Old 27-08-2008, 05:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Unexpected Kitchen Expense :(

Sqwertz wrote:

I've scored so many excellent baking sheets and pans this way.

People buy these things and stash them under the stove, only to be
forgotten about. The cleaners never look down there.

Somebody left a 1/4lb+ of marijuana in the apartment I moved into at
1999 Fountainview Court, Columbus OH (Reynoldsburgh) in 1996 - Along
with 2 Airbake half-sheet pans in that same drawer.

The marijuana was just so-so (considering I just moved from Northern
California) but I still have the Airbake sheet pans cough.

-sw

LOL, one of the neatest features on my new cabinets are the "toe kick"
drawers which if you didn't know existed, you'd .....never know it was
there! We're calling it my "dope drawer" LOL
I've loaded it with infrequently used items such as skewers, rolling
pin, etc.
I wish I had more of these bad boys.. take a peek-
http://i33.tinypic.com/ad0y6v.jpg

Old 27-08-2008, 05:17 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

sigh Well, we're not sure which of the workman ended up with it? And
to call the business owner-would that get his employee in any trouble? I
dunno?

It shouldn't. You were the ones that left them in there...no fault of
the workman.

Not sure if accepting cast off appliances as a "tip" is encouraged? All
I know is we were happy not to have to pay someone to haul it off and
dispose of it. I have so much in my garage and driveway needing
disposal. What a PITA.

Anyone need a decent refrigerator? LOL
Old 27-08-2008, 05:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz fnord
:
snip

Somebody left a 1/4lb+ of marijuana in the apartment I moved into at
1999 Fountainview Court, Columbus OH (Reynoldsburgh) in 1996 - Along
with 2 Airbake half-sheet pans in that same drawer.

The marijuana was just so-so (considering I just moved from Northern
California) but I still have the Airbake sheet pans cough.

-sw

I'd say a QP is not a bad housewarming gift, so-so or not. You really
can't expectthat much from the midwest.

--
Saerah

"Welcome to Usenet, Biatch! Adapt or haul ass!"
- some hillbilly from FL
Old 27-08-2008, 05:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 00:17:41 -0400, Goomba
wrote:

Not sure if accepting cast off appliances as a "tip" is encouraged? All
I know is we were happy not to have to pay someone to haul it off and
dispose of it. I have so much in my garage and driveway needing
disposal. What a PITA.

Anyone need a decent refrigerator? LOL

What do you have to lose by calling to see if you can get them back?

I guess it just seems a bit silly to me, to not even check to see if
you can get them back.

When I put all my stuff in storage years ago, I gave my old computer
to one of the movers. He was interested in it. I wiped it first, and
then just gave it to him. Didn't seem to be a problem with me giving
it to him.

Christine
Old 27-08-2008, 06:21 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article , Goomba wrote:
Christine Dabney wrote:

sigh Well, we're not sure which of the workman ended up with it? And
to call the business owner-would that get his employee in any trouble? I
dunno?

It shouldn't. You were the ones that left them in there...no fault of
the workman.

Not sure if accepting cast off appliances as a "tip" is encouraged? All
I know is we were happy not to have to pay someone to haul it off and
dispose of it. I have so much in my garage and driveway needing
disposal. What a PITA.

Anyone need a decent refrigerator? LOL

What's in it that's worth having? ;-)

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Old 27-08-2008, 06:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Saerah Gray wrote:

Sqwertz fnord
:
snip

Somebody left a 1/4lb+ of marijuana in the apartment I moved into at
1999 Fountainview Court, Columbus OH (Reynoldsburgh) in 1996 - Along
with 2 Airbake half-sheet pans in that same drawer.

The marijuana was just so-so (considering I just moved from Northern
California) but I still have the Airbake sheet pans cough.

-sw

I'd say a QP is not a bad housewarming gift, so-so or not. You really
can't expectthat much from the midwest.

I'm thinking the grass was well worth the price, even if it was Indiana
headache weed.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Old 27-08-2008, 12:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Not sure if accepting cast off appliances as a "tip" is encouraged?
All I know is we were happy not to have to pay someone to haul it
off and dispose of it. I have so much in my garage and driveway
needing disposal. What a PITA.

Anyone need a decent refrigerator? LOL

What do you have to lose by calling to see if you can get them back?

I guess it just seems a bit silly to me, to not even check to see if
you can get them back.

