Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Baaad...egg, change recipe

I've been reading the hot dog thread. It was either in that thread or
another one where someone mentioned corn pudding. Dang, what a great
combination. I was thinking of all the ways I could tweak the corn
pudding recipe while I was assembling the ingredients.

Dang, only 3 eggs. As I was contemplating the adjustments I'd need to
make to the recipe, I thought I'd better check the eggs for freshness.
I've had them on hand for a while and found they weren't good anymore.
I know, some say a floating egg does not necessarily mean it's rotten.
To me it's a good indication I'm not using it.
http://i37.tinypic.com/jal4km.jpg

I had to come up with a plan B. So I decided to make a rendition of
creamed corn. I have some cream, onion, and my precious New Mexico
chile, and of course corn. This is corn that I scraped off the cob and
froze about a month ago. I also have some Enchalado Mexican cheese.
http://i35.tinypic.com/65rfdh.jpg

After the onion started to soften I added the chile and cooked a few
more minutes.
http://i35.tinypic.com/2djqiyv.jpg

When you scrape the chile off the cutting board with your knife, be
sure and bump the measuring cup that holds the cream.
http://i37.tinypic.com/14e9ulk.jpg

Then in went the corn. I wanted that to cook down a little so it
wouldn't be too liquidy when I added the cream.
http://i33.tinypic.com/35i6dk2.jpg

Add the cream and let that cook down a little.
http://i34.tinypic.com/1zdm2w9.jpg

While the corn is cooking down a little, cook your favorite hot dog. I
like sprinkling a little cheese on top and adding a nice cold beer.
http://i34.tinypic.com/14dm5pg.jpg

So as not to offend some people's delicate and well trained palates.
Here's the close up shot before the afore mentioned was added. ;-)
http://i37.tinypic.com/2qwfs74.jpg

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 8/09
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 18:04:02 -0700, koko > wrote:

snippage

Looks like I also snipped the part about adding mayonnaise to the
plate.

>So as not to offend some people's delicate and well trained palates.
>Here's the close up shot before the afore mentioned was added. ;-)
>http://i37.tinypic.com/2qwfs74.jpg
>
>koko
>There is no love more sincere than the love of food
> George Bernard Shaw
>www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
>updated 8/09

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 8/09
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko > wrote in news:spes9457ccrkm1t4i0t73s42u02j1bosv5@
4ax.com:

<snip awesomeness>

Anyone who would turn down that meal is just, well, *wrong*. That sounds
and looks fabulous!

Saerah
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 03:35:37 GMT, sarah gray >
wrote:

>koko > wrote in news:spes9457ccrkm1t4i0t73s42u02j1bosv5@
>4ax.com:
>
><snip awesomeness>
>
>Anyone who would turn down that meal is just, well, *wrong*. That sounds
>and looks fabulous!
>
>Saerah

Thank you Saerah.