Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Wahoo! Barb's in Lake Woebegon. . .

Right now 6:12pm Saturday
and boy is she funny!
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 16:13:35 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo
> wrote:

>Right now 6:12pm Saturday
>and boy is she funny!
>Lynn in Fargo

I tuned in just in time. She was a hoot!

Kudos to Barb!

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo wrote:
> Right now 6:12pm Saturday
> and boy is she funny!

It's on in about an hour here. I'm so excited!

Serene
--
"I am an agnostic only to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at
the bottom of the garden." -- Richard Dawkins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 30, 7:13*pm, Lynn from Fargo > wrote:
> Right now 6:12pm Saturday
> and boy is she funny!
> Lynn in Fargo

Blast it all! I'll have to try and get a radio at my sister's to work
tomorrow.

maxine in ri
contemplating pignoration
Posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine in ri wrote:
> On Aug 30, 7:13 pm, Lynn from Fargo > wrote:
>> Right now 6:12pm Saturday
>> and boy is she funny!
>> Lynn in Fargo

> Blast it all! I'll have to try and get a radio at my sister's to work
> tomorrow.
>
> maxine in ri

Was she on before the start of the second hour?

gloria p
who caught the end of Barb's banter

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 20:40:07 -0600, Gloria P >
wrote:

>maxine in ri wrote:
>> On Aug 30, 7:13 pm, Lynn from Fargo > wrote:
>>> Right now 6:12pm Saturday
>>> and boy is she funny!
>>> Lynn in Fargo

>> Blast it all! I'll have to try and get a radio at my sister's to work
>> tomorrow.
>>
>> maxine in ri

>Was she on before the start of the second hour?
>
>gloria p
>who caught the end of Barb's banter

I believe it was near the beginning of the second hour. Just shortly
after 7:00pm Eastern time.

- Mark

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Gloria P > wrote:

> maxine in ri wrote:
> > On Aug 30, 7:13 pm, Lynn from Fargo > wrote:
> >> Right now 6:12pm Saturday
> >> and boy is she funny!
> >> Lynn in Fargo

> > Blast it all! I'll have to try and get a radio at my sister's to work
> > tomorrow.
> >
> > maxine in ri

Maxine, it'll be online at some point (this week?).

> Was she on before the start of the second hour?
>
> gloria p
> who caught the end of Barb's banter

No. I was on right after Garrison's "Hand Jive" song. :-)
The first installment of the report is finished (the food stuff).
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller, Fair Fare
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Mark A.Meggs > wrote:
> I believe it was near the beginning of the second hour. Just shortly
> after 7:00pm Eastern time.
>
> - Mark

That's about right. Right after Garrison's "Hand Jive" song. ;-)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, blahblahblog is back and
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 22:13:28 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >,
> Gloria P > wrote:
>
>> maxine in ri wrote:
>>>
>>> Blast it all! I'll have to try and get a radio at my sister's to work
>>> tomorrow.
>>>
>>> maxine in ri

> Maxine, it'll be online at some point (this week?).

i hope you'll let us know (as if we could stop you).

soon you'll be the queen of all media!

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Boron Elgar > wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 16:13:35 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo
> > wrote:
>
> >Right now 6:12pm Saturday
> >and boy is she funny!
> >Lynn in Fargo

> I tuned in just in time. She was a hoot!
>
> Kudos to Barb!

Anyone know if it's available online anywhere?

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Lynn from Fargo > wrote:

> Right now 6:12pm Saturday
> and boy is she funny!
> Lynn in Fargo

I sat bolt upright when I heard her name mentioned. Wooo! you go girl!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Miche wrote:
> In article >,
> Boron Elgar > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 16:13:35 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Right now 6:12pm Saturday
>>> and boy is she funny!
>>> Lynn in Fargo

>> I tuned in just in time. She was a hoot!
>>
>> Kudos to Barb!

> Anyone know if it's available online anywhere?
>
> Miche

Not yet, but it will be soon. [I posted the link in another thread,
lemme find it again] Here it is:

http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/archive.php

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Miche > wrote:
> Anyone know if it's available online anywhere?
>
> Miche

Will be if it isn't already. http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/
At some point it will be in the Archive. It's not there yet, I see.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, blahblahblog is back and
most recently updated last night, 8-17-2008. Fair entries are DONE!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Tamzen Cannoy > wrote:

> In article
> >,
> Lynn from Fargo > wrote:
>
> > Right now 6:12pm Saturday
> > and boy is she funny!
> > Lynn in Fargo

> I sat bolt upright when I heard her name mentioned. Wooo! you go girl!

Yah sure, you betcha. It's fun, a good time, and memories for me and my
family.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, blahblahblog is back and
most recently updated last night, 8-17-2008. Fair entries are DONE!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Janet Baraclough > wrote:

> The message >
> from Melba's Jammin' > contains these words:
>

> > No. I was on right after Garrison's "Hand Jive" song. :-)
> > The first installment of the report is finished (the food stuff).

