Old 14-07-2008, 03:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Info Please

I lurk in here alot so figure this is the place to ask for help.

I ate at Red Lobster the other day...the group ordered a sampler
plate..it had clamari, peppers etc. but also fried broccoli. Almost
like it was blanced a bit then fried for a few seconds.....it was
crunchy...the seasoning was real good but could not place just what it
was.

I was wondering if anyone had had this.

Thanks so much and have a good day.

Sheryl

Old 14-07-2008, 06:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheryl" wrote in message
I lurk in here alot so figure this is the place to ask for help.

I ate at Red Lobster the other day...the group ordered a sampler
plate..it had clamari, peppers etc. but also fried broccoli. Almost
like it was blanced a bit then fried for a few seconds.....it was
crunchy...the seasoning was real good but could not place just what it
was.

I was wondering if anyone had had this.

Thanks so much and have a good day.

Sheryl

In all likelihood the food was pre-prepared and a commercial product
available at places like SYSCO.

If you want to duplicate the crunchy fried taste/texture use Panko - this is
available in most markets in the oriental foods section. Technically Panko
is classified as a breadcrumb but the manufacturing process is very
different for lack of a better term is a dried flaked batter.

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Old 14-07-2008, 10:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheryl wrote:

I lurk in here alot so figure this is the place to ask for help.

I ate at Red Lobster the other day...the group ordered a sampler
plate..it had clamari, peppers etc. but also fried broccoli. Almost
like it was blanced a bit then fried for a few seconds.....it was
crunchy...the seasoning was real good but could not place just what it
was.

I was wondering if anyone had had this.

I haven't been to a RL in quite a while, but when I used to stop at one
that was convenient for where I was then, I pretty much always got that.
Good stuff.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Old 14-07-2008, 11:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:35:39 -0500, (Sheryl) wrote:

I was wondering if anyone had had this.

Sheryl...you are a hoot!! Did you really think you would find
anyone in the "pretentious among us" that will admit they dine at Red
Lobster?

Old 15-07-2008, 02:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Info Please...DIMITRI

Thanks for the info. Three of my grandchildren love to go to Red Lobster
so that's where we go. (ages 8-9 & 11)

So sorry if I offended anyone...just thought this would be the place to
get a right anwser. I won't bother you folks again.

Have a good evening.

Sheryl

Old 15-07-2008, 03:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky Burger wrote:
Sheryl wrote:
I lurk in here alot so figure this is the place to ask for help.

I ate at Red Lobster the other day...the group ordered a sampler
plate..it had clamari, peppers etc. but also �fried broccoli. Almost
like it was blanced a bit then fried for a few seconds.....it was
crunchy...the seasoning was real good but could not place just what it
was.

I was wondering if anyone had had this.

I haven't been to a RL in quite a while.

You wouldn't dare lest you become a Sponge Bob Square Pants Blinky
Burger; shark steak, lettuce and tomato, secret sauce, on a toasted
sesame seed bun.

Best web site on the net:
http://www.nick.com/shows/spongebob_...ts/index.jhtml

Old 15-07-2008, 03:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 14 Jul 2008 07:35:39a, Sheryl told us...

I lurk in here alot so figure this is the place to ask for help.

I ate at Red Lobster the other day...the group ordered a sampler
plate..it had clamari, peppers etc. but also fried broccoli. Almost
like it was blanced a bit then fried for a few seconds.....it was
crunchy...the seasoning was real good but could not place just what it
was.

I was wondering if anyone had had this.

Thanks so much and have a good day.

Sheryl

I'll probably catch hell for saying this, but I really like Red Lobster. I
haven't actually had this sampler platter, though, so I can't really
comment on your question. I love their coconut shrimp and several other
dishes.

Unfortunately, you'll probably get a lot of naysayers on this group.
That's just how they are. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Monday, 07(VII)/14(XIV)/08(MMVIII)

Old 15-07-2008, 05:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheryl" wrote in message
Thanks for the info. Three of my grandchildren love to go to Red Lobster
so that's where we go. (ages 8-9 & 11)

So sorry if I offended anyone...just thought this would be the place to
get a right anwser. I won't bother you folks again.

Have a good evening.

Sheryl

Enjoy the Cheddar Bay Biscuits. :-)

Don't worry about the... The.... The... idiots here.

There are those here who believe life is like a sewer - what you get out
depends on what you put into it.

Take what you need and leave the rest.

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Old 15-07-2008, 06:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:58:00 -0700, "Dimitri"
wrote:

Enjoy the Cheddar Bay Biscuits. :-)

What thread was that? I totally missed your recipe.

Mae West
Old 15-07-2008, 07:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

I'll probably catch hell for saying this, but I really like Red Lobster. I
haven't actually had this sampler platter, though, so I can't really
comment on your question. I love their coconut shrimp and several other
dishes.

Unfortunately, you'll probably get a lot of naysayers on this group.
That's just how they are. :-)

hiding behind Wayne If you want semi-fast food, Red Lobster is not a
bad choice.

Becca

Info Jason Todd General Cooking 2 23-07-2010 08:33 PM
More info.. I am Tosk General Cooking 0 13-02-2010 03:59 AM
Please send info to [email protected] Aaron[_4_] General Cooking 0 14-10-2009 12:37 PM
thank you for all the info k-dawg Winemaking 6 15-03-2006 09:36 PM
useful info Joe Sallustio Winemaking 0 25-05-2005 12:36 PM