Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pan Pan is offline

Default BYE BYE Barack... HELLO Sarah!

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 23:17:12 -0400, Stan Horwitz >
wrote:

>> McCain lead one of the largest air squadron in the navy. I was
>> responsible for budget, manpower,ect, just like a CEO.

The I is a obvious mistake. It should be " I believe that McCain was
responsible"
> McCain was in charge of a training squadron based in
>Florida after he returned home from Vietnam, not one of the largest air
>squadrons in the Navy.

Pensacola is not one of the largest Navy Air bases?
>Perhaps you have McCain confused with his father,

>I also find it hard to
>believe that commanding a training squad in Florida is better
>preparation for the White House than many other jobs.

Would a CEO of a large company (an equivalent position) be
preparation? It is a lot more executive experience then Obama.

>Here's some info on McCain's life
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCain#...iaison_to_Sena
>te.2C_and_second_marriage

And his personal life (it's only about sex) has what to do with
experience?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pan Pan is offline

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 23:57:56 -0400, Stan Horwitz >
wrote:

> McCain's health
>insurance plan (see his web site) is proof that he has no clue what the
>average person's concerns are, so I don't see how he could be a good
>advocate for the kind of change in Washington that matters to regular
>American folks.

Now your into your opinion, which is in your mind is correct, and in
my mind incorrect. I believe that McCain's plans are better then
Obama's , that is why I will vote for McCain.

And it is much better to argue policy then personalities.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pan" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 23:57:56 -0400, Stan Horwitz >
> wrote:
>
>> McCain's health
>>insurance plan (see his web site) is proof that he has no clue what the
>>average person's concerns are, so I don't see how he could be a good
>>advocate for the kind of change in Washington that matters to regular
>>American folks.

> Now your into your opinion, which is in your mind is correct, and in
> my mind incorrect. I believe that McCain's plans are better then
> Obama's , that is why I will vote for McCain.
>
> And it is much better to argue policy then personalities.

And yet better to argue American politics on an American Political news
group.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pan Pan is offline

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 17:11:29 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>from wiki:
>
>Abstinence-only sex education is a form of sex education that emphasizes
>abstinence from sex to the exclusion of all other types of sexual and
>reproductive health education, particularly regarding birth control and
>safe sex. This type of sex education promotes sexual abstinence until
>marriage and either *completely avoids any discussion about the use of
>contraceptives, or only reveals failure rates associated with such use.*

For starters, Wiki is not the best place to prove a point, it is
rather fluid.
>even if that were true, parents are 'encouraged' to do a lot of things that
>a lot of them can't be bothered with. so you end of with some kids
>believing a lot of stupid things about how pregnancies happen.

>blake

Blake this girl was 17 years old, when she decided to have unprotected
sex. Do you think that she knew nothing about safe sex , except what
she was taught in school.
You evidently know nothing about kids that age.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pan Pan is offline

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 22:16:43 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>announcing bristol's pregnancy was a public service announcement by the
>mccain campaign. they're on your side!
>
>your pal,
>blake

Blake it was a preemptive strike. You know the press, would have had a
field day with this, which they did. But this way the campaign, will
not have to respond to charges, that they try to hide this.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Pan > wrote:

> On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 23:17:12 -0400, Stan Horwitz >
> wrote:
>

> >> McCain lead one of the largest air squadron in the navy. I was
> >> responsible for budget, manpower,ect, just like a CEO.

> The I is a obvious mistake. It should be " I believe that McCain was
> responsible"
> > McCain was in charge of a training squadron based in
> >Florida after he returned home from Vietnam, not one of the largest air
> >squadrons in the Navy.

> Pensacola is not one of the largest Navy Air bases?
> >Perhaps you have McCain confused with his father,

> >I also find it hard to
> >believe that commanding a training squad in Florida is better
> >preparation for the White House than many other jobs.

> Would a CEO of a large company (an equivalent position) be
> preparation? It is a lot more executive experience then Obama.