> I wish I'd heard it, is it archived/available online anywhere?
>
> Did you meet Garrison Keillor? (swoons with envy).
>
> Janet (Scotland)

It will be archived. Garrison asked me to marry him and I accepted. He
sang an impromptu song praising Corn Relish --- both parts were edited
out. :-) Watch your email, Janet.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, blahblahblog is back and
most recently updated last night, 8-17-2008. Fair entries are DONE!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Janet Baraclough > wrote:

> The message >
> from Melba's Jammin' > contains these words:
>
> > It will be archived. Garrison asked me to marry him and I accepted.

> I bet you showed him your tattoo, you hussy. <sobs> Tell him I'll wait.
>
> He
> > sang an impromptu song praising Corn Relish --- both parts were edited
> > out. :-) Watch your email, Janet.

> :-)
>
> Janet

You know, I didn't!! I couldn't figure out a way to work, ". . . but I
have to spread my cheeks in order for you to see them" into the
conversation. '0-)

And now I can't remember why I was going to email you. If it comes to
me, I'll send a note. . . . Oy.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, blahblahblog is back and
most recently updated last night, 8-17-2008. Fair entries are DONE!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Miche > wrote:
> Anyone know if it's available online anywhere?
>
> Miche

Miche, the program was made available late this afternoon he
http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2008/08/30/
I'm in Segment 3.
-Barb

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, and having entirely too much
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Miche > wrote:
>> Anyone know if it's available online anywhere?
>>
>> Miche

> Miche, the program was made available late this afternoon he
> http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2008/08/30/
> I'm in Segment 3.
> -Barb

Thanks, I missed both broadcasts this weekend and I'm listening now. Sounds
like it was a fun time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> Miche > wrote:
>>> Anyone know if it's available online anywhere?
>>>
>>> Miche

>> Miche, the program was made available late this afternoon he
>> http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2008/08/30/
>> I'm in Segment 3.
>> -Barb

> Thanks, I missed both broadcasts this weekend and I'm listening now. Sounds
> like it was a fun time.

I'm listening online now, too. Just now, Garrison's singing the State
Fair Handjive. It's almost time for Barb, yay!

Serene

--
"I am an agnostic only to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at
the bottom of the garden." -- Richard Dawkins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene Vannoy wrote:
> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

>>> Miche, the program was made available late this afternoon he
>>> http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2008/08/30/
>>> I'm in Segment 3.
>>> -Barb

>> Thanks, I missed both broadcasts this weekend and I'm listening now.
>> Sounds like it was a fun time.
>>

> I'm listening online now, too. Just now, Garrison's singing the State
> Fair Handjive. It's almost time for Barb, yay!

I was bummed that he didn't pick up on the "girl brownies" straight
line, but he seemed scandalized enough by the "ribbon slut" comment. :-)

Serene

--
"I am an agnostic only to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at
the bottom of the garden." -- Richard Dawkins

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lynn from Fargo" > wrote in message
> Right now 6:12pm Saturday
> and boy is she funny!
> Lynn in Fargo

Too cool! Marci and I caught it in the car on the way back from a shopping
trip for clothes for my new job. I was bouncing up and down on my seat
yelling 'I Know her!. I know her! Marci thought the strain of shopping had
just gone to my head.

Barb, you were damn cool and collected, and very funny.

It was net to hear (but it would have been better to taste.

BTW, I thought it was funny that the first time I heard of chocolate covered
bacon was on last night's 'dinner impossible' and then someone is eating it
on 'PHC' tonight. Is it a standard 'fair' food?

Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> In article >,
> Miche > wrote:
> > Anyone know if it's available online anywhere?
> >
> > Miche

> Miche, the program was made available late this afternoon he
> http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2008/08/30/
> I'm in Segment 3.
> -Barb

Thanks, Barbeleh. You're a peach.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Zeppo_m" > wrote:

> BTW, I thought it was funny that the first time I heard of chocolate covered
> bacon was on last night's 'dinner impossible' and then someone is eating it
> on 'PHC' tonight. Is it a standard 'fair' food?
>
> Jon

New this year, Famous Dave's (barbecue rib chain *
http://famousdaves.com/) took the Fair new-food-on-a-stick by storm this
year with its new item, Pig Lickers. <Barb's eye roll in her head>
Pigs rule. Another bacon-on-a-stick item was a thick slice (weight?
dunno) threaded on a skewer, fried on a grill (I watched). Dave got
TONS of free publicity for it. Taste was okay‹meaty and lean, I
thought, with the last inch-and-a-half dipped in chocolate for a thick
layer of chocolate. Price was $5 for about 5 pieces served in a paper
sno-cone-type cup. Check out zoebakes.com for chocolate chip cooks
with Mo's bacon-chocolate bar.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, and here's the link to my appearance
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Zeppo_m" > wrote:

> "Lynn from Fargo" > wrote in message
> > Right now 6:12pm Saturday
> > and boy is she funny!
> > Lynn in Fargo

> Too cool! Marci and I caught it in the car on the way back from a shopping
> trip for clothes for my new job. I was bouncing up and down on my seat
> yelling 'I Know her!. I know her! Marci thought the strain of shopping had
> just gone to my head.
>
> Barb, you were damn cool and collected, and very funny.

