Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default BYE BYE Barack... HELLO Sarah!

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article >,
> enigma > wrote:
>
>> and since there's a history of Down's syndrome in the
>> family, the possibility this baby might be Down's is
>> higher than in the general population.

> The genetic error that causes Down's syndrome is more
> prevalent in women over 40.
>
> At least according to my Genetics class I took back in
> college.

how long ago was that? i had Boo at 47 and according to my
geneticist, it's not really higher for older mothers. going by
statistical percentages alone, there was a higher chance of
accidental abortion from amniocentisis testing than there was
liklihood the baby had a trisomy (Down's being only one of the
trisomies, but it's the only one that's not fatal to the baby)

> It's why it's unwise to try to have a child at that age in
> life, but not everybody knows that.

oh, i dunno. i completed menopause while i was still nursing &
had none of the hot flashes & other crap that accompanies
perimenopause/menopause. <shrug> but i do know a lot of women
that really couldn't deal with a demanding baby (which mine
was) at that age. it's also a bit weird having a child the
same age or younger than your contemporaries grandkids...

lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 17:56:18 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "Stan Horwitz" > wrote
>
>> Still, I wouldn't be surprised if lots of far right wingnuts are having
>> an apoplexy over this situation now. I would have loved to be a fly on
>> Karl Rove's wall when this news came out. And if anyone thinks McCain
>> and Rove really knew about these accusations before they picked Palin
>> for VP, you're nuts.
>>

> heh heh. True.

the poop i heard was that mccain wanted his good buddy lieberman, and rove
(and much of the winger base) put the kibosh on that. rove was pushing
mitt romney, whom mccain really dislikes and wouldn't accept, so he went
all mavericky and chose this woman no one has heard of (but who has
impeccable extreme right-wing beliefs to stoke up the troglodytes).
sounds plausible to me.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 07:29:31 -0400, Goomba wrote:

> Stan Horwitz wrote:
>
>> What Sarah Palin and her daughter do in their private lives should be
>> private. That being said, Bristol Palin's pregnancy speaks to her mom's
>> judgement in terms of her support of abstinence only sex education.
>> Sarah Palin is obviously off base in that area, so I think its fair game
>> for voters to ask if she's off base in other areas of judgement that may
>> effect her public policy beliefs and her fitness to be president, not
>> just vice president.

> Oh Stan...that is such BS. Kids who have been given all the birth
> control education and supplies in the world get pregnant too. Whether by
> choice or accident..we don't always know? Abstinence would certainly be
> the ideal situation, but short of that, kids have information readily
> available to prevent pregnancies. I know I certainly did at that age so
> long ago.
> Until you have had a child and had to deal with 17 year old girls, you
> can't imagine how hard it is to parent them sometimes.

actually, sex education may have been better 'so long ago.'

the is some evidence that 'abstinence education' actually increases rather
than decreases the teen pregnancy rate.

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/05/AR2007120501208.html>

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
enigma > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote in
> news >
> > In article >,
> > enigma > wrote:
> >
> >> and since there's a history of Down's syndrome in the
> >> family, the possibility this baby might be Down's is
> >> higher than in the general population.

> > The genetic error that causes Down's syndrome is more
> > prevalent in women over 40.
> >
> > At least according to my Genetics class I took back in
> > college.

> how long ago was that? i had Boo at 47 and according to my
> geneticist, it's not really higher for older mothers. going by
> statistical percentages alone, there was a higher chance of
> accidental abortion from amniocentisis testing than there was
> liklihood the baby had a trisomy (Down's being only one of the
> trisomies, but it's the only one that's not fatal to the baby)

I said there was a chance, never an absolute! I'm glad you beat the
odds. The class was 22 years ago.

> > It's why it's unwise to try to have a child at that age in
> > life, but not everybody knows that.

