Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rip-offs buying larger/bulk packages?

TFM® > wrote:

> Cocaine comes in grams, apples come in pounds.

I thought it came in 8-balls and cornered plastic baggies tied into
a knot.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Paco > wrote:
>
>> -sw (am I supposed to sign this in every group?)

> I've only released that to public domain in AFF-F.
>
> -sw

Sorry. I shall cease immediately.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news

>> > So publish it here. ;-) I'm already on too many lists.
>> >
>> > And quit pretending to be Sqwertz. <g>
>> > --
>> > Peace! Om

>> Sqwertz is the "Keeper of the BoS". {"One must bow their head when
>> mentioning the "Keeper of the BoS".} He was selling copies of it, but
>> Jerry
>> (R.I.P.) bought up all of the copies because it included pictures of
>> Steve
>> having sex with 3 women.
>>
>> And the "-sw" thing is an a.f.f-f thing. I have no life... ;-) Plus,
>> some
>> here think I'm Steve... it makes me giggle...

> <lol> Just like on one list, most of the members think I'm a guy because
> my posting name is gender neutral. There are at least three people there
> that know I'm a girl but keep their mouth shut because they they get a
> giggle out of it too... I've never _claimed_ to be a guy, I just never
> bother to correct them.
>

>> -sw (am I supposed to sign this in every group?)

> --
> Peace! Om

Funny how people make assumptions like that. ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Paco" > wrote:
>
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > No, they are pretending he did just to jerk his chain.
>> >
>> > And it's working. <g> I've not read that list since February. I'm
>> > surprised they are still keeping that up. It must still be working.
>> > --
>> > Peace! Om

>> Purportedly, Jerry (R.I.P.) has killfiled everybody who has made mention
>> of
>> his demise, which is just about anyone who has ever posted in a.f.f-f,
>> except for Kilikini. But, we all know that she and Jerry (R.I.P.) have
>> some
>> kind of "thing" going on, if you know what I mean! ;-) (Good thing TFM
>> has
>> killefiled both of them!) Besides that I for one, am easily amused by
>> Usenet! :-)
>>
>> -sw (am I supposed to sign this in every group?)

> Usenet can be useful and educational, but most with experience use it
> mostly for entertainment. <g>
>
> I use it for both reasons, and for the life experience!
> It's actually taught me a LOT about human interaction, and to not take
> life (and other people, and most of all my self) so seriously. :-)
>
> It's been good for me quite frankly.
>
> A thick skin is not a bad thing. I just wish dad could have survived
> here. It would have been good for him too. He still takes himself (and
> life) WAY too seriously and was not able to adapt.
>
> He's still shocked that I laughed when our ass hole neighbor with the
> pit bulls called me a stupid ****. <g> I asked Dustin why he could not
> be creative and do better than that...
> --
> Peace! Om

Yup, I started using Usenet as a tool, also. Now, it's a toy; though still
valuable for research. And an interesting insight of the human condition.
People can be funny creatures! ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paco > wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> Paco > wrote:
>>
>>> -sw (am I supposed to sign this in every group?)

>> I've only released that to public domain in AFF-F.
>>
>> -sw

> Sorry. I shall cease immediately.
>
> -sw

Actually, I don't mind here. There's a couple fools here who think
I use many multiple identities, so carry on.

-Paco

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 17:08:03 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

>Heh! And here I have a ring tone I don't even recognize as a
>phone! :-(

My phone set "talks" to me ("You have an incoming call"). It freaks
people out, but it's the only thing that gets my attention. I've
noticed that some people have a real telephone ring on their cells. I
don't have that option on mine, but I may on a new phone.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 12:39:42 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

>Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> For a time my supermarket had calculators mounted on the handle of the
>> shopping cart. I didn't use them much
>> at all, and after a time they just disappeared.
>>
>> nancy

>Wow! I have never seen that.

I never saw it here either, but apparently a few chains back East
tried it.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Paco > wrote:

>>> I've only released that to public domain in AFF-F.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> Sorry. I shall cease immediately.
>>
>> -sw

> Actually, I don't mind here. There's a couple fools here who think
> I use many multiple identities, so carry on.
>
> -Paco

Okay, I'll play.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 23:49:54 -0400, "Paco" >
wrote:

>"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>
>> Actually, I don't mind here. There's a couple fools here who think
>> I use many multiple identities, so carry on.
>>
>> -Paco

>Okay, I'll play.
>
>-sw

Oh, isn't that cute! You're playing with yourself.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Jean B." > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > <giggles> I consider my cellphone to be a toy, much like a miniature
> > computer. :-) Since I found out it's ringtones are stored as midi files,
> > I've learned to create my own for a considerable savings...
> >
> > I e-mailed my computer from the cell to learn _It's_ e-mail address so I
> > can e-mail the completed clipped midi-file to the phone from my mac.
> >
> > Right now I'm using "Land from Down-under" as my ringtone...
> >
> > Costs me about 20 cents per ringtone now, and the ones I make myself, I
> > can share as they are not locked. I can send my created ringtones to
> > other people's phones if they want them.
> >
> > I just wish I could install a copy of "tetrus" to my cellphone...
> > The current videogames are boring.

> Heh! And here I have a ring tone I don't even recognize as a
> phone! :-( I'd like to use gamelan music for that I think.

Whatever works for you babe. <g> Ringtones, to me, are fun!
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
George > wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:

> >> How can there be unrelated units? If you're comparing apples with
> >> apples , so to speak, aren't they both in grams or whatever.

> > If one item has a unit price per pound and the other per ounce,
> > you have to do some math to compare. Usually the unit is
> > per ounce so you can see at a glance which item is a better
> > buy.
> >
> > nancy

> My favorite is when one size is priced cost/each and the other size is
> priced at cost/ounce.

That's when a calculator really comes in handy!
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Paco" > wrote:

> >> And the "-sw" thing is an a.f.f-f thing. I have no life... ;-) Plus,
> >> some
> >> here think I'm Steve... it makes me giggle...

> > <lol> Just like on one list, most of the members think I'm a guy because
> > my posting name is gender neutral. There are at least three people there
> > that know I'm a girl but keep their mouth shut because they they get a
> > giggle out of it too... I've never _claimed_ to be a guy, I just never
> > bother to correct them.
> >

> >> -sw (am I supposed to sign this in every group?)

> > --
> > Peace! Om

> Funny how people make assumptions like that. ;-)

An endless source of amusement. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Paco" > wrote:

> Yup, I started using Usenet as a tool, also. Now, it's a toy; though still
> valuable for research. And an interesting insight of the human condition.
> People can be funny creatures! ;-)

I think it's made me more mellow in my human interactions at work
especially. The internet is disinhibiting.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> Paco > wrote:

> >> I've only released that to public domain in AFF-F.
> >>
> >> -sw

> > Sorry. I shall cease immediately.
> >
> > -sw

> Actually, I don't mind here. There's a couple fools here who think
> I use many multiple identities, so carry on.
>
> -Paco

You mean you don't? <shocked look>
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, sf wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 17:08:03 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
> >Heh! And here I have a ring tone I don't even recognize as a
> >phone! :-(

> My phone set "talks" to me ("You have an incoming call"). It freaks
> people out, but it's the only thing that gets my attention. I've
> noticed that some people have a real telephone ring on their cells. I
> don't have that option on mine, but I may on a new phone.

A telephone "ring" was the default that came with mine.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 01:59:35 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >, sf wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 17:08:03 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>>
>> >Heh! And here I have a ring tone I don't even recognize as a
>> >phone! :-(

>> My phone set "talks" to me ("You have an incoming call"). It freaks
>> people out, but it's the only thing that gets my attention. I've
>> noticed that some people have a real telephone ring on their cells. I
>> don't have that option on mine, but I may on a new phone.

>A telephone "ring" was the default that came with mine.

My phone isn't new, it's more than a little old. I qualified for $100
rebate when most users get only $50.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, sf wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 23:49:54 -0400, "Paco" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> >>
> >> Actually, I don't mind here. There's a couple fools here who think
> >> I use many multiple identities, so carry on.
> >>
> >> -Paco

> >Okay, I'll play.
> >
> >-sw

> Oh, isn't that cute! You're playing with yourself.

<snickers>
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, sf wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 01:59:35 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:

> >> My phone set "talks" to me ("You have an incoming call"). It freaks
> >> people out, but it's the only thing that gets my attention. I've
> >> noticed that some people have a real telephone ring on their cells. I
> >> don't have that option on mine, but I may on a new phone.

> >A telephone "ring" was the default that came with mine.

> My phone isn't new, it's more than a little old. I qualified for $100
> rebate when most users get only $50.

I only started using a cellphone when I discovered Tracfone. May of 2007.

