Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "The Joy of Cooking" - Frozen Foods

I saw at the store last night that a company called Bellisio Foods (of
Budget Gourmet and Michelina’s fame <cough>) has come out out with a
line of "Joy of Cooking"(tm) endorsed foodstuffs: Frozen pre-baked
breads and rolls, frozen cut up veggies and sides, and family-sized
stir-and serve entrees - mostly Italian-style foodstuffs.

The packages prominently advertise the fact that they're co-opting with
the book of the same name - the cover art of the book and the outer
packaging of the food is identical. There has been no attempt to match
the foods in the packages with any of the recipes in the actual book.

Does anybody else see any irony in this? Any at all?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>I saw at the store last night that a company called Bellisio Foods (of
>Budget Gourmet and Michelina’s fame <cough>) has come out out with a line
>of "Joy of Cooking"(tm) endorsed foodstuffs: Frozen pre-baked breads and
>rolls, frozen cut up veggies and sides, and family-sized stir-and serve
>entrees - mostly Italian-style foodstuffs.
>
> The packages prominently advertise the fact that they're co-opting with
> the book of the same name - the cover art of the book and the outer
> packaging of the food is identical. There has been no attempt to match
> the foods in the packages with any of the recipes in the actual book.
>
> Does anybody else see any irony in this? Any at all?
>
> -sw

Well, it gives me no joy at all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> I saw at the store last night that a company called Bellisio Foods (of
> Budget Gourmet and Michelina’s fame <cough>) has come out out with a
> line of "Joy of Cooking"(tm) endorsed foodstuffs: Frozen pre-baked
> breads and rolls, frozen cut up veggies and sides, and family-sized
> stir-and serve entrees - mostly Italian-style foodstuffs.
>
> The packages prominently advertise the fact that they're co-opting with
> the book of the same name - the cover art of the book and the outer
> packaging of the food is identical. There has been no attempt to match
> the foods in the packages with any of the recipes in the actual book.
>
> Does anybody else see any irony in this? Any at all?
>
> -sw

If cooking is such a *joy* then why resort to using pre-made frozen foods.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 02 Oct 2008 11:11:53a, Scott told us...

> If cooking is such a *joy* then why resort to using pre-made frozen foods.

Because no one wrote a book entitled, "The Joy of Thawing".

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Thursday, 10(X)/02(II)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
5wks 4dys 12hrs 1mins
An aquarium is interactive television
for cats.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Scott wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>> I saw at the store last night that a company called Bellisio Foods (of
>> Budget Gourmet and Michelina’s fame <cough>) has come out out with a
>> line of "Joy of Cooking"(tm) endorsed foodstuffs: Frozen pre-baked
>> breads and rolls, frozen cut up veggies and sides, and family-sized
>> stir-and serve entrees - mostly Italian-style foodstuffs.
>>
>> The packages prominently advertise the fact that they're co-opting
>> with the book of the same name - the cover art of the book and the
>> outer packaging of the food is identical. There has been no attempt
>> to match the foods in the packages with any of the recipes in the
>> actual book.
>>
>> Does anybody else see any irony in this? Any at all?
>>
>> -sw

> If cooking is such a *joy* then why resort to using pre-made frozen foods.

My sentiments, exactly!

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 12:52:18 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>I saw at the store last night that a company called Bellisio Foods (of
>Budget Gourmet and Michelina’s fame <cough>) has come out out with a
>line of "Joy of Cooking"(tm) endorsed foodstuffs: Frozen pre-baked
>breads and rolls, frozen cut up veggies and sides, and family-sized
>stir-and serve entrees - mostly Italian-style foodstuffs.
>
>The packages prominently advertise the fact that they're co-opting with
>the book of the same name - the cover art of the book and the outer
>packaging of the food is identical. There has been no attempt to match
>the foods in the packages with any of the recipes in the actual book.
>
>Does anybody else see any irony in this? Any at all?