> oh, i dunno. i completed menopause while i was still nursing &
> had none of the hot flashes & other crap that accompanies
> perimenopause/menopause. <shrug> but i do know a lot of women
> that really couldn't deal with a demanding baby (which mine
> was) at that age. it's also a bit weird having a child the
> same age or younger than your contemporaries grandkids...
>
> lee

You got lucky. I've had co-workers that were nearly suicidal over
menopause symptoms.

I'm not there yet at 46.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 08:55:48 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> Because many feel (and I'm not saying that _I_ feel this way!) that
> Obama got where he is by affirmative action. That he got a free ride.
>
> Not supporting that view, just what I've read on other lists.

that view is beyond silly. affirmative action *might* (emphasis 'might')
have gotten him into harvard, but no way it gets you to president of the
law review.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 08:55:48 -0500, Omelet wrote:
> >
> > Because many feel (and I'm not saying that _I_ feel this way!) that
> > Obama got where he is by affirmative action. That he got a free ride.
> >
> > Not supporting that view, just what I've read on other lists.

> that view is beyond silly. affirmative action *might* (emphasis 'might')
> have gotten him into harvard, but no way it gets you to president of the
> law review.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Huh?

Free money is free money.

Affirmative action gets you free education.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio
news affirmative action *might* (emphasis 'might')
>> have gotten him into harvard, but no way it gets you to president of the
>> law review.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> Huh?
>
> Free money is free money.
>
> Affirmative action gets you free education.
> --

That's not what it means at all. Lots of people get a free education. All
of my first university experience was on scholarship and cost me nothing,
not even books or board.
Affirmative action means that if he and I were equal he might get
preferential admission because he is black-- or latino or whatever.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default WOT: BYE BYE Barack... HELLO Sarah!

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 10:12:06 -0400, George wrote:

> It was a actually a substantially built "billboard style" private sign
> built to fight back.

that's for sissies. here's the truly batshit solution, via *sadly, no!*:

[amy alkon writes on he blog *the advice goddess*]

"I have a friend in Beverly Hills, probably one of three Republicans, who
had her Vote Bush signs stolen repeatedly in the last election. I did not
vote for Bush; I voted for that sleazebag Kerry, but I am shocked by any
effort to silence speech, and in the current election, I¡¦m going to help
her catch the people who will surely steal her McCain signs. P.S. She¡¦s no
dope. She has a dog with a head the size of Lucy, which puts out a rather
large quantity of excrement every day. In the past, she watered it down in
a bucket and made a rather large moat around the sign. So ¡K if they got
away with their signs, there was still the bill for new car carpeting, I
suppose, and I just love that."

A dope? Perish the thought! Building a moat of runny dog shit on your own
property? Not. Dopey. At. All. In fact, the smart set are *all* doing it.

<http://www.sadlyno.com/archives/10844.html>

you people just have to toughen up.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> The oldest woman to give birth at the hospital I've worked at for 21
> years was 59...

Good grief. A google search shows several sites that claim the 'oldest
woman to give birth' was anything between 56 and 67 y/o. However, 59 is
absolutely amazing, IMHO.

OBBabyFood: <shaddup Sheldon>
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

There is no such thing as a little garlic. ~A. Baer
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Giusi" > wrote in message
> "Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> news > affirmative action *might* (emphasis 'might')
>>> have gotten him into harvard, but no way it gets you to president of the
>>> law review.
>>>
>>> your pal,
>>> blake

>> Huh?
>>
>> Free money is free money.
>>
>> Affirmative action gets you free education.
>> --

> That's not what it means at all. Lots of people get a free education.
> All of my first university experience was on scholarship and cost me
> nothing, not even books or board.
> Affirmative action means that if he and I were equal he might get
> preferential admission because he is black-- or latino or whatever.

Om's an idiot and just earned a permanent place in my bozo bin.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 08:55:48 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>>
>> Because many feel (and I'm not saying that _I_ feel this way!) that
>> Obama got where he is by affirmative action. That he got a free ride.
>>
>> Not supporting that view, just what I've read on other lists.

> that view is beyond silly.