Which CEO would you like? The CEO of General Motors, Ford, or Chrysler?
How about Carly Fiorina who does some speaking on McCain's behalf, and
while head of Hewlett Packard, she almost ran it into the ground before
she was asked to leave.

Likening the presidency to being the CEO of a private company is silly.
The job of leader of the free world is unlike any other job on the
planet. If CEO experience is so important for Republicans, you should
have nominated Mitt Romney, but you opted for a guy who has not spent
any time working in the capacity of CEO, and neither has Palin.

> >Here's some info on McCain's life
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCain#...iaison_to_Sena
> >te.2C_and_second_marriage

> And his personal life (it's only about sex) has what to do with
> experience?

It certainly speaks to McCain's character, and as he said in his
acceptance speech, the job of president is all about character.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 23:30:58 +0200, "Giusi" >
wrote:

>"Pan" > ha scritto nel messaggio
.. .
>> On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 23:57:56 -0400, Stan Horwitz >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> McCain's health
>>>insurance plan (see his web site) is proof that he has no clue what the
>>>average person's concerns are, so I don't see how he could be a good
>>>advocate for the kind of change in Washington that matters to regular
>>>American folks.

>> Now your into your opinion, which is in your mind is correct, and in
>> my mind incorrect. I believe that McCain's plans are better then
>> Obama's , that is why I will vote for McCain.
>>
>> And it is much better to argue policy then personalities.

>And yet better to argue American politics on an American Political news
>group.

This isn't going to stop for a while Giusi! Most of the participants
here are American and live in the US, so it's relevant to us. This is
the most fired up (in a productive way) I've seen this group - ever.
Talk is good. When the tone of discussion drops to name calling, I'll
kill file the threads. At the moment, they are interesting. People
have strong opinions and back them up with facts (so far).

If we were this passionate about the last election, who knows? Maybe
it would have had a different outcome.

Very few people here have any interest in going to an unknown
political ng filled with people who think there's a conspiracy behind
every headline in the news.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Pan > wrote:

> On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 23:57:56 -0400, Stan Horwitz >
> wrote:
>
> > McCain's health
> >insurance plan (see his web site) is proof that he has no clue what the
> >average person's concerns are, so I don't see how he could be a good
> >advocate for the kind of change in Washington that matters to regular
> >American folks.

> Now your into your opinion, which is in your mind is correct, and in
> my mind incorrect. I believe that McCain's plans are better then
> Obama's , that is why I will vote for McCain.
>
> And it is much better to argue policy then personalities.

Why do you favor McCain's health insurance proposal?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT - What makes a President "Presidential"?

"cybercat" > wrote in news:ga37mb$dao$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

> Hi Michel. Whatcha have for breakfast?

Nothing yet. It'll have to be simple. Our house is a complete shambles
since my step-daughter, her boyfriend, her two dogs and her rabbit moved in
with us (with a bunch of stuff we really don't have room for because we're
already storing the other three children's crap downstairs). Her boyfriend
is off to Hoboken in a couple of weeks, after he defends his PhD thesis,
for post-grad work at Columbia for a year. She will be travelling between
Ottawa and Hoboken for a year, but for the nonce she is gainfully employed
and that's actually a good thing, although her term is set to expire end of
October. His income should be sufficient to cover her needs here as well
by then (gas, food). Her daughter is now at her father's and comes to
sleep over on weekends, which ratchets up the noise and irritation level
for me at a time that I have negotiated with my employer (I work four days
a week instead of five) as I needed more time to do things in a relaxed
fashion. No such luck. Oh well, I retire in 281 calendar days.

Oh, I just remembered, we have some excellent nitrate-free slab bacon...but
the problem is that everybody is going to want some too...grrr...

