Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Boiled eggs

How long MAXIMUM can I keep them in the fridge after boiling? Should
it be kept unpeeled or peeled to last longer? The reason I ask is
that oiled eggs is my eary breakfast 0 when I am still in bed and
sleepy and can't get up to eat but needed to eat for my hypoglycemia
and so I keep a piece of wheat bred ad a boiled egg by bed. So far I
boiled about 6 at a time. I need to make more space in the fridge and
so I am thinking to remove egg cartons - I buy 3 cartons at a time
when I got to special store like Super walmart and get a good rate for
the most expensive kind.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"amandaF" > wrote in message
> How long MAXIMUM can I keep them in the fridge after boiling?

I'd say a week.

>Should
> it be kept unpeeled or peeled to last longer?

Think about that a minute.

The reason I ask is
> that oiled eggs is my eary breakfast 0 when I am still in bed and
> sleepy and can't get up to eat

Do you have a fridge next to your bed?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

amandaF > wrote:

> How long MAXIMUM can I keep them in the fridge after boiling? Should
> it be kept unpeeled or peeled to last longer? The reason I ask is
> that oiled eggs is my eary breakfast 0 when I am still in bed and
> sleepy and can't get up to eat but needed to eat for my hypoglycemia
> and so I keep a piece of wheat bred ad a boiled egg by bed. So far I
> boiled about 6 at a time. I need to make more space in the fridge and
> so I am thinking to remove egg cartons - I buy 3 cartons at a time
> when I got to special store like Super walmart and get a good rate for
> the most expensive kind.

I think you're ****ed. Figgerig all tha shi out is frustrating.

But you deserve a second opinion. I say 5 days. And I'll lock in
that answer.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 24, 8:37 pm, amandaF > wrote:
> How long MAXIMUM can I keep them in the fridge after boiling? Should
> it be kept unpeeled or peeled to last longer? The reason I ask is
> that oiled eggs is my eary breakfast 0 when I am still in bed and
> sleepy and can't get up to eat but needed to eat for my hypoglycemia
> and so I keep a piece of wheat bred ad a boiled egg by bed. So far I
> boiled about 6 at a time. I need to make more space in the fridge and
> so I am thinking to remove egg cartons - I buy 3 cartons at a time
> when I got to special store like Super walmart and get a good rate for
> the most expensive kind.

I make up 7 at a time and they are fine til I finish them at one a
day.
Leave them in the shell, and peel them when ready to eat. Only keep
one
out overnight on your bedtable. And if it smells off when you crack
it,
don't eat it.

Leave them in the cartons before cooking, don't put them on the egg
rack
on the refrigerator door. Uncooked and in the fridge, they'll be ok
for
about a month, or til the date on the end of the carton. The white
gets
thinner, and the yolk doesn't stand up as high and breaks more easily,
but
they are still wholesome.

maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 24, 7:29 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> amandaF > wrote:
> > How long MAXIMUM can I keep them in the fridge after boiling? Should
> > it be kept unpeeled or peeled to last longer? The reason I ask is
> > that oiled eggs is my eary breakfast 0 when I am still in bed and
> > sleepy and can't get up to eat but needed to eat for my hypoglycemia
> > and so I keep a piece of wheat bred ad a boiled egg by bed. So far I
> > boiled about 6 at a time. I need to make more space in the fridge and
> > so I am thinking to remove egg cartons - I buy 3 cartons at a time
> > when I got to special store like Super walmart and get a good rate for
> > the most expensive kind.

> I think you're ****ed. Figgerig all tha shi out is frustrating.

You think I am doing this as a choice?

I can't eat anything but egg or beef and wheat bread unless I don't
want to fee well. These past 7-9 days, I have been strictly on wheat
bread and egg (or wheat bread and steak) for breakfast, wheat
tortilla and beef curry or fajita for both lunch and dinner -
sometimes also eating a little of except egg noodle w/ beef - in order
to feel well Today, I was near an Asian grocery store and went in
there but bought only a pack of fresh egg noodle. I didn't even buy
any vegetable, fearing that if I do stir fry (just vegetable or vege
and meat) I would end up making rice and some other dish that goes
with rice and would end with misery that would come from blood sugar
instability.

I am moving and will have a roommate and will be sharing the fridge
and thought of crunching the space of keeping cartons of eggs. I
guess, I can't. I'll get rid of juice bottles guess. Can't drink the
damn thing anymore anyway.

Am I blessed or cursed, eating just wheat product and meat? I will
never have to worry about gaining weight cus I won't be eating too
much starch.

> But you deserve a second opinion. I say 5 days. And I'll lock in
> that answer.

That's what I have been doing anyway. I used to eat (2 eggs- 1 egg
yolk) but now I have started trying just one egg.