Yes, quite a bit beyond silly. (Brushing my Mother Superior costume ...)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote
> the is some evidence that 'abstinence education' actually increases rather
> than decreases the teen pregnancy rate.

Nuh uh! You mean telling a kid they can't do something makes them want to do
it more? NO way!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote :

>> heh heh. True.

> the poop i heard was that mccain wanted his good buddy lieberman, and rove
> (and much of the winger base) put the kibosh on that. rove was pushing
> mitt romney, whom mccain really dislikes and wouldn't accept, so he went
> all mavericky and chose this woman no one has heard of (but who has
> impeccable extreme right-wing beliefs to stoke up the troglodytes).
> sounds plausible to me.

Oo, all that and a Washington insider too! Why not Leiberman, do you think?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Stan Horwitz" > wrote
>> The person who said the Obama supports are ripping off McCain supporters'
>> signs has absolutely no proof of that. Many of the signs are in people's
>> windows, so they can't be easily taken away without permission.

> What idiot would decide who to vote for because they saw one
> more sign for one candidate over another. Ridiculous. Obama
> has 10, McCain 8, I'm voting Obama. Hardly a campaign strategy that would
> come from anyone high up in the chain of
> command.

I recall something from psych 101 called "the mere exposure effect," that
said studies showed that merely putting a brand name or candidate name in
front of people a bunch of times, whether in a pleasant way or an unpleasant
way, made them buy the product.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> Om's an idiot and just earned a permanent place in my bozo bin.

<snork>

I am sure Om is going to lose at least 5 minutes sleep over that...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

There is no such thing as a little garlic. ~A. Baer

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"enigma" > wrote in
> how long ago was that? i had Boo at 47 and according to my
> geneticist, it's not really higher for older mothers.

Your geneticist is wrong, or you did not understand her.

http://www.ds-health.com/risk.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Giusi" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> news > affirmative action *might* (emphasis 'might')
> >> have gotten him into harvard, but no way it gets you to president of the
> >> law review.
> >>
> >> your pal,
> >> blake

> > Huh?
> >
> > Free money is free money.
> >
> > Affirmative action gets you free education.
> > --

> That's not what it means at all. Lots of people get a free education. All
> of my first university experience was on scholarship and cost me nothing,
> not even books or board.

Must be nice.
I worked for my BS-MT. Every dime.

> Affirmative action means that if he and I were equal he might get
> preferential admission because he is black-- or latino or whatever.

And you question that?
Thanks for proving my point. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ChattyCathy > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>

> > The oldest woman to give birth at the hospital I've worked at for 21
> > years was 59...

> Good grief. A google search shows several sites that claim the 'oldest
> woman to give birth' was anything between 56 and 67 y/o. However, 59 is
> absolutely amazing, IMHO.

It is. ;-) And she and the baby did fine.

> OBBabyFood: <shaddup Sheldon>

<LOL!!!>
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"cybercat" > wrote:

> "Giusi" > wrote in message
> > "Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> > news > > affirmative action *might* (emphasis 'might')

> >> Huh?
> >>
> >> Free money is free money.
> >>
> >> Affirmative action gets you free education.
> >> --

> > That's not what it means at all. Lots of people get a free education.
> > All of my first university experience was on scholarship and cost me
> > nothing, not even books or board.
> > Affirmative action means that if he and I were equal he might get
> > preferential admission because he is black-- or latino or whatever.
> >

> Om's an idiot and just earned a permanent place in my bozo bin.

<smootch>

You are less nice than you used to be. Too bad! <shrugs>
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"cybercat" > wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 08:55:48 -0500, Omelet wrote:
> >>
> >> Because many feel (and I'm not saying that _I_ feel this way!) that
> >> Obama got where he is by affirmative action. That he got a free ride.
> >>
> >> Not supporting that view, just what I've read on other lists.

> > that view is beyond silly.

> Yes, quite a bit beyond silly. (Brushing my Mother Superior costume ...)

