Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Krispy Kreme surprise

On Sat 12 Jul 2008 10:18:40a, Mike told us...

> "Gloria P" > wrote in message
>>

>> One of the first Krispy Kreme (doughnut) shops opened a few miles away
>> from our house about two years ago. Imagine my surprise to see, driving
>> by about a year later that it was boarded over and had a "For sale or
>> lease" sign on the building. And I never even got the chance to sample
>> their wares! When it opened the lines of cars for the drive-up went
>> around the block and the parking lot was jammed for a while.
>>
>> Evidently the mystique didn't last long or it was the wrong
>> location/demographic (in an area with loads of apartments and condos.)
>>
>> Walmarts and Targets are still springing up all around, often just two
>> or three miles from an existing store which closes when the new one
>> opens, leaving an empty storefront. Ugh.
>>
>> gloria p

> We had a Krispy Kreme doughnut shop near us that was built like the

Hearst
> Castle and is now closed.
> The only one that I know still open is directly across form a police
> station.

That figures. They probably spend more time at KK than at the station.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 07(VII)/12(XII)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 22:40:52 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"The UnInmate" > wrote >
>> I reached adulthood before "malling" became a word, but it was still fun
>> to wander around the big indoor malls. Now they are passe' and it's really
>> a shame. The smalltown walk-down-the-main-street-full-of-small-stores
>> thing is a tourist experience these days.

>We disagree there. Malls just suck all the life out of me.

i try to minimize my time in malls as well. but downtown shopping
areas are disappearing everywhere, it seems. d.c. for sure.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 20:18:24 -0700 (PDT), Karen >
wrote:

>On Jul 11, 7:46*pm, "Felice" > wrote:
>> Well said. And the next time you're in an unfamiliar mall, stop in mid-shop
>> and figure out how you'd get out in an emergency. I always feel trapped in a
>> mall.

>My favorite stores are Internet stores. My UPS guy and I are on a
>first-name basis. Well, I do like to go to Macy's once in a while,
>too...
>
>Karen

amazon gets entirely too much of my small income. i like the reviews
there, though.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Gloria P wrote:
>

>> One of the first Krispy Kreme (doughnut) shops opened a few miles away
>> from our house about two years ago. Imagine my surprise to see, driving
>> by about a year later that it was boarded over and had a "For sale or
>> lease" sign on the building. And I never even got the chance to sample
>> their wares!

> How many more years would you have needed to buy a donut from them?

Dunno. I never felt the need.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:05:57 -0500, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

>Gloria P wrote:
>>

>> One of the first Krispy Kreme (doughnut) shops opened a few miles away
>> from our house about two years ago. Imagine my surprise to see, driving
>> by about a year later that it was boarded over and had a "For sale or
>> lease" sign on the building. And I never even got the chance to sample
>> their wares! When it opened the lines of cars for the drive-up went
>> around the block and the parking lot was jammed for a while.
>>
>> Evidently the mystique didn't last long or it was the wrong
>> location/demographic (in an area with loads of apartments and condos.)
>>
>> Walmarts and Targets are still springing up all around, often just two
>> or three miles from an existing store which closes when the new one
>> opens, leaving an empty storefront. Ugh.
>>
>> gloria p

>Most people didn't understand the "real" Krispy Kreme mystique. The
>donuts are , IMO, only good when they are hot off the conveyor belt.
>Once they cool off and are shelved, they are just another donut, and
>nothing to write home about.
>
>If you have never had a hot, glazed Krispy Kreme, you haven't
>participated in the mystique.

As someone who grew up 40 miles from Winston Salem in the late 40's
and early 50's I know exactly what you mean. During my late teen years
we lived in Chapel Hill and went to visit my grandparents in Raleigh
frequently. We had to drive by the Krispy Kreme store on the way so
we always picked up a box. After I was married and living in Texas,
we were going from NC to TX after a holiday. As we were going through
Biloxi (before interstate) I yelled at my husband to stop. Why?
Krispy Kreme donuts!!!

