little too browned for my personal preference, but
> that's because I was taking pictures while I cooked. If you follow my
> guidelines, yours should turn out a little lighter, which is perfect. "

*I* say this is the perfect omelet, as far as how brown it is. More to the
point, it's a matter of personal preference.

Duh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "tvor" > wrote in message

>>> This is how the perfect omelet looks, dumbass.
>>>
>>> http://www.pineapple-girl.com/omelet.htm
>>>

>> The author of that page says those eggs are too brown.....
>>
>> "My omelet today was little too browned for my personal preference, but
>> that's because I was taking pictures while I cooked. If you follow my
>> guidelines, yours should turn out a little lighter, which is perfect. "
>>

> *I* say this is the perfect omelet, as far as how brown it is. More to the
> point, it's a matter of personal preference.
>
> Duh.

Check it out--some browned, some not.

http://tinyurl.com/5gqn52

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote
>
>> I made mac 'n cheese - yes, homemade. I didn't use enough salt,
>> though; it tasted a tad bland. I used the only cheese I had,
>> mozzarella, colby-jack and cheddar. It's still highly edible.
>>

> I love those cheeses in mac and cheese. Did you make it on top of the
> stove or in the oven?

In the TOASTER oven, no less. Nicely browned and crispy on top. :~)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> cybercat wrote:
> > Tomato, mushroom, and green pepper omelet with shredded sharp cheddar
> > and muenster, browned to perfection on the bottom in the Calphalon
> > omelet pan, then broiled to perfection in the oven, same pan. Apple
> > muffins and thin bacon, fresh squeezed orange juice. I just made one
> > huge omelet and cut it into servings.

> Yum! I wish I could eat eggs (allergy). I made mac 'n cheese - yes,
> homemade. I didn't use enough salt, though; it tasted a tad bland. I used
> the only cheese I had, mozzarella, colby-jack and cheddar. It's still
> highly edible.
>
> kili

Kili, my sister is sensitive to chicken eggs. When I had a lot of ducks,
I saved all the duck eggs for her. Turkey eggs too. :-)

She was able to eat both of those just fine.

Many asian markets carry duck (and quail) eggs.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> > cybercat wrote:
> >
> >> Tomato, mushroom, and green pepper omelet with shredded sharp cheddar

and
> >> muenster, browned to perfection on the bottom in the Calphalon omelet
> >> pan, then broiled to perfection in the oven, same pan.

> > You don't brown an omelet "to perfection". Burnt eggs are nasty. Good
> > omelets are cooked more slowly and are light and fluffy, not petrified.

> **** off, Steve. Browned isn't burnt. Some prefer their omelets pale, some
> browned.
>

> > And it seems kinda silly to then throw it under the broiler (to petrify
> > it even more), when you could have just flipped it like normal people.
> >

> Try it before you trash it, dickhead. Under the broiler the eggs puff a

bit
> and brown lightly, no need for flipping. It's a lot easier.

Just so you know, cyberpussie, Steve is *exactly* right about cooking
omelets...it's fine to have some crispness either on the top *or* the bottom
but not on *both* sides...you want *some* of the egg mixture to be creamy,
not Death Valley - ized...

Ye gawds, yer f00ked - up ovum mishegoss is a travesty, might as well serve
up mud flaps from an old semi in a junk yard, they'd prolly be more tasty.
Even undescended aigs from your Fallopian Toobs would no doubt be more
toothsome...

You don't even have the chops to master the basics of egg cookery, no
further proof is needed but your multitude of "nya - nya!" posts in response
to those critical of you. And "Calphalon" impresses *nobody*, who R U
kidding...

Lol, it's a slow day on rfc but your sheer dumb CLUCKERY has given your
detractors here a veritable field day...

<chortle>

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>
>> Tomato, mushroom, and green pepper omelet with shredded sharp cheddar and
>> muenster, browned to perfection on the bottom in the Calphalon omelet
>> pan, then broiled to perfection in the oven, same pan.

> You don't brown an omelet "to perfection". Burnt eggs are nasty. Good
> omelets are cooked more slowly and are light and fluffy, not petrified.
>
> And it seems kinda silly to then throw it under the broiler (to petrify
> it even more), when you could have just flipped it like normal people.
>
> -sw

Give her a break, Steve. She just graduated from her Easy-Bake Oven. And
since Dinty Moore cans have pull-off tops, she's looking for a challenge.
Doesn't every restaurant with an omelet station use the salamander? Now, if
she were preparing a frittata...

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Greg wrote:

>>> You don't brown an omelet "to perfection". Burnt eggs are nasty. Good
>>> omelets are cooked more slowly and are light and fluffy, not petrified.

>> **** off, Steve. Browned isn't burnt. Some prefer their omelets pale,
>> some browned.
>>

>>> And it seems kinda silly to then throw it under the broiler (to petrify
>>> it even more), when you could have just flipped it like normal people.
>>>

>> Try it before you trash it, dickhead. Under the broiler the eggs puff a
>> bit and brown lightly, no need for flipping. It's a lot easier.

> Just so you know, cyberpussie, Steve is *exactly* right about cooking
> omelets...it's fine to have some crispness either on the top *or* the
> bottom but not on *both* sides...you want *some* of the egg mixture to be
> creamy, not Death Valley - ized...
>
> Ye gawds, yer f00ked - up ovum mishegoss is a travesty, might as well
> serve up mud flaps from an old semi in a junk yard, they'd prolly be more
> tasty. Even undescended aigs from your Fallopian Toobs would no doubt be
> more toothsome...
>
> You don't even have the chops to master the basics of egg cookery, no
> further proof is needed but your multitude of "nya - nya!" posts in
> response to those critical of you. And "Calphalon" impresses *nobody*,
> who R U kidding...
>
> Lol, it's a slow day on rfc but your sheer dumb CLUCKERY has given your
> detractors here a veritable field day...

I beg to differ. Cyber****'s main error was in calling its concoction an
OMELET, when what it made more correctly falls under the heading of
"frittata." Frittati are indeed lightly browned on the bottom and then
cooked under a broiler until lightly browned on top. The same thing is true
of the Spanish dish called a tortilla. It's entirely possible that this time
cyber**** made something which wouldn't cause someone to gag reflexively
like they do when cyber**** walks into the room.

Allow me also to rebut the implication that "flipping it like normal people"
was an option for cyber****. Flipping food is not a wise practice when
you're surrounded by a cloud of flies.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I always thought the difference was that in a frittata the other ingredients
were mixed in before the egg is set, while in an omelette they're folded
over by the cooked egg. Nothing wrong with either pale or brown ones.
They're both nice.

Brunch Goomba[_2_] General Cooking 0 12-10-2011 10:22 PM
Brunch was... Andy[_2_] General Cooking 10 06-10-2008 07:28 PM
Brunch Rosie Miller General Cooking 5 10-10-2003 12:17 PM