So, eggs, slab bacon, toast, tea. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 9, 12:34�am, Stan Horwitz > wrote:
> In article >,
>
> �Pan > wrote:
> > On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 23:57:56 -0400, Stan Horwitz >
> > wrote:

> > > McCain's health
> > >insurance plan (see his web site) is proof that he has no clue what the
> > >average person's concerns are, so I don't see how he could be a good
> > >advocate for the kind of change in Washington that matters to regular
> > >American folks.

> > Now your into your opinion, which is in your mind is correct, and in
> > my mind incorrect. �I believe that McCain's plans are better then
> > Obama's , that is why I will vote for McCain.

> > And it is much better to argue policy then personalities.

> Why do you favor McCain's health insurance proposal?

Because a "health plan" or anything called a "plan" is something
inferior shoved down hard working citizen's throats. I don't want an
auto insurance plan. I don't want a home owner's insurance plan. I
don't want any insurance *plan*. I want to buy my own insurance,
thank you very much... same as I buy my own groceries. Maybe you want
to be on the dole and exist on hand outs like those in homeless
shelters so the gubermint can take care of you. NOT ME! And I
certainly don't want government dictating what level of health care
entitlements I deserve. I've always bought my own medical insurance
and so can everyone else. You'd rather spend your money on good
times, go ahead, but when you get sick don't come running to me to pay
your medical bills, grasshopper. Get sick and you didn't buy health
care because you needed ball game tickets more, that's just tough
titty... and that's McCain's health plan... it's called "Tough
Titty". I'm much in favor of Gov't by Tough Titty, that's another
reason I like Sarah, Sarah, Sarah!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 12:14:14 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> "cybercat" > wrote:
>>

>> Are you really that BLIND?
>>
>> I pity you babe. I really do!
>>
>> Go live in Russia if you like the Government to control that much of
>> your life.
>>
>> Or are you looking for free handouts?

> yep, centrist all the way.
>
> blake

We are both centrists. Let's form our own party.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pan Pan is offline

wrote:

>"Pan" > ha scritto nel messaggio
.. .
>> On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 23:57:56 -0400, Stan Horwitz >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> McCain's health
>>>insurance plan (see his web site) is proof that he has no clue what the
>>>average person's concerns are, so I don't see how he could be a good
>>>advocate for the kind of change in Washington that matters to regular
>>>American folks.

>> Now your into your opinion, which is in your mind is correct, and in
>> my mind incorrect. I believe that McCain's plans are better then
>> Obama's , that is why I will vote for McCain.
>>
>> And it is much better to argue policy then personalities.

>And yet better to argue American politics on an American Political news
>group.

That may be true, but I am responding to thread that I did not start.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pan Pan is offline

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 00:34:08 -0400, Stan Horwitz >
wrote:

>> And it is much better to argue policy then personalities.

>Why do you favor McCain's health insurance proposal?

Because it gives people freedom to decide for them selves, what health
insurance that they want. It will not force them in to government
healthcare.
I personally thing that there is no need for a massive change in
health care. After the number of those who decide that they don't
want, or need it, those who have programs available to them, and
won't apply, ect., there is not that many who don't have insurgence.
Let concentrate on those, and not a new massive program.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meltdown BYE BYE Barack... HELLO Sarah!

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 15:11:26 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message

>>> Oh my, are you melting down, blake? Does this mean the costume party is
>>> off?
>>> *Looking sadly at my Groucho glasses.*

>> nope. i'm still mostly solid.
>>

> *beam* Well then, let's see if we can just firm that up for you. hahahaha!

let me slip into something more comfortable.

yourpal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pan Pan is offline

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 22:05:33 -0400, Stan Horwitz >
wrote:

>Which CEO would you like? The CEO of General Motors, Ford, or Chrysler?
>How about Carly Fiorina who does some speaking on McCain's behalf, and
>while head of Hewlett Packard, she almost ran it into the ground before
>she was asked to leave.

How about the CEO of a profitable, legal, one. There are a number of
them you know.

