Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A Nice Change.

A Nice Change.

I always liked watching Sara Moulton on foodTV and I'm channel surfing and
she pops up on a PBS station "Sara's Weeknight Meals".

Greek recipes on this episode. With a guest chef.

Pretty similar to "Sara's Secrets" on Food TV but still somehow, refreshing
on PBS!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy said...

> A Nice Change.
>
> I always liked watching Sara Moulton on foodTV and I'm channel surfing
> and she pops up on a PBS station "Sara's Weeknight Meals".
>
> Greek recipes on this episode. With a guest chef.
>
> Pretty similar to "Sara's Secrets" on Food TV but still somehow,
> refreshing on PBS!
>
> Andy

I know what it is!!!

NO commercial interruptions!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 15:07:29 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>A Nice Change.
>
>I always liked watching Sara Moulton on foodTV and I'm channel surfing and
>she pops up on a PBS station "Sara's Weeknight Meals".
>
>Greek recipes on this episode. With a guest chef.
>
>Pretty similar to "Sara's Secrets" on Food TV but still somehow, refreshing
>on PBS!

Glad to hear she has a show again - and I can access it! Now I just
have to figure out which PBS station it's on here (we have 3, I
think).

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

said...

> On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 15:07:29 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>>A Nice Change.
>>
>>I always liked watching Sara Moulton on foodTV and I'm channel surfing
>>and she pops up on a PBS station "Sara's Weeknight Meals".
>>
>>Greek recipes on this episode. With a guest chef.
>>
>>Pretty similar to "Sara's Secrets" on Food TV but still somehow,
>>refreshing on PBS!
>>

> Glad to hear she has a show again - and I can access it! Now I just
> have to figure out which PBS station it's on here (we have 3, I
> think).

sf,

http://www.saramoulton.com/weeknightmeals/

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 15:26:39 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

> said...
>
>> On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 15:07:29 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>>
>>>A Nice Change.
>>>
>>>I always liked watching Sara Moulton on foodTV and I'm channel surfing
>>>and she pops up on a PBS station "Sara's Weeknight Meals".
>>>
>>>Greek recipes on this episode. With a guest chef.
>>>
>>>Pretty similar to "Sara's Secrets" on Food TV but still somehow,
>>>refreshing on PBS!
>>>

>> Glad to hear she has a show again - and I can access it! Now I just
>> have to figure out which PBS station it's on here (we have 3, I
>> think).

>sf,
>
>http://www.saramoulton.com/weeknightmeals/

Thanks for doing my homework! I'm glad she's putting recipes on the
site instead of saving them to sell a cookbook!
<smooches from me to Sara>

We're moving furniture around in the den today, which meant taking all
the books off 3 tall bookcases first. It turns out I have FIVE
different Jeff Smith cookbooks and I didn't even realize it until
today!

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

said...

> On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 15:26:39 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> said...

>>> Glad to hear she has a show again - and I can access it! Now I just
>>> have to figure out which PBS station it's on here (we have 3, I
>>> think).

>>sf,
>>
>>http://www.saramoulton.com/weeknightmeals/
>>

> Thanks for doing my homework! I'm glad she's putting recipes on the
> site instead of saving them to sell a cookbook!
> <smooches from me to Sara>
>
> We're moving furniture around in the den today, which meant taking all
> the books off 3 tall bookcases first. It turns out I have FIVE
> different Jeff Smith cookbooks and I didn't even realize it until
> today!

sf,

Yer welcome!

Don't hurt yourself rebuilding the library!

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 15:56:16 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>sf,
>
>Yer welcome!
>
>Don't hurt yourself rebuilding the library!

Yeah, you can say that again! I made my back hurt just carrying them
out to the hallway and stacking them on the floor. Taking a break
now... son and future son in law will come over later to do the heavy
moving and wire fiddling. It just dawned on me that we need the cable
guy to come over and put an outlet on that wall. In the mean time,
wires will run under the rug. I'm not happy about that idea.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

said...

> On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 15:56:16 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>>sf,
>>
>>Yer welcome!
>>
>>Don't hurt yourself rebuilding the library!

> Yeah, you can say that again! I made my back hurt just carrying them
> out to the hallway and stacking them on the floor. Taking a break
> now... son and future son in law will come over later to do the heavy
> moving and wire fiddling. It just dawned on me that we need the cable
> guy to come over and put an outlet on that wall. In the mean time,
> wires will run under the rug. I'm not happy about that idea.

sf,

When help arrives, just pull out your pointing finger and let it do it's
stuff!!! And be LOUD about it! ;D

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>A Nice Change.
>
> I always liked watching Sara Moulton on foodTV and I'm channel surfing and
> she pops up on a PBS station "Sara's Weeknight Meals".
>
> Greek recipes on this episode. With a guest chef.
>
> Pretty similar to "Sara's Secrets" on Food TV but still somehow,
> refreshing
> on PBS!
>
> Andy

I usually tune in the PBC cooking shows while I do housework on Saturdays. I
especially like Jim Coleman and Steve Raichlen.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 19, 4:53*pm, sf wrote:
> We're moving furniture around in the den today, which meant taking all
> the books off 3 tall bookcases first. *It turns out I have FIVE
> different Jeff Smith cookbooks and I didn't even realize it until
> today!

