FoodBanter.com

-   -   Am I to believe my eyes? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/158245-am-i-believe-my.html)

Andy[_2_] 08-07-2008 03:13 AM

Am I to believe my eyes?

Kraft macaroni & cheese crackers

??????

What happened since I left home? Did the world's axis shift?

I just went to Kalifornia for a week! Dammit!!!

Andy

sf[_3_] 08-07-2008 06:02 AM

Am I to believe my eyes?

On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 21:13:00 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>Am I to believe my eyes?
>
>Kraft macaroni & cheese crackers
>
>??????
>
>What happened since I left home? Did the world's axis shift?
>
>I just went to Kalifornia for a week! Dammit!!!

You mean your side of the country got it first?

<sniffle>

Mae West

Nexis 08-07-2008 08:27 AM

Am I to believe my eyes?

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 21:13:00 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>>Am I to believe my eyes?
>>
>>Kraft macaroni & cheese crackers
>>
>>??????
>>
>>What happened since I left home? Did the world's axis shift?
>>
>>I just went to Kalifornia for a week! Dammit!!!
>>

> You mean your side of the country got it first?
>
> <sniffle>

You haven't seen them yet, sf? My mom and I saw them a couple weeks ago at
the Albertson's near her. At first, I thought it was an abnormally large box
of mac&cheese! lol I had to read it twice before I realized they were just
crackers. She bought a box for the grandkids...they look like the kraft mac
& cheese noddles too. What'll they think up next?

kimberly

Dan Goodman 08-07-2008 09:51 AM

Am I to believe my eyes?

Nexis wrote:

> <sf> wrote in message
> ... >On Mon, 07 Jul
> 2008 21:13:00 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
> >
> > > Am I to believe my eyes?
> > >
> > > Kraft macaroni & cheese crackers
> > >
> > > ??????
> > >
> > > What happened since I left home? Did the world's axis shift?
> > >
> > > I just went to Kalifornia for a week! Dammit!!!
> > >

> > You mean your side of the country got it first?
> >
> > <sniffle>

> You haven't seen them yet, sf? My mom and I saw them a couple weeks
> ago at the Albertson's near her. At first, I thought it was an
> abnormally large box of mac&cheese! lol I had to read it twice before
> I realized they were just crackers. She bought a box for the
> grandkids...they look like the kraft mac & cheese noddles too.
> What'll they think up next?

There's already Hamburger Helper with the hamburger already mixed in
(freeze-dried.)

--
Dan Goodman
"I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."

Andy[_2_] 08-07-2008 11:07 AM

Am I to believe my eyes?

said...

> On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 21:13:00 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>>Am I to believe my eyes?
>>
>>Kraft macaroni & cheese crackers
>>
>>??????
>>
>>What happened since I left home? Did the world's axis shift?
>>
>>I just went to Kalifornia for a week! Dammit!!!
>>

> You mean your side of the country got it first?
>
> <sniffle>

I guess. Beware!

<smootch>

Andy

notbob 08-07-2008 03:23 PM

Am I to believe my eyes?

On 2008-07-08, Andy <q> wrote:
> Am I to believe my eyes?
>
> Kraft macaroni & cheese crackers
>
> ??????

The ice cream comes out next month.

nb

Andy[_2_] 08-07-2008 05:20 PM

Am I to believe my eyes?

notbob said...

> On 2008-07-08, Andy <q> wrote:
>> Am I to believe my eyes?
>>
>> Kraft macaroni & cheese crackers
>>
>> ??????

> The ice cream comes out next month.
>
> nb

What kinda/sorta treat would THAT be considered? Not sweet, I'd think! ;)

Andy

sf[_3_] 08-07-2008 07:35 PM

Am I to believe my eyes?

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 00:27:54 -0700, "Nexis" > wrote:

>You haven't seen them yet, sf? My mom and I saw them a couple weeks ago at
>the Albertson's near her. At first, I thought it was an abnormally large box
>of mac&cheese! lol I had to read it twice before I realized they were just
>crackers. She bought a box for the grandkids...they look like the kraft mac
>& cheese noddles too. What'll they think up next?