If only I could get on Wheel of Fortune. . . . crowds, cameras, and
microphones don't terrify me as they do some. I haven't always been
that way and have learned to take any opening given me. :-)

> It was net to hear (but it would have been better to taste.
> Jon

"Want some pickled boiled dirt chunks, Little Boy?" Make 'em yourself,
ya Punk! :-) I've used three different recipes. First one, two years
ago, got 5th place (no ribbon, though) and involved red wine. I can't
remember last year's formula. I debate between including onion slices
in them or no; whole, or sliced beets. I've got an taster on retainer.
'-)

Me, funny? If you only knew. :-) I've buried too many people to take
myself (and most others) very seriously. I was blessed with a good
sense of humor and cursed with a sharp tongue‹I don't suffer fools
easily.

Have you listened to the online link?

Good luck on the new job!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, and here's the link to my appearance
on "A Prairie Home Companion," <http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/
programs/2008/08/30/>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Serene Vannoy > wrote:

> Serene Vannoy wrote:

> > I'm listening online now, too. Just now, Garrison's singing the State
> > Fair Handjive. It's almost time for Barb, yay!

> I was bummed that he didn't pick up on the "girl brownies" straight
> line, but he seemed scandalized enough by the "ribbon slut" comment. :-)
>
> Serene

Editing makes things sound different from what they were. :-)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, and here's the link to my appearance
on "A Prairie Home Companion," <http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/
programs/2008/08/30/>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> Serene Vannoy > wrote:
>
>> Serene Vannoy wrote:

>>> I'm listening online now, too. Just now, Garrison's singing the State
>>> Fair Handjive. It's almost time for Barb, yay!

>> I was bummed that he didn't pick up on the "girl brownies" straight
>> line, but he seemed scandalized enough by the "ribbon slut" comment. :-)
>>
>> Serene

> Editing makes things sound different from what they were. :-)

Ooh, tell. :-)

Serene

--
"I am an agnostic only to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at
the bottom of the garden." -- Richard Dawkins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Miche > wrote:
>> Anyone know if it's available online anywhere?
>>
>> Miche

> Miche, the program was made available late this afternoon he
> http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2008/08/30/
> I'm in Segment 3.
> -Barb
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, and having entirely too much
> fun he http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2008/08/30/

Whoopee! Didn't you have fun!

That was a nice try at mentioning Boy Brownies, by the way, but GK seems to
have seen that coming and cut you off at the pass.

Thanks for the link and the delightful interview.

Fleece

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >,
> Miche > wrote:
> > Anyone know if it's available online anywhere?
> >
> > Miche

> Miche, the program was made available late this afternoon he
> http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2008/08/30/
> I'm in Segment 3.

Ya know, Barb, this past Thursday night I had a *dream* that you were on the
show, I kid you not...pretty "prescient" of me, huh!?

Anyways, hearty congrats, it musta been fun for you.

:-)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Felice" > wrote:
> > Miche, the program was made available late this afternoon he
> > http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2008/08/30/
> > I'm in Segment 3.
> > -Barb

> Whoopee! Didn't you have fun!
>
> That was a nice try at mentioning Boy Brownies, by the way, but GK seems to
> have seen that coming and cut you off at the pass.
>
> Thanks for the link and the delightful interview.
>
> Fleece

Yes I did have fun, Fleece!
Lots of stuff was edited out to get the show to two hours. I was very
happy with my part. Very happy indeed.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, and here's the link to my appearance
on "A Prairie Home Companion," <http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/
programs/2008/08/30/>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

>> Whoopee! Didn't you have fun!
>>
>> That was a nice try at mentioning Boy Brownies, by the way, but GK seems to
>> have seen that coming and cut you off at the pass.
>>
>> Thanks for the link and the delightful interview.
>>
>> Fleece

> Yes I did have fun, Fleece!
> Lots of stuff was edited out to get the show to two hours. I was very
> happy with my part. Very happy indeed.

I musta missed it before but.. how exactly did it come to be that you
were on his show?
'splain lucy!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Goomba > wrote:
> I musta missed it before but.. how exactly did it come to be that you
> were on his show?
> 'splain lucy!

Producer called and asked if I'd be willing to come on the show. Took
me a nanosecond to accept the invitation.
<http://web.me.com/barbschaller/Hangi...ed_Lady/Fair_F
are/Entries/2008/8/29_A_Prairie_Home_Companion.html>

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, and here's the link to my appearance
on "A Prairie Home Companion," <http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/
programs/2008/08/30/>

Wahoo recipies? cshenk General Cooking 14 09-10-2014 02:11 AM
Wahoo - Van Camp's Wahoo JW General Cooking 1 12-11-2005 01:54 AM
Lake Tahoe alexandria789 Wine 4 31-08-2005 06:15 PM
Ono! It's wahoo! Jeff K General Cooking 8 23-06-2005 08:28 PM
Barb's Brownies failures ain't Barb's fault! Felice Friese General Cooking 5 06-06-2004 07:46 PM