Because they didn't think anyone would buy it if they called it 'the
Joy of not having to stand over the stove'? I bought one of their
lasagnas on sale but I haven't tried it yet... those frozen foods seem
pretty expensive to me - if you do what they want you to and buy a
meat dish, a starch/vegetable dish, AND a bread you'll be shelling out
over twenty bucks for your meal. The lasagna box has directions for
making it 'over the top' by adding extra cheese and pepperoni to it
but that seems pretty pointless to me. Why buy a frozen meal if you're
going to mess with it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 02 Oct 2008 11:11:53a, Scott told us...
>
>> If cooking is such a *joy* then why resort to using pre-made frozen foods.
>>

> Because no one wrote a book entitled, "The Joy of Thawing".

LOL! I can just see the sequence: "The Joy of Nuking"

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Scott wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > Does anybody else see any irony in this? Any at all?

> If cooking is such a *joy* then why resort to using pre-made frozen foods.

Which shows why this marketing concept is doomed
to failure. The people to whom JoC would resonate
are not the people who would buy the product.
Some dopey marketing executive (who doesn't cook)
invented the concept, and now some corporation
is going to spend millions of bucks trying and
failing to make a business out of it. If they
had just asked the right people, they could have
saved all that money.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 2, 2:33*pm, Kajikit > wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 12:52:18 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> >I saw at the store last night that a company called Bellisio Foods (of
> >Budget Gourmet and Michelina’s fame <cough>) has come out out with a
> >line of "Joy of Cooking"(tm) endorsed foodstuffs: *Frozen pre-baked
> >breads and rolls, frozen cut up veggies and sides, and family-sized
> >stir-and serve entrees - mostly Italian-style foodstuffs.

I haven't seen the JOY frozen stuff, but I've purchased the Stouffers
brand "big family" frozen foods several times. They usually cost
around $8-12 and feed 6-12 people. They are excellent in taste and
quality, but I don't bother reading the nutrtitional information so I
don't know if they have lots of sodium and other stuff. OTOH, they
are great for when the kids are over unexpectedly and I haven't
planned for them, plus it's very seldom I use them. The enchiladas
are really good, and so is the lasagna.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> Scott wrote:
>>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>> >
>> > Does anybody else see any irony in this? Any at all?

>> If cooking is such a *joy* then why resort to using pre-made frozen
>> foods.

> Which shows why this marketing concept is doomed
> to failure. The people to whom JoC would resonate
> are not the people who would buy the product.
> Some dopey marketing executive (who doesn't cook)
> invented the concept, and now some corporation
> is going to spend millions of bucks trying and
> failing to make a business out of it. If they
> had just asked the right people, they could have
> saved all that money.

Actually they will make millions. The people that will buy it probably never
opened the book and will think it is cooked with recipes from the book. It's
like putting a big sign on the box claiming home cooked meal, without false
advertizing.

Robert

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 02 Oct 2008 01:03:19p, Janet Wilder told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Thu 02 Oct 2008 11:11:53a, Scott told us...
>>
>>> If cooking is such a *joy* then why resort to using pre-made frozen
>>> foods.
>>>

>> Because no one wrote a book entitled, "The Joy of Thawing".
>>

> LOL! I can just see the sequence: "The Joy of Nuking"

LOL!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Thursday, 10(X)/02(II)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
5wks 4dys 10hrs 51mins
Cats must lie on clean laundry just
after its been folded.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Robert wrote:
> "Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
>> Scott wrote:

>>> If cooking is such a *joy* then why resort to using pre-made frozen
>>> foods.

>> Which shows why this marketing concept is doomed
>> to failure. The people to whom JoC would resonate
>> are not the people who would buy the product.
>> Some dopey marketing executive (who doesn't cook)
>> invented the concept, and now some corporation
>> is going to spend millions of bucks trying and
>> failing to make a business out of it. If they
>> had just asked the right people, they could have
>> saved all that money.

> Actually they will make millions. The people that will buy it
> probably never opened the book and will think it is cooked with
> recipes from the book. It's like putting a big sign on the box
> claiming home cooked meal, without false advertizing.
>
> Robert

Exactly.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 2, 3:33*pm, Kajikit > wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 12:52:18 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> >I saw at the store last night that a company called Bellisio Foods (of
> >Budget Gourmet and Michelina’s fame <cough>) has come out out with a
> >line of "Joy of Cooking"(tm) endorsed foodstuffs: *Frozen pre-baked
> >breads and rolls, frozen cut up veggies and sides, and family-sized
> >stir-and serve entrees - mostly Italian-style foodstuffs.