It is great to get a box that is so hot that you can hardly hold it.
Now that I am back near Winston, I just occasionally go into the store
and get a couple with a cup of coffee.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria P wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Gloria P wrote:
>>

>>> One of the first Krispy Kreme (doughnut) shops opened a few miles away
>>> from our house about two years ago. Imagine my surprise to see, driving
>>> by about a year later that it was boarded over and had a "For sale or
>>> lease" sign on the building. And I never even got the chance to sample
>>> their wares!

>> How many more years would you have needed to buy a donut from them?

> Dunno. I never felt the need.

So it wasn't really about "never even got the chance", at all, was it?

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news
> Gloria P wrote:
>
>> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>>> How many more years would you have needed to buy a donut from them?

>> Dunno. I never felt the need.

> So it wasn't really about "never even got the chance", at all, was it?
>

> --

God really does not dwell in the minutiae.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat escribe:

> "Gloria P" > wrote>>
> >> Where are you? Just curious.

> > Denver, southeast suburbs.
> >

> Wow! That is a long way for a lowly KK to travel!

And you are very well acquainted with "lowly", since that describes your
general behaviour on this group...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "The UnInmate" > wrote >
>> I reached adulthood before "malling" became a word, but it was still fun
>> to wander around the big indoor malls. Now they are passe' and it's really
>> a shame. The smalltown walk-down-the-main-street-full-of-small-stores
>> thing is a tourist experience these days.

> We disagree there. Malls just suck all the life out of me.

It looks like I was born without the shopping gene, maybe you too?

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> Went to the Kona Costco gas today. $4.389 for regular.
>>>

>> A penny cheaper than here in CT
>>

> I paid $3.96 in Mesa yesterday.

$4.15 in Salt Lake today.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> "The UnInmate" > wrote >
>>> I reached adulthood before "malling" became a word, but it was still fun
>>> to wander around the big indoor malls. Now they are passe' and it's
>>> really a shame. The smalltown
>>> walk-down-the-main-street-full-of-small-stores thing is a tourist
>>> experience these days.

>> We disagree there. Malls just suck all the life out of me.

> It looks like I was born without the shopping gene, maybe you too?

Yes indeed. But I love getting good values, and so I have to spend time
doing it.
My reconnoissance mission revealed that the sales were outstandingly good,
so
I had to go back. We're talking Jones New York items marked from $65 to
$12. Cheaper on lesser known brands. Entire summer outfits for friends and
sisters and
their kids for less than a good bottle of wine. So I had a good breakfast
loaded up on b vitamins, finished my coffee and sucked it up. It is
incredible the
great stuff I got. I HAD to spend money, there was no way around it. Prices
like
that make it a moral imperative. (After years of being squeezed by retail
having
sales that were not really sales, it felt GREAT to get quality stuff at dirt
cheap
prices.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> "The UnInmate" > wrote >
>>> I reached adulthood before "malling" became a word, but it was still fun
>>> to wander around the big indoor malls. Now they are passe' and it's
>>> really a shame. The smalltown
>>> walk-down-the-main-street-full-of-small-stores thing is a tourist
>>> experience these days.

>> We disagree there. Malls just suck all the life out of me.

> It looks like I was born without the shopping gene, maybe you too?

Yes indeed. But I love getting good values, and so I have to spend time
doing it.
My reconnoissance mission revealed that the sales were outstandingly good,
so
I had to go back. We're talking Jones New York items marked from $65 to
$12. Cheaper on lesser known brands. Entire summer outfits for friends and
sisters and
their kids for less than a good bottle of wine. So I had a good breakfast
loaded up on b vitamins, finished my coffee and sucked it up. It is
incredible the
great stuff I got. I HAD to spend money, there was no way around it. Prices
like
that make it a moral imperative. (After years of being squeezed by retail
having
sales that were not really sales, it felt GREAT to get quality stuff at dirt
cheap
prices.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> "The UnInmate" > wrote >
>>> I reached adulthood before "malling" became a word, but it was still fun
>>> to wander around the big indoor malls. Now they are passe' and it's
>>> really a shame. The smalltown
>>> walk-down-the-main-street-full-of-small-stores thing is a tourist
>>> experience these days.

