Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Info Please

I lurk in here alot so figure this is the place to ask for help.

I ate at Red Lobster the other day...the group ordered a sampler
plate..it had clamari, peppers etc. but also fried broccoli. Almost
like it was blanced a bit then fried for a few seconds.....it was
crunchy...the seasoning was real good but could not place just what it
was.

I was wondering if anyone had had this.

Thanks so much and have a good day.

Sheryl

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheryl" > wrote in message
>I lurk in here alot so figure this is the place to ask for help.
>
> I ate at Red Lobster the other day...the group ordered a sampler
> plate..it had clamari, peppers etc. but also fried broccoli. Almost
> like it was blanced a bit then fried for a few seconds.....it was
> crunchy...the seasoning was real good but could not place just what it
> was.
>
> I was wondering if anyone had had this.
>
> Thanks so much and have a good day.
>
> Sheryl

In all likelihood the food was pre-prepared and a commercial product
available at places like SYSCO.

If you want to duplicate the crunchy fried taste/texture use Panko - this is
available in most markets in the oriental foods section. Technically Panko
is classified as a breadcrumb but the manufacturing process is very
different for lack of a better term is a dried flaked batter.

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheryl wrote:

> I lurk in here alot so figure this is the place to ask for help.
>
> I ate at Red Lobster the other day...the group ordered a sampler
> plate..it had clamari, peppers etc. but also fried broccoli. Almost
> like it was blanced a bit then fried for a few seconds.....it was
> crunchy...the seasoning was real good but could not place just what it
> was.
>
> I was wondering if anyone had had this.

I haven't been to a RL in quite a while, but when I used to stop at one
that was convenient for where I was then, I pretty much always got that.
Good stuff.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Info Please...DIMITRI

Thanks for the info. Three of my grandchildren love to go to Red Lobster
so that's where we go. (ages 8-9 & 11)

So sorry if I offended anyone...just thought this would be the place to
get a right anwser. I won't bother you folks again.

Have a good evening.

Sheryl

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky Burger wrote:
> Sheryl wrote:
> > I lurk in here alot so figure this is the place to ask for help.

> > I ate at Red Lobster the other day...the group ordered a sampler
> > plate..it had clamari, peppers etc. but also �fried broccoli. Almost
> > like it was blanced a bit then fried for a few seconds.....it was
> > crunchy...the seasoning was real good but could not place just what it
> > was.

> > I was wondering if anyone had had this.

> I haven't been to a RL in quite a while.

You wouldn't dare lest you become a Sponge Bob Square Pants Blinky
Burger; shark steak, lettuce and tomato, secret sauce, on a toasted
sesame seed bun.

Best web site on the net:
http://www.nick.com/shows/spongebob_...ts/index.jhtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 14 Jul 2008 07:35:39a, Sheryl told us...

> I lurk in here alot so figure this is the place to ask for help.
>
> I ate at Red Lobster the other day...the group ordered a sampler
> plate..it had clamari, peppers etc. but also fried broccoli. Almost
> like it was blanced a bit then fried for a few seconds.....it was
> crunchy...the seasoning was real good but could not place just what it
> was.
>
> I was wondering if anyone had had this.
>
> Thanks so much and have a good day.
>
> Sheryl

I'll probably catch hell for saying this, but I really like Red Lobster. I
haven't actually had this sampler platter, though, so I can't really
comment on your question. I love their coconut shrimp and several other
dishes.

Unfortunately, you'll probably get a lot of naysayers on this group.
That's just how they are. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Monday, 07(VII)/14(XIV)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheryl" > wrote in message
> Thanks for the info. Three of my grandchildren love to go to Red Lobster
> so that's where we go. (ages 8-9 & 11)
>
> So sorry if I offended anyone...just thought this would be the place to
> get a right anwser. I won't bother you folks again.
>
> Have a good evening.
>
> Sheryl

Enjoy the Cheddar Bay Biscuits. :-)

Don't worry about the... The.... The... idiots here.

