Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default WOT: BYE BYE Barack... HELLO Sarah!

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> cyber**** wrote:
>
> > You're sounding just a tad hysterical there, old girl. Touch a nerve,

did
> > I?

> I think you gots a big ol' block o' gubmint cheese in yo' fridge, lil'

ho'.

Lol...

Bob - 1

cyberclueless - 0

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> "George" > wrote in message
> > cybercat wrote:

when

caller

the

he

> >> To say that these are the most significant activities of his life is
> >> ridiculous.

> > Is there any particular reason why being associated with the death of
> > another human shouldn't be considered "significant"?. Thats the record

he
> > made for himself.

> How old was he when the accident happend, George? And what has he done
> since. You show a rabid partisan side on this topic that is not pretty.
> Being involved in an accident is not at all the most significant thing Ted
> Kennedy has done. The big Evil Deed you allude to has more to do with, as

> recall, an alleged attempted coverup of his involvement in the event. (I

was
> a child when it happened so the details are fuzzy. With Joe Kennedy as a
> father, what would you expect to happen at that time? If indeed there was

> coverup, it was what many families might have done.
>
> Even in the worst case scenario, which is indeed that Ted drove under the
> influence, is responsible for the accident, then tried to cover it up out

of
> fear, it is *still* not the defining event of his life.

I wonder what Mr. and Mrs. Kopechne would make of your statement...

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> It was an accident, George. Many people make egregious mistakes when they
> are young. It is absurd to pretend that this event defines this man.

You conveniently snipped what I wrote:

"To answer your question. According to Google Kennedy was born in 1932
and Mary Jo Kopechne died in 1969 so he was 37. He was also a US senator
at the time who swore to uphold the Constitution when he walked away
from the car that contained another human. So he wasn't a confused
teenager who might be excused from bad behavior who might go on to
better himself as an adult."

So at about age do you suppose one becomes a responsible adult?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz wrote:

> In article >,
> enigma > wrote:
>
> > blake murphy > wrote in
> > :
> >
> > > so, honestly, it doesn't sound like he's after everyone's
> > > guns.

> > true...
> > i'm pretty sure that Palin just poisoned any chance McCain
> > had of winning my vote anyway.

> I spent today (Saturday) assisting residential college students where I
> work with setting up their computers for Internet access. While I was
> helping one freshman, she was sitting in her dorm talking with her
> roommate and a friend about the election and Palin.
>
> This young woman said she honestly thinks her parents would rather her
> be a ******* then a Democrat, but that there is no way she would ever
> vote for McCain due to his opposition to abortion rights. Her two
> friends said the same thing. They also said they thought Palin was
> "really hot" but then they said she's no reason to vote for McCain.

Palin is anti - abortion and pro - Second Amendment. She apparently puts
the rights of the unborn over the "right" of a wild animal not to be shot.
Sounds like the lady has her head screwed on pretty straight...

> I also spoke with a 50 something female friend of mine who is a
> long-time Hillary supporter. She thinks it was a lousy idea for McCain
> to pick Palin. She said McCain has to be nuts if he thinks he'll win a
> lot of votes from Hillary supporters by picking an anti-choice woman as
> his running mate.

Of course that's *not* McCain's strategy at *all*, Stan...and those "long -
time Hillary supporters" need to grow up, their candidate did not make the
cut. They need to move on with life...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default BYE BYE Barack... HELLO Sarah!

Goomba wrote:

> Michael "Dog3" wrote:
>
> > What happened to McCain's "not enough experience"? In his feeble mind

it
> > applies to Obama but not the mooseburger eating former mayor of a town

of
> > 9200 people? Palin is a joke and I sincerely hope she never gets a

chance
> > at the Presidency.
> >
> > Michael

> Does her being a "former mayor" of one town trump (in a negative way)
> over being a current Govenor of Alaska?
>
> I mean...we all "used" to do other things before our current
> positions...right?

Sure, ask Obama - he's been running for President practically longer than
he's been in public office, lol...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>
>> It was an accident, George. Many people make egregious mistakes when they
>> are young. It is absurd to pretend that this event defines this man.