>Likening the presidency to being the CEO of a private company is silly.
>The job of leader of the free world is unlike any other job on the
>planet. If CEO experience is so important for Republicans, you should
>have nominated Mitt Romney, but you opted for a guy who has not spent
>any time working in the capacity of CEO, and neither has Palin.

I just told you about McCain's CEO experience, but to you if it is in
government it's not experience, unless it Obama's running for an
office.
Palin ran a state with an 11 Billion $ budget, and 25K employees.
Isn't that CEO experience.

>> And his personal life (it's only about sex) has what to do with
>> experience?

>It certainly speaks to McCain's character, and as he said in his
>acceptance speech, the job of president is all about character.

And B. Clinton got a B.J. in the oval office, and it was just sex.
And BHO spent 20 years in an anti-American and racist church.
Is that the character, you want in a president?
McCain apologized for what he did more then 25 years ago.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pan" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 22:05:33 -0400, Stan Horwitz >
> wrote:
>

>>Which CEO would you like? The CEO of General Motors, Ford, or Chrysler?
>>How about Carly Fiorina who does some speaking on McCain's behalf, and
>>while head of Hewlett Packard, she almost ran it into the ground before
>>she was asked to leave.

> How about the CEO of a profitable, legal, one. There are a number of
> them you know.
>>
>>Likening the presidency to being the CEO of a private company is silly.
>>The job of leader of the free world is unlike any other job on the
>>planet. If CEO experience is so important for Republicans, you should
>>have nominated Mitt Romney, but you opted for a guy who has not spent
>>any time working in the capacity of CEO, and neither has Palin.

> I just told you about McCain's CEO experience, but to you if it is in
> government it's not experience, unless it Obama's running for an
> office.
> Palin ran a state with an 11 Billion $ budget, and 25K employees.
> Isn't that CEO experience.
>>

>>> And his personal life (it's only about sex) has what to do with
>>> experience?

>>It certainly speaks to McCain's character, and as he said in his
>>acceptance speech, the job of president is all about character.

> And B. Clinton got a B.J. in the oval office, and it was just sex.
> And BHO spent 20 years in an anti-American and racist church.
> Is that the character, you want in a president?
> McCain apologized for what he did more then 25 years ago.

> http://thecentrecannothold.net/2008/...mberjack-song/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 15:11:26 -0400, cybercat wrote:

>>> nope. i'm still mostly solid.
>>>

>> *beam* Well then, let's see if we can just firm that up for you.
>> hahahaha!

> let me slip into something more comfortable.

You're really very good at this.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Pan > wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 00:34:08 -0400, Stan Horwitz >
> wrote:
>

> >> And it is much better to argue policy then personalities.

> >Why do you favor McCain's health insurance proposal?

> Because it gives people freedom to decide for them selves, what health
> insurance that they want. It will not force them in to government
> healthcare.
> I personally thing that there is no need for a massive change in
> health care. After the number of those who decide that they don't
> want, or need it, those who have programs available to them, and
> won't apply, ect., there is not that many who don't have insurgence.
> Let concentrate on those, and not a new massive program.

Hmmm! I have no problem with your approach. My problem with McCain's
policy is that he would tax employer funded health insurance. When
McCain's buddy President Bush floated that idea, he dropped it like a
hot potato, but McCain is pursuing the idea while keeping quiet on his
plan to tax employer provided medical insurance.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz wrote:
> Hmmm! I have no problem with your approach. My problem with McCain's
> policy is that he would tax employer funded health insurance. When
> McCain's buddy President Bush floated that idea, he dropped it like a
> hot potato, but McCain is pursuing the idea while keeping quiet on his
> plan to tax employer provided medical insurance.

We pay for our National Health Insurance along with our taxes. Many of us,
who can afford to, buy private insurance too!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:55:14 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message

>>> *beam* Well then, let's see if we can just firm that up for you.
>>> hahahaha!

>> let me slip into something more comfortable.
>>

> You're really very good at this.

i have some mighty fine etchings, too.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote :

> i have some mighty fine etchings, too.