There are those here who believe life is like a sewer - what you get out
depends on what you put into it.

Take what you need and leave the rest.

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:58:00 -0700, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>Enjoy the Cheddar Bay Biscuits. :-)

What thread was that? I totally missed your recipe.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I'll probably catch hell for saying this, but I really like Red Lobster. I
> haven't actually had this sampler platter, though, so I can't really
> comment on your question. I love their coconut shrimp and several other
> dishes.
>
> Unfortunately, you'll probably get a lot of naysayers on this group.
> That's just how they are. :-)

<hiding behind Wayne> If you want semi-fast food, Red Lobster is not a
bad choice.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca > wrote in
:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> I'll probably catch hell for saying this, but I really like Red
>> Lobster. I haven't actually had this sampler platter, though, so I
>> can't really comment on your question. I love their coconut shrimp
>> and several other dishes.
>>
>> Unfortunately, you'll probably get a lot of naysayers on this group.
>> That's just how they are. :-)

> <hiding behind Wayne> If you want semi-fast food, Red Lobster is not
> a bad choice.
>
> Becca

When they do the all you can eat shrimp...I'm there in a shot...RL beats
many francise joints in this town...hands down. And I for one don't think
poorly of it. But I enjoy olive garden too so that shows just what a vile
person of no taste I am.(And proud of it). Eat what you enjoy and to hell
with others (life is too short to do otherwise).

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote in message ...
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:58:00 -0700, "Dimitri" >
> wrote:
>
>>Enjoy the Cheddar Bay Biscuits. :-)

> What thread was that? I totally missed your recipe.
>

> --
> I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the
> number of carats in a diamond.
>
> Mae West

Sorry When you eat at the Red Lobster they serve a cheddar cheese & Garlic
buiscuit that call Cheddar Bay.

Here is a copycat recipe:

Ingredients

Biscuits

2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix

1 cup finely grated cheddar cheese

3/4 cup whole milk

2 tablespoons butter, melted

1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Garlic Butter

1/4 cup butter, melted

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

1 dash salt

Directions

1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2 Combine garlic butter ingredients, mixing well.

3 Combine biscuit ingredients in a medium bowl.

4 Mix until well combined.

5 Drop approximately 1/4-cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie
sheet.

6 Brush garlic butter on top before baking.

7 PS: Sprinkle extra cheese on top as well. if you would like. ; ).

8 Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn
light brown.

9 Serve warm.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 15 Jul 2008 11:27:48a, hahabogus told us...

> Becca > wrote in
> :
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>> I'll probably catch hell for saying this, but I really like Red
>>> Lobster. I haven't actually had this sampler platter, though, so I
>>> can't really comment on your question. I love their coconut shrimp
>>> and several other dishes.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, you'll probably get a lot of naysayers on this group.
>>> That's just how they are. :-)

>> <hiding behind Wayne> If you want semi-fast food, Red Lobster is not
>> a bad choice.
>>
>> Becca
>>

> When they do the all you can eat shrimp...I'm there in a shot...RL beats
> many francise joints in this town...hands down. And I for one don't think
> poorly of it. But I enjoy olive garden too so that shows just what a vile
> person of no taste I am.(And proud of it). Eat what you enjoy and to hell
> with others (life is too short to do otherwise).

Agreed. I also like Olive Garden. As with all chain establishments, some
individual stores are quite good and some are quite bad. You just have to
find a good one. For example, the RL closest to me is absolutely horrible,
but there's one a few miles further away that is excellent.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Tuesday, 07(VII)/15(XV)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:28:03 -0700, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>Sorry When you eat at the Red Lobster they serve a cheddar cheese & Garlic
>buiscuit that call Cheddar Bay.
>
>Here is a copycat recipe:

<snipped and saved for later>

Thanks, Dimitri... can't say I've ever eaten there. Can't even say
I've heard of cheddar biscuits. Are they common outside the chain (is
it a southern thing)?

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:24:10 -0500, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:

>So did Sheryl Rosen fire up the 'ole WebTV to do a little trolling, one
>wonders. I'm just sayin'...