>> We disagree there. Malls just suck all the life out of me.

> It looks like I was born without the shopping gene, maybe you too?

Yes indeed. But I love getting good values, and so I have to spend time
doing it. My reconnoissance mission revealed that the sales were
outstandingly good, and much better than Internet prices, so I had to go
back. We're talking Jones New York items marked from $65 to $12. Cheaper on
lesser known brands. Entire summer outfits for friends and sisters and
their kids for less than a good bottle of wine. So I had a good breakfast
loaded up on b vitamins, finished my coffee and sucked it up. It is
incredible the great stuff I got. I HAD to spend money, there was no way
around it. Prices like that make it a moral imperative. (After years of
being squeezed by retail having sales that were not really sales, it felt
GREAT to get quality, beautiful, functional stuff at dirt cheap prices.) But
I suffered. I still have hanger bruises on my hands.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> "The UnInmate" > wrote >
>>> I reached adulthood before "malling" became a word, but it was still fun
>>> to wander around the big indoor malls. Now they are passe' and it's
>>> really a shame. The smalltown
>>> walk-down-the-main-street-full-of-small-stores thing is a tourist
>>> experience these days.

>> We disagree there. Malls just suck all the life out of me.

> It looks like I was born without the shopping gene, maybe you too?

Yes indeed. But I love getting good values, and so I have to spend time
doing it. My reconnoissance mission revealed that the sales were
outstandingly good, and much better than Internet prices, so I had to go
back. We're talking Jones New York items marked from $65 to $12. Cheaper on
lesser known brands. Entire summer outfits for friends and sisters and
their kids for less than a good bottle of wine. So I had a good breakfast
loaded up on b vitamins, finished my coffee and sucked it up. It is
incredible the great stuff I got. I HAD to spend money, there was no way
around it. Prices like that make it a moral imperative. (After years of
being squeezed by retail having sales that were not really sales, it felt
GREAT to get quality, beautiful, functional stuff at dirt cheap prices.) But
I suffered. I still have hanger bruises on my hands.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Becca" > wrote in message
>> cybercat wrote:
>>> "The UnInmate" > wrote >
>>>
>>> We disagree there. Malls just suck all the life out of me.

>> It looks like I was born without the shopping gene, maybe you too?
>>

> Yes indeed. But I love getting good values, and so I have to spend time
> doing it. My reconnoissance mission revealed that the sales were
> outstandingly good, and much better than Internet prices, so I had to go
> back. We're talking Jones New York items marked from $65 to $12. Cheaper
> on lesser known brands. Entire summer outfits for friends and sisters and
> their kids for less than a good bottle of wine. So I had a good breakfast
> loaded up on b vitamins, finished my coffee and sucked it up. It is
> incredible the great stuff I got. I HAD to spend money, there was no way
> around it. Prices like that make it a moral imperative. (After years of
> being squeezed by retail having sales that were not really sales, it felt
> GREAT to get quality, beautiful, functional stuff at dirt cheap prices.)
> But I suffered. I still have hanger bruises on my hands.

Damn hiccups.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pete C." > wrote:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> I paid $3.96 in Mesa yesterday.

> Around that here in N. TX.

$3.81 :-P

http://austingasprices.com/

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> Gloria P wrote:
>>>
>>> One of the first Krispy Kreme (doughnut) shops opened a few miles away
>>> from our house about two years ago. Imagine my surprise to see, driving
>>> by about a year later that it was boarded over and had a "For sale or
>>> lease" sign on the building. And I never even got the chance to sample
>>> their wares! When it opened the lines of cars for the drive-up went
>>> around the block and the parking lot was jammed for a while.
>>>
>>> Evidently the mystique didn't last long or it was the wrong
>>> location/demographic (in an area with loads of apartments and condos.)
>>>
>>> Walmarts and Targets are still springing up all around, often just two or
>>> three miles from an existing store which closes when the new one opens,
>>> leaving an empty storefront. Ugh.
>>>
>>> gloria p

>> Most people didn't understand the "real" Krispy Kreme mystique. The donuts
>> are , IMO, only good when they are hot off the conveyor belt. Once they
>> cool off and are shelved, they are just another donut, and nothing to
>> write home about.
>>
>> If you have never had a hot, glazed Krispy Kreme, you haven't participated
>> in the mystique.
>>

> This is true. Do the new stores have the conveor belt thing you can watch
> through the window?

