Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Be Sure Of Your Order

So, last night, SWMBO and I decided to go out for a meal and
after some deliberation decided to check out the Red Palace, a
Chinese restaurant that local Sinophiles were raving about.
We spent several minutes perusing the menu before finally
agreeing to try the chef's special, Hakka Chicken Surprise,
which was served in a lidded cast iron pot.

Just as SWMBO was about to start in on our meal, the lid of the
pot rose slightly and she briefly saw two beady little eyes
peering out at her before the lid slammed back down.

"Good grief! Did you see that?" she exclaimed.

"See what?" I ask so She asked me to look in the pot.

20 years of marriage have taught me to Just Do It when asked so
I reached for the lid. The lid again rose for a brief instant,
and two beady little eyes glared out at me before the lid
slammed back down.

Not believing what I just saw, I started to reach for the pot
again, and again, the lid rose for an instant, two beady little
eyes glared out at me, and then the lid slammed down.

Disturbed, I signaled the waiter over and demanded an
explanation.

"What did you order?" asked the waiter.

"The Hakka Chicken Surprise," I replied.

"Ah!" exclaimed the waiter, "So sorry. My mistake. I thought
you ordered the ..."

..

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
Peeking Duck.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:58:25 -0700, "The Ranger"
> wrote:

>"What did you order?" asked the waiter.
>
>"The Hakka Chicken Surprise," I replied.
>
>"Ah!" exclaimed the waiter, "So sorry. My mistake. I thought
>you ordered the ..."

I don't get it.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 27 Jun 2008 07:44:54p, sf told us...

> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:58:25 -0700, "The Ranger"
> > wrote:
>
>>"What did you order?" asked the waiter.
>>
>>"The Hakka Chicken Surprise," I replied.
>>
>>"Ah!" exclaimed the waiter, "So sorry. My mistake. I thought you
>>ordered the ..."

> I don't get it.

Pointless drivel...

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 06(VI)/27(XXVII)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> "The Hakka Chicken Surprise," I replied.
>
> "Ah!" exclaimed the waiter, "So sorry. My mistake. I thought
> you ordered the ..."
>
> .
>
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .

> Peeking Duck.

rotflmao.....very, very funny.

harriet & critters in azusa
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:58:25 -0700, "The Ranger"
> > wrote:
>
>>"What did you order?" asked the waiter.
>>
>>"The Hakka Chicken Surprise," I replied.
>>
>>"Ah!" exclaimed the waiter, "So sorry. My mistake. I thought
>>you ordered the ..."

> I don't get it.

Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org
Found: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
6.120...
> On Fri 27 Jun 2008 07:44:54p, sf told us...
>
>> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:58:25 -0700, "The Ranger"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>"What did you order?" asked the waiter.
>>>
>>>"The Hakka Chicken Surprise," I replied.
>>>
>>>"Ah!" exclaimed the waiter, "So sorry. My mistake. I thought you
>>>ordered the ..."

>> I don't get it.

> Pointless drivel...

You would know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:03:28 -0700 (PDT), "mequeenbe.nospam"
> wrote:

>> "The Hakka Chicken Surprise," I replied.
>>
>> "Ah!" exclaimed the waiter, "So sorry. My mistake. I thought
>> you ordered the ..."
>>
>> .
>>
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .

>> Peeking Duck.

>rotflmao.....very, very funny.
>
>harriet & critters in azusa

Thanks, I didn't scroll down. *Now* I get it.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:14:57 -0700, Blinky the Shark

>> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:58:25 -0700, "The Ranger"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>"What did you order?" asked the waiter.
>>>
>>>"The Hakka Chicken Surprise," I replied.
>>>
>>>"Ah!" exclaimed the waiter, "So sorry. My mistake. I thought
>>>you ordered the ..."

>> I don't get it.

I got it after Harriet posted "the rest" of the story.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:14:57 -0700, Blinky the Shark
> > wrote:
>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:58:25 -0700, "The Ranger"

>>> I don't get it.

> I got it after Harriet posted "the rest" of the story.

Wow. In one day, Chris's computer dies and your scroll bar and down-arrow
quit working. Bad day in Black Rock!

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org
Found: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:01:29 -0700, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:

>Wow. In one day, Chris's computer dies and your scroll bar and down-arrow
>quit working. Bad day in Black Rock!

OK, I had no clue what those dots were for (in fact, I didn't notice
them) and it didn't occur to me to scroll down to find out if there
was more. I'm used to the more obvious signs that lead me to a punch
line. <oh, well>

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:01:29 -0700, Blinky the Shark
> > wrote:
>

>>Wow. In one day, Chris's computer dies and your scroll bar and down-arrow
>>quit working. Bad day in Black Rock!