No doubt. Sorry about humping your post, I do that when I get excited.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba wrote:

> ideally abstinence is safest option

Like old joke about the couple who went to a doctor to find out if there was
a birth-control option which was COMPLETELY effective. The doctor walked to
his bookshelves, thumbed through several books, then returned to his desk,
sat down, and said, "Eat an apple."

"That's it? Eat an apple? Oh, we can do THAT! Thank you, doctor, thank you
very much!" the husband said, as they turned to leave.

The couple stopped in the doorway and the wife looked back and said,
"Doctor, should we eat the apple before or after we have sex?"

The doctor replied, "Instead."

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pan wrote:

> this girl was 17 years old, when she decided to have unprotected sex.

How do you know that it wasn't a case of the pill not working, or a condom
breaking, or something like that? It's not like either Bristol or her
boyfriend are giving details of the conception.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> Goomba wrote:
>
>> ideally abstinence is safest option

> Like old joke about the couple who went to a doctor to find out if there was
> a birth-control option which was COMPLETELY effective. The doctor walked to
> his bookshelves, thumbed through several books, then returned to his desk,
> sat down, and said, "Eat an apple."

Alt: "An aspirin tablet."

> "That's it? Eat an apple? Oh, we can do THAT! Thank you, doctor, thank you
> very much!" the husband said, as they turned to leave.
>
> The couple stopped in the doorway and the wife looked back and said,
> "Doctor, should we eat the apple before or after we have sex?"
>
> The doctor replied, "Instead."

Alt: "Hold it between your knees."

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky wrote:

>> The couple stopped in the doorway and the wife looked back and said,
>> "Doctor, should we eat the apple before or after we have sex?"
>>
>> The doctor replied, "Instead."

> Alt: "Hold it between your knees."

There are plenty of couples who would take that as a CHALLENGE.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> Blinky wrote:
>
>>> The couple stopped in the doorway and the wife looked back and said,
>>> "Doctor, should we eat the apple before or after we have sex?"
>>>
>>> The doctor replied, "Instead."

>> Alt: "Hold it between your knees."

> There are plenty of couples who would take that as a CHALLENGE.

Especially the way it reads as you snipped it -- that they're supposed to
do that with an apple, not the aspirin that is the joke.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Blinky wrote:
>
>>> The couple stopped in the doorway and the wife looked back and said,
>>> "Doctor, should we eat the apple before or after we have sex?"
>>>
>>> The doctor replied, "Instead."

>> Alt: "Hold it between your knees."

> There are plenty of couples who would take that as a CHALLENGE.

And a cingularly easy one to succeed at, too. Whoever
came up with that 'aspirin between your knees' has no
imagination whatsoever.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:23:38 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote :
>>
>> i have some mighty fine etchings, too.
>>

> No doubt. Sorry about humping your post, I do that when I get excited.

patience, my sweet.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:23:38 -0400, cybercat wrote:
>
>> "blake murphy" > wrote :
>>>
>>> i have some mighty fine etchings, too.
>>>

>> No doubt. Sorry about humping your post, I do that when I get excited.

> patience, my sweet.

Ever see the cartoon with two skinny buzzards sitting in a tree. One says,
"Patience hell, I'm going to go kill something."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> Pan wrote:
>
>> this girl was 17 years old, when she decided to have unprotected sex.

> How do you know that it wasn't a case of the pill not working, or a
> condom breaking, or something like that? It's not like either Bristol or
> her boyfriend are giving details of the conception.

Yup. And it's not inconceivable (hur hur) that a teenager on birth
control pills might fail to mention the fact to a dermatologist
prescribing antibiotics for zits.

Doxicycline, commonly prescribed for control of acne, renders the pill
ineffective as birth control. Utilization of a secondary method is
absolutely mandatory.

