Old 28-08-2008, 03:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Unexpected Kitchen Expense :(

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:31:46 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Goomba wrote:
http://i33.tinypic.com/ad0y6v.jpg

I like that drawer idea a lot!!

Me too!

I also like the idea of built-in baseboard vacuums (I'm sure there's
a proper name for them). You just sweep crumbs up to the baseboard,
kick a switch and they're gone. Probably more trouble cleaning them
out than they're worth, though.

Got a URL for that? Never heard of it!

Nope I've seen them in some of the mega-bucks kitchens shown on HGTV.
Apparently part of a central vac system.

Jill

Old 28-08-2008, 04:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Michael \"Dog3\"" wrote:

Dave W news:dwesten-8C7F77.06421428082008
@news.west.cox.net: in rec.food.cooking

Your more than welcome. Oh, and yes, I love the Ozarks (though the
population here in north west Arkansas is growing out of control).

My mother used to have a condo on the lake. She sold it because no one
used it but Steven and I. A few years ago my brother bought a condo there.
He still has it but it sits there unless I'm using it. I like it during
off season when it is quiet. It's beautiful when the tourists have gone
home.

Michael

Yes, the Ozark lakes are great. I presume your mom and brother were on
Lake of the Ozarks. The SO and I drove through there a couple of summers
ago and then wandered along the Missouri river toward St. Louis through
the wine country (the Missouri Weinstraße? (Well we passed a bunch of
vineyards ... in very pretty territory.) Ended our tour in St. Louis,
shopped at Viviano's, and headed home.

I moved to Fayetteville in the mid '70s to teach at the university.
Figured I'd head back home to Ohio when I retired. Well 3 1/2 years ago
I gave my last lecture and I'm still here. I know now that I'll never
leave this place. (When will I learn never to say never?)

Regards,
Dave W.
Old 28-08-2008, 04:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 28, 6:42*am, Dave W wrote:
In article ,
*"Michael \"Dog3\"" wrote:

Dave W
:in
rec.food.cooking

In article ,
*"Michael \"Dog3\"" wrote:

snip

UGH... that kind of hurts. I can't seem to get rid of the old wall
oven. *It's in perfect working order too. *No bites on Craig's List
and I even offered it up for free on some of the free groups. *Guess
I'll trash it.

Michael

Michael,

You might consider giving it to, say, Habitat for Humanity or some
other charity that runs a "resale" shop. That would also (probably)
get you a tax deduction. (Claim it is worth a thousand bucks!) The
charities are also usually more than happy to pick it up.

Hmmm... I hadn't thought of that. *Thanks for the idea. You like the
Ozarks? *

Michael

Your more than welcome. Oh, and yes, I love the Ozarks (though the
population here in north west Arkansas is growing out of control).

Regards,
Dave W.

I met the nicest folks from Boston Mountain Rural Health Center in
2006. We were part of a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant program
on "patient-directed healthcare". Meetings in San Diego, Atlanta and
Miami. Hard work, steep learning curve, lots of fun, and expenses
paid.
Lynn in Fargo
Old 29-08-2008, 03:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:

I meant to include headache weed from anywhere -- Indiana was just an
example from my own wasted middle age. That said, how do you know
it was Ohio weed? No other bad weed ever gets smoked in Ohio? Yes, I
know the *anecdote* is placed in Ohio. I'd just be surprised if there was
an "A Product Of Ohio" label with a bar code and stuff.

I did a DNA test.

-sw
Old 29-08-2008, 03:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Saerah Gray wrote:

Sqwertz fnord news:270808.200051rfc1004.50
@sqwertz.com:

I didn't find it until a 6 weeks before I moved out. I'd lived
there maybe 13 months by then.

Forgetful much?

Nah - it wasn't mine. Either were the cookie sheets. This stuff
waspackaged in some sort of plastic bag with Winnie the Poohs and
Tigers on it.

-sw

Old 29-08-2008, 03:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz fnord news:280808.213021rfc1015.605
@sqwertz.com:

That's just ****ed up.

--
Saerah

"Welcome to Usenet, Biatch! Adapt or haul ass!"
- some hillbilly from FL
Old 29-08-2008, 07:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:28:53 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

Blinky the Shark wrote:

I meant to include headache weed from anywhere -- Indiana was just an
example from my own wasted middle age. That said, how do you know
it was Ohio weed? No other bad weed ever gets smoked in Ohio? Yes, I
know the *anecdote* is placed in Ohio. I'd just be surprised if there was
an "A Product Of Ohio" label with a bar code and stuff.

I did a DNA test.

-sw

i thought weed connoisseurs just took a small amount into their mouths to
detect the flavor notes and blew it out. kinda like wine tasters.

your pal,
blake
Old 29-08-2008, 07:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:30:21 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

Saerah Gray wrote:

Sqwertz fnord news:270808.200051rfc1004.50
@sqwertz.com:

I didn't find it until a 6 weeks before I moved out. I'd lived
there maybe 13 months by then.

Forgetful much?

Nah - it wasn't mine. Either were the cookie sheets. This stuff
waspackaged in some sort of plastic bag with Winnie the Poohs and
Tigers on it.

-sw

ingenious. that would throw off the cops, if not the dogs.

your pal,
blake
Old 01-09-2008, 07:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

i thought weed connoisseurs just took a small amount into their mouths to
detect the flavor notes and blew it out. kinda like wine tasters.

We take a sticky bud and rub it between our fingers. Then we rub
our sticky fingers between our front lips and gums.

-sw