Old 28-09-2008, 02:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chilaquiles

I decided to make chilaquiles using my new enchilada sauce recipe.

Cover the bottom of the casserole dish with some enchilada sauce.
http://i38.tinypic.com/2nrhvs1.jpg

I had some pre made tostada shells so I used those rather than frying
up some tortillas. Put in a layer of tortillas.
http://i38.tinypic.com/14mavwo.jpg

Add more enchilada sauce and some onion and cheese. I used Enchilado
Queso.
http://i37.tinypic.com/vd0hlx.jpg

Then do it all again. I usually make three layers.
http://i37.tinypic.com/35n0as9.jpg

Ready to bake in a 350* oven until hot and bubbly.
http://i37.tinypic.com/5nql1j.jpg

It's delicious.
http://i35.tinypic.com/16a47rp.jpg

koko

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 9/27

Old 28-09-2008, 04:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

koko fnord news:[email protected]
4ax.com:

I decided to make chilaquiles using my new enchilada sauce recipe.

Heh, you read my mind!

I'm making this for breakfast tomorrow

--
Saerah

"Welcome to Usenet, Biatch! Adapt or haul ass!"
- some hillbilly from FL
Old 28-09-2008, 01:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Saerah wrote on Sun, 28 Sep 2008 03:10:18 GMT:

I decided to make chilaquiles using my new enchilada sauce
recipe.

Heh, you read my mind!

I'm making this for breakfast tomorrow

For a moment I thought you were talking about the Oaxacan speciality:
chalupines. The local legend is that once you have eaten them you will
always come back to Oaxaca. I suppose I should mention that they are
fried grasshoppers!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Old 28-09-2008, 03:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:
[...]

Looks delicious. I usually make mine with eggs, or leftover chicken or
pork. I think I would enjoy yours just as well. Now I am getting
hungry. lol

Becca
Old 28-09-2008, 05:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 09:35:34 -0500, Becca
wrote:

koko wrote:
I decided to make chilaquiles using my new enchilada sauce recipe.

snippage

Looks delicious. I usually make mine with eggs, or leftover chicken or
pork. I think I would enjoy yours just as well. Now I am getting
hungry. lol

Becca

Thanks Becca,
I switch it up too, it depends on what leftovers I have in the fridge.
This was the first time I made them using the pre-fried tostada
shells. I really liked them, they add more flavor and it's quicker
than having to frying up some tortillas.

Old 28-09-2008, 09:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:
Looks delicious. I usually make mine with eggs, or leftover chicken or
pork. I think I would enjoy yours just as well. Now I am getting
hungry. lol

Becca

Thanks Becca,
I switch it up too, it depends on what leftovers I have in the fridge.
This was the first time I made them using the pre-fried tostada
shells. I really liked them, they add more flavor and it's quicker
than having to frying up some tortillas.

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 9/27

This is a great way to use the broken chips in the bottom of the bag.

Becca

Old 29-09-2008, 03:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Saerah wrote on Mon, 29 Sep 2008 01:10:16 GMT:

Saerah wrote on Sun, 28 Sep 2008 03:10:18 GMT:

I decided to make chilaquiles using my new enchilada sauce
recipe.

Heh, you read my mind!

I'm making this for breakfast tomorrow

For a moment I thought you were talking about the Oaxacan speciality:
chalupines. The local legend is that once you have eaten
them you

will
always come back to Oaxaca. I suppose I should mention that
they are fried grasshoppers!

I'd eat it. Maybe

My son did but he hasn't been back yet. I did try one of the ones he
ordered and they're not at all bad but very greasy!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Chilaquiles koko General Cooking 1 28-10-2014 01:26 AM
chilaquiles schwarze Mexican Cooking 3 18-07-2011 04:55 AM
Chilaquiles koko General Cooking 21 18-08-2009 12:39 AM
CHILAQUILES A1 WBarfieldsr Mexican Cooking 2 30-10-2003 08:35 PM