> You conveniently snipped what I wrote:

I actually didn't see that, speed reading, I guess. Sorry.

> "To answer your question. According to Google Kennedy was born in 1932 and
> Mary Jo Kopechne died in 1969 so he was 37. He was also a US senator at
> the time who swore to uphold the Constitution when he walked away from the
> car that contained another human. So he wasn't a confused teenager who
> might be excused from bad behavior who might go on to better himself as an
> adult."
>
> So at about age do you suppose one becomes a responsible adult?

I did not know how old he was, only that it was a long time ago, and that he
has done a great deal of good since. You can condemn him for a dreadful
mistake made when he was under the influence, but you *still* cannot render
this event the defining one of his life. Period.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" wrote:

> enigma > news:Xns9B0AD98E5633Eenigmaempirenet@
> 199.125.85.9: in rec.food.cooking
>
> > blake murphy > wrote in
> > :

> >> are you nuts? whatever else you want to say, hillary is a
> >> democrat to the bone.

> > um, no, she's not. she was originally a die hard Republican.
> > she still sounds like a Republican if you listen.
> > lee

> I think she sounds savvy and is very seasoned in Washington politics. Of
> all the candidates she's my choice. Since she did not get the nomination
> I've gone to the Obama camp. I sure as hell don't want 4 more years of
> the same crap we've had in the past 8.

I'd dearly love to vote for him, but I increasingly think he simply does not
have the experience and thus the chops to be POTUS...

I'm also not real impressed with some of the louche characters he's chosen
to consort with (Rezko, the black preacher, etc.). Shows very poor
judgement IMNSHO, he should have known better...

The last times I voted for "new" and "change" I get Jimmy Carter, Illinois
Senator Carole Mosely - Braun and Bill Clinton. All terrible disasters, all
terribly disappointing...

It's fun to get caught up in the "Obama wave", but it's a ruch similar to
being at a rock concert or other "feel - good" event. When we have to go
toe - to - toe with forces for evil such as the Russians or Islamists all
that counts for nothing...

I don't like McCain either, so I'm kinda stuck...heck, mebbe I'll write in
Pauly Shore or somebody, lol.

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 31, 12:37�pm, George > wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
> > It was an accident, George. Many people make egregious mistakes when they
> > are young. It is absurd to pretend that this event defines this man.

> You conveniently snipped what I wrote:
>
> "To answer your question. According to Google Kennedy was born in 1932
> and Mary Jo Kopechne died in 1969 so he was 37. He was also a US senator
> at the time who swore to uphold the Constitution when he walked away
> from the car that contained another human. So he wasn't a confused
> teenager who might be excused from bad behavior who might go on to
> better himself as an adult."
>
> So at about age do you suppose one becomes a responsible adult?

But it wasn't appropriate to compare the Kennedy event with OJ... two
very different sets of circumstances in every respect... by bringing
in OJ you shot your argument in the foot.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message

> Of course that's *not* McCain's strategy at *all*, Stan...and those
> "long -
> time Hillary supporters" need to grow up, their candidate did not make the
> cut. They need to move on with life...

From my unscientific observations, there are two kinds of Hillary
supporters. Those the look at her accomplishments and agenda and support
it. The other is the ones that will vote for her because she is a woman.
The first ones are rational thinkers and will find a different candidate to
support whose ideas are similar to their own. The second group will vote for
any woman in any party no matter the qualifications.

Single issue voters are usually very shortsighted and have no idea how our
congress works.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 31, 12:52�pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "George" > wrote in message

> > cybercat wrote:

> >> It was an accident, George. Many people make egregious mistakes when they
> >> are young. It is absurd to pretend that this event defines this man.

> > You conveniently snipped what I wrote:

> I actually didn't see that, speed reading, I guess. Sorry.
>

> > "To answer your question. According to Google Kennedy was born in 1932 and
> > Mary Jo Kopechne died in 1969 so he was 37. He was also a US senator at
> > the time who swore to uphold the Constitution when he walked away from the
> > car that contained another human. So he wasn't a confused teenager who
> > might be excused from bad behavior who might go on to better himself as an
> > adult."

