Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Is there a name for this cocktail?

1 ounce of brandy (in a shot glass)
add 1/2 ounce of sweet vermouth

Shoot it, pour another, and shoot that one too. :-)

(If you poured both of them over ice and garnished appropriately, it'd
be pretty close to a Manhattan)

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 22:21:06 -0500, zxcvbob >
wrote:

>1 ounce of brandy (in a shot glass)
>add 1/2 ounce of sweet vermouth
>
>Shoot it, pour another, and shoot that one too. :-)
>
>(If you poured both of them over ice and garnished appropriately, it'd
>be pretty close to a Manhattan)

Brandy Cocktail #3 (Cocktail)
Angostura Bitters, Brandy, Sweet Vermouth
Brandy Manhattan (Cocktail)
Angostura Bitters, Brandy, Sweet Vermouth
Brandy Vermouth Cocktail (Cocktail)
Bitters, Brandy, Sweet Vermouth

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 19 Oct 2008 08:21:06p, zxcvbob told us...

> 1 ounce of brandy (in a shot glass)
> add 1/2 ounce of sweet vermouth
>
> Shoot it, pour another, and shoot that one too. :-)
>
> (If you poured both of them over ice and garnished appropriately, it'd
> be pretty close to a Manhattan)
>
> Bob

Equal parts of brandy and vermouth would be a cocktail called The Harvard.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 10(X)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
3wks 1dys 1hrs 32mins
Just because you're paranoid doesn't
mean nobody's out to get you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

zxcvbob wrote:
> 1 ounce of brandy (in a shot glass)
> add 1/2 ounce of sweet vermouth
>
> Shoot it, pour another, and shoot that one too. :-)
>
> (If you poured both of them over ice and garnished appropriately, it'd
> be pretty close to a Manhattan)

It is a Brandy Manhattan, but it is missing the dash of bitters.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> 1 ounce of brandy (in a shot glass)
> add 1/2 ounce of sweet vermouth

Vermouthed brandy.

Fruit Cocktail? Anny Middon Preserving 2 06-05-2008 08:40 PM
mama mia - cocktail [email protected] General Cooking 1 23-12-2005 09:32 AM
Gooseberry Cocktail [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 16-11-2005 02:45 AM
Cocktail Meatballs Duckie ® Recipes 0 04-10-2005 08:39 PM
The Cocktail Lab GG General 0 07-12-2004 10:27 AM