Posted to rec.food.cooking
CC CC is offline

Default Double Corn Skillet cornbread

Could someone please post the recipe for double corn skillet cornbread
on America's test kitchen show aired this morning on the east coast, I
missed part of it,
I am not a member and cannot access their site.
thanks everyone
cc

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"CC" > wrote in message

> Could someone please post the recipe for double corn skillet cornbread
> on America's test kitchen show aired this morning on the east coast, I
> missed part of it,
> I am not a member and cannot access their site.
> thanks everyone
> cc

and commit copyright violations?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kswck" > wrote in news:488c6c4d$0$20944
:

> "CC" > wrote in message
>>
>> Could someone please post the recipe for double corn skillet cornbread
>> on America's test kitchen show aired this morning on the east coast, I
>> missed part of it,
>> I am not a member and cannot access their site.
>> thanks everyone
>> cc

> and commit copyright violations?

Not from america's test kitchen but tasty anyways.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Alan's Green Chile Corn bread

alan, quick breads/biscuts, tested

-----wet stuff-----
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz.)can green chiles
2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce; minced (optional)
4 strips bacon; cooked & crumbled
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (14 oz) can creamed corn
3 eggs
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
----dry stuff----
1-1/2 cup cornmeal
3/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp Sugar; more or less

preheat oven to 400F

Combine wet stuff in a bowl...mix well.
Combine dry stuff in another bowl... mix well.

Add the 2 mixtures together and stir well; quickly and immediately pour
it into a Pam Sprayed 9'X9' pan.

The Idea is to to get it into the preheated oven soonest.

Bake at 400 F. for 40 min or so. Cool in pan for 10 min., then transfer to
wire rack to cool completely.

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking
CC CC is offline

"Kswck" > wrote in message

> "CC" > wrote in message
>>
>> Could someone please post the recipe for double corn skillet
>> cornbread
>> on America's test kitchen show aired this morning on the east
>> coast, I missed part of it,
>> I am not a member and cannot access their site.
>> thanks everyone
>> cc

> and commit copyright violations?

I would think if they gave the recipe out on TV to millions of viewers
that
there
would not be a problem with copyright infringement
thanks anyway Kswck
CC

Posted to rec.food.cooking
CC CC is offline

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
> "Kswck" > wrote in news:488c6c4d$0$20944
> :
>

>> "CC" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Could someone please post the recipe for double corn skillet
>>> cornbread
>>> on America's test kitchen show aired this morning on the east
>>> coast, I
>>> missed part of it,
>>> I am not a member and cannot access their site.
>>> thanks everyone
>>> cc

>> and commit copyright violations?
>>

> Not from america's test kitchen but tasty anyways.
>
> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Alan's Green Chile Corn bread
>
> alan, quick breads/biscuts, tested
>
> The house of the burning beet-Alan

Thanks Alan
I will try that one too
I have quite a few cornbread recipes and am not partial to most of
them,
I prefer a cornbread that is between the Northern and Southern
style, I don't like too sweet but with some sweetness,.
Also a tall cornbread, with a loose crumb. not cakey. nor as dense
as Southern cornbread.
I like a brown crust, but not overly brown either.
The best I have ever had was at the NASA cafeteria in
Langley VA and the other was from an elderly lady from
Kentucky, I'm still trying to duplicate or find a recipe like those
CC