Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Heinz UK Pulls Mayo Ad Showing Two Men Kissing...

[So I guess in this case "It's Adam + EVE - not Adam + Steve (sqwertz,
lol)..." And this bein' *** Pride Month 'n all...!!! I thought the ad
was cute, who would complain!? - Greg Morrow ]

http://www.suntimes.com/news/world/1...062408.article

Heinz pulls ad for mayonnaise showing 2 men kissing

FROM ASSOCIATED PRESS

"LONDON - Heinz Co. said viewer complaints prompted it to pull a British
television advertisement for mayonnaise that showed two men kissing.

The ad for Heinz Deli Mayo depicted a kitchen scene involving two children,
a father and a male deli cook with a New York accent, whom the children
addressed as ''Mum.'' At the end of the ad, the cook kisses the father as he
leaves for work.

The Advertising Standards Authority said it received 202 complaints, some
that said the advertisement was offensive, inappropriate and unsuitable for
children.

Heinz said the ad was withdrawn because of ''consumer feedback.'' Spokesman
Nigel Dickie said Tuesday that the company apologized if it had offended
anyone.

Fox News host Bill O'Reilly complained about the advertisement on Friday
during his show, ''The O'Reilly Factor.''

''I just want mayonnaise. I don't want guys kissing,'' he said. British ***
rights group Stonewall said it was shocked that Heinz had yanked what it
called an ''innocuous'' ad and urged *** consumers to boycott the company.

The ad, which was launched on British television just over a week ago and
was meant to run for five weeks, was taken off the air Friday, Heinz said in
a statement released Monday.

The ad did not run in the U.S..."

</>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Mad Mayo Kisser! said...

> Heinz pulls ad for mayonnaise showing 2 men kissing

MMK,

That kind of BS maneuvering is constantly going to happen.

Didn't see it. Wouldn't care one way or the other. I'm the other.

Didn't even know Heinz made mayo.

Was it a print or TV ad? Out of curiousity.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Mad Mayo Kisser! wrote:
> [So I guess in this case "It's Adam + EVE - not Adam + Steve (sqwertz,
> lol)..." And this bein' *** Pride Month 'n all...!!! I thought the ad
> was cute, who would complain!? - Greg Morrow ]
>
> http://www.suntimes.com/news/world/1...062408.article
>

> Heinz pulls ad for mayonnaise showing 2 men kissing

Is it because mayo is so much like semen, and seeing two men kissing
makes some folks think of one of them ejaculating in the other's mouth?

I always think that putting mayo on a sandwich when you haven't
specifically requested it is kind of like ejaculating on the sandwich.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:14:45 -0500, BoboBonobo >
wrote:

>The Mad Mayo Kisser! wrote:
>> [So I guess in this case "It's Adam + EVE - not Adam + Steve (sqwertz,
>> lol)..." And this bein' *** Pride Month 'n all...!!! I thought the ad
>> was cute, who would complain!? - Greg Morrow ]
>>
>> http://www.suntimes.com/news/world/1...062408.article
>>

>> Heinz pulls ad for mayonnaise showing 2 men kissing
>>

>Is it because mayo is so much like semen, and seeing two men kissing
>makes some folks think of one of them ejaculating in the other's mouth?
>
>I always think that putting mayo on a sandwich when you haven't
>specifically requested it is kind of like ejaculating on the sandwich.
>
>--Bryan

you got some strange thoughts there, bobo. i suppose ketchup is a
hemorrhage?

blake

Kissing a pig? Ed Pawlowski Barbecue 4 13-01-2010 03:58 PM
Cop Pulls Gun At McDonald's Mark Thorson General Cooking 7 29-07-2009 07:57 PM
UK Heinz faggot mayo advert removed T Tone General Cooking 9 25-06-2008 08:28 PM
Kissing Explained Priyanka General Cooking 1 11-07-2007 03:50 PM