> > So at about age do you suppose one becomes a responsible adult?

> I did not know how old he was, only that it was a long time ago, and that he
> has done a great deal of good since. You can condemn him for a dreadful
> mistake made when he was under the influence, but you *still* cannot render
> this event the defining one of his life. Period.

Why not... that's the single event that truly made Ted Kennedy
noteworthy, otherwise he'd just be the big bag of political bluster he
has always been, no different from the rest of his Capitol cohorts.
Ted Kennedy should have been in prison until his demise... only reason
he's not is his family's influence. Don't you know how the Kennedys
obtained their wealth and power, rum running during prohibition.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 31, 2:34�am, "Bob Terwilliger" >
wrote:
> cyber**** wrote:
> > You're sounding just a tad hysterical there, old girl. Touch a nerve, did
> > I?

> I think you gots a big ol' block o' gubmint cheese in yo' fridge, lil' ho'.

Velveeta Vulva can fit an entire wheel of cheddar up her ice-a-box!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 12:39:08 -0700, sf wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:12:19 -0700, "Dimitri" >
> wrote:
>
>>I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
>>man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
>>blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

> Last year was a blip on the radar screen, due to book royalties. What
> was his income for the past 10 years?

he wrote two books (him, not 'with' anybody) and earned it. mccain married
it.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 18:24:22 -0400, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message
>>> I wonder if Hillary would have run if McCain picked her. Both are
>>> desperate
>>> enough to win to do something like that.

>> are you nuts? whatever else you want to say, hillary is a democrat to the
>> bone.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> She's a Hillarest to the bone. I imagine she'd do most anything to be VP,
> let alone the Prez. She has been loyal to the party, but that has paid
> dividends for her too.

if she's as self-centered as you say, why would she settle for
vice-president? or do you think she's an assassin as well?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 23:16:18 -0400, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> She's a Hillarest to the bone. I imagine she'd do most anything to be
>>> VP, let alone the Prez. She has been loyal to the party, but that has
>>> paid dividends for her too.

>> Edwin, you really don't know what the **** you're talking about.
>>

> You're too funny. Hillary is a carpetbagger that went to NY because there
> was an opening. Yes, she has done a lot of good work for the Democrats, but
> she has political ambitions and wants to be President. I think you'd be
> amazed at just how far she'd go. She has been good for the people of NY,
> but that does not make her any less of an opportunist.

she went looking for a job, got it, and does it well. what a she-devil!

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz wrote:
> In article >,
> Goomba > wrote:
>
>> Michael "Dog3" wrote:
>>
>>> Of course but most of us might need a tad bit more experience than 2
>>> years as Governor before stepping into the White House. Would you
>>> like her running the country? I wouldn't. Nothing trumps her
>>> current position. Apparently Alaskans are fond of her for whatever
>>> reason. IMO she sure as hell doesn't have what it takes to assume
>>> the Presidency. As VP I'm sure she would be fine.
>>>
>>> Michael

>> I'd venture to say her two years of executive state government
>> experience is about equal to Obama's, eh?

> If so, then McCain and his supporters can't take Obama to task for
> lacking enough experience to be president. Eh?

Sure they can, Stan. After all it is McCain vs. Obama, not Palin vs. Obama.
One candidate, among the 4 people running for the presidential ticket, would
learn from the long-term national experiences of an elected president.
Another would learn from the long-term experiences of an elected vice
president.

For those of you in this thread to argue that McCain lost credibility by
claiming the need for experience in an elected president, based on the
selection of a running mate, is silly and weak and doesn't hold up to the
giggle test. It sounds more like serious spinning and grasping at straws in
order to find something, ANYTHING, to overcome the perceived weakness of
Obama's lack of experience. The only folks that will buy the 'Palin has no
more experience than Obama' rationalization are those who are firmly in
Obama's camp regardless. It is better to focus on whether the qualities
Barack might bring as president, outweighs the experience that McCain might
bring as president.

