Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default making chocolate chip cooks with the "grands"

i had thekids over today, son & their mother (who is his significant
other) both work the same shift at the restaurant on wednesdays.
today alyssa (age 8) and i made the king arthur flour recipe. we left
out the almond extract, and used the ralph's brand flour, because
that's what we had in the house. raymond (age 8) chose to watch the
telly, and eat the cookies. they are now eating the warm cookies
with cold chocolate milk.

* 2/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
* 2/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter, right from the fridge, or at room
temperature
* 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, optional
* 1 teaspoon vinegar, cider or white
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 large egg
* 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

* 5 ounces light brown sugar, firmly packed
* 4 5/8 ounces granulated sugar
* 1 stick, 4 ounces unsalted butter, right from the fridge, or at
room temperature
* 3 1/2 ounces vegetable shortening
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, optional
* 1 teaspoon vinegar, cider or white
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 large egg
* 8 1/2 ounces King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
* 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two
baking sheets.

1) In a large bowl, combine the sugars, butter, shortening, salt,
vanilla and almond extracts, vinegar, and baking soda, beating until
smooth and creamy.

2) Beat in the egg, again beating till smooth. Scrape the bottom and
sides of the bowl with a spatula to make sure everything is thoroughly
combined.

3) Mix in the flour, then the chips.

4) Use a spoon (or a tablespoon cookie scoop) to scoop 1 1/4" balls of
dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2" between them on all
sides; they'll spread.

5) Bake the cookies for 11 to 12 minutes, till their edges are
chestnut brown and their tops are light golden brown, almost blonde.
Remove them from the oven, and cool on the pan till they've set enough
to move without breaking. Repeat with the remaining dough.

Yield: 32 cookies
Posted to rec.food.cooking

mequeenbe.nospam wrote:
> i had thekids over today, son & their mother (who is his significant
> other) both work the same shift at the restaurant on wednesdays.
> today alyssa (age 8) and i made the king arthur flour recipe. we left
> out the almond extract, and used the ralph's brand flour, because
> that's what we had in the house. raymond (age 8) chose to watch the
> telly, and eat the cookies. they are now eating the warm cookies
> with cold chocolate milk.

You are a good Grandma, I hope the grandchildren appreciate you. If I
have grandchildren, I hope I will do the same.

Becca