> >The packages prominently advertise the fact that they're co-opting with
> >the book of the same name - the cover art of the book and the outer
> >packaging of the food is identical. *There has been no attempt to match
> >the foods in the packages with any of the recipes in the actual book.

> >Does anybody else see any irony in this? *Any at all?

> Because they didn't think anyone would buy it if they called it 'the
> Joy of not having to stand over the stove'? I bought one of their
> lasagnas on sale but I haven't tried it yet... those frozen foods seem
> pretty expensive to me - if you do what they want you to and buy a
> meat dish, a starch/vegetable dish, AND a bread you'll be shelling out
> over twenty bucks for your meal. The lasagna box has directions for
> making it 'over the top' by adding extra cheese and pepperoni to it
> but that seems pretty pointless to me. Why buy a frozen meal if you're
> going to mess with it?

So that you can feel like you've done something for your family,
without
actually having had to do very much at all.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> I saw at the store last night that a company called Bellisio Foods (of
> Budget Gourmet and Michelina’s fame <cough>) has come out out with a
> line of "Joy of Cooking"(tm) endorsed foodstuffs: Frozen pre-baked
> breads and rolls, frozen cut up veggies and sides, and family-sized
> stir-and serve entrees - mostly Italian-style foodstuffs.
>
> The packages prominently advertise the fact that they're co-opting with
> the book of the same name - the cover art of the book and the outer
> packaging of the food is identical. There has been no attempt to match
> the foods in the packages with any of the recipes in the actual book.
>
> Does anybody else see any irony in this? Any at all?
>
> -sw

They at least could have called it "The Joy of NOT Cooking"....

;-)
gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> I saw at the store last night that a company called Bellisio Foods (of
> Budget Gourmet and Michelina’s fame <cough>) has come out out with a
> line of "Joy of Cooking"(tm) endorsed foodstuffs: Frozen pre-baked
> breads and rolls, frozen cut up veggies and sides, and family-sized
> stir-and serve entrees - mostly Italian-style foodstuffs.
>
> The packages prominently advertise the fact that they're co-opting with
> the book of the same name - the cover art of the book and the outer
> packaging of the food is identical. There has been no attempt to match
> the foods in the packages with any of the recipes in the actual book.
>
> Does anybody else see any irony in this? Any at all?
>
> -sw

The joy of not cooking?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> I saw at the store last night that a company called Bellisio Foods (of
> Budget Gourmet and Michelina’s fame <cough>) has come out out with a
> line of "Joy of Cooking"(tm) endorsed foodstuffs: Frozen pre-baked
> breads and rolls, frozen cut up veggies and sides, and family-sized
> stir-and serve entrees - mostly Italian-style foodstuffs.
>
> The packages prominently advertise the fact that they're co-opting with
> the book of the same name - the cover art of the book and the outer
> packaging of the food is identical. There has been no attempt to match
> the foods in the packages with any of the recipes in the actual book.
>
> Does anybody else see any irony in this? Any at all?
>
> -sw

There's irony everywhere. The makers of this food line were mostly
interested in selling their frozen crap by aligning it with a
well-respected name.

I find "The Joy of Cooking" to be quite ironic, at least it's unlikely
that you'll see me wearing an idiotic grin while cooking. The non-ironic
title should be more properly be "The Joy on Having Some Other Person
Cooking for You the Recipes in this Cookbook Cookbook."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> I saw at the store last night that a company called Bellisio Foods (of
> Budget Gourmet and Michelina’s fame <cough>) has come out out with a
> line of "Joy of Cooking"(tm) endorsed foodstuffs: Frozen pre-baked
> breads and rolls, frozen cut up veggies and sides, and family-sized
> stir-and serve entrees - mostly Italian-style foodstuffs.
>
> The packages prominently advertise the fact that they're co-opting with
> the book of the same name - the cover art of the book and the outer
> packaging of the food is identical. There has been no attempt to match
> the foods in the packages with any of the recipes in the actual book.
>
> Does anybody else see any irony in this? Any at all?

Well, there goes JoC's credibility.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > Does anybody else see any irony in this? Any at all?

