FoodBanter.com

-   -   question banana fritters (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/157314-question-banana-fritters.html)

F Murtz 21-06-2008 02:08 PM

question banana fritters

How to make sweet crunchie crumbs stick on bananas for fritters [and
what out of]?

George[_1_] 21-06-2008 03:18 PM

question banana fritters

F Murtz wrote:
> How to make sweet crunchie crumbs stick on bananas for fritters [and
> what out of]?

Typically banana fritters are made using mashed bananas mixed with
flour, sugar, eggs, spices etc and formed into shape and fried. Are you
trying to make something like a deep fried battered banana?

F Murtz 21-06-2008 03:24 PM

question banana fritters

George wrote:
> F Murtz wrote:
>> How to make sweet crunchie crumbs stick on bananas for fritters [and
>> what out of]?

> Typically banana fritters are made using mashed bananas mixed with
> flour, sugar, eggs, spices etc and formed into shape and fried. Are you
> trying to make something like a deep fried battered banana?

Yes [in Australia we tend to call all fried banana concoctions fritters]

Dimitri 21-06-2008 06:51 PM

question banana fritters

"F Murtz" > wrote in message
> How to make sweet crunchie crumbs stick on bananas for fritters [and what
> out of]?

Heat the oil properly.

see below;

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

BANANA FRITTERS

2 c. biscuit mix
2 eggs
2-3 mashed bananas
3 tbsp. sugar
1 c. milk

Beat eggs slightly. Add remaining ingredients. Stir. Drop teaspoonfuls
in deep oil, 375 degrees.

BANANA FRITTERS

1 c. sifted flour
2 tsp. double-acting baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 c. sugar
1 egg, well beaten
1/3 c. milk
2 tsp. melted shortening

Sift dry ingredients together. Combine egg, milk and shortening. Add to
dry ingredients and mix until batter is smooth. Peel 3 to 4 bananas, cut
into 3 to 4 diagonal pieces and roll in 1/4 cup flour to coat. Dip into
fritter batter, making sure each piece is coated. Deep fry in frying pan.
Have 1 1/2 to 2 inches of oil in frying pan. Fry about 6 minutes, turning
once or twice until golden brown. Serve hot with a main course or as a
dessert with hot fruit sauce of syrup.