And you McCain supporters, you really need to look at how silly you make
McCain look when you waste time arguing such stupid minutiae. You need to
recognize the logical fallacy of the Palin-Obama-McCain-Experience nonsense
and quit giving such a lame argument validation. I don't give a rat's ass
worth of time obsessing on the experience issue. Experience is nice. But so
is the ability to find the best advisors, to evaluate what those advisors
say, and then to make a timely decision based on what you believe is the
right thing to do for *America*, not what is politically expedient.

I don't know if I will vote for either of the two "Big Politics" offerings.
Reading this thread and absorbing the juvenile antics of both camps leaves
me shaking my head at the the level of behavior, which seems to be reflected
in much of the voting population at large. I don't know if I want to vote
for a candidate of either stripe whose devotees have no more faith in their
candidate than to focus on the kind of tripe (ob food) offered in this
thread. Some of you are clearly capable of offering a more cogent argument
on the strengths of your favored candidate than what this thread represents.
You should reserve your credibility for those instances.

--
Dave

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 01:23:12 +0000 (UTC), enigma wrote:

> blake murphy > wrote in
> :

>>> I wonder if Hillary would have run if McCain picked her.
>>> Both are desperate enough to win to do something like
>>> that.

>> are you nuts? whatever else you want to say, hillary is a
>> democrat to the bone.

> um, no, she's not. she was originally a die hard Republican.
> she still sounds like a Republican if you listen.
> lee

sure, *forty-four years ago* in 1964. she was a goldwater girl (following
her parents lead politically, as most people do), but supported eugene
mccarthy in 1968, and democrats ever after.

if you want to argue that she's not particularly *liberal*, i'd agree with
that, pretty much. but i can no more imagine her running on a republican
ticket than robbing a gas station.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 13:59:48 -0700 (PDT), bulka wrote:

> Hey,sailor. Wanna drill my ANWR?
>
> http://i38.tinypic.com/2d505t.jpg

i hope that's photoshopped, or i might vote for her anyway.

some wag on one of the blogs said 'i'm not going to vote for a woman who
couldn't even win a beauty contest.'

(o.k., that first sentence was a lie. she's not all that hot. but
mccain's wife is getting older, maybe he wants a trade-in again.)

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 01:21:08 GMT, Michael "Dog3" wrote:

> Goomba > :
> in rec.food.cooking
>

>> Does her being a "former mayor" of one town trump (in a negative way)
>> over being a current Govenor of Alaska?
>>
>> I mean...we all "used" to do other things before our current
>> positions...right?

> Of course but most of us might need a tad bit more experience than 2
> years as Governor before stepping into the White House. Would you like
> her running the country? I wouldn't. Nothing trumps her current
> position. Apparently Alaskans are fond of her for whatever reason. IMO
> she sure as hell doesn't have what it takes to assume the Presidency. As
> VP I'm sure she would be fine.
>
> Michael

**** that. a wag on one of the blogs, in view of her extreme right-wing
beliefs, said 'palin: all of the cheney without the dick.'

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 21:39:51 -0400, Goomba wrote:

> Michael "Dog3" wrote:
>
>> Of course but most of us might need a tad bit more experience than 2
>> years as Governor before stepping into the White House. Would you like
>> her running the country? I wouldn't. Nothing trumps her current
>> position. Apparently Alaskans are fond of her for whatever reason. IMO
>> she sure as hell doesn't have what it takes to assume the Presidency. As
>> VP I'm sure she would be fine.
>>
>> Michael

> I'd venture to say her two years of executive state government
> experience is about equal to Obama's, eh?

i wouldn't. and there's no way in hell she's as smart as him.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 21:19:02 -0700, Cindy Fuller wrote:

> In article >,
> "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
>
>> Methinks you might want to research both candidates a bit more before
>> making a statement like that. Look at the education and experience. I
>> don't have anything against Palin personally. I don't believe she is a
>> candidate I would want in the Oval Office which could very well happen
>> considering McCain's age. Hopefully nothing would/will happen to him but
>> at his age anything can happen. I think that the Repubs are grasping at
>> straws to lessen the blow of what may very well be a landslide victory
>> for the Dems. <shrug> who knows. Anyway I hate discussing politics.
>>