> Well, there goes JoC's credibility.

Sort of like the way Warren Buffett's companies
buy up old, respected brands -- then move all the
manufacturing to China and sell cheap crap until
the public wises up and those old brand names
don't mean anything anymore. Though I think this
may be the first time a book had a tie-in to marketing
food products, since Duncan Hines (who was famous for
his book _Adventures_in_Good_Eating_).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 > wrote:

> I haven't seen the JOY frozen stuff, but I've purchased the Stouffers
> brand "big family" frozen foods several times. They usually cost
> around $8-12 and feed 6-12 people. They are excellent in taste and
> quality, but I don't bother reading the nutrtitional information so I
> don't know if they have lots of sodium and other stuff.

The Stouffers brand is excellent. If they start co-opting their
entrees out to a celebrity or any other fufu endorsement, I'll stop
buying them. The prices will go up 50%, just liek they did when
Paula Deen started endorsing that Smithfield Pork shit (and who
better to endorse it than a porker).

Stouffers have a well-established brand at a price point, flavor,
and convenience that made them famous. Their ingredient statements
are straight-forward and appeal to those of us who read them.

Stouffer's is the only one who hasn't sold out yet.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote:

> Well, there goes JoC's credibility.

In all fairness, the JoC goes back a long way and has been a staple
in many households for a half a century. You can't discount that.

I propose we all do an 'Andy' when we see these in the stores.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> The non-ironic
> title should be more properly be "The Joy on Having Some Other Person
> Cooking for You the Recipes in this Cookbook Cookbook."

Years ago, before I knew better, I was involved with a group that sought
to help people eat more healthily by giving lessons in cooking natural
foods. Silly me, I went with the idea that I'd teach people how to
cook. Little by little, it dawned on me that the other teachers all had
restaurants. They'd demo how something was made in their restaurant,
but the real agenda was advertising. It wasn't about teaching people to
do something for themselves. It was about convincing people that it
would be easier to have some other person cook this recipe for you.

Since then, I've seen the concept everywhere. All those do it yourself
shows on DYI and HGTV? It looks like they're showing people how to
simple and not so simple things at home. The reality is that people
watch the shows, then go to farm stores to demand the items ready made.
Martha Stewart? All advertising.

Me, I was naive enough to believe that the classes weren't supposed to
be advertising, but I suppose enough people have grown up with the
concept that they expect any book of instructions to be advertising.
They see the real Joy of Cooking and look around for the pre-prepared
product. I mean, for them, what else would a cookbook be for?

--Lia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> Scott wrote:
>>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>> >
>> > Does anybody else see any irony in this? Any at all?

>> If cooking is such a *joy* then why resort to using pre-made frozen
>> foods.

> Which shows why this marketing concept is doomed
> to failure. The people to whom JoC would resonate
> are not the people who would buy the product.
> Some dopey marketing executive (who doesn't cook)
> invented the concept, and now some corporation
> is going to spend millions of bucks trying and
> failing to make a business out of it. If they
> had just asked the right people, they could have
> saved all that money.

I have to argue. I think it will succeed with the yuppie crowd who are
feeling guilty that they aren't cooking at the JoC level.

(Is yuppie even a term used anymore?)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julia Altshuler wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>> The non-ironic title should be more properly be "The Joy on Having
>> Some Other Person Cooking for You the Recipes in this Cookbook Cookbook."

> Years ago, before I knew better, I was involved with a group that sought
> to help people eat more healthily by giving lessons in cooking natural
> foods. Silly me, I went with the idea that I'd teach people how to
> cook. Little by little, it dawned on me that the other teachers all had
> restaurants. They'd demo how something was made in their restaurant,
> but the real agenda was advertising. It wasn't about teaching people to
> do something for themselves. It was about convincing people that it
> would be easier to have some other person cook this recipe for you.
>

> Since then, I've seen the concept everywhere. All those do it yourself
> shows on DYI and HGTV? It looks like they're showing people how to
> simple and not so simple things at home. The reality is that people
> watch the shows, then go to farm stores to demand the items ready made.
> Martha Stewart? All advertising.
>

> Me, I was naive enough to believe that the classes weren't supposed to
> be advertising, but I suppose enough people have grown up with the
> concept that they expect any book of instructions to be advertising.
> They see the real Joy of Cooking and look around for the pre-prepared
> product. I mean, for them, what else would a cookbook be for?
>

> --Lia

Welcome to our modern world. The truth is that cooking is what most
folks do because they have to. It's always been that way from the
beginning. Present company excluded? Is it possible for cooking to be
recreational?

