FoodBanter.com

-   -   Ratatouille - BOOM BOOM BOOM...!!! (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/160336-ratatouille-boom-boom-boom.html)

Gregory Morrow[_62_] 15-08-2008 06:29 PM

Ratatouille - BOOM BOOM BOOM...!!!

At this moment I am cooking up some ratatouille ( a standard recipe, plus
I'm adding some Boar's Head bacon that I had in the freezer)...

This weekend is the 50th Annual Chicago Air & Water Show, lots of jets and
things zooming RIGHT above, and very low too...right now they are practicing
for their Friday afternoon show. It's pretty spectacular...

It's a splendid lovely sunny day...cooking ratatouille...an iced coffee spew
from one of Sheldon's "bon mots"...and a Stealth bomber a few hundred feet
above keeping me all safe...what's to complain about...???

Hope y'all have a GREAT weekend, kids...

:-)

--
Best
Greg

Karen[_3_] 15-08-2008 06:44 PM

Ratatouille - BOOM BOOM BOOM...!!!

On Aug 15, 10:29*am, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:
> At this moment I am cooking up some ratatouille ( a standard recipe, plus
> I'm adding some Boar's Head bacon that I had in the freezer)...
>
> This weekend is the 50th Annual Chicago Air & Water Show, lots of jets and
> things zooming RIGHT above, and very low too...right now they are practicing
> for their Friday afternoon show. *It's pretty spectacular...
>
> It's a splendid lovely sunny day...cooking ratatouille...an iced coffee spew
> from one of Sheldon's "bon mots"...and a Stealth bomber a few hundred feet
> above keeping me all safe...what's to complain about...???
>
> Hope y'all have a GREAT weekend, kids...

You're braver than me. When Moffett Field, across the street, has had
their air shows, I have to leave town.

Karen

Gregory Morrow[_62_] 15-08-2008 06:56 PM

Ratatouille - BOOM BOOM BOOM...!!!

Karen wrote:

On Aug 15, 10:29 am, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:
> At this moment I am cooking up some ratatouille ( a standard recipe, plus
> I'm adding some Boar's Head bacon that I had in the freezer)...
>
> This weekend is the 50th Annual Chicago Air & Water Show, lots of jets and
> things zooming RIGHT above, and very low too...right now they are

practicing
> for their Friday afternoon show. It's pretty spectacular...
>
> It's a splendid lovely sunny day...cooking ratatouille...an iced coffee

spew
> from one of Sheldon's "bon mots"...and a Stealth bomber a few hundred feet
> above keeping me all safe...what's to complain about...???
>
> Hope y'all have a GREAT weekend, kids...

You're braver than me. When Moffett Field, across the street, has had
their air shows, I have to leave town.
---------------------------

GM replies:

At least I don't have pets...the noise can really scare 'em.

--
Best
Greg

Gregory Morrow[_62_] 15-08-2008 06:58 PM

Ratatouille - BOOM BOOM BOOM...!!!

Michael "Dog3" wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow" >
> m: in rec.food.cooking
>
> > At this moment I am cooking up some ratatouille ( a standard recipe,
> > plus I'm adding some Boar's Head bacon that I had in the freezer)...
> >
> > This weekend is the 50th Annual Chicago Air & Water Show, lots of jets
> > and things zooming RIGHT above, and very low too...right now they are
> > practicing for their Friday afternoon show. It's pretty
> > spectacular...
> >
> > It's a splendid lovely sunny day...cooking ratatouille...an iced
> > coffee spew from one of Sheldon's "bon mots"...and a Stealth bomber a
> > few hundred feet above keeping me all safe...what's to complain
> > about...???
> >
> > Hope y'all have a GREAT weekend, kids...

> Sounds really fun. When I lived in the Central West End, our condo faced
> Forest Park. From our terrace you could see the entire hot air balloon
> race. Some of the ballons would fly just a few yards from the terrace.
> It was spectacular.
>
> Greg... grab the binoculars and see if you can get a glimplse of the
> pilots ;)

A flyboy would be a dream catch for sure...

;-p

--
Best
Greg

Lynn from Fargo 15-08-2008 07:15 PM

Ratatouille - BOOM BOOM BOOM...!!!

On Aug 15, 12:58*pm, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:
> Michael "Dog3" wrote:
> > "Gregory Morrow" >
> om:in rec.food.cooking

> > > At this moment I am cooking up some ratatouille ( a standard recipe,
> > > plus I'm adding some Boar's Head bacon that I had in the freezer)...

> > > This weekend is the 50th Annual Chicago Air & Water Show, lots of jets
> > > and things zooming RIGHT above, and very low too...right now they are
> > > practicing for their Friday afternoon show. *It's pretty
> > > spectacular...

> > > It's a splendid lovely sunny day...cooking ratatouille...an iced
> > > coffee spew from one of Sheldon's "bon mots"...and a Stealth bomber a
> > > few hundred feet above keeping me all safe...what's to complain
> > > about...???

> > > Hope y'all have a GREAT weekend, kids...

> > Sounds really fun. *When I lived in the Central West End, our condo faced
> > Forest Park. *From our terrace you could see the entire hot air balloon
> > race. *Some of the ballons would fly just a few yards from the terrace.
> > It was spectacular.