If they don't then the donuts aren't made in the shop. They usually have
a little neon sign that says "hot" that they light up in the window when
they are making donuts.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Becca" > wrote in message
>> cybercat wrote:
>>> "The UnInmate" > wrote >
>>> We disagree there. Malls just suck all the life out of me.

>> It looks like I was born without the shopping gene, maybe you too?
>>

> Yes indeed. But I love getting good values, and so I have to spend time
> doing it.
> My reconnoissance mission revealed that the sales were outstandingly good,
> so
> I had to go back. We're talking Jones New York items marked from $65 to
> $12. Cheaper on lesser known brands. Entire summer outfits for friends and
> sisters and
> their kids for less than a good bottle of wine. So I had a good breakfast
> loaded up on b vitamins, finished my coffee and sucked it up. It is
> incredible the
> great stuff I got. I HAD to spend money, there was no way around it. Prices
> like
> that make it a moral imperative. (After years of being squeezed by retail
> having
> sales that were not really sales, it felt GREAT to get quality stuff at dirt
> cheap
> prices.

My DH is going to have my tombstone inscribed: "she never paid retail"
and he knows a fellow who will give him a discount on the tombstone.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:05:57 -0500, Janet Wilder
> > wrote:
>
>> If you have never had a hot, glazed Krispy Kreme, you haven't
>> participated in the mystique.

> Just turned 7 yo GS will go to In N Out burgers with his Pop and choke
> down a plain burger, no bun, and a few fries, just because there's a
> Krispy Kreme on the other side of the parking lot that he can talk Pop
> into going after lunch for "dessert".

I have never had one, but the idea of it makes me feel slightly queezy.

--
Life sometimes gives you a second chance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:
> sf wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:05:57 -0500, Janet Wilder
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> If you have never had a hot, glazed Krispy Kreme, you haven't
>>> participated in the mystique.

>> Just turned 7 yo GS will go to In N Out burgers with his Pop and
>> choke down a plain burger, no bun, and a few fries, just because
>> there's a Krispy Kreme on the other side of the parking lot that he
>> can talk Pop into going after lunch for "dessert".

> I have never had one, but the idea of it makes me feel slightly
> queezy.

I've never had one, either, Ophelia, and I'm not planning to. I have heard
many are closing down, though. I think they cropped up too quickly. Kind
of like Starbucks.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 07:42:08 -0400, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>Ophelia wrote:
>> sf wrote:
>>> On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:05:57 -0500, Janet Wilder

>>> Just turned 7 yo GS will go to In N Out burgers with his Pop and
>>> choke down a plain burger, no bun, and a few fries, just because
>>> there's a Krispy Kreme on the other side of the parking lot that he
>>> can talk Pop into going after lunch for "dessert".

>> I have never had one, but the idea of it makes me feel slightly
>> queezy.

>I've never had one, either, Ophelia, and I'm not planning to. I have heard
>many are closing down, though. I think they cropped up too quickly. Kind
>of like Starbucks.
>
>kili

I don't think that before the 1940's is too quickly. The low carb fad
and the CEO's jet plane had much more to do with it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:37:14 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>sf wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:05:57 -0500, Janet Wilder
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> If you have never had a hot, glazed Krispy Kreme, you haven't
>>> participated in the mystique.

>> Just turned 7 yo GS will go to In N Out burgers with his Pop and choke
>> down a plain burger, no bun, and a few fries, just because there's a
>> Krispy Kreme on the other side of the parking lot that he can talk Pop
>> into going after lunch for "dessert".