My guess is that even folks that get paid to cook aren't grinning over
the burners - unless they happen to be on TV and the cameras are out.
Then they be grinning away crazy-like. The reality is that DIY shows are
entertainment and advertising under the guise of spreading knowledge is
rampant these days.

No doubt there was some joy when I made my first cheesecake, or lasagna,
or batch of baklava but these days, it's mostly been there, done all
that. But it's true that there doesn't have to be joy in Mudville at all
times and if I wanna get my kicks there's all kinds of other avenues.

With the avant of the internet, there's no reason for me to own a
cookbook as long as there's a computer and broadband access available.
How great is that? A world of recipes at my fingertip. Anyway, there is
a book on basic French cooking I wish I had. I borrowed it from the
library while I was in high school and have been looking for it since
the 70's. Other than that and a small paperback by Craig Claiborne, I
don't need no stinkin' cookbooks. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 20:18:27 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Nancy2 > wrote:
>
>> I haven't seen the JOY frozen stuff, but I've purchased the Stouffers
>> brand "big family" frozen foods several times. They usually cost
>> around $8-12 and feed 6-12 people. They are excellent in taste and
>> quality, but I don't bother reading the nutrtitional information so I
>> don't know if they have lots of sodium and other stuff.

>The Stouffers brand is excellent. If they start co-opting their
>entrees out to a celebrity or any other fufu endorsement, I'll stop
>buying them. The prices will go up 50%, just liek they did when
>Paula Deen started endorsing that Smithfield Pork shit (and who
>better to endorse it than a porker).
>
>Stouffers have a well-established brand at a price point, flavor,
>and convenience that made them famous. Their ingredient statements
>are straight-forward and appeal to those of us who read them.
>
>Stouffer's is the only one who hasn't sold out yet.

The only frozen dinners I've tried and liked enough to want to buy
again are Stouffers and lean cuisine (also made by Stouffers!) The
other ones we've tried have either been eminently forgettable and
miserably portioned (healthy choice), salty and greasy enough to choke
a horse (Marie Callendar) or just plain inedible (Michelinas)... I
don't dare to even contemplate the horror that is 'hungry man' and the
equivelant.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 20:30:11 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> Dave Smith > wrote:
>
>> Well, there goes JoC's credibility.

> In all fairness, the JoC goes back a long way and has been a staple
> in many households for a half a century. You can't discount that.

also in all fairness, irma rombauer thought convenience foods had their
place in certain times and circumstances. whole entrees might not be that
time, but still.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kajikit wrote:

> The only frozen dinners I've tried and liked enough to want to buy
> again are Stouffers and lean cuisine (also made by Stouffers!) The
> other ones we've tried have either been eminently forgettable and
> miserably portioned (healthy choice), salty and greasy enough to choke
> a horse (Marie Callendar) or just plain inedible (Michelinas)... I
> don't dare to even contemplate the horror that is 'hungry man' and the
> equivelant.

You need to try Amy's Organic frozen dinners (individual sized, not the
family dinners that Stouffer's puts out). They're VERY, very tasty.
Spicy and flavorful. I've not had a bad one yet. A bit pricy but still
cheaper and healthier than a meal from MickyD's.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> I saw at the store last night that a company called Bellisio Foods (of
> Budget Gourmet and Michelina’s fame <cough>) has come out out with a
> line of "Joy of Cooking"(tm) endorsed foodstuffs: Frozen pre-baked
> breads and rolls, frozen cut up veggies and sides, and family-sized
> stir-and serve entrees - mostly Italian-style foodstuffs.
>
> The packages prominently advertise the fact that they're co-opting with
> the book of the same name - the cover art of the book and the outer
> packaging of the food is identical. There has been no attempt to match
> the foods in the packages with any of the recipes in the actual book.
>
> Does anybody else see any irony in this? Any at all?
>
> -sw

