Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.education,sci.med.nutrition,soc.culture.german,alt.religion.asatru

Default Petition to ban barbaric kosher slaughter in USA

On Aug 21, 9:00*am, wrote:
> http://www.petitiononline.com/nokosher/petition.html
>
> Worthwhile read in view of kosher slaughterhouse immigration
> violations.
>
> ted

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.education,sci.med.nutrition,soc.culture.german,alt.religion.asatru

In article >,
> wrote:
>On Aug 21, 9:00=A0am, wrote:
>> http://www.petitiononline.com/nokosher/petition.html

>> Worthwhile read in view of kosher slaughterhouse immigration
>> violations.

There is nothing barbaric about kosher slaughter.

Phone: (765)494-6054 FAX: (765)494-0558
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.education,sci.med.nutrition,soc.culture.german,alt.religion.asatru

Herman Rubin wrote:
> In article >,
> > wrote:
>> On Aug 21, 9:00=A0am, wrote:
>>> http://www.petitiononline.com/nokosher/petition.html

>>> Worthwhile read in view of kosher slaughterhouse immigration
>>> violations.

> There is nothing barbaric about kosher slaughter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kashrut...animal_welfare
"Kashrut prohibits slaughter of an unconscious animal, and the
slaughtering is done by cutting the front of the throat first. Some
animal rights groups object to kosher slaughter, claiming that it can
take several minutes for the animal to die and can often cause
suffering. Since the spinal cord is not severed completely at the first
cut, it is thought that the slaughtered animal's nervous system
continues to function during the initial moments of the slaughter,
causing the animal to undergo an agonisingly slow and painful death. In
2003 in the UK, an independant advosory group - the Farm Animal Welfare
Council (FAWC) - concluded that the way Kosher (and Halal) meat is
produced causes severe suffering to animals and should be banned
immediately. Kosher and halal butchers deny their method of killing
animals is cruel and expressed anger over the recommendation [29].

Jewish groups point to studies showing that the kosher slaughter
technique is no more painful than conventional techniques, and in most
cases much quicker and less painful; the idealized emphasis on flawless
procedure and tools contrasts with the often real-life sloppy production
line methodology of the non-kosher slaughterhouse resulting in failure
to stun the animal, as often described by animal rights advocates in
other contexts.[citation needed]"

FFF
Dirk