No, but I haven't been looking either. GS loves Kraft Mac & Cheese,
think I'll buy a box for chuckles... er GS that is.

;)

Mae West

sf[_3_] 08-07-2008 07:37 PM

Am I to believe my eyes?

On 08 Jul 2008 08:51:51 GMT, "Dan Goodman" > wrote:

>There's already Hamburger Helper with the hamburger already mixed in
>(freeze-dried.)

Is it sold in regular grocery stores or camping stores?

Mae West

sf[_3_] 08-07-2008 07:38 PM

Am I to believe my eyes?

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 05:07:29 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

> said...
>
>> On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 21:13:00 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>>
>>>Am I to believe my eyes?
>>>
>>>Kraft macaroni & cheese crackers
>>>
>>>??????
>>>
>>>What happened since I left home? Did the world's axis shift?
>>>
>>>I just went to Kalifornia for a week! Dammit!!!
>>>

>> You mean your side of the country got it first?
>>
>> <sniffle>

>I guess. Beware!
>
><smootch>

I'm going to look for it.

Mae West

blake murphy[_2_] 08-07-2008 07:43 PM

Am I to believe my eyes?

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 00:27:54 -0700, "Nexis" > wrote:

><sf> wrote in message ...
>> On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 21:13:00 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>>
>>>Am I to believe my eyes?
>>>
>>>Kraft macaroni & cheese crackers
>>>
>>>??????
>>>
>>>What happened since I left home? Did the world's axis shift?
>>>
>>>I just went to Kalifornia for a week! Dammit!!!
>>>

>> You mean your side of the country got it first?
>>
>> <sniffle>

>You haven't seen them yet, sf? My mom and I saw them a couple weeks ago at
>the Albertson's near her. At first, I thought it was an abnormally large box
>of mac&cheese! lol I had to read it twice before I realized they were just
>crackers. She bought a box for the grandkids...they look like the kraft mac
>& cheese noddles too. What'll they think up next?
>
>kimberly

i hope they're not as disgusting as the t.v. ads i've seen. a kid
whooshed up by a yellow-orange geyser? please.

your pal,
blake

Dan Goodman 08-07-2008 08:39 PM

Am I to believe my eyes?

sf wrote:

> On 08 Jul 2008 08:51:51 GMT, "Dan Goodman" > wrote:
>
> > There's already Hamburger Helper with the hamburger already mixed in
> > (freeze-dried.)

> Is it sold in regular grocery stores or camping stores?

I don't know, but the samples I saw were packaged as if for ordinary
groceries.

Andy[_2_] 08-07-2008 08:48 PM

Am I to believe my eyes?

said...

> On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 00:27:54 -0700, "Nexis" > wrote:
>
>>You haven't seen them yet, sf? My mom and I saw them a couple weeks ago
>>at the Albertson's near her. At first, I thought it was an abnormally
>>large box of mac&cheese! lol I had to read it twice before I realized
>>they were just crackers. She bought a box for the grandkids...they look
>>like the kraft mac & cheese noddles too. What'll they think up next?

> No, but I haven't been looking either. GS loves Kraft Mac & Cheese,
> think I'll buy a box for chuckles... er GS that is.
>
> ;)

sf,

Don't do that! Buy the other cheese puffs brands. Cheetos? Cheese Doodles?
Is that Kraft? Is there anywhere to turn that's NOT Kraft for junk food?

:(

Andy

sf[_3_] 08-07-2008 09:31 PM

Am I to believe my eyes?

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:48:24 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>sf,
>
>Don't do that! Buy the other cheese puffs brands. Cheetos? Cheese Doodles?
>Is that Kraft? Is there anywhere to turn that's NOT Kraft for junk food?

Yeah, but I already know what cheetos taste like and they don't come
in a Kraft box. I'm buying them for the box and the element of
surprise. ;)

Mae West

Andy[_2_] 08-07-2008 09:55 PM

Am I to believe my eyes?

said...

