Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default dinner tomorrow night

Whaddya think? Garlicy lemony salmon; wild crimson rice (a casserole out of
Bert Greene's "Grains" book with tomatoes, fresh herbs, bit of allspice, a
schmeck of whipping cream and a soupcon of parm), spinach salad, and those
raspberry marzipan tarts for dessert.

TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:54:56 -0700, "TammyM" >
wrote:

>Whaddya think? Garlicy lemony salmon; wild crimson rice (a casserole out of
>Bert Greene's "Grains" book with tomatoes, fresh herbs, bit of allspice, a
>schmeck of whipping cream and a soupcon of parm), spinach salad, and those
>raspberry marzipan tarts for dessert.
>
>TammyM

If you want to cook it anyplace but home, I have room here in my
kitchen..

You made me hungry now.....

I have to look at that rice recipe..I have that book.

Christine, who has no idea of what is for dinner here tonight
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:54:56 -0700, "TammyM" >
> wrote:
>
>>Whaddya think? Garlicy lemony salmon; wild crimson rice (a casserole out
>>of
>>Bert Greene's "Grains" book with tomatoes, fresh herbs, bit of allspice, a
>>schmeck of whipping cream and a soupcon of parm), spinach salad, and those
>>raspberry marzipan tarts for dessert.
>>
>>TammyM
>>

> If you want to cook it anyplace but home, I have room here in my
> kitchen..
>
> You made me hungry now.....

LOL! Hey would you look at the tart recipe posted separately and tell me
what you think? I'm going to make the tart shells tonight and am wondering
if I can fill them too, etc. I've not done tarts before :-)

> I have to look at that rice recipe..I have that book.

Overall, Bert has a way of taking a very healthful type of food and loading
it up with saturated fats - kinda like Paula Deen!

> Christine, who has no idea of what is for dinner here tonight

Leftovers from last night he lemon-thyme pork chops, bulgar pilaf,
grilled summer squash salad with basil and parm and a splash of balsamico

TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:09:31 -0700, "TammyM" >
wrote:

>LOL! Hey would you look at the tart recipe posted separately and tell me
>what you think? I'm going to make the tart shells tonight and am wondering
>if I can fill them too, etc. I've not done tarts before :-)

Oh darn...I deleted the recipe on this computer...I did save it on the
new computer though. I will have to get back to you on that...

>> I have to look at that rice recipe..I have that book.

>Overall, Bert has a way of taking a very healthful type of food and loading
>it up with saturated fats - kinda like Paula Deen!

I have most of his books.. He does have some good stuff..but you are
right. He did like his cream and butter. Good cook though.
>> Christine, who has no idea of what is for dinner here tonight

>Leftovers from last night he lemon-thyme pork chops, bulgar pilaf,
>grilled summer squash salad with basil and parm and a splash of balsamico
>
>TammyM

Well..I just came home from the market, and I found chicken thighs on
sale...so I could use those for something. Maybe Arroz con
Pollo....I haven't made that in some time...

I also got broccoli on sale...so it could be one of the pastas from
one of Deborah Madison's books... She has one in The Savory Way that
I really like, with broccoli, tomatoes, olives.... It is very good.

I also got fresh cherries..and I am thinking a cherry clafoutis, from
a recipe that John Thorne uses in his book Outlaw Cook.

Plus I still have stuff left from last week that needs to be cooked.
That summer squash salad sounds good.

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"TammyM" > wrote:

> Whaddya think? Garlicy lemony salmon; wild crimson rice (a casserole out of
> Bert Greene's "Grains" book with tomatoes, fresh herbs, bit of allspice, a
> schmeck of whipping cream and a soupcon of parm), spinach salad, and those
> raspberry marzipan tarts for dessert.
>
> TammyM

What time are we eating? And who's eating with us? The rice dish
sounds pretty tasty.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "TammyM" > wrote:
>
>> Whaddya think? Garlicy lemony salmon; wild crimson rice (a casserole out
>> of
>> Bert Greene's "Grains" book with tomatoes, fresh herbs, bit of allspice,
>> schmeck of whipping cream and a soupcon of parm), spinach salad, and
>> those
>> raspberry marzipan tarts for dessert.
>>
>> TammyM

> What time are we eating? And who's eating with us? The rice dish
> sounds pretty tasty.

The original recipe calls for a lot of cheese. I'm going to use
considerably less. Boyo owns/operates a personal fitness studio, is fit
himself to the hilt (and hard as a rock, har har har....) and lives by the
75%-25% rule - 75% healthy, 25% can be shall we say "otherwise". I figure
the tarts are "otherwise". I'm going to go ahead and fill them tonight and
then put on the raspberries/glaze tomorrow night. I'll take a pic tonight,
that way if they don't turn out, I can show him what he missed :-) And the
meal will have been 100% healthy :-))))) <not to worry, I'll have some nice
low fat Cherry Garcia frozen yogurt here just in case....>

TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Whaddya think? Garlicy lemony salmon; wild crimson rice (a casserole out of
>Bert Greene's "Grains" book with tomatoes, fresh herbs, bit of allspice, a
>schmeck of whipping cream and a soupcon of parm), spinach salad, and those
>raspberry marzipan tarts for dessert.

I think it sounds scrumptious. Unfortunately, my invitation was lost
in the mail.

Mae West