> If McCain wanted a female maverick with experience, he could have gone
> with one of the Senators from Maine. Both Olympia Snowe and Susan
> Collins are independent women who are well respected. Kay Bailey
> Hutchison, although a more conventional Republican, also would have been
> a more experienced choice. The rumor mill has it that she's bent on
> running for Texas governor in 2010.

it's just bizarre. i don't know how he expects this to woo disaffected
hillary voters. choosing a hot younger woman over the women you mention?
shades of cindy!

meanwhile, all the movement conservative types are scratching their heads
and saying 'what the ****?'

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 23:08:42 -0400, Stan Horwitz wrote:

> In article >,
> Goomba > wrote:
>
>> Michael "Dog3" wrote:
>>
>>> Of course but most of us might need a tad bit more experience than 2
>>> years as Governor before stepping into the White House. Would you like
>>> her running the country? I wouldn't. Nothing trumps her current
>>> position. Apparently Alaskans are fond of her for whatever reason. IMO
>>> she sure as hell doesn't have what it takes to assume the Presidency. As
>>> VP I'm sure she would be fine.
>>>
>>> Michael

>> I'd venture to say her two years of executive state government
>> experience is about equal to Obama's, eh?

> If so, then McCain and his supporters can't take Obama to task for
> lacking enough experience to be president. Eh?

trust me, it won't slow them down in the least. repeat after me the
all-purpose mantra: 'it's o.k. if you're a republican.'

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 20:26:11 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> In article >,
> Goomba > wrote:
>
>> I'd venture to say her two years of executive state government
>> experience is about equal to Obama's, eh?

> Nah. Obama has never been in an executive position. Gosh, how I love to
> see how different people see the world with radically different
> perspectives.

um, neither has mccain. the navy never saw fit to give him a high command
position. maybe it was the four planes he crashed before getting shot
down.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 07:49:49 -0400, Stan Horwitz wrote:

> With Palin as his running mate, the question of experience or lack
> thereof is simply off the table. That's McCain's big mistake in this
> campaign because he just threw out the one area where he beats Obama,
> experience, but even there, its not a big advantage because McCain's
> experience sucks.

that's the key point. experience doesn't count for much if you
consistently reach the wrong decisions.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 06:55:41 -0400, Stan Horwitz wrote:

> If anyone's a political whore, its McCain. He wants Bush to campaign
> with him and raise money for his campaign, but he says he's opposed to
> Bush's policies, yet he voted for over 90% of Bush's policies. Talk
> about shameless flip flopping!

yet the media keeps talking about what a 'maverick' he is. maybe in 2000,
no more. it's maddening.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message

> if she's as self-centered as you say, why would she settle for
> vice-president? or do you think she's an assassin as well?
>
> your pal,
> blake

She ran for President but did not make it. VP is a good step. It worked
for many other VPs. She may even make a decent President, or at least
better than others that want the job.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 08:35:20 -0700 (PDT), Brawny wrote:

> Why does the liberal press have such a hard time with successful
> people? And yes, she has ONE home unlike the Biden Compound with
> many houses.
>
> Jus Say NO to JOBama!

the *biden* compound? you really are a ****ing idiot. he is ninety-ninth
on the list of wealthiest senators and i don't even think he has a house in
d.c. he goes home on amtrack every night.

let's see, how does that compare with the seven to twelve homes (poor
p.o.w. john can't remember, exactly) that mccain owns?

i mean, republican drones are usually brainless, but you take the cake.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:38:57 -0700, sf wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 23:09:10 -0700, "Mike"
> > wrote:
>
>>True. Also there never was Justice for Bush and his Puppeteer Cheney.
>>Pansy Ass Dems should have impeached his criminal ,lying ass years ago

> I agree they should have been impeached, but apparently Nancy Pelosi
> did not. She wanted it off the table as a campaign issue.
> Bush/Cheney and cohorts will get theirs eventually, if there is any
> justice left in this world.

from your lips to god's ears. i doubt it will happen, though. i would
like to see them in the dock at the hague, even though i don't think they
can hang people any more.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:45:23 -0700, sf wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:24:45 -0400, George >
> wrote:
>
>>Its all pretty simple. The democrats keep putting him on stage as an
>>admired and important member of their party.

