Old 26-10-2003, 07:15 PM
Carnivore269

Default Drink mixer recommendations

"SPOONS" wrote in message ble.rogers.com...
Hi Dave,

In my honest opinion, if you're only going to use an appliance for one
recipe it's not worth the money. What I mean is if you have a blender you
can make great milkshakes and it still has many uses for other recipes.
Just a thought only worth 2 cents.

Take care,
SPOONS

"Dave Brower" wrote in message
I've been looking at the Hamilton Beach 936, and the Waring DMC20. Does
anyone here have experience with either? It will mainly be used for making
milkshakes.
I'll appreciate any recommendations.
Thanks, Dave

There are a number of cheap appliances that can be used for making milkshakes...
No-one needs a $1,200 Waring IMHO. ;-)

A simply corning blender will make milkshakes!

C.

Old 26-10-2003, 08:32 PM
The Cook

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

(Carnivore269) wrote in
om:

"SPOONS" wrote in message
[...]

No blender can make a milkshake like a milkshake mixer, preferably
Hamilton Beach, particularly an old commercial model. Check e-Bay for
some that are decently priced. My HB malt mixer from 1938 does a perfect
job.

Wayne

Wayne

The new version of the classic style is available:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...tchen&n=568982

About $35 and free shipping.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.
Old 26-10-2003, 11:09 PM
Wayne Boatwright

The Cook wrote in
news
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

(Carnivore269) wrote in
. com:

"SPOONS" wrote in message
[...]

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...qid=1067199932
/br=1-1/ref=br_lf_k_1//104-8517187-8127115?v=glance&s=kitchen&n=568982

About $35 and free shipping.

It's very nice, but definitely a home version. The following is typical
of th earlier commercial models and similar to mine. Has much more
power...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0262&category=
852

Wayne
Old 26-10-2003, 11:43 PM
The Cook

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

The Cook wrote in
news
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

(Carnivore269) wrote in
.com:

"SPOONS" wrote in message
[...]

I better not show that to my husband, at least not until the auction
is over.

Old 27-10-2003, 06:33 AM
Dave Brower

No blender can make a milkshake like a milkshake mixer, preferably
Hamilton Beach, particularly an old commercial model. Check e-Bay for
some that are decently priced. My HB malt mixer from 1938 does a
perfect job.

Wayne

Wayne

The new version of the classic style is available:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...qid=1067199932
/br=1-1/ref=br_lf_k_1//104-8517187-8127115?v=glance&s=kitchen&n=568982

About $35 and free shipping.

It's very nice, but definitely a home version. The following is typical
of th earlier commercial models and similar to mine. Has much more
power...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0262&category=
852

Wayne

Wayne,
I've been looking at the machines on eBay, but I was a little concerned
about whether they had enough power or getting one that was worn out. If you
vouch for the power, I'll take a chance on getting one that's still
serviceable.
Thanks for the reply.
Dave

Old 27-10-2003, 06:50 AM
Dave Brower

"Carnivore269" wrote in message
m...
"SPOONS" wrote in message

[...]

I agree, there are cheap machines, with the emphasis on CHEAP.
BTW, the Waring DMC20 is a commercial single spindle machine and is
$187.69+shipping.
Dave

Old 27-10-2003, 08:04 AM
Wayne Boatwright

"Dave Brower" wrote in
:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...35/qid=1067199

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...80262&category
= 852

Wayne

Wayne,
I've been looking at the machines on eBay, but I was a little
concerned about whether they had enough power or getting one that was
worn out. If you vouch for the power, I'll take a chance on getting
one that's still serviceable.
Thanks for the reply.
Dave

Dave,
I actually bought mine on eBay about 3 years ago. It's a great machine
and we use it weekly. It easily handles hard ice cream when making a
milkshake or malt. In fact, I usually can only use it set on the lower
power setting. Make sure that you confer with the seller that it's in
perfect operating condition. Since they were built for commercial use,
it will probably last you forever!
Wayne

P. S. - Enjoy!