> -sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
amandaF > wrote:

> On Jul 24, 7:29 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> > amandaF > wrote:
> > > How long MAXIMUM can I keep them in the fridge after boiling? Should
> > > it be kept unpeeled or peeled to last longer? The reason I ask is
> > > that oiled eggs is my eary breakfast 0 when I am still in bed and
> > > sleepy and can't get up to eat but needed to eat for my hypoglycemia
> > > and so I keep a piece of wheat bred ad a boiled egg by bed. So far I
> > > boiled about 6 at a time. I need to make more space in the fridge and
> > > so I am thinking to remove egg cartons - I buy 3 cartons at a time
> > > when I got to special store like Super walmart and get a good rate for
> > > the most expensive kind.

> > I think you're ****ed. Figgerig all tha shi out is frustrating.

> You think I am doing this as a choice?
>
> I can't eat anything but egg or beef and wheat bread unless I don't
> want to fee well. These past 7-9 days, I have been strictly on wheat
> bread and egg (or wheat bread and steak) for breakfast, wheat
> tortilla and beef curry or fajita for both lunch and dinner -
> sometimes also eating a little of except egg noodle w/ beef - in order
> to feel well Today, I was near an Asian grocery store and went in
> there but bought only a pack of fresh egg noodle. I didn't even buy
> any vegetable, fearing that if I do stir fry (just vegetable or vege
> and meat) I would end up making rice and some other dish that goes
> with rice and would end with misery that would come from blood sugar
> instability.
>
> I am moving and will have a roommate and will be sharing the fridge
> and thought of crunching the space of keeping cartons of eggs. I
> guess, I can't. I'll get rid of juice bottles guess. Can't drink the
> damn thing anymore anyway.
>
> Am I blessed or cursed, eating just wheat product and meat? I will
> never have to worry about gaining weight cus I won't be eating too
> much starch.

Go and see a dietician. Seriously. There is no need for you to be on
such a limited diet.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 24, 10:24 pm, Miche > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>

> amandaF > wrote:

> > > I think you're ****ed. Figgerig all tha shi out is frustrating.

> > You think I am doing this as a choice?

> > I can't eat anything but egg or beef and wheat bread unless I don't
> > want to fee well. These past 7-9 days, I have been strictly on wheat
> > bread and egg (or wheat bread and steak) for breakfast, wheat
> > tortilla and beef curry or fajita for both lunch and dinner -
> > sometimes also eating a little of except egg noodle w/ beef - in order
> > to feel well Today, I was near an Asian grocery store and went in
> > there but bought only a pack of fresh egg noodle. I didn't even buy
> > any vegetable, fearing that if I do stir fry (just vegetable or vege
> > and meat) I would end up making rice and some other dish that goes
> > with rice and would end with misery that would come from blood sugar
> > instability.

> > I am moving and will have a roommate and will be sharing the fridge
> > and thought of crunching the space of keeping cartons of eggs. I
> > guess, I can't. I'll get rid of juice bottles guess. Can't drink the
> > damn thing anymore anyway.

> > Am I blessed or cursed, eating just wheat product and meat? I will
> > never have to worry about gaining weight cus I won't be eating too
> > much starch.

> Go and see a dietician. Seriously. There is no need for you to be on
> such a limited diet.
>
> Miche

I'll introduce eating other things again slowly. I don't feel like
eating much especially in summer anyway. I am just happy that I can
stretch more time between the meals instead of having to think about
eating every couple of hours

> --
> Electricians do it in three phases

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 24, 7:37*pm, amandaF > wrote:
> How long MAXIMUM can I keep them in the fridge after boiling? Should
> it be kept unpeeled or peeled to last longer? *The reason I ask is
> that oiled eggs is my eary breakfast 0 when I am still in bed and
> sleepy and can't get up to eat but needed to eat for my hypoglycemia
> and so I keep a piece of wheat bred ad a boiled egg by bed. So far I
> boiled about 6 at a time. I need to make more space in the fridge and
> so I am thinking to remove egg cartons - I buy 3 cartons at a time
> when I got to special store like Super walmart and get a good rate for
> the most expensive kind.

If you buy 3 dozen at a time, and they're relatively fresh when you
buy them, you can keep them for up to 6 weeks in the refrigerator. I
would keep them like that - raw in the shell - until cook time and
only cook them 3 days' worth at a time. That's all my stomach can
handle, although I know some people can keep them 5 days without
problems. I, personally, wouldn't peel them until ready to eat them,
but others may have better ideas on that.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:37:33 -0700 (PDT), amandaF
> wrote:

>How long MAXIMUM can I keep them in the fridge after boiling? Should
>it be kept unpeeled or peeled to last longer? The reason I ask is
>that oiled eggs is my eary breakfast 0 when I am still in bed and
>sleepy and can't get up to eat but needed to eat for my hypoglycemia
>and so I keep a piece of wheat bred ad a boiled egg by bed. So far I
>boiled about 6 at a time. I need to make more space in the fridge and
>so I am thinking to remove egg cartons - I buy 3 cartons at a time
>when I got to special store like Super walmart and get a good rate for
>the most expensive kind.

according to the dope at the f.d.a. website:

According to the FDA, (U. S. Food and Drug Administration FDA Consumer
January 1992) "Use raw shell eggs within 5 weeks after bringing them
home. Use hard-cooked eggs (in the shell or peeled) within 1 week
after cooking. Use leftover yolks and whites within 4 days after
removing them from the shell."

if you really want to get into the weeds, each carton should have on
it the julian date the eggs were packed:

<http://lancaster.unl.edu/food/ciq-egg-dates.shtml>

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
amandaF > wrote:

> On Jul 24, 10:24 pm, Miche > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> >

> > amandaF > wrote:

> > > You think I am doing this as a choice?

