Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bread Pudding Recipe

Here's a recipe for bread pudding that I found online. I'm excited to
try it out this weekend. Let me know if you have any other bread
pudding recipes.

Bread Pudding

Ingredients:

2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
3 eggs
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups bread, torn into small pieces (french bread works best)
1/2 cup raisins or berries (optional)

Directions:

1. In medium saucepan, over medium heat, heat milk just until film
forms over top. Combine butter and milk, stirring until butter is
melted. Cool to lukewarm.

2. Combine sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Beat with an
electric mixer at medium speed for 1 minute. Slowly add milk mixture.

3. Place bread in a lightly greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.

4. Sprinkle with raisins or berries if desired. Pour batter on top of
bread.

5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Serve
warm.

- Rufus
Founder of Recipe Swap: an online community for recipe people.
https://www.bigtent.com/groups/recipeswap