Obviously she is a closed-minded Obama supporter.

Oh well!

At least I still have an open mind about who will be best for the
country, not the welfare whores.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"cybercat" > wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote
> > the is some evidence that 'abstinence education' actually increases rather
> > than decreases the teen pregnancy rate.
> >

> Nuh uh! You mean telling a kid they can't do something makes them want to do
> it more? NO way!

So, ya gonna killfile him too? <shrugs>

You and I used to be friends. I'm saddened that you are so immature as
to killfile me over a minor political disagreement.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"cybercat" > wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote :
>
> >> heh heh. True.

> > the poop i heard was that mccain wanted his good buddy lieberman, and rove
> > (and much of the winger base) put the kibosh on that. rove was pushing
> > mitt romney, whom mccain really dislikes and wouldn't accept, so he went
> > all mavericky and chose this woman no one has heard of (but who has
> > impeccable extreme right-wing beliefs to stoke up the troglodytes).
> > sounds plausible to me.
> >

> Oo, all that and a Washington insider too! Why not Leiberman, do you think?

Leiberman is free... No solid agendas.
You should envy him.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ChattyCathy > wrote:

> cybercat wrote:
>

> > Om's an idiot and just earned a permanent place in my bozo bin.

> <snork>
>
> I am sure Om is going to lose at least 5 minutes sleep over that...

<LOL>! You know me too well!
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"cybercat" > wrote:

> "enigma" > wrote in
> > how long ago was that? i had Boo at 47 and according to my
> > geneticist, it's not really higher for older mothers.

> Your geneticist is wrong, or you did not understand her.
>
> http://www.ds-health.com/risk.htm

Oh my! We agreed on something! <g>

But I had in in a 4 year BS degree course... Not the internet
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2008-09-03, Omelet > wrote:

>> http://www.ds-health.com/risk.htm

> Oh my! We agreed on something! <g>
>
> But I had in in a 4 year BS degree course... Not the internet

Wow!! When did you get back, Om? Good to see you again.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"cybercat" > wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "Stan Horwitz" > wrote
> >> The person who said the Obama supports are ripping off McCain supporters'
> >> signs has absolutely no proof of that. Many of the signs are in people's
> >> windows, so they can't be easily taken away without permission.

> > What idiot would decide who to vote for because they saw one
> > more sign for one candidate over another. Ridiculous. Obama
> > has 10, McCain 8, I'm voting Obama. Hardly a campaign strategy that would
> > come from anyone high up in the chain of
> > command.

> I recall something from psych 101 called "the mere exposure effect," that
> said studies showed that merely putting a brand name or candidate name in
> front of people a bunch of times, whether in a pleasant way or an unpleasant
> way, made them buy the product.

Only to those that are true zombies...
<snort>
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> On 2008-09-03, Omelet > wrote:
>
> >> http://www.ds-health.com/risk.htm

> > Oh my! We agreed on something! <g>
> >
> > But I had in in a 4 year BS degree course... Not the internet

> Wow!! When did you get back, Om? Good to see you again.
>
> nb

Yesterday... Thanks for the welcome. :-) <hugs>
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio > "Giusi"
> wrote:
>
>> "Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> news >> affirmative action *might* (emphasis 'might')

>> > Free money is free money.
>> >
>> > Affirmative action gets you free education.
>> > --

>> That's not what it means at all. Lots of people get a free education.
>> All
>> of my first university experience was on scholarship and cost me nothing,
>> not even books or board.

> Must be nice.
> I worked for my BS-MT. Every dime.

Yes, it was very nice. It was a reward for 13 years of being a damned good
student.

>> Affirmative action means that if he and I were equal he might get
>> preferential admission because he is black-- or latino or whatever.

> And you question that?
> Thanks for proving my point. ;-)

Is English your second language? What has that to do with free money for
education, which was your definition of affirmative action?

