Shanelle

Default Fondue

I'm not sure if I can ask this on here since it's a cooking newsgroup but
I'm going to anyway. I've been looking for recipes for chocolate fondue.
I've never had fondue before but my boyfriend and I would like to try
chocolate fondue. If you know any good ones let me know. Thanks in advance.

---

SPOONS

Default Fondue: Easy Chocolate Fondue Recipe

Easy Chocolate Fondue
Woman Day's Crockery Cookbook Number 2, 1976

24 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1-1/4 C. evaporated milk
1/4 C. sugar
2 t. vanilla extract
1 T. fruit flavored liqueur

Place ingredients in cooker. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes. Stir well,
cover and cook on low 1 hour longer. Dip pieces of pound cake, fruit,
pretzels, cookies or marshmallows into chocolate mixture. Makes 3 cups.

"Shanelle" > wrote in message
> I'm not sure if I can ask this on here since it's a cooking newsgroup but
> I'm going to anyway. I've been looking for recipes for chocolate fondue.
> I've never had fondue before but my boyfriend and I would like to try
> chocolate fondue. If you know any good ones let me know. Thanks in

advance.

> ---

Dimitri

"Shanelle" > wrote in message
> I'm not sure if I can ask this on here since it's a cooking newsgroup but
> I'm going to anyway. I've been looking for recipes for chocolate fondue.
> I've never had fondue before but my boyfriend and I would like to try
> chocolate fondue. If you know any good ones let me know. Thanks in

advance.

There are many here are just 2:

# 1

1 (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate bits
2/3 c. sour cream
1/4 c. coffee liqueur, orange
liqueur, or mint liqueur (or
flavoring)
1/4 to 1/2 c. evaporated milk or cream

In heavy saucepan or fondue pot. Melt chocolate with sour cream over low
heat. Stir until smooth. Stir in liqueur. Thin as necessary with cream or
evaporated milk. Keep warm over low heat. Serve with a variety of fresh
fruit (strawberries, pineapple, apple, kiwi, banana, etc.) Also good with
ladyfingers, angel food cake, or pound cake. Fruit and cake are cut into
serving size. Each guest dips his own fruit using a fondue fork.

# 2

1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
9 oz. chocolate - may use plain milk chocolate or chocolate with crunchies
in it
2 tbsp. Cointreau or Cognac

Melt chocolate over a low flame (a double boiler makes it almost failure
proof). When chocolate is melted completely, stir in cream and liquor. Stir
until smooth.

Dimitri

Z GIRL

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
om...

> "Shanelle" > wrote in message
> > I'm not sure if I can ask this on here since it's a cooking newsgroup

but
> > I'm going to anyway. I've been looking for recipes for chocolate fondue.
> > I've never had fondue before but my boyfriend and I would like to try
> > chocolate fondue. If you know any good ones let me know. Thanks in

> advance.
> >

> There are many here are just 2:
>
> # 1
>
> 1 (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate bits
> 2/3 c. sour cream
> 1/4 c. coffee liqueur, orange
> liqueur, or mint liqueur (or
> flavoring)
> 1/4 to 1/2 c. evaporated milk or cream
>
> In heavy saucepan or fondue pot. Melt chocolate with sour cream over low
> heat. Stir until smooth. Stir in liqueur. Thin as necessary with cream

or
> evaporated milk. Keep warm over low heat. Serve with a variety of fresh
> fruit (strawberries, pineapple, apple, kiwi, banana, etc.) Also good with
> ladyfingers, angel food cake, or pound cake. Fruit and cake are cut into
> serving size. Each guest dips his own fruit using a fondue fork.
>
> # 2
>
> 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
> 9 oz. chocolate - may use plain milk chocolate or chocolate with

crunchies
> in it
> 2 tbsp. Cointreau or Cognac
>
> Melt chocolate over a low flame (a double boiler makes it almost failure
> proof). When chocolate is melted completely, stir in cream and liquor.

Stir
> until smooth.
>
> Dimitri

Boy do these recipes sound good Dimitri. I assume with the first recipe just
plain Kahlua would be fine? I hope so that is what I always have on hand. We
got a really nice fondue for a wedding gift and I have been wanting to use
it!

peace,
Barbara

Fondue 101 - How To Make Cheese Fondue [email protected] General Cooking 4 11-01-2008 09:06 PM
Fondue Kris General Cooking 1 17-10-2006 12:29 AM
Fondue Andy General Cooking 1 16-10-2006 11:36 PM
Fondue Shanelle Chocolate 3 05-11-2003 11:46 PM