Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ammunition for coin haters

Hello All!

I have mentioned that I empty loose change into a jar and don't reuse
it. I get rather irked when I accidentally or, perforce, have to use a
machine in the Post Office and get change in numerous unwanted coins.
There's apparently another disadvantage of coins in that they may be
easy to counterfeit. I'm not talking about the silly penny that costs
more than a penny to make :-)

Apparently, maybe 2% of British pound coins may be fakes, see
http://tinyurl.com/4ugjzq

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Email, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 22, 1:23*pm, "James Silverton" >
wrote:

> I have mentioned that I empty loose change into a jar and don't reuse
> it. I get rather irked when I accidentally or, perforce, have to use a
> machine in the Post Office and get change in numerous unwanted coins.
> There's apparently another disadvantage of coins in that they may be
> easy to counterfeit. I'm not talking about the silly penny that costs
> more than a penny to make :-)
>
> *Apparently, maybe 2% of British pound coins may be fakes, seehttp://tinyurl.com/4ugjzq

Solution is simple. Stop using money.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" wrote:

> I have mentioned that I empty loose change into a jar
> and don't reuse it.

Then why be concerned... if you don't reuse change why do you even
bring it home, simply toss it, just leave it for someone else and save
on jars... feel very happy that you only get small change:
http://economistsview.typepad.com/ec...g_about_m.html