<shudder>

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote in message ...
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:28:03 -0700, "Dimitri" >
> wrote:
>
>>Sorry When you eat at the Red Lobster they serve a cheddar cheese & Garlic
>>buiscuit that call Cheddar Bay.
>>
>>Here is a copycat recipe:
>>

> <snipped and saved for later>
>
> Thanks, Dimitri... can't say I've ever eaten there. Can't even say
> I've heard of cheddar biscuits. Are they common outside the chain (is
> it a southern thing)?
>

> --
> I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the
> number of carats in a diamond.
>
> Mae West

Although biscuits are generally considered a southern staple the Lobster
house IMHO is a New England themed chain. The cheddar bay biscuits are once
again IMHO designed to fill you up on inexpensive things so you leave FULL
and satisfied.

If you eat a lot of the stuff like that you're half full be the time you get
the entre.

When I go to San Francisco and stop at Scomas for their cioppino it's all I
can do to control myself and not eat a half a loaf of their bread before the
appetizer and/or salad.comes.

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"sf" wrote in message ...
>> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:58:00 -0700, "Dimitri" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Enjoy the Cheddar Bay Biscuits. :-)

>> What thread was that? I totally missed your recipe.
>>

>> --
>> I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the
>> number of carats in a diamond.
>>
>> Mae West

>Sorry When you eat at the Red Lobster they serve a cheddar cheese & Garlic
>buiscuit that call Cheddar Bay.
>
>Here is a copycat recipe:

I found that 1/4 teaspoon "old bay" in the dough and 1/8th in the
butter really makes a big difference. I've also seen recipes that
called for shrimp scampi butter. But I have no clue what that is.
Any idea?

They're great when you've got a bunch of hungry kids to feed.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:28:03 -0700, "Dimitri" >
> wrote:

>>Here is a copycat recipe:

> I found that 1/4 teaspoon "old bay" in the dough and 1/8th in the
> butter really makes a big difference. I've also seen recipes that
> called for shrimp scampi butter. But I have no clue what that is.
> Any idea?
>
> They're great when you've got a bunch of hungry kids to feed.
>
> Lou

I have seen the recipe with Old bay as well but never used it.

The original scampi recipes called for Butter, Garlic & shrimp - that's all!

Basically scampi butter would be garlic simmered in butter.

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:26:22 -0700, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>When I go to San Francisco and stop at Scomas for their cioppino it's all I
>can do to control myself and not eat a half a loaf of their bread before the
>appetizer and/or salad.comes.

Bread will get you every time.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 17:15:43 -0700, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:28:03 -0700, "Dimitri" >
>> wrote:

>>>Here is a copycat recipe:

>> I found that 1/4 teaspoon "old bay" in the dough and 1/8th in the
>> butter really makes a big difference. I've also seen recipes that
>> called for shrimp scampi butter. But I have no clue what that is.
>> Any idea?
>>
>> They're great when you've got a bunch of hungry kids to feed.
>>
>> Lou

>I have seen the recipe with Old bay as well but never used it.

It's a nice addition.

>The original scampi recipes called for Butter, Garlic & shrimp - that's all!

Thanks. I learned something today.

>Basically scampi butter would be garlic simmered in butter.

I always save my shrimp shells. Next time I'll do a little
experimenting.

Thanks again,

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Lou Decruss" > wrote
>>
>> I've also seen recipes that called for shrimp scampi butter.
>> But I have no clue what that is.
>> Any idea?

>The original scampi recipes called for Butter, Garlic & shrimp - that's all!
>
>Basically scampi butter would be garlic simmered in butter.

He called it shrimp scampi butter, but didn't mention what recipe it's
used in.... so I immediately thought of sauteing shrimp shells in
butter (& garlic)... you know, similar to a traditional "lobster
sauce" before stock is added.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:30:05 -0500, Lou Decruss >
wrote:

>I always save my shrimp shells. Next time I'll do a little
>experimenting.