> It's pretty simple why they do it. He's an elder statesman with the
> last name of Kennedy. If Jack and Bobby were still alive, he wouldn't
> be trotted out... but someone has to evoke the days of Camelot and
> that's him.

yeah, too bad john and bobby had to go and get themselves shot.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 19:52:20 -0400, George wrote:

> sf wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:24:45 -0400, George >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Its all pretty simple. The democrats keep putting him on stage as an
>>> admired and important member of their party.

>> It's pretty simple why they do it. He's an elder statesman with the
>> last name of Kennedy. If Jack and Bobby were still alive, he wouldn't
>> be trotted out... but someone has to evoke the days of Camelot and
>> that's him.
>>

> Seems accurate, from what I can tell he seems to be mostly a token
> placeholder just to keep old memories alive. And like any other
> celebrity who walked away from something because of his money and is
> technically innocent there is enough of a cloud remaining from him
> leaving Mary Jo Kopechne in the car and then going off to sober up and
> contact his handlers to make sure things would work out OK that folks
> will object. This questioning of what really happened will certainly
> continue whenever he his put on a stage.
>
> I happened to be commuting at an unusual time on Friday and caught a
> little snipped of a local radio talk show. The host is a moderate
> liberal. He had just posed the question "what do people think of when
> they hear the name Ted Kennedy?" For the next 20 minutes every caller
> said various combinations of drunk and the person responsible for the
> death of Mary Jo Kopechne. The host agreed that he thought the same.

who might this 'liberal' be? even if this didn't sound like bullshit, you
can count liberal on the radio on the fingers of one hand.

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 23:05:05 -0400, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> So, you mean Teddy does not have a reputation for drinking? And that he was
> not involved when Mary Jo drowned in his car? If it was a common guy that
> did that he'd have done jail time. Public service does not wipe out causing
> a death.

yeah, at least laura bush wasn't drunk when she killed a man in her
automobile. as far as we know.

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 12:37:29 -0400, George wrote:

> cybercat wrote:
>
>> It was an accident, George. Many people make egregious mistakes when they
>> are young. It is absurd to pretend that this event defines this man.
>>

> You conveniently snipped what I wrote:
>
> "To answer your question. According to Google Kennedy was born in 1932
> and Mary Jo Kopechne died in 1969 so he was 37. He was also a US senator
> at the time who swore to uphold the Constitution when he walked away
> from the car that contained another human. So he wasn't a confused
> teenager who might be excused from bad behavior who might go on to
> better himself as an adult."
>
> So at about age do you suppose one becomes a responsible adult?

well since george bush stopped drinking and snorting coke at age forty, i
guess we can still condider him a drunk and drug addict. it *would*
explain a lot.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 21:40:46 -0700, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> BTW, there's a term for the kind of government which tries to "level the
> playing field" by giving money-for-nothing to the "disadvantaged." It's
> called socialism. I personally don't care for it -- but that's because I
> don't receive NEARLY as much from the government as I give to it. I can
> understand why cyber****'s outlook would vary from mine.
>
> Bob

boo-hoo. does than mean ol' government tax you for roads and national
defense and public heath? the swine!

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 23:34:15 -0700, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> cyber**** wrote:
>
>> You're sounding just a tad hysterical there, old girl. Touch a nerve, did
>> I?

> I think you gots a big ol' block o' gubmint cheese in yo' fridge, lil' ho'.
>
> Bob

i agree. poor people should be put to death immediately so they stop
cluttering up the place and irritating upstanding citizens.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 21:48:01 -0700, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> blake asked:
>
>> what are you right-wingers gonna do for a boogeyman when kennedy dies?

> When that day happens (and I hope it's not too soon), I'm sure that Joe
> Biden and/or Billary Clinton will fill Kennedy's shoes admirably.
>
> Bob

yeah, as long as you goobers have some boogeyman to hate you're happy.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gOn Sat, 30 Aug 2008 21:32:50 +0000 (UTC), enigma wrote:

> blake murphy > wrote in
> :
>
>> so, honestly, it doesn't sound like he's after everyone's
>> guns.