When I put all my stuff in storage years ago, I gave my old computer
to one of the movers. He was interested in it. I wiped it first, and
then just gave it to him. Didn't seem to be a problem with me giving
it to him.

Christine

It's not as if the workman was subcontracting his services to bypass the
boss (as some do). One of them simply said "sure" when the stove was
offered. I'm sure this sort of thing happens all the time in their line of
work.

Jill

Old 27-08-2008, 12:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba wrote:
Sqwertz wrote:

[...]

I like that drawer idea a lot!!

I also like the idea of built-in baseboard vacuums (I'm sure there's a
proper name for them). You just sweep crumbs up to the baseboard, kick a
switch and they're gone. Probably more trouble cleaning them out than
they're worth, though.

Jill

Old 27-08-2008, 12:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark fnord
news
Saerah Gray wrote:

Sqwertz fnord
:
snip

Somebody left a 1/4lb+ of marijuana in the apartment I moved into at
1999 Fountainview Court, Columbus OH (Reynoldsburgh) in 1996 - Along
with 2 Airbake half-sheet pans in that same drawer.

The marijuana was just so-so (considering I just moved from Northern
California) but I still have the Airbake sheet pans cough.

-sw

I'd say a QP is not a bad housewarming gift, so-so or not. You really
can't expectthat much from the midwest.

I'm thinking the grass was well worth the price, even if it was

Indiana
headache weed.

If anything, it could be used to defray first month's rent, depending on
what the neighbors are like

--
Saerah (or the landlord!)

Old 27-08-2008, 12:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
In article ,
Goomba wrote:
Damn. Hubby forgot to empty the drawer out in the old range before
they took it!! ALL my good baking sheets, 2 steamer baskets and
jelly roll pans gone!
I would have though thunk that the guy taking the stove home might
have realized we didn't mean for ALL of it to go?? sigh

So call him!! Tonight!

That seems to be the consensus. Goomba seems to think whoever accepted the
stove will get in trouble. I'd bet not.

Jill

Old 27-08-2008, 01:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba" wrote

Not sure if accepting cast off appliances as a "tip" is encouraged?

I know what you're saying, Goomba. I've been in situations like
that where I'm not sure calling someone's boss is a wise idea.

All
I know is we were happy not to have to pay someone to haul it off and
dispose of it. I have so much in my garage and driveway needing
disposal. What a PITA.

I hear ya, I can't just put stuff like that at the curb. I have to deal
with it, and hiring people to haul it is not cheap. I always mention
if (whatever) is still working, maybe someone would like it. Last
year the tv delivery guy was thrilled to get a big tv that still works,
and I was happy it got a new home.

Don't get me wrong, the appliance store took the old stuff
anyway, but I have on occasion been left with things.

One thing I did a couple of times was rent a truck, one of those
$19.95 a day deals that's really about $50 and get rid of a bunch
of stuff at the recycle center/wherever they take stuff in your
town. Maybe you could do that, clean out your garage.

nancy
Old 27-08-2008, 01:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"hahabogus" wrote

"Nancy Young" wrote

I lost something worse, a doorknocker that I paid a lot for, and
went out of my way to purchase. How could I forget to take it
off the old door when I had it replaced? (sigh)

So if somebody British comes to your house they can't knock you up....

(laugh) No, they cannot do that. They can bang!

nancy
Old 27-08-2008, 01:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 27 Aug 2008 05:14:44a, Nancy Young told us...

"hahabogus" wrote

"Nancy Young" wrote

I lost something worse, a doorknocker that I paid a lot for, and
went out of my way to purchase. How could I forget to take it
off the old door when I had it replaced? (sigh)

So if somebody British comes to your house they can't knock you up....

(laugh) No, they cannot do that. They can bang!

nancy

I hope it's not a gang!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Wednesday, 08(VIII)/27(XXVII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Labor Day
4dys 18hrs 38mins
If you're in a car travelling at the
speed of light in reverse and turn on
the headlights, what happens?
Old 27-08-2008, 01:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote

On Wed 27 Aug 2008 05:14:44a, Nancy Young told us...

"hahabogus" wrote

"Nancy Young" wrote

I lost something worse, a doorknocker that I paid a lot for, and
went out of my way to purchase. How could I forget to take it
off the old door when I had it replaced? (sigh)

So if somebody British comes to your house they can't knock you up....

(laugh) No, they cannot do that. They can bang!

I hope it's not a gang!

A gang of Brits, I like that. Heh.

nancy