> OK, I had no clue what those dots were for (in fact, I didn't notice
> them) and it didn't occur to me to scroll down to find out if there
> was more. I'm used to the more obvious signs that lead me to a punch
> line. <oh, well>

SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
SCROLL DOWN!
--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org
Found: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:01:29 -0700, Blinky the Shark
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>Wow. In one day, Chris's computer dies and your scroll bar and down-arrow
>>>quit working. Bad day in Black Rock!

>> OK, I had no clue what those dots were for (in fact, I didn't notice
>> them) and it didn't occur to me to scroll down to find out if there
>> was more. I'm used to the more obvious signs that lead me to a punch
>> line. <oh, well>

> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!
> SCROLL DOWN!

Sorry! I accidentally sent that before I could put the smiley at the
bottom.

Actually, I accidentally sent that before I even finished all the lines I
was going to add. D'oh!

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org
Found: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" <.> wrote in message ...
> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:01:29 -0700, Blinky the Shark
> > wrote:
>

>>Wow. In one day, Chris's computer dies and your scroll bar and down-arrow
>>quit working. Bad day in Black Rock!

> OK, I had no clue what those dots were for (in fact, I didn't notice
> them) and it didn't occur to me to scroll down to find out if there
> was more. I'm used to the more obvious signs that lead me to a punch
> line. <oh, well>

FFS, sf, tell this condescending mother****er to kiss your sweet ass.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:58:25 -0700, "The Ranger"
> > wrote:
>
>> "What did you order?" asked the waiter.
>>
>> "The Hakka Chicken Surprise," I replied.
>>
>> "Ah!" exclaimed the waiter, "So sorry. My mistake. I thought
>> you ordered the ..."

> I don't get it.

You didn't scroll down for the punch line.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf <.> wrote in :

>>"Ah!" exclaimed the waiter, "So sorry. My mistake. I thought
>>you ordered the ..."

> I don't get it.

It's a joke, not a particularly good one either.

The Royal Canadian Air Farce (long awaited) Chinese Restaurant Sketch, now
*that* was a good joke, but you need to be a Canadian to get it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Ranger" > wrote in
ndwidth:

> So, last night, SWMBO and I decided to go out for a meal and
> after some deliberation decided to check out the Red Palace, a
> Chinese restaurant that local Sinophiles were raving about.
> We spent several minutes perusing the menu before finally
> agreeing to try the chef's special, Hakka Chicken Surprise,
> which was served in a lidded cast iron pot.
>
> Just as SWMBO was about to start in on our meal, the lid of the
> pot rose slightly and she briefly saw two beady little eyes
> peering out at her before the lid slammed back down.
>
> "Good grief! Did you see that?" she exclaimed.
>
> "See what?" I ask so She asked me to look in the pot.
>
> 20 years of marriage have taught me to Just Do It when asked so
> I reached for the lid. The lid again rose for a brief instant,
> and two beady little eyes glared out at me before the lid
> slammed back down.
>
> Not believing what I just saw, I started to reach for the pot
> again, and again, the lid rose for an instant, two beady little
> eyes glared out at me, and then the lid slammed down.
>
> Disturbed, I signaled the waiter over and demanded an
> explanation.
>
> "What did you order?" asked the waiter.
>
> "The Hakka Chicken Surprise," I replied.
>
> "Ah!" exclaimed the waiter, "So sorry. My mistake. I thought
> you ordered the ..."
>
> .
>
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> Peeking Duck.

I don't get it.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
> "The Ranger" > wrote in
> ndwidth:
>
>> So, last night, SWMBO and I decided to go out for a meal and
>> after some deliberation decided to check out the Red Palace, a
>> Chinese restaurant that local Sinophiles were raving about.
>> We spent several minutes perusing the menu before finally
>> agreeing to try the chef's special, Hakka Chicken Surprise,
>> which was served in a lidded cast iron pot.
>>
>> Just as SWMBO was about to start in on our meal, the lid of the
>> pot rose slightly and she briefly saw two beady little eyes
>> peering out at her before the lid slammed back down.
>>
>> "Good grief! Did you see that?" she exclaimed.
>>
>> "See what?" I ask so She asked me to look in the pot.
>>
>> 20 years of marriage have taught me to Just Do It when asked so
>> I reached for the lid. The lid again rose for a brief instant,
>> and two beady little eyes glared out at me before the lid
>> slammed back down.
>>
>> Not believing what I just saw, I started to reach for the pot
>> again, and again, the lid rose for an instant, two beady little
>> eyes glared out at me, and then the lid slammed down.
>>
>> Disturbed, I signaled the waiter over and demanded an
>> explanation.
>>
>> "What did you order?" asked the waiter.
>>
>> "The Hakka Chicken Surprise," I replied.
>>
>> "Ah!" exclaimed the waiter, "So sorry. My mistake. I thought
>> you ordered the ..."
>>
>> .
>>
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> Peeking Duck.
>>