I think at this point I only have the original Frugal Gourmet
Cookbook. I keep it around for two very good recipes: Pot Roast With
Pickles and Feta Cheese and Spinach Quiche. Coincidentally, I was
paging through that book this morning to see if there's anything else
worthwhile in it. Did find anything earth-shaking.

Leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dejablues said...

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>>A Nice Change.
>>
>> I always liked watching Sara Moulton on foodTV and I'm channel surfing
>> and she pops up on a PBS station "Sara's Weeknight Meals".
>>
>> Greek recipes on this episode. With a guest chef.
>>
>> Pretty similar to "Sara's Secrets" on Food TV but still somehow,
>> refreshing
>> on PBS!
>>
>> Andy

> I usually tune in the PBC cooking shows while I do housework on
> Saturdays. I especially like Jim Coleman and Steve Raichlen.

dejablues,

Steve Raichlen, as in Jack's Firehouse, Philadelphia?!? "A Chef's Table"?
Is that the show?

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"LeoS" > wrote in message
On Jul 19, 4:53 pm, sf wrote:
> We're moving furniture around in the den today, which meant taking all
> the books off 3 tall bookcases first. It turns out I have FIVE
> different Jeff Smith cookbooks and I didn't even realize it until
> today!

I think at this point I only have the original Frugal Gourmet
Cookbook. I keep it around for two very good recipes: Pot Roast With
Pickles and Feta Cheese and Spinach Quiche. Coincidentally, I was
paging through that book this morning to see if there's anything else
worthwhile in it. Did find anything earth-shaking.

Leo

I like the recipe for sauerkraut is his "Immigrant Ancestors' cookbook.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> dejablues said...
>

>> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>>>A Nice Change.
>>>
>>> I always liked watching Sara Moulton on foodTV and I'm channel surfing
>>> and she pops up on a PBS station "Sara's Weeknight Meals".
>>>
>>> Greek recipes on this episode. With a guest chef.
>>>
>>> Pretty similar to "Sara's Secrets" on Food TV but still somehow,
>>> refreshing
>>> on PBS!
>>>
>>> Andy

>> I usually tune in the PBC cooking shows while I do housework on
>> Saturdays. I especially like Jim Coleman and Steve Raichlen.

> dejablues,
>
> Steve Raichlen, as in Jack's Firehouse, Philadelphia?!? "A Chef's Table"?
> Is that the show?

Jim Coleman is from "A Chef's Table", and of Normandy Farm in Blue Bell (I
won a cookbook by calling into his radio show once!)
Steve Raichlin is on "Barbecue U" . I haven't seen his show on WHYY lately,
and it seems that it's moved to WYBE (ch 35) Friday at 1:00 pm.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

LeoS wrote:
> On Jul 19, 4:53 pm, sf wrote:
>> We're moving furniture around in the den today, which meant taking all
>> the books off 3 tall bookcases first. It turns out I have FIVE
>> different Jeff Smith cookbooks and I didn't even realize it until
>> today!

> I think at this point I only have the original Frugal Gourmet
> Cookbook.

I have an old spiral-bound, small-format cookbook of his from before he
was famous, called something like "The Chaplain's Pantry". I keep it
because it feels like a bit of history to me. I figure some day I'll
give it away to someone who would appreciate it.

Serene
--
"I think I have an umami receptor that has developed sentience." -- Stef
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 19 Jul 2008 08:55:56p, Serene Vannoy told us...

> LeoS wrote:
>> On Jul 19, 4:53 pm, sf wrote:
>>> We're moving furniture around in the den today, which meant taking all
>>> the books off 3 tall bookcases first. It turns out I have FIVE
>>> different Jeff Smith cookbooks and I didn't even realize it until
>>> today!

>> I think at this point I only have the original Frugal Gourmet
>> Cookbook.

> I have an old spiral-bound, small-format cookbook of his from before he
> was famous, called something like "The Chaplain's Pantry". I keep it
> because it feels like a bit of history to me. I figure some day I'll
> give it away to someone who would appreciate it.
>
> Serene

I remember Jeff Smith talking about that book on his Frugal Gourmet show.
I've never seen a copy, and have never found one in any new or used book
store. It sounds like it would be very interesting.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 07(VII)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)