Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cats and Crockpots

Braised some 'country-style' pork ribs (bottom of the freezer sort of
thing) in the Crockpot o/n. Our new kittenish addition to the family,
Jasper (aka Jazzy-Purr and 'whatever you're doing, stop it!') came into
the kitchen for her breakfast as usual.
After dining and scrubbing up, she stopped and stared over at the
counter where said Crockpot was stewing away. She didn't take her eyes
and ears off of it. Kept wandering around, fixated by the pot.
Took me a while to work out that it was the blurping it was making as
the ribs were plootering in the braising liquid. Took pity on the little
thing and shut it off. Mystery solved, she wandered off to commit more
feline felonies

(The Senior Diva, Ruby, didn't pay the least bit of attention to
anything but her breakfast LOL.)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Arri London >
wrote:

> Braised some 'country-style' pork ribs (bottom of the freezer sort of
> thing) in the Crockpot o/n. Our new kittenish addition to the family,
> Jasper (aka Jazzy-Purr and 'whatever you're doing, stop it!') came into
> the kitchen for her breakfast as usual.
> After dining and scrubbing up, she stopped and stared over at the
> counter where said Crockpot was stewing away. She didn't take her eyes
> and ears off of it. Kept wandering around, fixated by the pot.
> Took me a while to work out that it was the blurping it was making as
> the ribs were plootering in the braising liquid. Took pity on the little
> thing and shut it off. Mystery solved, she wandered off to commit more
> feline felonies
>
> (The Senior Diva, Ruby, didn't pay the least bit of attention to
> anything but her breakfast LOL.)

Curiosity.... <g>
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Arri London wrote:
> Braised some 'country-style' pork ribs (bottom of the freezer sort of
> thing) in the Crockpot o/n. Our new kittenish addition to the family,
> Jasper (aka Jazzy-Purr and 'whatever you're doing, stop it!') came into
> the kitchen for her breakfast as usual.
> After dining and scrubbing up, she stopped and stared over at the
> counter where said Crockpot was stewing away. She didn't take her eyes
> and ears off of it. Kept wandering around, fixated by the pot.
> Took me a while to work out that it was the blurping it was making as
> the ribs were plootering in the braising liquid. Took pity on the little
> thing and shut it off. Mystery solved, she wandered off to commit more
> feline felonies
>
> (The Senior Diva, Ruby, didn't pay the least bit of attention to
> anything but her breakfast LOL.)

Damn! And here I thought I was finally going to get a good cat meat
recipe. Drat!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 12 Oct 2008 03:18:41p, T told us...

> That's too funny. I had gotten Angie the resident felid a little radio
> controlled mouse. Once she figured out that I was controlling it she
> compltely lost interest in it.

Of our five cats, only one hasn't figured out what the laser pointer is all
about. The other four ignore it. The one will chase it tirelessly, even
crashing into walls.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 10(X)/12(XII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
4wks 1dys 8hrs 29mins
Never look up a word you cannot spell.
Never spell a word you cannot look up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

T wrote:

> That's too funny. I had gotten Angie the resident felid a little radio
> controlled mouse. Once she figured out that I was controlling it she
> compltely lost interest in it.

Haha, once Moxie figured out I was behind that weird red
dot, she walked away in disdain. Sometimes she'll still
play with it, but she hears me take it out of the desk drawer
and she'll play for a couple of minutes to amuse me.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> On Sun 12 Oct 2008 03:18:41p, T told us...
>
> > That's too funny. I had gotten Angie the resident felid a little radio
> > controlled mouse. Once she figured out that I was controlling it she
> > compltely lost interest in it.

> Of our five cats, only one hasn't figured out what the laser pointer is all
> about. The other four ignore it. The one will chase it tirelessly, even
> crashing into walls.

Mine will go UP the walls chasing the dot.
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 12, 8:25*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
> *Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
> > On Sun 12 Oct 2008 03:18:41p, T told us...

> > > That's too funny. I had gotten Angie the resident felid a little radio
> > > controlled mouse. Once she figured out that I was controlling it she
> > > compltely lost interest in it.

> > Of our five cats, only one hasn't figured out what the laser pointer is all
> > about. *The other four ignore it. *The one will chase it tirelessly, even
> > crashing into walls.

> Mine will go UP the walls chasing the dot.

My cat does also; she'll play with the laser pointer for hours.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
"Michael O'Connor" > wrote:

> On Oct 12, 8:25*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> > In article >,
> > *Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
> >
> > > On Sun 12 Oct 2008 03:18:41p, T told us...

> > > Of our five cats, only one hasn't figured out what the laser pointer is
> > > all
> > > about. *The other four ignore it. *The one will chase it tirelessly, even
> > > crashing into walls.

> > Mine will go UP the walls chasing the dot.

> My cat does also; she'll play with the laser pointer for hours.

Makes me laugh a lot when I'm playing with them with it!
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
T > wrote:

> In article >,
> says...
> > In article > ,
> > T > wrote:
> >
> > > In article >,
says...

> > > That's too funny. I had gotten Angie the resident felid a little radio
> > > controlled mouse. Once she figured out that I was controlling it she
> > > compltely lost interest in it.

> > Try a laser pointer.
> >

> That was why I got the RC mouse. She played with the laser pointer once
> and then ignored it all the other times.

Well, there is always string. :-) I don't know a cat that can resist
that!
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "Michael O'Connor" > wrote:
>On Oct 12, 8:25=A0pm, Omelet > wrote:
>> In article >,
>> =A0Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>>
>> > On Sun 12 Oct 2008 03:18:41p, T told us...

>> > Of our five cats, only one hasn't figured out what the laser pointer is=

> all
>> > about. =A0The other four ignore it. =A0The one will chase it tirelessly=

>, even
>> > crashing into walls.

>> Mine will go UP the walls chasing the dot.

>My cat does also; she'll play with the laser pointer for hours.

Presumably you do too?

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael O'Connor wrote:

> On Oct 12, 8:25 pm, Omelet > wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
> >
> > > On Sun 12 Oct 2008 03:18:41p, T told us...

> > > Of our five cats, only one hasn't figured out what the laser pointer is all
> > > about. The other four ignore it. The one will chase it tirelessly, even
> > > crashing into walls.

> > Mine will go UP the walls chasing the dot.

> My cat does also; she'll play with the laser pointer for hours.

Yet neither of ours will play with it for even five minutes.

OT crockpots kafirlily General Cooking 36 16-01-2010 03:31 AM
Crockpots don't work... Little Malice General Cooking 37 04-10-2006 06:48 AM
Rival Crockpots. sandy General Cooking 9 18-08-2004 04:22 AM
are all crockpots huge? abdul rahim General Cooking 26 03-12-2003 04:55 AM