> I don't get it.
>
> --
>
> The house of the burning beet-Alan

Blinky thinks it's worth reading again and pondering. It's not.
It's stupid. I get it, but that's because I am a caretaker at an imbecile
resort.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 27, 9:58*pm, "The Ranger" > wrote:
> So, last night, SWMBO and I decided to go out for a meal and

Sick pun I love it.

John Kane Kingston ON Canada

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Very funny, Ranger! My first laugh of the day.
I am wondering if the skies in the San Jose area are smoke filled....we
haven't seen blue sky for over a week on the Peninsula..
Best wishes to all,
Ellie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:38:30 -0700, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:

>Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:01:29 -0700, Blinky the Shark

>>> OK, I had no clue what those dots were for (in fact, I didn't notice
>>> them) and it didn't occur to me to scroll down to find out if there
>>> was more. I'm used to the more obvious signs that lead me to a punch
>>> line. <oh, well>

>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!
>> SCROLL DOWN!

>Sorry! I accidentally sent that before I could put the smiley at the
>bottom.
>
>Actually, I accidentally sent that before I even finished all the lines I
>was going to add. D'oh!

At least it was more obvious AND you had an easier time than I did
with an earlier post... which I finally got right on the third time.

Maybe I should make a cup of coffee.....

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 03:31:46 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"sf" <.> wrote in message ...
>> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:01:29 -0700, Blinky the Shark
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>Wow. In one day, Chris's computer dies and your scroll bar and down-arrow
>>>quit working. Bad day in Black Rock!

>> OK, I had no clue what those dots were for (in fact, I didn't notice
>> them) and it didn't occur to me to scroll down to find out if there
>> was more. I'm used to the more obvious signs that lead me to a punch
>> line. <oh, well>

>FFS, sf, tell this condescending mother****er to kiss your sweet ass.

LOL! Damn, I missed my chance. You're better at come backs than I
am.... maybe I should take some lessons.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 14:44:39 GMT, hahabogus > wrote:

>"The Ranger" > wrote in
andwidth:

<snip>

>> "What did you order?" asked the waiter.
>>
>> "The Hakka Chicken Surprise," I replied.
>>
>> "Ah!" exclaimed the waiter, "So sorry. My mistake. I thought
>> you ordered the ..."
>>
>> .
>> .
>> Peeking Duck.
>>

>I don't get it.

LOLOL! OK, rub it in. I'll never live that one down.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:

>Very funny, Ranger! My first laugh of the day.
>I am wondering if the skies in the San Jose area are smoke filled....we
>haven't seen blue sky for over a week on the Peninsula..

It's uniformly smoky skies all over. Hundreds of miles in
every direction.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" <.> wrote in message ...
> On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 03:31:46 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>

>>"sf" <.> wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:01:29 -0700, Blinky the Shark

>>> OK, I had no clue what those dots were for (in fact, I didn't notice
>>> them) and it didn't occur to me to scroll down to find out if there
>>> was more. I'm used to the more obvious signs that lead me to a punch
>>> line. <oh, well>

>>FFS, sf, tell this condescending mother****er to kiss your sweet ass.
>>

> LOL! Damn, I missed my chance. You're better at come backs than I
> am.... maybe I should take some lessons.

Probly not. I am somewhat anti-social. You may have noticed this.
Something to do with calling horse shit "horse shit."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope > wrote in message

>> I am wondering if the skies in the San Jose area are
>> smoke filled....we haven't seen blue sky for over a
>> week on the Peninsula..
>>

> It's uniformly smoky skies all over. Hundreds of miles in
> every direction.

There was a satellite picture showing the entire PRC with the
smoke trails from all the fires. Of course, now I can't find
it...

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf <.> wrote in :

>>> .
>>> .
>>> Peeking Duck.
>>>

>>I don't get it.

> LOLOL! OK, rub it in. I'll never live that one down.

Rub what in? Haka Chicken? Peeking Duck? I just don't get it. Never tried
either and don't see the point...if there was one.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Ranger > wrote:

>> It's uniformly smoky skies all over. Hundreds of miles in
>> every direction.

>There was a satellite picture showing the entire PRC with the
>smoke trails from all the fires. Of course, now I can't find
>it...

People's Republic of China?

Or Pacific Coast Rearranged?

