Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default Coping with Tomato Bounty

....is the topic of an L.A. Times food section story today. Updated
recipes for a Bloody Mary mix, a tomato soup, and a fresh roasted
tomato sauce. For the lucky gardeners who have good crops this summer
(Nancy). -aem
http://tinyurl.com/5lvcw9
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"aem" > wrote

> ...is the topic of an L.A. Times food section story today. Updated
> recipes for a Bloody Mary mix, a tomato soup, and a fresh roasted
> tomato sauce. For the lucky gardeners who have good crops this summer
> (Nancy). -aem
> http://tinyurl.com/5lvcw9

Thanks! I love the looks of that soup. I will be making that.

I planted a tomato vine over on the side of my garage and have
been ignoring it as it's no longer getting enough sun. Looked at
it today and what do I see, more red tomatoes.

Appreciate that link, thank you.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 27, 1:56*pm, aem > wrote:
> ...is the topic of an L.A. Times food section story today. *Updated
> recipes for a Bloody Mary mix, a tomato soup, and a fresh roasted
> tomato sauce. *For the lucky gardeners who have good crops this summer
> (Nancy). * *-aem
> *http://tinyurl.com/5lvcw9

Thanks, Nancy
I copied all three recipes into my food folder, I can't drink
alcohol (sometimes I cheat) but I love virgin marys. I also think
that recipe would be a great way to start gazpacho!
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo wrote:
> On Aug 27, 1:56 pm, aem > wrote:
>> ...is the topic of an L.A. Times food section story today. Updated
>> recipes for a Bloody Mary mix, a tomato soup, and a fresh roasted
>> tomato sauce. For the lucky gardeners who have good crops this summer
>> (Nancy). -aem
>> http://tinyurl.com/5lvcw9

> Thanks, Nancy

I'd say you're welcome, but aem posted it.

> I copied all three recipes into my food folder, I can't drink
> alcohol (sometimes I cheat) but I love virgin marys. I also think
> that recipe would be a great way to start gazpacho!

You're right! I'll be making those bloody marys for Monday's game
if we decide to tailgate. Depends on the weather.

nancy

Tomato bounty Serene Vannoy Preserving 3 29-08-2011 04:34 AM
Wonderful Bounty Tara General Cooking 16 13-06-2010 02:04 AM
Today's bounty George Shirley Preserving 9 02-07-2009 10:41 PM
Robert Larson 540-7500 Coping Saw Blades For Wood [email protected] Diabetic 0 22-05-2009 10:18 AM