Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Info Please...DIMITRI

On Jul 14, 9:46*pm, (Sheryl) wrote:
> Thanks for the info. Three of my grandchildren love to go to Red Lobster
> so that's where we go. (ages 8-9 & 11)
>
> So sorry if I offended anyone...just thought this would be the place to
> get a right anwser. I won't bother you folks again.
>
> Have a good evening.
>
> Sheryl

Billy ( whoever he or she is) is just being an ashole. Igone him.

John Kane Kingston ON Canada
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Info Please

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:02:50 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Maybe it's more expensive in SF. Generally, your prices are higher than
>they are in Phoenix.

I just remember looking at the (dinner) menu and thinking "If I wanted
to pay over $20 for an entree, there are other places I'd rather eat"
and that was a bazillion years ago. I haven't window shopped their
menu in literally years.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:30:21 -0500, Lou Decruss >
wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:00:45 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:30:05 -0500, Lou Decruss >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I always save my shrimp shells. Next time I'll do a little
>>>experimenting.

>>Here's a link to "lobster sauce" mentioned in the other
>>post so you can see that, in fact, you can saute shrimp shells in
>>butter. Never heard it called "scampi sauce" though.

>I referred to shrimp scampi "butter"

If you stop that recipe at the right place, all you've got is flavored
butter.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:13:37 -0700, sf wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:28:03 -0700, "Dimitri" >
>wrote:
>
>>Sorry When you eat at the Red Lobster they serve a cheddar cheese & Garlic
>>buiscuit that call Cheddar Bay.
>>
>>Here is a copycat recipe:
>>

><snipped and saved for later>
>
>Thanks, Dimitri... can't say I've ever eaten there. Can't even say
>I've heard of cheddar biscuits. Are they common outside the chain (is
>it a southern thing)?

cheddar biscuits are fairly common, may be a southern thing. think
cheese and jalapeņo cornbread.

a bakery near me does a cheddar and bacon biscuit, but i've never been
there early enough to get one.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 16 Jul 2008 10:54:30a, told us...

> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:02:50 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>Maybe it's more expensive in SF. Generally, your prices are higher than
>>they are in Phoenix.

> I just remember looking at the (dinner) menu and thinking "If I wanted
> to pay over $20 for an entree, there are other places I'd rather eat"
> and that was a bazillion years ago. I haven't window shopped their
> menu in literally years.

Most dinner entrees in the Phoenix area are presently somewhat u der $20.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Wednesday, 07(VII)/16(XVI)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:58:56 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Most dinner entrees in the Phoenix area are presently somewhat u der $20.

ah, well the mystery is solved!

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.247...
> On Wed 16 Jul 2008 10:54:30a, told us...
>
>> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:02:50 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Maybe it's more expensive in SF. Generally, your prices are higher than
>>>they are in Phoenix.

>> I just remember looking at the (dinner) menu and thinking "If I wanted
>> to pay over $20 for an entree, there are other places I'd rather eat"
>> and that was a bazillion years ago. I haven't window shopped their
>> menu in literally years.
>>

> Most dinner entrees in the Phoenix area are presently somewhat u der $20.

Maybe Phoenix but not Scottsdale.

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 16 Jul 2008 12:29:04p, Dimitri told us...

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> 5.247...
>> On Wed 16 Jul 2008 10:54:30a, told us...
>>
>>> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:02:50 GMT, Wayne Boatwright

than

>>> I just remember looking at the (dinner) menu and thinking "If I wanted
>>> to pay over $20 for an entree, there are other places I'd rather eat"
>>> and that was a bazillion years ago. I haven't window shopped their
>>> menu in literally years.
>>>

>> Most dinner entrees in the Phoenix area are presently somewhat u der

$20.

> Maybe Phoenix but not Scottsdale.

Maybe so. I live in East Mesa.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Wednesday, 07(VII)/16(XVI)/08(MMVIII)
If they give you lined paper, write
the other way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:03:28 -0700, sf wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:30:21 -0500, Lou Decruss >
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:00:45 -0700, sf wrote:

>>>Here's a link to "lobster sauce" mentioned in the other
>>>post so you can see that, in fact, you can saute shrimp shells in
>>>butter. Never heard it called "scampi sauce" though.

>>I referred to shrimp scampi "butter"

>If you stop that recipe at the right place, all you've got is flavored
>butter.

What we were discussing was "shrimp scampi butter." From what I'm
assuming, and from what Dimitri has said that would be shrimp and
garlic simmered in butter. Here's the directions from the link you
posted. Color me stupid, but I can't find anything like that here,
much less when to stop the recipe.
What you posted:

Heat the oil and melt the butter in a medium heavy stockpot over
medium-high heat. Add the onions, celery, and carrots and cook until
soft, about 4 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until
softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the flour and continue to stir
until the mixture is a light blond color, about 2 minutes. Add the
brandy and stir for 30 seconds, scraping the bottom of the pot with a
wooden spoon to release browned bits.

Add the lobster shells, then stir in the shrimp stock. Bring to a boil
over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the tomato paste,
salt, paprika, and cayenne. Simmer uncovered, stirring often, until
the sauce is lightly thickened, about 1 hour.