> On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:48:24 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>>sf,
>>
>>Don't do that! Buy the other cheese puffs brands. Cheetos? Cheese

Doodles?
>>Is that Kraft? Is there anywhere to turn that's NOT Kraft for junk food?

> Yeah, but I already know what cheetos taste like and they don't come
> in a Kraft box. I'm buying them for the box and the element of
> surprise. ;)

sf,

Not that I can stop you but I hope you know what you're doing!!! :D

Best,

Andy

Wayne Boatwright[_3_] 08-07-2008 10:24 PM

Am I to believe my eyes?

On Tue 08 Jul 2008 01:55:58p, Andy told us...

> said...
>
>> On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:48:24 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>>
>>>sf,
>>>
>>>Don't do that! Buy the other cheese puffs brands. Cheetos? Cheese
>>>Doodles? Is that Kraft? Is there anywhere to turn that's NOT Kraft for
>>>junk food?

>> Yeah, but I already know what cheetos taste like and they don't come
>> in a Kraft box. I'm buying them for the box and the element of
>> surprise. ;)

> sf,
>
> Not that I can stop you but I hope you know what you're doing!!! :D
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

I think Barbara always knows what she's doing. ;-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Tuesday, 07(VII)/08(VIII)/08(MMVIII)

Andy[_2_] 08-07-2008 11:03 PM

Am I to believe my eyes?

Andy said...

> On Tue 08 Jul 2008 01:55:58p, Andy told us...
>
>> said...

>>> Yeah, but I already know what cheetos taste like and they don't come
>>> in a Kraft box. I'm buying them for the box and the element of
>>> surprise. ;)

>> sf,
>>
>> Not that I can stop you but I hope you know what you're doing!!! :D
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy
>>

> I think Barbara always knows what she's doing. ;-)

But... but... would you... you're right! As a gag I can picture it.

Andy

mequeenbe.nospam 09-07-2008 01:59 AM

Am I to believe my eyes?

Andy wrote:
> Am I to believe my eyes?
>
> Kraft macaroni & cheese crackers
>
> ??????
>
> What happened since I left home? Did the world's axis shift?
>
> I just went to Kalifornia for a week! Dammit!!!
>
> Andy

i sorta half saw an ad for it the other night. probably tastes like
cheezits.

harriet & critters

Beer Drinking Dog 10-07-2008 02:08 AM

Am I to believe my eyes?

Andy wrote:
> Am I to believe my eyes?
>
> Kraft macaroni & cheese crackers
>
> ??????
>
> What happened since I left home? Did the world's axis shift?
>
> I just went to Kalifornia for a week! Dammit!!!
>
> Andy

Yeah, I saw those in my last visit to the local meglo-mart. I guess it's
what the ad execs call "brand extension".

Beer Drinking Dog 10-07-2008 02:09 AM

Am I to believe my eyes?

Dan Goodman wrote:
> Nexis wrote:
>
>> <sf> wrote in message
>> ... >On Mon, 07 Jul

>>> You mean your side of the country got it first?
>>>
>>> <sniffle>

>> You haven't seen them yet, sf? My mom and I saw them a couple weeks
>> ago at the Albertson's near her. At first, I thought it was an
>> abnormally large box of mac&cheese! lol I had to read it twice before
>> I realized they were just crackers. She bought a box for the
>> grandkids...they look like the kraft mac & cheese noddles too.
>> What'll they think up next?

> There's already Hamburger Helper with the hamburger already mixed in
> (freeze-dried.)

Let's not forget microwave hotdogs complete with buns!

Beer Drinking Dog 10-07-2008 02:12 AM

Am I to believe my eyes?

sf wrote:
> On 08 Jul 2008 08:51:51 GMT, "Dan Goodman" > wrote:
>
>> There's already Hamburger Helper with the hamburger already mixed in
>> (freeze-dried.)

> Is it sold in regular grocery stores or camping stores?

It's in regular grocery stores in the southwestern US. Tastes just like
the regular Hamburger Helper, but the freeze-dried hamburger bits don't
seem to soften up much. I pick them out when I've been forced to eat the
stuff.