> true...
> i'm pretty sure that Palin just poisoned any chance McCain
> had of winning my vote anyway.
>
> lee

good! come on over to the dark side, honey. i promise you we have better
parties.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 23:19:52 -0400, Stan Horwitz wrote:

> I spent today (Saturday) assisting residential college students where I
> work with setting up their computers for Internet access. While I was
> helping one freshman, she was sitting in her dorm talking with her
> roommate and a friend about the election and Palin.
>
> This young woman said she honestly thinks her parents would rather her
> be a ******* then a Democrat, but that there is no way she would ever
> vote for McCain due to his opposition to abortion rights. Her two
> friends said the same thing.

that's why i thought george would never make it 2000. either the women
didn't know, or what?

> I also spoke with a 50 something female friend of mine who is a
> long-time Hillary supporter. She thinks it was a lousy idea for McCain
> to pick Palin. She said McCain has to be nuts if he thinks he'll win a
> lot of votes from Hillary supporters by picking an anti-choice woman as
> his running mate.

that's my thought as well. had your hillary supporter been thinking about
voting for mcgrampa before?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 15:04:38 -0700, Paul M. Cook wrote:

> "Stan Horwitz" > wrote in message
>>
>> I have a friend who lives near McCain in Arizona. She knows him on a
>> personal basis. She told me that even though she voted for Bush in 2004,
>> she would never consider voting for McCain. She told me that McCain's a
>> nasty ******* with a wild temper who would make a lousy commander in
>> chief and a terrible statesman due to his uncontrollable temper.

> He's been known to take a swing at people who confront him. They love to
> play up his POW status but the truth is experiences like that break people
> and affect them for the rest of their lives. I would love to hear what a
> psychiatrist would have to say about how 5 years of that kind of torment he
> suffered affects people. Extreme aggression is usually one symptom. You
> don't just get over that stuff.
>
> Paul

i don't know that his former p.o.w. status is a barrier, but it certainly
isn't a *qualification*. at this point it's getting almost comical how his
campaign trots it out as some kind of defense against any criticism of any
kind. it's nuts.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 12:37:29 -0400, George wrote:
>
>> cybercat wrote:
>>
>>> It was an accident, George. Many people make egregious mistakes when
>>> they
>>> are young. It is absurd to pretend that this event defines this man.
>>>

>> You conveniently snipped what I wrote:
>>
>> "To answer your question. According to Google Kennedy was born in 1932
>> and Mary Jo Kopechne died in 1969 so he was 37. He was also a US senator
>> at the time who swore to uphold the Constitution when he walked away
>> from the car that contained another human. So he wasn't a confused
>> teenager who might be excused from bad behavior who might go on to
>> better himself as an adult."
>>
>> So at about age do you suppose one becomes a responsible adult?

> well since george bush stopped drinking and snorting coke at age forty, i
> guess we can still condider him a drunk and drug addict. it *would*
> explain a lot.

Can you imagine him intoxicated? How could it be much different than the way
he behaves every day?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 23:02:14 -0400, Stan Horwitz wrote:

> In article >,
> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
>
>> He's been known to take a swing at people who confront him. They love to
>> play up his POW status but the truth is experiences like that break people
>> and affect them for the rest of their lives. I would love to hear what a
>> psychiatrist would have to say about how 5 years of that kind of torment he
>> suffered affects people. Extreme aggression is usually one symptom. You
>> don't just get over that stuff.

> Here's an interesting editorial letter on military.com from a Vietnam
> POW who was imprisoned and tortured the same as McCain and who thinks he
> is unfit to serve as president ...
>
> http://www.military.com/opinion/0,15...4859_1,00.html

voters who swallow the various mccain myths should see this.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote:

> **** that. a wag on one of the blogs, in view of her extreme right-wing
> beliefs, said 'palin: all of the cheney without the dick.'

AHHHH hahaha!