FoodBanter.com

-   -   Hot Woks (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/161848-hot-woks.html)

[email protected] 22-09-2008 07:40 PM

Hot Woks

Hi,
I would like to be able to cook a decent stir fry but I have a problem
with my rather old and very feeble electric cooker. It just can't get
hot enough. I can think of two ways round this. An electric wok or a
single 'burner' induction hob and a regular wok.

On the web there are a few warnings against electric woks, apparently
the are underpowered. The one I've seen which had power quoted was
1200W. Is that too little?

There are a few comparatively cheap induction hobs around, these seem
to be 1800W or 2000W. Is this enough? Does anybody know if you can use
an ordinary round bottomed wok or must it be the flat kind?

Any ideas?

Phil

notbob 22-09-2008 07:57 PM

Hot Woks

On 2008-09-22, > wrote:

> Any ideas?

It's end of Summer. Looks for deals on cajun/turkeyfryer setups at places
like Lowes. I bought 3 turkey fryer sets for $20 ea a cpl yrs ago. These
propane cooking burners put out more than enough. I've been using one on my
round bottomed wok all summer. Killer! Essence of wok in spades.

nb