>I have never had one, but the idea of it makes me feel slightly queezy.

I'm not big on donuts period, so I'm not a good one to comment. But
you can believe us when we say, they're pretty nasty cold. Hot donuts
are a different story. That's why the light goes on when there's a
hot batch and people line up.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 07:42:08 -0400, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>I've never had one, either, Ophelia, and I'm not planning to. I have heard
>many are closing down, though. I think they cropped up too quickly. Kind
>of like Starbucks.

To tell you the truth, it seemed faster than Starbucks... at least to
me.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:18:03 -0500, The Cook >
wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 07:42:08 -0400, "kilikini"
> wrote:
>

>>I've never had one, either, Ophelia, and I'm not planning to. I have heard
>>many are closing down, though. I think they cropped up too quickly. Kind
>>of like Starbucks.
>>
>>kili

>I don't think that before the 1940's is too quickly. The low carb fad
>and the CEO's jet plane had much more to do with it.

I think she meant expanding the chain.

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Cook wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 13:35:57 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 07:42:08 -0400, "kilikini"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I've never had one, either, Ophelia, and I'm not planning to. I
>>> have heard many are closing down, though. I think they cropped up
>>> too quickly. Kind of like Starbucks.

>> To tell you the truth, it seemed faster than Starbucks... at least to
>> me.

> Since they had not gotten to CA until the 1990's doesn't mean that
> they only had one store from 1937 until they hit your radar. They had
> stores and plants in the southeast before they started expanding
> nation wide.

Maybe because you had the stores around you didn't notice that
in the 90s they suddenly expanded like crazy. Those are the
stores that are disappearing so quickly. That's the quick 'cropping
up' that kili was talking about.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 17:25:03 -0500, The Cook >
wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 13:35:57 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 07:42:08 -0400, "kilikini"
> wrote:
>>
>>>I've never had one, either, Ophelia, and I'm not planning to. I have heard
>>>many are closing down, though. I think they cropped up too quickly. Kind
>>>of like Starbucks.

>>To tell you the truth, it seemed faster than Starbucks... at least to
>>me.

>Since they had not gotten to CA until the 1990's doesn't mean that
>they only had one store from 1937 until they hit your radar. They had
>stores and plants in the southeast before they started expanding
>nation wide.

But it took them all that time to go nation wide. Starbucks didn't
let any moss grow under their feet.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 13:35:57 -0700, sf wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 07:42:08 -0400, "kilikini"
> wrote:
>
>>I've never had one, either, Ophelia, and I'm not planning to. I have heard
>>many are closing down, though. I think they cropped up too quickly. Kind
>>of like Starbucks.

>To tell you the truth, it seemed faster than Starbucks... at least to
>me.

Since they had not gotten to CA until the 1990's doesn't mean that
they only had one store from 1937 until they hit your radar. They had
stores and plants in the southeast before they started expanding
nation wide.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 11:33:37 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>This is true. Do the new stores have the conveor belt thing you can watch
>through the window?

Yes.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 13 Jul 2008 04:44:53p, told us...

> On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 11:33:37 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>

>>This is true. Do the new stores have the conveor belt thing you can watch
>>through the window?

> Yes.

All their stores do if they're made on premise, and the vast majority are.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Sunday, 07(VII)/13(XIII)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 14 Jul 2008 05:16:00a, The Cook told us...

> On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 02:02:36 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>On Sun 13 Jul 2008 04:44:53p, told us...

>>> Yes.
>>>

>>All their stores do if they're made on premise, and the vast majority
>>are.