S.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope > wrote in message
> The Ranger > wrote:
>>There was a satellite picture showing the entire PRC [..]

> People's Republic of China?

Normally, yes; but...

> Or Pacific Coast Rearranged?

Only if you're a developer.

People's [DemoKratic] Republic of Californi[cated]a.

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:57:07 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"sf" <.> wrote in message ...
>> On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 03:31:46 -0400, "cybercat" >
>> wrote:

>>>FFS, sf, tell this condescending mother****er to kiss your sweet ass.
>>>

>> LOL! Damn, I missed my chance. You're better at come backs than I
>> am.... maybe I should take some lessons.
>>

>Probly not. I am somewhat anti-social. You may have noticed this.
>Something to do with calling horse shit "horse shit."

Ah, the straight forward type.... maybe I'm the only one on rfc who
laughs, but *I* often think you're hilarious. Blake is better at it,
but you're still #2 on my list. <chuckle>

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 17:01:52 GMT, hahabogus > wrote:

>Peeking Duck?

Peking Duck is the correct spelling. Those were the unculturally
aware days before we called it Payking, now Bayjing (Beijing).

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" <.> wrote

> Ah, the straight forward type.... maybe I'm the only one on rfc who
> laughs, but *I* often think you're hilarious.

Thank you. You aren't the only one. People In Email Love Me.

>Blake is better at it,

This is why I am hot for him. I would have his love child but I think
my eggs are too old. Buck, buck, buck.

> but you're still #2 on my list. <chuckle>

Better to be #2 than not make the list at all.

hey ... wait a minute .... #2?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Ranger > wrote:

>Steve Pope > wrote in message

>> People's Republic of China?

>Normally, yes; but...

>> Or Pacific Coast Rearranged?

>Only if you're a developer.

>People's [DemoKratic] Republic of Californi[cated]a.

Ah thanks.

I assume this excludes most of San Diego County?

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "sf" <.> wrote
>
>> Ah, the straight forward type.... maybe I'm the only one on rfc who
>> laughs, but *I* often think you're hilarious.

> Thank you. You aren't the only one. People In Email Love Me.

Well, sure, you give them money.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf sucks:

> On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:57:07 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>

> >"sf" <.> wrote in message

> >> LOL! Damn, I missed my chance. You're better at come backs than I
> >> am.... maybe I should take some lessons.
> >>

> >Probly not. I am somewhat anti-social. You may have noticed this.
> >Something to do with calling horse shit "horse shit."
> >

> Ah, the straight forward type.... maybe I'm the only one on rfc who
> laughs, but *I* often think you're hilarious. Blake is better at it,
> but you're still #2 on my list. <chuckle>

Unfortunately for blake, the entertainment value of his posts go down in
direct correlation to how much he responds to the cyberpussy...lately he's
just about as useless a poster as O' Feel Up aka "Ophelia".

Just so ya know, luv...

:-)

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope > wrote in message

> I assume this excludes most of San Diego County?

Why? Did they secede?

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Ranger > wrote:

>Steve Pope > wrote in message

>> I assume this excludes most of San Diego County?

>Why? Did they secede?

Just because the People's Republick label doesn't really
fit down there...

S.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope > wrote in message
> The Ranger > wrote:
>>Steve Pope > wrote in message

>>> I assume this excludes most of San Diego County?

>>Why? Did they secede?

> Just because the People's Republick label doesn't really
> fit down there...

Hmm. I'd better let those members of Clan Ranger that live
there know this; they're actively participating in the
political process in that particular municipality.

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 13:33:09 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>Better to be #2 than not make the list at all.
>
>hey ... wait a minute .... #2?

LAUGH!

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..
> cybercat wrote:
>> "sf" <.> wrote
>>
>>> Ah, the straight forward type.... maybe I'm the only one on rfc who
>>> laughs, but *I* often think you're hilarious.

>> Thank you. You aren't the only one. People In Email Love Me.

> Well, sure, you give them money.

Oh, man, what's the problem now? Wasn't $49.95 enough for you?

Out of Order sf[_9_] General Cooking 9 07-11-2010 11:22 PM
buy ampicillin plate order ampicillin dosing order ampicillinprophylaxis order ampicillin gentamycin order ampicillin dosing orderampicillin agar order ampicillin buy ampicillin acne order ampicillin solutionlb agar plates penicillin order ampicillin [email protected] General Cooking 0 13-03-2008 05:41 AM
Order Leonard Tea 21 17-12-2004 08:16 PM
WSM order is in bbq Barbecue 22 03-03-2004 06:44 PM
Where to Order? Chris Sushi 6 23-11-2003 08:22 PM