Old 16-10-2008, 05:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What goes well with canned corned beef hash?

Kathleen said...

Last weekend we were at a tournament in Memphis and ate breakfast at
Perkins.

Eating at a Perkins in Memphis sounds like eating Italian at an Olive Garden
in Philly or eating at a Red Lobster in Maine!

ICK!!!

Andy

Old 16-10-2008, 06:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

aem wrote:

Corned beef. Anytime you buy canned corned beef hash you should also
buy a can of corned beef.

Corned beef comes in cans?

Ouch. The stuff is so nasty mixed with potatoes that I can't even
imagine what canned corned beef would taste like.

Corned beef should be bought from the deli or the butcher counter - not
in a can. It's also very inexpensive and easy to make yourself.

-sw
Old 16-10-2008, 07:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
Kathleen said...

Last weekend we were at a tournament in Memphis and ate breakfast at
Perkins.

Eating at a Perkins in Memphis sounds like eating Italian at an Olive Garden
in Philly or eating at a Red Lobster in Maine!

ICK!!!

Andy

We was there to run the dogginz at the U-FLI Championship held at the
Showcase of Dogs, benefiting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Flyball, Herding, Agility, Rally, Obedience, Conformation, Earthdog, you
name it, they had it. Tons of vendors, too.

4 humans and 4 dogs sharing a van and a motel room.

We came, we saw, we kicked some ass.

Breakfast was incidental.

Old 16-10-2008, 07:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Oct 16, 10:23*am, Sqwertz wrote:
aem wrote:
Corned beef. *Anytime you buy canned corned beef hash you should also
buy a can of corned beef.

Corned beef comes in cans?

Ouch. *The stuff is so nasty mixed with potatoes that I can't even
imagine what canned corned beef would taste like.

Yes it is. Note the disclaimer: "anytime you buy..." I don't
recommend buying either, but if you buy the hash then it will be
improved by adding more corned beef. Part of the reason the hash is
nasty is that canned potatoes are nasty.

Corned beef should be bought from the deli or the butcher counter - not
in a can. *It's also very inexpensive and easy to make yourself.

Yes, if the deli or butcher is good. Best is homemade, though it is
not the most inexpensive thing around. Your nemesis Sheldon has given
rfc a very good way to make corned beef. -aem

Old 17-10-2008, 12:56 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 12:23:18 -0500, Sqwertz
wrote:

aem wrote:

Corned beef. Anytime you buy canned corned beef hash you should also
buy a can of corned beef.

Corned beef comes in cans?

Hormel sells it. A product of Brazil and Argentina. It smells like
dog food until you cook it.

Ouch. The stuff is so nasty mixed with potatoes that I can't even
imagine what canned corned beef would taste like.

Corned beef should be bought from the deli or the butcher counter - not
in a can. It's also very inexpensive and easy to make yourself.

Its not as bad as you might think, but certainly not great food. It's
good to have in the cabinet to make hash and eggs after a night of
drinking.

Lou