I questioned nothing. I think we need or needed a period of affirmative
action to rescue good minds from potential waste. Obama seems to have been
a very good investment if he did get preferential admission. He certainly
is making more of a difference than I do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Giusi" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio > "Giusi"
> > wrote:
> >
> >> "Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> >> news > >> affirmative action *might* (emphasis 'might')

> >> That's not what it means at all. Lots of people get a free education.
> >> All
> >> of my first university experience was on scholarship and cost me nothing,
> >> not even books or board.

> > Must be nice.
> > I worked for my BS-MT. Every dime.

> Yes, it was very nice. It was a reward for 13 years of being a damned good
> student.

Congrats, and I mean that! :-)
I did not do so well. Parents were in denial that I had hypothyroidism
and that interferes with brain function. No excuse of course, but I feel
I'm lucky I did as well as I did.

> >> Affirmative action means that if he and I were equal he might get
> >> preferential admission because he is black-- or latino or whatever.

> > And you question that?
> > Thanks for proving my point. ;-)

> Is English your second language? What has that to do with free money for
> education, which was your definition of affirmative action?

Obama got it. I didn't as I was white.
Same with many of my fellow white students that graduate $30K or more in
debt.

> I questioned nothing. I think we need or needed a period of affirmative
> action to rescue good minds from potential waste. Obama seems to have been
> a very good investment if he did get preferential admission. He certainly
> is making more of a difference than I do.

<sigh> My point is that everyone should be equal! If he gets a free
ride, so should "good minds" that were white males.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Giusi" > wrote in message
> "Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio > "Giusi"
> > wrote:
>>
>>> "Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>>> news >>> affirmative action *might* (emphasis 'might')

>>> That's not what it means at all. Lots of people get a free education.
>>> All
>>> of my first university experience was on scholarship and cost me
>>> nothing,
>>> not even books or board.

>> Must be nice.
>> I worked for my BS-MT. Every dime.

> Yes, it was very nice. It was a reward for 13 years of being a damned
> good student.
>
>>> Affirmative action means that if he and I were equal he might get
>>> preferential admission because he is black-- or latino or whatever.

>> And you question that?
>> Thanks for proving my point. ;-)

> Is English your second language? What has that to do with free money for
> education, which was your definition of affirmative action?

lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio newsmpomelet-

> <sigh> My point is that everyone should be equal! If he gets a free
> ride, so should "good minds" that were white males.
> --
> Peace! Om

I don't think that qualifying for a scholarship is getting a free ride. I
think most people who equalled Obama in talent and intelligence probably did
get help if they needed it. You said yourself that you were not a scholar,
so you did not earn equal treatment and I have no idea if anyone you are
referring to equalled Obama and deserved to go to Harvard for free.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Giusi" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio newsmpomelet-
>
> > <sigh> My point is that everyone should be equal! If he gets a free
> > ride, so should "good minds" that were white males.
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> I don't think that qualifying for a scholarship is getting a free ride. I
> think most people who equalled Obama in talent and intelligence probably did
> get help if they needed it. You said yourself that you were not a scholar,
> so you did not earn equal treatment and I have no idea if anyone you are
> referring to equalled Obama and deserved to go to Harvard for free.

What proof do you have that he earned it scholastically?
And I thought you killfiled me babe? :-)

Which I thought was a bit childish over a mere political spat. ;-D
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio newsmpomelet-
> What proof do you have that he earned it scholastically?
> And I thought you killfiled me babe? :-)
>
> Which I thought was a bit childish over a mere political spat. ;-D
> --

Who are you talking to? I never say if I am killfiling someone.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:

> cybercat wrote:
>

> > Om's an idiot and just earned a permanent place in my bozo bin.

> <snork>
>
> I am sure Om is going to lose at least 5 minutes sleep over that...

Lol...and besides, cyberfilter never killfiles anyone, she just *says* that
she does...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Giusi" > wrote in message
> "Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio newsmpomelet-
>> What proof do you have that he earned it scholastically?
>> And I thought you killfiled me babe? :-)
>>
>> Which I thought was a bit childish over a mere political spat. ;-D
>> --

> Who are you talking to? I never say if I am killfiling someone.

