FoodBanter.com

-   -   Nothing Bundt Cakes (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/161394-nothing-bundt-cakes.html)

Pennyaline[_7_] 10-09-2008 11:53 PM

Nothing Bundt Cakes

Has anyone tried the products this chain store "bakery" sells? One of
their stores just opened up nearby and advertises heavily on local
radio. It got me curious so I went to their website.

The product seems limited to fairly ordinary pound cake-based bundts,
inexplicably decorated with heavy icings. I mean, heavy and thick icing
and loads of it.

Evidently the chain is successful, and the cakes are gimmicky. But
before I say anymore to denigrate the product I'll ask if there is
anyone here that has experience with it.

<frankly, the website images of these cakes with their nearly
stand-alone icing don't do much for my appetite>

Sheldon 11-09-2008 12:08 AM

Nothing Bundt Cakes

Pennyaline wrote:

> Has anyone tried the products this chain store "bakery" sells? One of
> their stores just opened up nearby and advertises heavily on local
> radio. It got me curious so I went to their website.
>
> The product seems limited to fairly ordinary pound cake-based bundts,
> inexplicably decorated with heavy icings. I mean, heavy and thick icing
> and loads of it.
>
> Evidently the chain is successful, and the cakes are gimmicky. But
> before I say anymore to denigrate the product I'll ask if there is
> anyone here that has experience with it.
>
> <frankly, the website images of these cakes with their nearly
> stand-alone icing don't do much for my appetite>

So where's the web site?

Pennyaline[_7_] 11-09-2008 01:15 AM

Nothing Bundt Cakes

Sheldon wrote:
> Pennyaline wrote:
>> Has anyone tried the products this chain store "bakery" sells? One of
>> their stores just opened up nearby and advertises heavily on local
>> radio. It got me curious so I went to their website.
>>
>> The product seems limited to fairly ordinary pound cake-based bundts,
>> inexplicably decorated with heavy icings. I mean, heavy and thick icing
>> and loads of it.
>>
>> Evidently the chain is successful, and the cakes are gimmicky. But
>> before I say anymore to denigrate the product I'll ask if there is
>> anyone here that has experience with it.
>>
>> <frankly, the website images of these cakes with their nearly
>> stand-alone icing don't do much for my appetite>

> So where's the web site?

No, no, don't be afraid, Shelly! See? Google is good. Google is our friend.

http://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/

[email protected] 11-09-2008 01:23 AM

Nothing Bundt Cakes

On Sep 10, 6:53�pm, Pennyaline > wrote:
> Has anyone tried the products this chain store "bakery" sells? One of
> their stores just opened up nearby and advertises heavily on local
> radio. It got me curious so I went to their website.
>
> The product seems limited to fairly ordinary pound cake-based bundts,
> inexplicably decorated with heavy icings. I mean, heavy and thick icing
> and loads of it.
>
> Evidently the chain is successful, and the cakes are gimmicky. But
> before I say anymore to denigrate the product I'll ask if there is
> anyone here that has experience with it.
>
> <frankly, the website images of these cakes with their nearly
> stand-alone icing don't do much for my appetite>

They're a little pricey. I went through their online ordering link
and they want $29.95 for a 8" decorated bundt cake or $39.95 for a 10"
decorated bundt cake. I would not pay that much for a dang bundt cake.

Pennyaline[_7_] 11-09-2008 02:44 AM

Nothing Bundt Cakes

wrote:
> On Sep 10, 6:53�pm, Pennyaline > wrote:
>> Has anyone tried the products this chain store "bakery" sells? One of
>> their stores just opened up nearby and advertises heavily on local
>> radio. It got me curious so I went to their website.
>>
>> The product seems limited to fairly ordinary pound cake-based bundts,
>> inexplicably decorated with heavy icings. I mean, heavy and thick icing
>> and loads of it.
>>
>> Evidently the chain is successful, and the cakes are gimmicky. But
>> before I say anymore to denigrate the product I'll ask if there is
>> anyone here that has experience with it.
>>
>> <frankly, the website images of these cakes with their nearly
>> stand-alone icing don't do much for my appetite>

> They're a little pricey. I went through their online ordering link
> and they want $29.95 for a 8" decorated bundt cake or $39.95 for a 10"
> decorated bundt cake. I would not pay that much for a dang bundt cake.