Strain the sauce through a fine-mesh strainer into a medium saucepan.
Add the cream and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the
heat to medium and simmer briskly until reduced to about 3 cups, about
15 minutes. Use warm. (The sauce can be stored in an airtight
container in the refrigerator for up to two days.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:17:30 -0400, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:13:37 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:28:03 -0700, "Dimitri" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Sorry When you eat at the Red Lobster they serve a cheddar cheese & Garlic
>>>buiscuit that call Cheddar Bay.
>>>
>>>Here is a copycat recipe:
>>>

>><snipped and saved for later>
>>
>>Thanks, Dimitri... can't say I've ever eaten there. Can't even say
>>I've heard of cheddar biscuits. Are they common outside the chain (is
>>it a southern thing)?

>cheddar biscuits are fairly common, may be a southern thing. think
>cheese and jalapeņo cornbread.
>
>a bakery near me does a cheddar and bacon biscuit, but i've never been
>there early enough to get one.

From what I've read it's very common in the Carolina's and the
Virginia's. They make them plain and simple with self rising flour,
buttermilk, butter and cheese. We don't have anything that here, but
I've had them. Good simple food.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:38:53 -0500, (Sheryl) fired up
random neurons and synapses to opine:

>Sorry I'm back after recieving 3-4 e-mails this morning to check back in
>one more time. Now I do know what others have said about this group is
>right for the most part...thanks to the ones that were decent to me.
>
>I'm who I say I am.. from central Illinois have have been on webtv for
>some time.
>
>Yes I read Blinky The Shark's post....no big deal there.
>
>Have two other grandsons that love Olive Garden so that is their treat
>when we go out. Then another two that like Joe's Crab Shack......those
>must be a sin also....but it's a kid thing..they like it so be it.
>
>Again thanks to the ones that have some manners and were decent enough
>to answer my ques.....but wishing all of you a good day.

I have no idea what the OP means by "thanks to the ones that were
decent to me" or "Blinky The Shark's post...no big deal there" or
"those must be a sin also" or "thanks to the ones that have some
manners and were decent enough to answer my ques..." I read through
the thread and couldn't see where anyone had been rude to the OP. I do
have a few denizens of the ng in my bozo bin, but didn't see anything
rude in quoted text of another responder. What did I miss here?

And what does "Now I do know what others have said about this group is
right for the most part" mean, eggsackly? Who didn't have on his or
her company manners? :-^)

OB: Hitting the road this weekend for the first two week vacation in 5
years. Laptop coming with me, so I'll check in as wifi allows.
Meanwhile, I've made another batch of limoncello that should be
perfect by the time I get home. I put the last batch into small
containers and put them in the freezer, some of which will be heading
out with us on Friday. Thank you, Christine, for introducing me to the
joys of limoncello!!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:03:28 -0500, Lou Decruss >
wrote:

>What we were discussing was "shrimp scampi butter." From what I'm
>assuming, and from what Dimitri has said that would be shrimp and
>garlic simmered in butter. Here's the directions from the link you
>posted. Color me stupid, but I can't find anything like that here,
>much less when to stop the recipe.

Lou, I'm tired of beating this horse.... there's no such thing as
"shrimp butter". Did you want to know how to saute shrimp? If so,
why didn't you ask? What Dimitri posted was a no brainer when it
comes to shrimp. If you want to get a little fancier, take the shrimp
out of the pan after they've cooked, add some dry white wine and fresh
lemon juice. Boil down to thicken, add some chopped parsley just
before combining the shrimp with the sauce.

HTH, over and out.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:

>Lou, I'm tired of beating this horse.... there's no such thing as
>"shrimp butter".

Maybe it is UK usage, like "tuna mayonnaise".

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 22:20:15 -0700, sf wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:03:28 -0500, Lou Decruss >
>wrote:
>
>>What we were discussing was "shrimp scampi butter." From what I'm
>>assuming, and from what Dimitri has said that would be shrimp and
>>garlic simmered in butter. Here's the directions from the link you
>>posted. Color me stupid, but I can't find anything like that here,
>>much less when to stop the recipe.

>Lou, I'm tired of beating this horse.... there's no such thing as
>"shrimp butter". Did you want to know how to saute shrimp? If so,
>why didn't you ask? What Dimitri posted was a no brainer when it
>comes to shrimp. If you want to get a little fancier, take the shrimp
>out of the pan after they've cooked, add some dry white wine and fresh
>lemon juice. Boil down to thicken, add some chopped parsley just
>before combining the shrimp with the sauce.
>
>HTH, over and out.

Actually I'm just messin with ya. I figured out what I'm going to do
several posts ago.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.247...

<snip>

>>> Most dinner entrees in the Phoenix area are presently somewhat u der

> $20.
>>
>> Maybe Phoenix but not Scottsdale.
>>

> Maybe so. I live in East Mesa.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

Great town to drive & understand the system Ave. Vs Street.

Also a great town for Southwestern Mexican

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 17 Jul 2008 10:37:12a, Dimitri told us...

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> 5.247...
>
> <snip>

>>> Maybe Phoenix but not Scottsdale.
>>>

>> Maybe so. I live in East Mesa.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright

> Great town to drive & understand the system Ave. Vs Street.
>
> Also a great town for Southwestern Mexican

Indeed, it is.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Thursday, 07(VII)/17(XVII)/08(MMVIII)

Info Jason Todd General Cooking 2 23-07-2010 08:33 PM
More info.. I am Tosk General Cooking 0 13-02-2010 03:59 AM
Please send info to [email protected] Aaron[_4_] General Cooking 0 14-10-2009 12:37 PM
thank you for all the info k-dawg Winemaking 6 15-03-2006 09:36 PM
useful info Joe Sallustio Winemaking 0 25-05-2005 12:36 PM