Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cleaning Oil Spray Bottle

I have one of those oil spray bottles where you fill it with oil, pump it to
pressurize it, and can then spray a fine mist of oil on you pans.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean one?

I washed it, filled it with soapy water, pressurized it, and sprayed the
soapy water to try and clean the nozzle. Rinsed everything well, spraying
pure water (which came out in a fine mist), but now when I try and use it
for oil (I typically fill it with canola oil if that makes any difference),
all I manage to get is a stream from the nozzle instead of the fine mist I
got originally.

I'm not sure what changed when I tried to clean it, but does anyone have any
tips for restoring it to its original condition? (other than buying a new
one which is about where things stand now :-)

Thanks,
Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Paul B" > wrote:

> I have one of those oil spray bottles where you fill it with oil, pump it to
> pressurize it, and can then spray a fine mist of oil on you pans.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean one?
>
> I washed it, filled it with soapy water, pressurized it, and sprayed the
> soapy water to try and clean the nozzle. Rinsed everything well, spraying
> pure water (which came out in a fine mist), but now when I try and use it
> for oil (I typically fill it with canola oil if that makes any difference),
> all I manage to get is a stream from the nozzle instead of the fine mist I
> got originally.
>
> I'm not sure what changed when I tried to clean it, but does anyone have any
> tips for restoring it to its original condition? (other than buying a new
> one which is about where things stand now :-)
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

I plan to clean mine with some full strength vinegar to see if that will
help, too. I'm experiencing the sam' t'ing with my Pampered Chef oil
spritzer. I've had it many years. Truly, though, I don't mind the fine
stream all that much -- I can still make it do the job.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, and here's the link to my appearance
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 1, 5:03�pm, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> In article >,
> �"Paul B" > wrote:
>

> > I have one of those oil spray bottles where you fill it with oil, pump it to
> > pressurize it, and can then spray a fine mist of oil on you pans.

> > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean one?

> > I washed it, filled it with soapy water, pressurized it, and sprayed the
> > soapy water to try and clean the nozzle. �Rinsed everything well, spraying
> > pure water (which came out in a fine mist), but now when I try and use it
> > for oil (I typically fill it with canola oil if that makes any difference),
> > all I manage to get is a stream from the nozzle instead of the fine mist I
> > got originally.

> > I'm not sure what changed when I tried to clean it, but does anyone have any
> > tips for restoring it to its original condition? (other than buying a new
> > one which is about where things stand now :-)

> > Thanks,
> > Paul

> I plan to clean mine with some full strength vinegar to see if that will
> help, too. �I'm experiencing the sam' t'ing with my Pampered Chef oil
> spritzer. �I've had it many years. �Truly, though, I don't mind the fine
> stream all that much -- I can still make it do the job.

For what do you use an oil sprayer... I mostly lube stuff with a
grease gun... I enjoy latching it on to those slippery nipples.