Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jay Jay is offline

Default Crock pot recipes

Time to share!
I use mine to do beef dishes, chicken thigh dishes, corned beef etc.
Looking for some other ideas.

Nothing too fancy or involved, the beauty (for me) of a crock pot is
that you put in on at 7am before work and enjoy it when you come home.
My brain is not capable of complex recipes/techniques at 7am!

I want to "throw in" the good stuff and reap the rewards 9 hours later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jay wrote:
> Time to share!
> I use mine to do beef dishes, chicken thigh dishes, corned beef etc.
> Looking for some other ideas.
>
> Nothing too fancy or involved, the beauty (for me) of a crock pot is
> that you put in on at 7am before work and enjoy it when you come home.
> My brain is not capable of complex recipes/techniques at 7am!
>
> I want to "throw in" the good stuff and reap the rewards 9 hours
> later.

Bean soup with smoked ham hocks.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jay" > wrote in message
> Time to share!
> I use mine to do beef dishes, chicken thigh dishes, corned beef etc.
> Looking for some other ideas.
>
> Nothing too fancy or involved, the beauty (for me) of a crock pot is
> that you put in on at 7am before work and enjoy it when you come home.
> My brain is not capable of complex recipes/techniques at 7am!
>
> I want to "throw in" the good stuff and reap the rewards 9 hours later.

Beef brisket or pork shoulder.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 2, 3:32*am, Jay > wrote:
> Time to share!
> I use mine to do beef dishes, chicken thigh dishes, corned beef etc.
> Looking for some other ideas.
>
> Nothing too fancy or involved, the beauty (for me) of a crock pot is
> that you put in on at 7am before work and enjoy it when you come home.
> My brain is not capable of complex recipes/techniques at 7am!
>
> I want to "throw in" the good stuff and reap the rewards 9 hours later.

Warning: I haven't made this yet but my daughter (who, at 26, is just
now learning to cook!) has. She used "no-boil" lasagna noodles but
the recepie calls for just regular. It "only" takes 4 or 5 hours, but
you could put it on a timer or set it to change to "warm" after 5
hours. Her fiance (the SKINNY one) scarfed down most of it at one
sitting!

Crockpot Lasagna
Ingredients
• 1* pound ground beef or turkey or bulk Italian sausage
• 1* teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2* teaspoon salt
• 1/4* teaspoon red-pepper flakes
• 1* container (15 ounces) ricotta
• 2* cups (8-ounce package) shredded Italian-blend cheese
• 1* package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed
dry
• 12* lasagna noodles (12 ounces), uncooked and broken in half
• 1* jar (26 ounces) chunky pasta sauce with mushrooms and green
pepper
• 1/2* cup water
• * Grated Parmesan (optional)
Directions
1. In nonstick skillet, brown meat over medium-high, breaking up
clumps, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with oregano,
salt and pepper flakes. Remove from heat.
2. In bowl, mix ricotta, cheese blend and spinach.
3. In oval 5-1/2-quart slow cooker, layer half the noodles,
overlapping as necessary. Spoon on half the meat mixture. Pour on half
the pasta sauce and half the water. Spread half the cheese mixture on
top. Repeat layering.
4. Cover slow cooker; cook on low heat 4-1/2 hours.
5. To serve, cut into 8 equal pieces. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese,
if desired. Makes 8 servings.

Good luck!
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jay" > wrote in message
> Time to share!
> I use mine to do beef dishes, chicken thigh dishes, corned beef etc.
> Looking for some other ideas.
>
> Nothing too fancy or involved, the beauty (for me) of a crock pot is
> that you put in on at 7am before work and enjoy it when you come home.
> My brain is not capable of complex recipes/techniques at 7am!
>
> I want to "throw in" the good stuff and reap the rewards 9 hours later.

Pork leg (Picnic) browned on the oven then placed in the Crockpot on a bed
of Onion & sauerkraut. + 1/2 cup white wine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo wrote:

> 1. In nonstick skillet, brown meat over medium-high, breaking up
> clumps, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with oregano,
> salt and pepper flakes. Remove from heat.