> Thought you might be interested in this tidbit.
>
> Krispy Kreme reentered the Arizona market when a new franchisee
> reopened its East Mesa, Arizona location on May 13, 2008. This
> location was purchased by Krispy Kreme after Rigel closed it in 2006.
> The new franchise owner, Dan Brinton, plans to eventually open 4 to 5
> factory stores in the Phoenix market. These stores are planned to
> support 10 to 15 smaller non-factory stores that will only sell
> doughnuts and other products.[5]

Thanks, Susan. That location is 5.2 miles from my house. I didn't know it
had re-opened.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Monday, 07(VII)/14(XIV)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 02:02:36 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Sun 13 Jul 2008 04:44:53p, told us...
>
>> On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 11:33:37 -0400, "cybercat" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>This is true. Do the new stores have the conveor belt thing you can watch
>>>through the window?

>> Yes.
>>

>All their stores do if they're made on premise, and the vast majority are.

Thought you might be interested in this tidbit.

Krispy Kreme reentered the Arizona market when a new franchisee
reopened its East Mesa, Arizona location on May 13, 2008. This
location was purchased by Krispy Kreme after Rigel closed it in 2006.
The new franchise owner, Dan Brinton, plans to eventually open 4 to 5
factory stores in the Phoenix market. These stores are planned to
support 10 to 15 smaller non-factory stores that will only sell
doughnuts and other products.[5]
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Becca" > wrote in message
>> cybercat wrote:
>>> "The UnInmate" > wrote >
>>> We disagree there. Malls just suck all the life out of me.

>> It looks like I was born without the shopping gene, maybe you too?
>>

> Yes indeed. But I love getting good values, and so I have to spend time
> doing it. My reconnoissance mission revealed that the sales were
> outstandingly good, and much better than Internet prices, so I had to go
> back. We're talking Jones New York items marked from $65 to $12. Cheaper on
> lesser known brands. Entire summer outfits for friends and sisters and
> their kids for less than a good bottle of wine. So I had a good breakfast
> loaded up on b vitamins, finished my coffee and sucked it up. It is
> incredible the great stuff I got. I HAD to spend money, there was no way
> around it. Prices like that make it a moral imperative. (After years of
> being squeezed by retail having sales that were not really sales, it felt
> GREAT to get quality, beautiful, functional stuff at dirt cheap prices.) But
> I suffered. I still have hanger bruises on my hands.

Well, I hope those hanger bruises heal quickly.<g> Thanks for the
inspiration, I will try to shop more often.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote

>> I suffered. I still have hanger bruises on my hands.

> Well, I hope those hanger bruises heal quickly.<g>

Heh! I am such a paper pusher now. Used to be, I had bartending callouses.

>Thanks for the inspiration, I will try to shop more often.

One thing: it's a whole lot more fun under two circumstances:

1. You actually have money to shop with.
2. There are real, killer values out there.

It also helps if people you love need or want stuff. I have country bumpkin
nephews who got serious points for having the "sickest" jeans and shoes in
the county! I am hoping that they will take care of me in my dotage. I am
thinking my dotage will begin next Wednesday. :')

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Rex Rex is offline

> Went to the Kona Costco gas today. $4.389 for regular.
>
> aloha,
> beans
> roast beans to kona to email farmers of Pure Kona

When did Kona finally get a Costco?

Rex

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> I'm not big on donuts period, so I'm not a good one to comment. But
> you can believe us when we say, they're pretty nasty cold. Hot donuts
> are a different story. That's why the light goes on when there's a
> hot batch and people line up.

When I croak, my headstone will say, "If this is Heaven, where's the
donuts!"

Although I only eat donuts every couple of years, I tried a Krispy Kreme
donut in Las Vegas in June. It was cold and it tasted like sugar. I
took one bite and my husband ate the rest. I have only been to Krispy
Kreme twice and the donuts were nice and hot, I loved them. The donut
in Las Vegas was cold and I did not care for it.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:

> When I croak, my headstone will say, "If this is Heaven, where's the
> donuts!"

Oh, I doooooo hope they write it as "If this is Heaven, where are the
donuts??"
Do you prefer glazed? Cake? Filled? I like the cake because they're less
sweet and go so well with a cup of hot tea, but I suspect they're just
as bad for you as any other sugar laden donut? I also like lemon filled
donuts. But I probably only eat one or two a year max.