Great minds! Here's a link to "lobster sauce" mentioned in the other
post so you can see that, in fact, you can saute shrimp shells in
butter. Never heard it called "scampi sauce" though.
http://homecooking.about.com/od/seaf.../r/blsea82.htm

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Info Please

Group: rec.food.cooking Date: Mon, Jul 14, 2008, 2:24pm (EDT-3) From:
lid (Blinky*the*Shark)
Sheryl wrote:

I lurk in here alot so figure this is the place to ask for help.
I ate at Red Lobster the other day...the group ordered a sampler
plate..it had clamari, peppers etc. but also fried broccoli. Almost like
it was blanced a bit then fried for a few seconds.....it was
crunchy...the seasoning was real good but could not place just what it
was.
I was wondering if anyone had had this.

I haven't been to a RL in quite a while, but when I used to stop at one
that was convenient for where I was then, I pretty much always got that.
Good stuff.
--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org Need a new
news feed? http://blinkynet.net/comp/newfeed.html

Info Please...DIMITRI

Group: rec.food.cooking Date: Wed, Jul 16, 2008, 12:04am (EDT-3) From:
lid (Blinky*the*Shark)
sf wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 00:55:47 -0700, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:
sf wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:46:14 -0500,
(Sheryl) wrote:
Thanks for the info. Three of my grandchildren love to go to Red Lobster
so that's where we go. (ages 8-9 & 11)
So sorry if I offended anyone...just thought this would be the place to
get a right anwser. I won't bother you folks again.

I'm completely clueless about why you just threw a hissy fit. You might
be surprised to learn that rec.food.cooking isn't a webtv group and
usenet isn't a place for people with thin skins.

Now you're going to have to explain "Usenet".

I'll let you do that, if she hasn't flounced off yet. LOL

She can't read my posts.
--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org Need a new
news feed? http://blinkynet.net/comp/newfeed.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Sheldon >
wrote:

>Best web site on the net:
>http://www.nick.com/shows/spongebob_...ts/index.jhtml

My inner child loves SpongeBob.

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 02:33:53 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>I love their coconut shrimp and several other dishes.

Coconut shrimp is yummy, but it's not a Red Lobster exclusive. You
can find it a lot of places.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:02:59 -0500, Becca >
wrote:

>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> I'll probably catch hell for saying this, but I really like Red Lobster. I
>> haven't actually had this sampler platter, though, so I can't really
>> comment on your question. I love their coconut shrimp and several other
>> dishes.
>>
>> Unfortunately, you'll probably get a lot of naysayers on this group.
>> That's just how they are. :-)

><hiding behind Wayne> If you want semi-fast food, Red Lobster is not a
>bad choice.

I'm gathering the lunch bunch is raising their hands. Don't you think
it's over priced for dinner?

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sorry I'm back after recieving 3-4 e-mails this morning to check back in
one more time. Now I do know what others have said about this group is
right for the most part...thanks to the ones that were decent to me.

I'm who I say I am.. from central Illinois have have been on webtv for
some time.

Yes I read Blinky The Shark's post....no big deal there.

Have two other grandsons that love Olive Garden so that is their treat
when we go out. Then another two that like Joe's Crab Shack......those
must be a sin also....but it's a kid thing..they like it so be it.

Again thanks to the ones that have some manners and were decent enough
to answer my ques.....but wishing all of you a good day.

Sheryl

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 16 Jul 2008 07:14:21a, told us...

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 02:33:53 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>I love their coconut shrimp and several other dishes.

> Coconut shrimp is yummy, but it's not a Red Lobster exclusive. You
> can find it a lot of places.

That's quite true, but theirs is usually very good.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Wednesday, 07(VII)/16(XVI)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 16 Jul 2008 07:15:20a, told us...