> > Greg... grab the binoculars and see if you can get a glimplse of the
> > pilots ;)

> A flyboy would be a dream catch for sure...
>
> ;-p
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

Greg,
You got Thunderbirds (USAF) or Blue Angels (USN) ?
When i was MUCH younger I was riding a bike on Highway 83 past Minot
Air Force Base. A fighter jet came over the road to approach the
landing strip. That son of a gun was so low I could tell you the
color of the pilot's EYES!

Lynn in Fargo
300 Miles from Minot as the B5'2s fly

Karen[_3_] 15-08-2008 08:15 PM

Ratatouille - BOOM BOOM BOOM...!!!

On Aug 15, 11:15*am, Lynn from Fargo > wrote:
> Greg,
> You got Thunderbirds (USAF) or Blue Angels *(USN) ?
> When i was MUCH younger *I was riding a bike on Highway 83 past Minot
> Air Force Base. *A fighter jet came over the road to approach the
> landing strip. *That son of a gun was so low I could tell you the
> color of the pilot's EYES!
>
> Lynn in Fargo
> 300 Miles from Minot as the B5'2s fly- Hide quoted text -

Why not Minot?
The reason is freezin'.

Sorry, I just returned from Minot last weekend... ob Food: Love the
Rollin' Pin Restaurant in Minot.

Karen

Yeff 16-08-2008 06:19 AM

Ratatouille - BOOM BOOM BOOM...!!!

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 11:15:08 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo wrote:

> Lynn in Fargo
> 300 Miles from Minot as the B5'2s fly

There's an old Air Force joke about putting any northern-tier base on
your Dream Sheet. It goes,

"Why not Minot?"
"Freezin' is the reason."

--

-Jeff B. (who spent the majority of his career in the Far East)

"Excuse me.
I don't mean to impose,
but I am the Ocean."

~ The Salton Sea

Gregory Morrow[_62_] 16-08-2008 09:20 PM

Ratatouille - BOOM BOOM BOOM...!!!

Lynn from Fargo wrote:

On Aug 15, 12:58 pm, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:
> Michael "Dog3" wrote:
> > "Gregory Morrow" >
> om:in rec.food.cooking

> > > At this moment I am cooking up some ratatouille ( a standard recipe,
> > > plus I'm adding some Boar's Head bacon that I had in the freezer)...

> > > This weekend is the 50th Annual Chicago Air & Water Show, lots of jets
> > > and things zooming RIGHT above, and very low too...right now they are
> > > practicing for their Friday afternoon show. It's pretty
> > > spectacular...

> > > It's a splendid lovely sunny day...cooking ratatouille...an iced
> > > coffee spew from one of Sheldon's "bon mots"...and a Stealth bomber a
> > > few hundred feet above keeping me all safe...what's to complain
> > > about...???

> > > Hope y'all have a GREAT weekend, kids...

> > Sounds really fun. When I lived in the Central West End, our condo faced
> > Forest Park. From our terrace you could see the entire hot air balloon
> > race. Some of the ballons would fly just a few yards from the terrace.
> > It was spectacular.

> > Greg... grab the binoculars and see if you can get a glimplse of the
> > pilots ;)

> A flyboy would be a dream catch for sure...
>
> ;-p
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

Greg,
You got Thunderbirds (USAF) or Blue Angels (USN) ?
When i was MUCH younger I was riding a bike on Highway 83 past Minot
Air Force Base. A fighter jet came over the road to approach the
landing strip. That son of a gun was so low I could tell you the
color of the pilot's EYES!

Lynn in Fargo
300 Miles from Minot as the B5'2s fly

----------------------

GM:

This year it's the Blue Angels...and Florence Henderson is "Mistress of
Ceremonies" for the whole shebang...!!!

You guys up in the Dakotas and Montana would have been among the first to be
toast during an all - out US - USSR nuclear exchange, you've lots of bases,
ICBM silos, etc...and Omaha is also a major nexus of military and civilian
communication too, that was a major target.

Hopefully those scary days are over...unless the Russkies get a little bit
too "feisty"...

--
Best
Greg

Cuthbert Thistlethwaite 17-08-2008 02:51 PM

Ratatouille - BOOM BOOM BOOM...!!!

> This weekend is the 50th Annual Chicago Air & Water Show, lots of jets and
> things zooming RIGHT above, and very low too...right now they are practicing
> for their Friday afternoon show. It's pretty spectacular...

I've lived right under this downtown for years but this time they've
outdone themselves.

Did you get to see the night time display of the biplanes with flashing
lights spewing fireworks? That was totally amazing.

Gregory Morrow[_62_] 17-08-2008 07:22 PM

Ratatouille - BOOM BOOM BOOM...!!!

Cuthbert Thistlethwaite wrote:

> > This weekend is the 50th Annual Chicago Air & Water Show, lots of jets

and
> > things zooming RIGHT above, and very low too...right now they are

practicing
> > for their Friday afternoon show. It's pretty spectacular...

> I've lived right under this downtown for years but this time they've
> outdone themselves.

Somebody on the nooze said that the first show held 50 years ago had a
budget of __$88.00__

> Did you get to see the night time display of the biplanes with flashing
> lights spewing fireworks? That was totally amazing.

Nope, I missed that...

--
Best
Greg