Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default malay cuisines.

hai there..i just want you to try a malay kuih/dishes from malaysia.
it is very simple. you just type malay cuisines in yahoo and google
and try to look at malaycuisines.com. try it...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sham wrote:
> hai there..i just want you to try a malay kuih/dishes from malaysia.
> it is very simple. you just type malay cuisines in yahoo and google
> and try to look at malaycuisines.com. try it...

I don't suppose you have a connection to that site.... Why don't
you post some recipes here if you want us to try them?

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean wrote on Sun, 07 Sep 2008 09:41:20 -0400:

> sham wrote:
>> hai there..i just want you to try a malay kuih/dishes from
>> malaysia. it is very simple. you just type malay cuisines in yahoo
>> and google and try to look at malaycuisines.com. try
>> it...

> I don't suppose you have a connection to that site.... Why
> don't you post some recipes here if you want us to try them?

Better yet, find a Malay restaurant if you can. Even if the menu seems a
Thai-Vietnam- Indonesian fusion, the food can be delicious.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sham > wrote:

> hai there..i just want you to try a malay kuih/dishes from malaysia.
> it is very simple. you just type malay cuisines in yahoo and google
> and try to look at malaycoosines.com. try it...

I found this instead:
http://www.malaysiancuisine.net/

It looks much better than that other site with the unnecessarily
large print and obnoxious colors.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. wrote:

> sham wrote:
>> hai there..i just want you to try a malay kuih/dishes from malaysia.
>> it is very simple. you just type malay cuisines in yahoo and google
>> and try to look at malaycuisines.com. try it...

> I don't suppose you have a connection to that site.... Why don't
> you post some recipes here if you want us to try them?

Why would I want to enter the site name in a search in google or am I
missing something? Anyway, I found that thai and khmer cuisine is often
quite similar (or so my colleagues said when I was in Cambodia) - how big
is the difference to malay I wonder.

--
Pre-1900 recipes: http://www.theoldecookerybook.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 13:50:39 GMT, James Silverton wrote:

> Jean wrote on Sun, 07 Sep 2008 09:41:20 -0400:
>
>> sham wrote:
>>> hai there..i just want you to try a malay kuih/dishes from
>>> malaysia. it is very simple. you just type malay cuisines in yahoo
>>> and google and try to look at malaycuisines.com. try
>>> it...

>> I don't suppose you have a connection to that site.... Why
>> don't you post some recipes here if you want us to try them?

> Better yet, find a Malay restaurant if you can. Even if the menu seems a
> Thai-Vietnam- Indonesian fusion, the food can be delicious.

where do you go, james? i've been to mandelay once since it moved from
college park, but that's burmese, i think.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:
> Jean wrote on Sun, 07 Sep 2008 09:41:20 -0400:
>
>> sham wrote:
>>> hai there..i just want you to try a malay kuih/dishes from
>>> malaysia. it is very simple. you just type malay cuisines in yahoo
>>> and google and try to look at malaycuisines.com. try
>>> it...

>> I don't suppose you have a connection to that site.... Why
>> don't you post some recipes here if you want us to try them?

> Better yet, find a Malay restaurant if you can. Even if the menu seems a
> Thai-Vietnam- Indonesian fusion, the food can be delicious.

I was sooooooo disappointed on my last trip to a Malaysian
restaurant, which are few and far between in the Boston area--two
that I can think of, down from three. I actually did not get a
favorite and instead cleverly got chicken (changed from shrimp)
with green beans in a sauce made from shrimp paste, which I love.
The sauce was not good! I would have been better off making
something from shrimp paste at home. :-(

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Martin S wrote:
> Jean B. wrote:
>
>> sham wrote:
>>> hai there..i just want you to try a malay kuih/dishes from malaysia.
>>> it is very simple. you just type malay cuisines in yahoo and google
>>> and try to look at malaycuisines.com. try it...

>> I don't suppose you have a connection to that site.... Why don't
>> you post some recipes here if you want us to try them?
>>

> Why would I want to enter the site name in a search in google or am I
> missing something? Anyway, I found that thai and khmer cuisine is often
> quite similar (or so my colleagues said when I was in Cambodia) - how big
> is the difference to malay I wonder.

I find them to be quite different, although some dishes can be
similar.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake wrote on Sun, 07 Sep 2008 14:54:10 GMT:

>> Jean wrote on Sun, 07 Sep 2008 09:41:20 -0400:

>>> I don't suppose you have a connection to that site.... Why
>>> don't you post some recipes here if you want us to try them?

>> Better yet, find a Malay restaurant if you can. Even if the
>> menu seems a Thai-Vietnam- Indonesian fusion, the food can be
>> delicious.

> where do you go, james? i've been to mandelay once since it
> moved from college park, but that's burmese, i think.

The Penang on Bethesda Avenue (in Bethesda of course!) is quite good.
They deliver in a small area but they will take orders from me on the
phone and have the food ready in 10-15 minutes. It takes that long for
me to get there. I believe they have another branch in DC.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Influences From Other Cuisines tan Mexican Cooking 0 27-07-2011 05:37 PM
Indian Cuisines Dipsee Vegan 3 03-11-2006 12:39 PM
Indian Cuisines Dipsee General Cooking 15 23-10-2006 02:22 AM
fresh shiitake recipes? All cuisines KR Asian Cooking 12 20-05-2004 07:40 PM
The seven major cuisines of the world? Scott T. Jensen General Cooking 46 23-04-2004 10:21 PM