Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default No savings in home gardening?

"cshenk" wrote:
> "Sheldon" wrote
>
> >Wierd how so many have boasted of their gardening prowess and
> >knock mine yet in all these years I've still to _see_ even one vegetable
> >garden posted here other than my own.

> Thats because you do not listen to the others who have them

Listen... anyone can type anything on usenet... look up the word
"see".

Merriam Webster

see

verb

1 a: to perceive by the eye
---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon" wrote
"cshenk" wrote:

>> Dude, someone needs to show you how to shop. ?Unfortunately, your seem
>> resistant to suggestions on how to do things more cheaply.

>I don't look for cheap, cheap is expensive.

That's because you are not aware of the differences. You are like the guy
who will by the exact same tool at 20$ more because 'Kmart is cheap' so pay
20$ more for the same manufacturer and model elsewhere.

>> With as much land as you seem to have, putting them to the side is not an
>> issue so you do not need collapsable units. People like me may, but not
>> you.

>It works for you, but I don't choose to live with piles of crap strewn
>all about my property, trailer trash style... one can only imagine the
>weed lot you call a garden.

What makes you think my yard is other than than a show place? It's just
small. Wood pile on one end, container plants along another, and shit from
you carefully used to build up the other side since not even acid can leach
that down. I think it looks rather nice. Need a little more shit please.
There's one corner not just yet filled.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"cshenk" > wrote:

> Sheldon" wrote
> "cshenk" wrote:
>
> >> Dude, someone needs to show you how to shop. ?Unfortunately, your seem
> >> resistant to suggestions on how to do things more cheaply.

> >I don't look for cheap, cheap is expensive.

> That's because you are not aware of the differences. You are like the guy
> who will by the exact same tool at 20$ more because 'Kmart is cheap' so pay
> 20$ more for the same manufacturer and model elsewhere.

I seldom agree with Sheldon, but I've taken a particular dislike to our
local Kmart. Yeah, it's cheap, but it's expensive. We bought some kind
of plastic toy for our son, I think it was a little trike. It was
missing an essential part, and was completely unusable. We took it back
and got our money back. Next time we went to Kmart, there it was back
on the shelf. When I looked at the box more closely, it was in bad
shape. I suspect it was sold many times, and many people tried to
assemble it, and returned it. Kmart just kept putting it back on the
shelf. At some point some sucker probably bought it for his grandkid,
and dropped it off far away with no receipt, and maybe no Kmart in the
area. Obviously, it would go in the trash, since it was unusable and
not returnable. Maybe your local Kmart is better, but I'd rather pay
another US$20 for something that works, rather than spending time and
energy buying it, trying to put it together and then returning it.

The employees at our local Kmart won't answer questions. Mostly it's
because they have no answers. They don't know where anything is, and
they're happy to tell you that. It's obvious that they just want you to
disappear. They have the most incredibly bad attitude that I've seen in
retail.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 22:16:19 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:

>The employees at our local Kmart won't answer questions. Mostly it's
>because they have no answers. They don't know where anything is, and
>they're happy to tell you that. It's obvious that they just want you to
>disappear. T

It's been a while, but shopping at the KMart in Corvallis Oregon was a
pleasure when I had the opportunity.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, sf wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 22:16:19 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:
>
> >The employees at our local Kmart won't answer questions. Mostly it's
> >because they have no answers. They don't know where anything is, and
> >they're happy to tell you that. It's obvious that they just want you to
> >disappear. T

> It's been a while, but shopping at the KMart in Corvallis Oregon was a
> pleasure when I had the opportunity.

I don't remember problems when I was a kid in Spokane, Washington, some
40+ years ago. Obviously, those pimply faced 18 year olds that I saw
more recently weren't working there back then. I suspect that they let
their very low prices, due to their tremendous buying power, make them
forget that some people value service in addition to low prices. Many
years ago, someone with considerable expertise in retail said that Kmart
got better prices from some major manufacturers than the *wholesalers*
did!

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Abel" wrote

>> That's because you are not aware of the differences. You are like the
>> guy
>> who will by the exact same tool at 20$ more because 'Kmart is cheap' so
>> pay
>> 20$ more for the same manufacturer and model elsewhere.

> I seldom agree with Sheldon, but I've taken a particular dislike to our
> local Kmart. Yeah, it's cheap, but it's expensive. We bought some kind

Understood but they were just an example. I dont actually shop at Kmart nor
Walmart except for the rare trip for something fairly specific with a name
brand. Mostly I shop at the exchange (Military).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> In article >, sf wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 22:16:19 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:
>>
>> >The employees at our local Kmart won't answer questions. Mostly it's
>> >because they have no answers. They don't know where anything is, and
>> >they're happy to tell you that. It's obvious that they just want you to
>> >disappear. T

>> It's been a while, but shopping at the KMart in Corvallis Oregon was a
>> pleasure when I had the opportunity.

> I don't remember problems when I was a kid in Spokane, Washington, some
> 40+ years ago. Obviously, those pimply faced 18 year olds that I saw
> more recently weren't working there back then. I suspect that they let
> their very low prices, due to their tremendous buying power, make them
> forget that some people value service in addition to low prices. Many
> years ago, someone with considerable expertise in retail said that Kmart
> got better prices from some major manufacturers than the *wholesalers*
> did!

Similar to what Walmart does now-except they dictate what they will pay for
the wholesale goods. If the wholesaler wants a higher price, Walmart won't
sell their products.

Absolutely Huge Savings! kimsyet Recipes 2 06-04-2011 03:06 AM
Daylight savings Dimitri General Cooking 1 13-03-2011 07:16 PM
Huge Grocery Savings! kimsyet General 0 08-02-2011 11:21 PM
30% or more savings on food Edwin Pawlowski General Cooking 4 20-10-2008 05:03 PM