That sounds very strange. I guess the current generation just
wants some money from the deal, regardless of whether it is
appropriate or not.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kajikit wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 12:52:18 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>> I saw at the store last night that a company called Bellisio Foods (of
>> Budget Gourmet and Michelina’s fame <cough>) has come out out with a
>> line of "Joy of Cooking"(tm) endorsed foodstuffs: Frozen pre-baked
>> breads and rolls, frozen cut up veggies and sides, and family-sized
>> stir-and serve entrees - mostly Italian-style foodstuffs.
>>
>> The packages prominently advertise the fact that they're co-opting with
>> the book of the same name - the cover art of the book and the outer
>> packaging of the food is identical. There has been no attempt to match
>> the foods in the packages with any of the recipes in the actual book.
>>
>> Does anybody else see any irony in this? Any at all?

> Because they didn't think anyone would buy it if they called it 'the
> Joy of not having to stand over the stove'? I bought one of their
> lasagnas on sale but I haven't tried it yet... those frozen foods seem
> pretty expensive to me - if you do what they want you to and buy a
> meat dish, a starch/vegetable dish, AND a bread you'll be shelling out
> over twenty bucks for your meal. The lasagna box has directions for
> making it 'over the top' by adding extra cheese and pepperoni to it
> but that seems pretty pointless to me. Why buy a frozen meal if you're
> going to mess with it?

Are the ingredients things one might find in one's kitchen? I'm
going to have to look for these things, but the thought it very
odd, to say the least.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder wrote:
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Thu 02 Oct 2008 11:11:53a, Scott told us...
>>
>>> If cooking is such a *joy* then why resort to using pre-made frozen
>>> foods.
>>>

>> Because no one wrote a book entitled, "The Joy of Thawing".
>>

> LOL! I can just see the sequence: "The Joy of Nuking"

With the same design as the JoC.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria P wrote:
> They at least could have called it "The Joy of NOT Cooking"....
>
> ;-)
> gloria p

They could put that "NOT" in microscopic letters--or have it more
obvious as kind-of a joke?

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>> I saw at the store last night that a company called Bellisio Foods (of
>> Budget Gourmet and Michelina’s fame <cough>) has come out out with a
>> line of "Joy of Cooking"(tm) endorsed foodstuffs: Frozen pre-baked
>> breads and rolls, frozen cut up veggies and sides, and family-sized
>> stir-and serve entrees - mostly Italian-style foodstuffs.
>>
>> The packages prominently advertise the fact that they're co-opting
>> with the book of the same name - the cover art of the book and the
>> outer packaging of the food is identical. There has been no attempt
>> to match the foods in the packages with any of the recipes in the
>> actual book.
>>
>> Does anybody else see any irony in this? Any at all?
>>

> Well, there goes JoC's credibility.

It went with the blasphemous editions that preceded the 75th
anniversary edition.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.247...
> On Thu 02 Oct 2008 01:03:19p, Janet Wilder told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Thu 02 Oct 2008 11:11:53a, Scott told us...

>>> Because no one wrote a book entitled, "The Joy of Thawing".
>>>

>> LOL! I can just see the sequence: "The Joy of Nuking"
>>

> LOL!
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright
> (correct the spelling of "geemail" to reply)

> Date: Thursday, 10(X)/02(II)/08(MMVIII)
> Countdown till Veteran's Day
> 5wks 4dys 10hrs 51mins
> Cats must lie on clean laundry just
> after its been folded.

McCain wants to write that book

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 22:12:21 -0700, Mike wrote:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> 5.247...

>>> LOL! I can just see the sequence: "The Joy of Nuking"
>>>

>> LOL!
>>

> McCain wants to write that book

i think that would have to be 'the joy of nuking brown people.'

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 22:12:21 -0700, Mike wrote:
>
> > "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> > 5.247...
> >> On Thu 02 Oct 2008 01:03:19p, Janet Wilder told us...

> >> LOL!
> >>

> > McCain wants to write that book

> i think that would have to be 'the joy of nuking brown people.'
>
> your pal,
> blake

If they are ragheads, sure...nuking those pukes would be doing the world a
*big* favor...

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking