Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Italian Moka Express Vs French Coffee Press

Which one do you like more? Im a Moka man, the flavour and strenght it
brings out in coffee is by far my fav, the french press, well its
second, great taste and easier than the moka to prepare.,

Everymorning, out comes the Moka Express, and half the morning is
spent trying to recover from caffeine overdose....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_press

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_pot

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Univeros wrote:

> Which one do you like more? Im a Moka man, the flavour and strenght it
> brings out in coffee is by far my fav, the french press, well its
> second, great taste and easier than the moka to prepare.,
>
> Everymorning, out comes the Moka Express, and half the morning is
> spent trying to recover from caffeine overdose....

Neither of those brewing methods passes the
coffee through a paper filter. Coffee contains
the diterpenes cafestol and kahweol, which raise
LDL (bad cholesterol), but paper filters absorb
nearly all of these diterpenes.

Here's a link to an article in the British Medical Journal
on the subject:

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/313/7069/1362

I believe the term "cafetiere coffee" means the same thing
as French press.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 11, 11:51*am, (Univeros)
wrote:
> Which one do you like more? Im a Moka man, the flavour and strenght it
> brings out in coffee is by far my fav, the french press, well its
> second, great taste and easier than the moka to prepare.,
>
> Everymorning, out comes the Moka Express, and half the morning is
> spent trying to recover from caffeine overdose....
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_press
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_pot

I love my moka pots, also. It's nice to be able to have espresso when
you're camping!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:

> I love my moka pots, also. It's nice to be able to have
> espresso when you're camping!

I'll save notbob the trouble of informing you
that's NOT espresso. It's coffee.