Old 11-10-2008, 03:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I tried the new V8 Soups

Sheldon wrote:
Omelet wrote:

lol I have a lot of stock ingredients in the
freezer at the moment.

Why did this image just flash through
my mind of the Texas chain saw massacre? hehe

Ever see the campy film "Eating Raoul"? LOL

Jill

Old 11-10-2008, 04:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 11 Oct 2008 07:52:34a, jmcquown told us...

Sheldon wrote:
Omelet wrote:

lol I have a lot of stock ingredients in the
freezer at the moment.

Why did this image just flash through
my mind of the Texas chain saw massacre? hehe

Ever see the campy film "Eating Raoul"? LOL

Jill

Yes, funny!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 10(X)/11(XI)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
4wks 2dys 15hrs 20mins
How come our cat runs the house but
pays no bills?
Old 11-10-2008, 07:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"jmcquown" wrote:

Sheldon wrote:
Omelet wrote:

lol I have a lot of stock ingredients in the
freezer at the moment.

Why did this image just flash through
my mind of the Texas chain saw massacre? hehe

Ever see the campy film "Eating Raoul"? LOL

Jill

I have... EWWWW!!!
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Old 22-10-2008, 05:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Some people pointed out that you could make this cheaper. I'm the
only one in my household who a) likes various soups, b) works at home
so sometimes being able to open a box is a Good Thing (especially
squash or tomato soups). Getting four meals for the price is a good,
labor saving deal.

I also save meat/chicken 'pieces parts' and make stock about every six
months. I reduce it, then freeze in half-cups in a non-stick-sprayed
muffin tin and put the frozen pucks into the cheapest sandwich bags I
can find (the don't really freezer-burn), We use the pucks as an
ingredient OR we also use them to 'enhance' canned chicken noodle soup
(household choice for illness).

I'm looking for the discussed product in my markets now and haven't
seen it. Which is odd because we're usually the 'test market' capitol
of the world (KC, MO).

On Oct 9, 1:24*pm, Anthony Ferrante
wrote:
Today, I tried one of the new Cambell's V8 soups
(http://www.campbellsv8soup.com/) and it was everything I hoped for
and more. The one I tried was the Sweet Red Pepper. And it was very
thick, mildly spicy, but not hot at all, and the taste was fabulous!

Initially, when I saw it at the store, I thought that is was a small
package, but it is 18 oz, so it is over a pound. Not bad. The first
thing I noticed was when I opened the container, how slowly the soup
poured out as it was that thick. I thought as it poured that this
would be a great to pour over cabbage rolls.

I bought two different soups and the other one I got is Southwestern
Corn. I cannot wait to try this. If you click the link I provided
above, you will see the other varieties they are currently offering.

The only thing missing was the crackers which I forgot to buy.

Anthony

Soups On! 3-12-11 sf[_9_] General Cooking 10 13-03-2011 07:52 PM
Soups Jen P. General Cooking 8 27-11-2009 11:14 PM
Soups On!!!! Christine Dabney General Cooking 86 15-10-2008 02:58 AM
Soups on hahabogus General Cooking 1 23-03-2008 05:22 PM
Can soups without MSG? Richard Miller Vegan 3 19-01-2004 09:24 AM