I could just go buy one and see for myself, but it's more entertaining
to read the reviews on the company's own and a few other websites. I
realize that I'm dealing with a population that by and large thinks
Krispy Kreme is at the zenith of doughnuthood and not coincidentally
couldn't recognize a hole in the ground, making it difficult to believe
that these products are truly light and sumptuous and delicious and just
like mother used to make. Especially not with those tarantulas
straddling them. It is a most disquieting effect.

Lynn from Fargo 11-09-2008 03:12 AM

Nothing Bundt Cakes

On Sep 10, 8:44*pm, Pennyaline > wrote:
> wrote:
> > On Sep 10, 6:53 pm, Pennyaline > wrote:
> >> Has anyone tried the products this chain store "bakery" sells? One of
> >> their stores just opened up nearby and advertises heavily on local
> >> radio. It got me curious so I went to their website.

> >> The product seems limited to fairly ordinary pound cake-based bundts,
> >> inexplicably decorated with heavy icings. I mean, heavy and thick icing
> >> and loads of it.

> >> Evidently the chain is successful, and the cakes are gimmicky. But
> >> before I say anymore to denigrate the product I'll ask if there is
> >> anyone here that has experience with it.

> >> <frankly, the website images of these cakes with their nearly
> >> stand-alone icing don't do much for my appetite>

> > They're a little pricey. *I went through their online ordering link
> > and they want $29.95 for a 8" decorated bundt cake or $39.95 for a 10"
> > decorated bundt cake. *I would not pay that much for a dang bundt cake.

> I could just go buy one and see for myself, but it's more entertaining
> to read the reviews on the company's own and a few other websites. I
> realize that I'm dealing with a population that by and large thinks
> Krispy Kreme is at the zenith of doughnuthood and not coincidentally
> couldn't recognize a hole in the ground, making it difficult to believe
> that these products are truly light and sumptuous and delicious and just
> like mother used to make. Especially not with those tarantulas
> straddling them. It is a most disquieting effect.

Actually, I like bundt cakes that are heavy and full of "stuff" like
nuts or coconut, or bananas or rum or sherry or lemon and
poppyseeds . . . No frosting/icing except a really nice light glaze.
Nobody around here would pay $29 for an 8" cake!

Lynn in Fargo
Life is sweet!

Kathleen[_4_] 11-09-2008 11:15 AM

Nothing Bundt Cakes

Pennyaline wrote:

> I could just go buy one and see for myself, but it's more entertaining
> to read the reviews on the company's own and a few other websites. I
> realize that I'm dealing with a population that by and large thinks
> Krispy Kreme is at the zenith of doughnuthood and not coincidentally
> couldn't recognize a hole in the ground, making it difficult to believe
> that these products are truly light and sumptuous and delicious and just
> like mother used to make. Especially not with those tarantulas
> straddling them. It is a most disquieting effect.

"Just like mother used to make" is enough to make me worry.
Theoretically it should be difficult to go too far wrong with a simple
box mix, but add in things like large quantities of bacardi rum or hot
liquid lemon gelatin and things can head south pretty quickly.

Tara 11-09-2008 11:30 PM

Nothing Bundt Cakes

Does anyone remember that bundt cake commercial from the late
seventies? Sing along -- "Let a bundt cake do the talking..."

Tara

Billy[_3_] 12-09-2008 01:16 AM

Nothing Bundt Cakes

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 18:30:24 -0400, Tara >
wrote:

>Does anyone remember that bundt cake

no...but I remember the ShakeNBake commercial...."and I helped!" ...I
hated that little brat.