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:02:59 -0500, Becca >
> wrote:
>
>>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>> I'll probably catch hell for saying this, but I really like Red
>>> Lobster. I haven't actually had this sampler platter, though, so I
>>> can't really comment on your question. I love their coconut shrimp
>>> and several other dishes.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, you'll probably get a lot of naysayers on this group.
>>> That's just how they are. :-)

>><hiding behind Wayne> If you want semi-fast food, Red Lobster is not a
>>bad choice.
>>

> I'm gathering the lunch bunch is raising their hands. Don't you think
> it's over priced for dinner?

I wouldn't say is *over* priced, but it's not the cheapest place in town.
They usually offer some good specials, too.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Wednesday, 07(VII)/16(XVI)/08(MMVIII)
Ambition is a poor excuse for not
having the good sense to be lazy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:52:39 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Wed 16 Jul 2008 07:15:20a, told us...
>
>> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:02:59 -0500, Becca >
>> wrote:

>>><hiding behind Wayne> If you want semi-fast food, Red Lobster is not a
>>>bad choice.
>>>

>> I'm gathering the lunch bunch is raising their hands. Don't you think
>> it's over priced for dinner?

>I wouldn't say is *over* priced, but it's not the cheapest place in town.
>They usually offer some good specials, too.

I should have said "expensive". I know there are more expensive
places, but this is a chain fer cripes sake. In that price range,
it's never a consideration for me.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 16 Jul 2008 08:59:37a, told us...

> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:52:39 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>On Wed 16 Jul 2008 07:15:20a, told us...

>>> I'm gathering the lunch bunch is raising their hands. Don't you think
>>> it's over priced for dinner?

>>I wouldn't say is *over* priced, but it's not the cheapest place in town.
>>They usually offer some good specials, too.

> I should have said "expensive". I know there are more expensive
> places, but this is a chain fer cripes sake. In that price range,
> it's never a consideration for me.

Maybe it's more expensive in SF. Generally, your prices are higher than
they are in Phoenix.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Wednesday, 07(VII)/16(XVI)/08(MMVIII)
If you save the world too often, it
begins to expect it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:00:45 -0700, sf wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:30:05 -0500, Lou Decruss >
>wrote:
>
>>I always save my shrimp shells. Next time I'll do a little
>>experimenting.

>Great minds!

I can only speak for myself.

>Here's a link to "lobster sauce" mentioned in the other
>post so you can see that, in fact, you can saute shrimp shells in
>butter. Never heard it called "scampi sauce" though.

I referred to shrimp scampi "butter"

>http://homecooking.about.com/od/seaf.../r/blsea82.htm

That's kinda similar to that I do with crab legs. I love them but
dislike the mess and tedious task of eating them. The only messy
thing I really don't mind eating is ribs. But with no sauce. Louise
and the kids don't mind the hassle so I make them for them and have a
leg or two and take a kitchen shear the rest and remove all the meat.
That way I only get my hands messy once. I use the crab shells along
with any shrimp shells I've saved in the freezer for the start of a
gumbo type thingie. I add the reserved crab and some shrimp and
scallops at the end. I've never made it the same way, and I don't
have a recipe. but it's always great.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

(Sheryl) wrote:
> Thanks for the info. Three of my grandchildren love to go to Red Lobster
> so that's where we go. (ages 8-9 & 11)
> So sorry if I offended anyone...just thought this would be the place to
> get a right anwser. I won't bother you folks again.
>

> I'm completely clueless about why you just threw a hissy fit. You might
> be surprised to learn that rec.food.cooking isn't a webtv group and
> usenet isn't a place for people with thin skins.
>

> Now you're going to have to explain "Usenet".
>

> I'll let you do that, if she hasn't flounced off yet. LOL
>

> She can't read my posts.

Nor can he/she.

Info Jason Todd General Cooking 2 23-07-2010 08:33 PM
More info.. I am Tosk General Cooking 0 13-02-2010 04:59 AM
Please send info to [email protected] Aaron[_4_] General Cooking 0 14-10-2009 12:37 PM
thank you for all the info k-dawg Winemaking 6 15-03-2006 10:36 PM
useful info Joe Sallustio Winemaking 0 25-05-2005 12:36 PM