Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Home made ice cream at last!

I finally got tired of wondering if that iffy Ultrex ice cream maker would
work, so I tried it. I alternately froze and let stand in the hot sun, the
freezer bowl. No leakage when frozen, but slight leakage at seam when hot.
So, I just made sure it was all washed off and cooled down and thoroughly
dried before I froze it for the final attempt. Since the ice cream mixture
part of the freezer bowl is a single piece of seamless aluminum, I
just had to make sure none of the mixture ever came in contact with the
outside of the freezer bowl where the seam is.

I mixed up a very basic un-cooked vanilla mixtu

2/3 C sugar
2 eggs
2 C cream
1-3/4 C milk
2 t vanilla

cream sugar and eggs, then add remaining ingredients.

I put it all in the bowl, turned on the motor to fast and let run for 10
mins. I then changed to slow and let run another 20 mins. The mixture
didn't overflow and I put the soft-serve consistency in a couple plastic
storage bowls and put in the freezer. I'll be having walnut brownies (mix)
and vanilla ice cream tonight! Whoo-hoo!!

I already have another pint of cream and discovered a bag of frozen
strawberries in the freezer. Look out! I'm gonna get fat.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 11 Jul 2008 05:31:25p, notbob told us...

> I finally got tired of wondering if that iffy Ultrex ice cream maker

would
> work, so I tried it. I alternately froze and let stand in the hot sun,

the
> freezer bowl. No leakage when frozen, but slight leakage at seam when

hot.
> So, I just made sure it was all washed off and cooled down and thoroughly
> dried before I froze it for the final attempt. Since the ice cream

mixture
> part of the freezer bowl is a single piece of seamless aluminum, I
> just had to make sure none of the mixture ever came in contact with the
> outside of the freezer bowl where the seam is.
>
> I mixed up a very basic un-cooked vanilla mixtu
>
> 2/3 C sugar
> 2 eggs
> 2 C cream
> 1-3/4 C milk
> 2 t vanilla
>
> cream sugar and eggs, then add remaining ingredients.
>
> I put it all in the bowl, turned on the motor to fast and let run for 10
> mins. I then changed to slow and let run another 20 mins. The mixture
> didn't overflow and I put the soft-serve consistency in a couple plastic
> storage bowls and put in the freezer. I'll be having walnut brownies

(mix)
> and vanilla ice cream tonight! Whoo-hoo!!
>
> I already have another pint of cream and discovered a bag of frozen
> strawberries in the freezer. Look out! I'm gonna get fat.
>
> nb

Enjoy!

--
Wayne Boatwright