Before that, I could not afford one!
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 14, 6:04 pm, dsi1 > wrote:

> Here's a dumb question - how do you freeze milk? Do you just put the
> plastic gallon container in the freezer? I must admit that I have never
> heard of this practice. Another dumb question - how do you defrost it?
> Leave it in the refrigerator for a couple of days?
>
> Current prices for milk here in Hawaii is $5.49 to about $6 for a
> gallon. A deal around here is getting a gal for 5 bucks, for $2/gal I
> might have a heart attack. :-)

I pour a new gallon into three 1 qt. Rubbermaid bottles, not quite
full, of course. One quart is always the 'working' one in the
fridge. When it's half gone, or I know I ;, going to need a bigger
quantity of milk, I pull one from the freezer and let it thaw for 24
hours in the fridge, or on the counter for an hour or two. Be sure to
give it a good shaking tho - there is some separation. I make my own
yogurt, so I do go thru milk pretty fast.

Wow - with your prices, I'd be augmenting my milk supply with the
powdered stuff - at least for cooking.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 18:37:54 -0400, TFM® wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
>>
>> Yep! 16 oz. per lb. so you may have to do some division, but hopefully
>> you know that! The problems for me comes if I have to convert between
>> metric and English measurements. How many grams per oz.

> 28. Don't ask me how I know this.
>
> TFM®

i know i know! you were the son of poor but honest dope dealers.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 18:34:06 -0400, TFM® wrote:

> "John Kane" > wrote in message
>>
>> How can there be unrelated units? If you're comparing apples with
>> apples , so to speak, aren't they both in grams or whatever.

> Cocaine comes in grams, apples come in pounds.
>
> TFM®

if you have *lots* of money, cocaine can also come in pounds. (though i
understand from watching t.v. that the 'hip' unit is kilos.)

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 19:41:35 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> TFM® > wrote:
>
>> Cocaine comes in grams, apples come in pounds.

> I thought it came in 8-balls and cornered plastic baggies tied into
> a knot.
>
> -sw

hey! this is only a ****ing four-ball!

your disgruntled pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy > fnord news:1q7i9wergq36n
:

> On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 18:37:54 -0400, TFM® wrote:
>
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> news
>>>
>>> Yep! 16 oz. per lb. so you may have to do some division, but

hopefully
>>> you know that! The problems for me comes if I have to convert

between
>>> metric and English measurements. How many grams per oz.

>> 28. Don't ask me how I know this.
>>
>> TFM®

> i know i know! you were the son of poor but honest dope dealers.
>
> your pal,
> blake

If they were *that* honest, they would know that an ounce has just a bit
more than 28 grams

--
Saerah (aren't you guys old enough to call them "lids?" > )

"Welcome to Usenet, Biatch! Adapt or haul ass!"
- some hillbilly from FL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message news
> On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 23:49:54 -0400, "Paco" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Actually, I don't mind here. There's a couple fools here who think
>>> I use many multiple identities, so carry on.
>>>
>>> -Paco

>>Okay, I'll play.
>>
>>-sw

> Oh, isn't that cute! You're playing with yourself.

Please don't tell?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 18:37:54 -0400, TFM® wrote:
>
> > "Omelet" > wrote in message
> > news
> >>
> >> Yep! 16 oz. per lb. so you may have to do some division, but hopefully
> >> you know that! The problems for me comes if I have to convert between
> >> metric and English measurements. How many grams per oz.

> > 28. Don't ask me how I know this.
> >
> > TFM®

> i know i know! you were the son of poor but honest dope dealers.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Damn. That almost made me snort Margarita thru my nose. ;-)
Warnings please Blake!
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:48:46 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 18:37:54 -0400, TFM® wrote:
>>
>>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>>> news >>>>
>>>

>>> 28. Don't ask me how I know this.
>>>
>>> TFM®

>> i know i know! you were the son of poor but honest dope dealers.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> Damn. That almost made me snort Margarita thru my nose. ;-)
> Warnings please Blake!

not me. i'm a stealth bomber.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:48:46 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > blake murphy > wrote:

> >> i know i know! you were the son of poor but honest dope dealers.

> > Damn. That almost made me snort Margarita thru my nose. ;-)
> > Warnings please Blake!

> not me. i'm a stealth bomber.
>
> your pal,
> blake

;-D
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain

OFFS! GoogleGroups is up to it's old DELAYS again!! John Kuthe[_3_] General Cooking 12 04-10-2011 08:32 AM
Buying Beans in Bulk? phaeton General Cooking 12 20-07-2011 04:37 PM
10 HUGE RIP-OFFS Sheldon General Cooking 33 22-11-2008 08:12 PM
Bake offs? atty Sourdough 11 13-06-2007 08:32 AM
Bulk buying chemicals/tannin etc [email protected] Winemaking 0 31-07-2005 10:01 PM