Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Frozen yogurt

I was tired of the hum drum of dessertless suppers at work So I was going
to make my Raspberry lime frozen yogurt as a take along dessert. I don't
have any milk in the house...so it is going to be Raspberry Lime with
coconut milk frozen yogurt...Here's hoping it is a keeper

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Alan's Raspberry Lime Frozen Yogurt

alan's, ice cream, tested, yogurt

3 cups raspberries (12 oz weight or
2 smalll pkgs) makes about 1 cup; puree (7/8 cup+)
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup milk (i used evapored milk)
1/4 cup corn syrup
3 cup vanilla flavored yogurt
zest of 1 lime

In food processor purée the raspberries for about 1 minute or until
smooth. Strain and discard seeds. Set aside. Combine the sugar and
cornstarch in a small saucepan. Add the milk and bring to a boil. Cook 1
minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in raspberry
purée and corn syrup and zest. Let the mixture cool completely.

Combinethe raspberry mixture and yogurt in a bowl; stir well. Cover and
chill 8 hours. Pour raspberry mixture into a ice cream machine. Freeze
according to manufacturer's instructions.

First attempt was eapourated milk...should try half and half; second was
whole milk...good taste & texture

Notes:
see the orange frozen yogurt recipe and modify use the zest from lime to
replace the orange zest and replace the orange juice with pureed
raspberries.

maybe 1 cup raspberrie puree maybe zest from 1 lime maybe vanilla yogurt

I used 1 cup whole milk 1/4 cup heavy cream and a 750 ml of vanilla
yoghurt
in this batch...alas I forgot the lime zest.

Notes: //www.makeicecream.com/rasfrozyog.html

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus > wrote:

>Alan's Raspberry Lime Frozen Yogurt
>
>alan's, ice cream, tested, yogurt
>
>3 cups raspberries (12 oz weight or
> 2 smalll pkgs) makes about 1 cup; puree (7/8 cup+)
>2/3 cup sugar
>1 tablespoon cornstarch
>1 cup milk (i used evapored milk)
>1/4 cup corn syrup
>3 cup vanilla flavored yogurt
> zest of 1 lime

>In food processor purée the raspberries for about 1 minute or until
>smooth. Strain and discard seeds. Set aside. Combine the sugar and
>cornstarch in a small saucepan. Add the milk and bring to a boil. Cook 1
>minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in raspberry
>purée and corn syrup and zest. Let the mixture cool completely.

>Combinethe raspberry mixture and yogurt in a bowl; stir well. Cover and
>chill 8 hours. Pour raspberry mixture into a ice cream machine. Freeze
>according to manufacturer's instructions.

>First attempt was eapourated milk...should try half and half; second was
>whole milk...good taste & texture

Mrs. Pope makes frozen yogurt by a much simpler process:
Wait until a 32 oz plain yogurt is about 3/4 full.
Then add 2 t sugar, a bunch of cut-up fresh fruit, and
a splash of buttermilk. Stir and put in freezer. Stir
again at 20 minute intervals a couple times.

No extra bowl, no food processor, no cleanup, no heating,
no pre-chill before freezing. Excellent result.

Some people would add more sugar; an advantage here is
you avoid a too-sweet product if you wish.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Aw hell, you had to remind me of Friendly's Watermelon sherbet!?!

Now I gotta go back into town... thanks! Ya BUM!!!

Andy
Doesn't homemake stuff like you!