She's talking to me. I killfiled her. Being anti-affirmative action is much
more than merely having a political difference with me. It is indicative of
deep-seated stupidity, short-sightedness and niggardly resentment of the
accomplishments of others more talented than you who did not have the same
advantages you did in any way, growing up.

I always suspect racism, too, which I am just not going to tolerate at the
moment. As in **** nooooooo. Life is way too short.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> "Giusi" > wrote in message
> > "Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio newsmpomelet-
> >> What proof do you have that he earned it scholastically?
> >> And I thought you killfiled me babe? :-)
> >>
> >> Which I thought was a bit childish over a mere political spat. ;-D
> >> --

> > Who are you talking to? I never say if I am killfiling someone.

> She's talking to me. I killfiled her. Being anti-affirmative action is

much
> more than merely having a political difference with me.

Wottsamatter, did you find a pubic hair on yer Coke can...???

It is indicative of
> deep-seated stupidity, short-sightedness and niggardly resentment of the
> accomplishments of others more talented than you who did not have the same
> advantages you did in any way, growing up.

Well, we see that you don't exactly lack self - awareness...

> I always suspect racism, too, which I am just not going to tolerate at the
> moment. As in **** nooooooo. Life is way too short.

You should spend less time hating...

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> "Giusi" > wrote in message
> > "Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio newsmpomelet-
> >> What proof do you have that he earned it scholastically?
> >> And I thought you killfiled me babe? :-)
> >>
> >> Which I thought was a bit childish over a mere political spat. ;-D
> >> --

> > Who are you talking to? I never say if I am killfiling someone.

> She's talking to me. I killfiled her. Being anti-affirmative action is

much
> more than merely having a political difference with me. It is indicative

of
> deep-seated stupidity, short-sightedness and niggardly resentment of the
> accomplishments of others more talented than you who did not have the same
> advantages you did in any way, growing up.

Uh, Om didn't have any great "advantages" when she was growing up, IIRC
she's described her upbringing as fairly hardscrabble...I think she said
that she's the first in her family to get a higher education (correct me if
I'm wrong).

> I always suspect racism, too, which I am just not going to tolerate at the
> moment. As in **** nooooooo. Life is way too short.

sux 2 B ghet - toe

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy > wrote:

>On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 07:29:31 -0400, Goomba wrote:

>> Stan Horwitz wrote:

>>> What Sarah Palin and her daughter do in their private lives should be
>>> private. That being said, Bristol Palin's pregnancy speaks to her mom's
>>> judgement in terms of her support of abstinence only sex education.
>>> Sarah Palin is obviously off base in that area, so I think its fair game
>>> for voters to ask if she's off base in other areas of judgement that may
>>> effect her public policy beliefs and her fitness to be president, not
>>> just vice president.

>> Oh Stan...that is such BS. Kids who have been given all the birth
>> control education and supplies in the world get pregnant too. Whether by
>> choice or accident..we don't always know? Abstinence would certainly be
>> the ideal situation, but short of that, kids have information readily
>> available to prevent pregnancies. I know I certainly did at that age so
>> long ago.
>> Until you have had a child and had to deal with 17 year old girls, you
>> can't imagine how hard it is to parent them sometimes.

>actually, sex education may have been better 'so long ago.'

>the is some evidence that 'abstinence education' actually increases rather
>than decreases the teen pregnancy rate.

Why weren't these Alaskan kids using condoms?

Allowing one's minor children to have unprotected sex
constitutes child abuse as far as I am concerned, and should be
grounds for prosecution. Parents have been prosecuted for much less
risky things, say feeding their child a vegetarian diet or not
putting sunscreen on their child at the beach. If someone decided
their kid should be sharing hypodermic needles they would be
placed in jail. This is no different.

A philosophical belief that abstinence is best is fine, but
if the end result is unprotected child sex there should be
heavy consequences.

Steve