> > > I can't eat anything but egg or beef and wheat bread unless I don't
> > > want to fee well. These past 7-9 days, I have been strictly on wheat
> > > bread and egg (or wheat bread and steak) for breakfast, wheat
> > > tortilla and beef curry or fajita for both lunch and dinner -
> > > sometimes also eating a little of except egg noodle w/ beef - in order
> > > to feel well Today, I was near an Asian grocery store and went in
> > > there but bought only a pack of fresh egg noodle. I didn't even buy
> > > any vegetable, fearing that if I do stir fry (just vegetable or vege
> > > and meat) I would end up making rice and some other dish that goes
> > > with rice and would end with misery that would come from blood sugar
> > > instability.

> > > I am moving and will have a roommate and will be sharing the fridge
> > > and thought of crunching the space of keeping cartons of eggs. I
> > > guess, I can't. I'll get rid of juice bottles guess. Can't drink the
> > > damn thing anymore anyway.

> > > Am I blessed or cursed, eating just wheat product and meat? I will
> > > never have to worry about gaining weight cus I won't be eating too
> > > much starch.

> > Go and see a dietician. Seriously. There is no need for you to be on
> > such a limited diet.
> >
> > Miche

> I'll introduce eating other things again slowly. I don't feel like
> eating much especially in summer anyway. I am just happy that I can
> stretch more time between the meals instead of having to think about
> eating every couple of hours

At least consider seeing a dietician. That way you can be sure of
getting all the nutrients you need.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 25, 12:45 pm, Nancy2 > wrote:
> On Jul 24, 7:37 pm, amandaF > wrote:
>
> > How long MAXIMUM can I keep them in the fridge after boiling? Should
> > it be kept unpeeled or peeled to last longer? The reason I ask is
> > that oiled eggs is my eary breakfast 0 when I am still in bed and
> > sleepy and can't get up to eat but needed to eat for my hypoglycemia
> > and so I keep a piece of wheat bred ad a boiled egg by bed. So far I
> > boiled about 6 at a time. I need to make more space in the fridge and
> > so I am thinking to remove egg cartons - I buy 3 cartons at a time
> > when I got to special store like Super walmart and get a good rate for
> > the most expensive kind.

> If you buy 3 dozen at a time, and they're relatively fresh when you
> buy them, you can keep them for up to 6 weeks in the refrigerator. I
> would keep them like that - raw in the shell - until cook time and
> only cook them 3 days' worth at a time. That's all my stomach can
> handle, although I know some people can keep them 5 days without
> problems. I, personally, wouldn't peel them until ready to eat them,
> but others may have better ideas on that.
>
> N.

Okay, I'll boil 3 at a time or for 3 days supply and keep them in
shell until ready to eat them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 25, 2:12 pm, Miche > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>

> amandaF > wrote:
> > On Jul 24, 10:24 pm, Miche > wrote:
> > > In article

> > > Go and see a dietician. Seriously. There is no need for you to be on
> > > such a limited diet.

> > > Miche

> > I'll introduce eating other things again slowly. I don't feel like
> > eating much especially in summer anyway. I am just happy that I can
> > stretch more time between the meals instead of having to think about
> > eating every couple of hours

> At least consider seeing a dietician. That way you can be sure of
> getting all the nutrients you need.
>
> Miche

Yesterday, I made a stir-fried dish using ground chicken and Thais
holy basis l seasoning (comes in bottles; no preservative). Ate with
some white rice and steamed broccoli. Felt a little sugar spiking but
not too bad. I ate left over rice and the same chicken around 5 or
5:30pm. Later, went to a sushi place and had a plate of 8 Sashimi - 4
w/ tuna and 4/ with salmon - served with some boiled Edamame. I wish I
can afford to eat that Sashimi plate quite often like every other
day. It was $11.95.

I was never big on sushi; didn't eat that often because of all that
rice wrapped. Was wondering how sashimi was different from sushi
though I have had it before, along with sushi.

> Electricians do it in three phases

Posted to rec.food.cooking

amandaF wrote:
> How long MAXIMUM can I keep them in the fridge after boiling?
> Should it be kept unpeeled or peeled to last longer?

http://www.aeb.org/LearnMore/Eggcycl.../S.htm#Storing

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 26, 12:38 pm, Sheldon > wrote:
> amandaF wrote:
> > How long MAXIMUM can I keep them in the fridge after boiling?
> > Should it be kept unpeeled or peeled to last longer?

> http://www.aeb.org/LearnMore/Eggcycl.../S.htm#Storing

It says .."If you find yourself with more eggs than you will use in
several weeks, freeze them." , but how?