It's easy enough to imagine a responsible teen who has sought
contraceptives on her own being reluctant to mention the fact at the
dermatologist while Mumsy Dearest, a believer in "abstinence only" is
sitting next to her.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:09:01 -0500, Kathleen
> wrote:

>Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>
>> Pan wrote:
>>
>>> this girl was 17 years old, when she decided to have unprotected sex.

>> How do you know that it wasn't a case of the pill not working, or a
>> condom breaking, or something like that? It's not like either Bristol or
>> her boyfriend are giving details of the conception.

>Yup. And it's not inconceivable (hur hur) that a teenager on birth
>control pills might fail to mention the fact to a dermatologist
>prescribing antibiotics for zits.
>
>Doxicycline, commonly prescribed for control of acne, renders the pill
>ineffective as birth control. Utilization of a secondary method is
>absolutely mandatory.
>
>It's easy enough to imagine a responsible teen who has sought
>contraceptives on her own being reluctant to mention the fact at the
>dermatologist while Mumsy Dearest, a believer in "abstinence only" is
>sitting next to her.

?huh? I thought birth control pills were prescribed for zits. At
least they were when I was a teen. Oh! Now that I think of it, maybe
that's a <wink wink>... doctors being proactive and all.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf fnord :

> On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:09:01 -0500, Kathleen
> > wrote:
>
>>Bob Terwilliger wrote:

>>> How do you know that it wasn't a case of the pill not working, or a
>>> condom breaking, or something like that? It's not like either
>>> Bristol or her boyfriend are giving details of the conception.

>>Yup. And it's not inconceivable (hur hur) that a teenager on birth
>>control pills might fail to mention the fact to a dermatologist
>>prescribing antibiotics for zits.
>>
>>Doxicycline, commonly prescribed for control of acne, renders the pill
>>ineffective as birth control. Utilization of a secondary method is
>>absolutely mandatory.
>>
>>It's easy enough to imagine a responsible teen who has sought
>>contraceptives on her own being reluctant to mention the fact at the
>>dermatologist while Mumsy Dearest, a believer in "abstinence only" is
>>sitting next to her.

> ?huh? I thought birth control pills were prescribed for zits. At
> least they were when I was a teen. Oh! Now that I think of it, maybe
> that's a <wink wink>... doctors being proactive and all.

they can be, but the antibiotics that are also sometimes prescribed
contraindicate birth control pills.

--
Saerah

"Welcome to Usenet, Biatch! Adapt or haul ass!"
- some hillbilly from FL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tongue

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 19:58:50 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Ed wrote about tongue:
>
>> It can't lick back once sliced. Put it on rye bread with a good mustard.
>> If you like corned beef you'll like tongue once you get past the mental
>> block.

>Tongue is good in tacos. Lin recently made a very tasty caldo with it, too.
>
>Bob

What mental block? I don't think tongue is any different than any
other variety meat, like liver. Now on Taboo last nite they had
people(in China) eating penis's from sheep, yak, seal, donkey, deer &
even from snake(didn't know they had one). Now that would definitely
create a mental block.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Roughrider50 > wrote:

> Now on Taboo last nite they had
> people(in China) eating penis's from sheep, yak, seal, donkey, deer &
> even from snake(didn't know they had one). Now that would definitely
> create a mental block.

Snakes actually have two...
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathleen wrote:

> Yup. And it's not inconceivable (hur hur) that a teenager on birth
> control pills might fail to mention the fact to a dermatologist
> prescribing antibiotics for zits.
>
> Doxicycline, commonly prescribed for control of acne, renders the pill
> ineffective as birth control. Utilization of a secondary method is
> absolutely mandatory.
>
> It's easy enough to imagine a responsible teen who has sought
> contraceptives on her own being reluctant to mention the fact at the
> dermatologist while Mumsy Dearest, a believer in "abstinence only" is
> sitting next to her.

My sister was taking the pill and she was prescribed doxycycline for
rosacea. Nine months later, she had a baby. He was her 5th child and her
only unplanned pregnancy.

Becca