I would brown the meat in olive oil, onion and garlic.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 2, 12:49*pm, Scott > wrote:
> Lynn from Fargo wrote:
> > 1. In nonstick skillet, brown meat over medium-high, breaking up
> > clumps, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with oregano,
> > salt and pepper flakes. Remove from heat.

> I would brown the meat in olive oil, onion and garlic.

Me too, but she panics if she has to saute onions, garlic etc with the
meat - hence the jarred sauce with mushrooms & green pepper. She left
out the spinach too :-( (She put in some basil and garlic with the
ricotta & cheese stuff.) I spent most of her formative years trying
to get her to learn to cook. It took the right guy - not to teach
her, for her to feed!
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 09:37:33 -0500, "tvor" > wrote:

>"Jay" > wrote in message
>> Time to share!
>> I use mine to do beef dishes, chicken thigh dishes, corned beef etc.
>> Looking for some other ideas.
>>
>> Nothing too fancy or involved, the beauty (for me) of a crock pot is
>> that you put in on at 7am before work and enjoy it when you come home.
>> My brain is not capable of complex recipes/techniques at 7am!
>>
>> I want to "throw in" the good stuff and reap the rewards 9 hours later.

>Beef brisket or pork shoulder.

Slow Cooker Bunkhouse Beans

1 cup salsa
2/3 cup barbecue sauce
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
5 hot dogs, sliced
3 tablespoons dried minced onion
2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans, drained
1 (15.5 ounce) can chili beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can butter beans or lima beans, drained

Dump it all into a slow cooker and cook 'till the hotdogs are done.

Note: I use smoked sausage or kielbasa instead of weenies ( I also fry them 'till
they're black and crunchy on the outside before cutting them up but hey I'm crazy as a
pet coon)

Note2: I always triple the recipe but only increase the brown sugar by 1/3 (1 cup
total)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 3, 5:59*am, " > wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 09:37:33 -0500, "tvor" > wrote:
>
> >"Jay" > wrote in message
> >> Time to share!
> >> I use mine to do beef dishes, chicken thigh dishes, corned beef etc.
> >> Looking for some other ideas.

> >> Nothing too fancy or involved, the beauty (for me) of a crock pot is
> >> that you put in on at 7am before work and enjoy it when you come home.
> >> My brain is not capable of complex recipes/techniques at 7am!

> >> I want to "throw in" the good stuff and reap the rewards 9 hours later..

> >Beef brisket or pork shoulder.

> Slow Cooker Bunkhouse Beans
>
> 1 cup salsa
> 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
> 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
> 5 hot dogs, *sliced
> 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
> 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans, drained
> 1 (15.5 ounce) can chili beans, drained
> 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans or lima beans, drained
>
> Dump it all into a slow cooker and cook 'till the hotdogs are done.
>
> Note: I use smoked sausage or kielbasa instead of weenies ( I also fry them 'till
> they're black and crunchy on the outside before cutting them up but hey I'm crazy as a
> pet coon)
>
> Note2: I always triple the recipe but only increase the brown sugar by 1/3 (1 cup
> total)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jay" > wrote in message
> Time to share!
> I use mine to do beef dishes, chicken thigh dishes, corned beef etc.
> Looking for some other ideas.
>
> Nothing too fancy or involved, the beauty (for me) of a crock pot is
> that you put in on at 7am before work and enjoy it when you come home.
> My brain is not capable of complex recipes/techniques at 7am!
>
> I want to "throw in" the good stuff and reap the rewards 9 hours later.

http://www.cookingcache.com/cat/croc...s/default.aspx

http://www.crock-pot-recipes.info/

Google is your friend.

crock pot recipes Ria General Cooking 32 29-01-2006 11:07 AM
Crock Pot Recipes ? TODD TAMANEND CLARK Mexican Cooking 22 11-11-2005 10:21 PM
Crock Pot Recipes ? TODD TAMANEND CLARK General Cooking 23 11-11-2005 10:21 PM
Low Carb Crock Pot Recipes Kat Newsgroups General Cooking 12 14-03-2005 08:41 PM
summer crock pot recipes??? SPOONS General Cooking 4 11-06-2004 02:32 AM